18 May 2024, 23:41:28 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 489924 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 21 October 2010, 19:48:59 »
ReplyReply

schnabbels

What are/is Scnabbels?  consufsed5

a word that I use to get your attention  hihi
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #761 on: 22 October 2010, 00:26:30 »
ReplyReply

as inspired by the Harrier mishap post, here the version I like better:

Lucky Man by Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: 28 October 2010, 01:55:35 »
ReplyReply

just while doing my other TA personality work watch a nice report on TV, called "Mapa Sonoro" (Sounding Map), a monthly kind of road movie showing whats going on in the Spanish movie scene through interviews with musicians, alsways coupled with a song.

For those who speak spanish the whole thing might be interesting (hey! you get to see todays Spain: Madrid, Albacete and Barcelona in this order, and then also there are some interesting songs...), for those who don´t, I just want to remind you of the kid I presented in a recent post playing the guitar with a pig hoof, and who later revolutionized Spanish take on music in general:

In this months report, after other musicians (Tulsa - impressive as always! - , Joaquin Pasqual) this now 50+ years old Raimundo Amador is shown in his latest project with Howe Gelb (an US musician), playing "Cowboy Boots on Cbble Stone" (in English, of course, as well as large parts of the interview after picking the band up in a hotel and carrying them to the airport).

Here the link to the vid, you must probably have to wait a bit for loading and only then start (you cannot advance the vid while its loading), as this part starts at minute 17 into the vid and lasts to min 23:

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20100628/mapa-sonoro-18-tulsa-joaquin-pascual-raimundo-amador-howe-gelb-javiera-mena/813898.shtml

Tulsa Miren Iza explains how she composes and plays a song in a bar that could be in the Route 66 before boarding the van to go on tour with her band. Then we find the singer and actress Sara Da Pin Up and talked for a while with her music.

Later we are going to see Albacete´s Joaquin Pascual, a former member of the legendary Surfin 'Bichos and leader after Mercromina groups and Travolta.

In Barcelona we collect Raimundo Amador and Howe Gelb in their hotel to take them to the airport of El Prat.

We talked about the collaboration between them and we stop off to see them play the song "Cowboy Boots On Coble Stone." Then we found in the Mercat dels Encants the Chilean musician Javiera Mena, the new white hope of electronic pop in Spanish.

For those who dont want to give themselves the whole film, here another nice vid of the music that came from their work together (though I love this unplugged version on the field so much more):

Howe Gelb & A Band of Gypsies - 4 Doors Maverick

And, live at the Apolo in Barcelona, Raimuno Amador starting off:

HOWE GELB and the Band of Gypsies

Enjoy!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 28 October 2010, 02:25:55 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 28 October 2010, 19:06:47 »
ReplyReply

this artist has a new album, Ozark Henry from Belgium.... got tickets for a live show in december....

I included the not-official clips to show his talent in not-so-perfect surroundings

Ozark Henry These Days

Ozark Henry Indian Summer

Ozark Henry At Sea

this guy makes beatiful music where voice and instruments get the attention they deserve... I always feel happy and relaxed when I hear him... some kind of holiday-vibe takes control of me....

when you can you SHOULD get his music into your home.... you will feel better
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: 28 October 2010, 20:15:46 »
ReplyReply

First one I like, the rest is not so much to my flavor.

Is "Ozark Henry" the band name, or the singer´s?

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 28 October 2010, 20:29:23 »
ReplyReply

First one I like, the rest is not so much to my flavor.

Is "Ozark Henry" the band name, or the singer´s?

Rattler

band's name but it is really a solo guy.... helped by a band performing LIVE

http://www.ozarkhenry.be/

To Piet Goddaer making music is as vital and natural as breathing. He's a prolific and passionate composer/performer and effortlessly connects with other artists from other disciplines, for example in film or fashion. Which leads to fascinating side-projects in other arts. "Our common ground is that we all observe the world around us and comment on what we see or experience. What we create is a personal reflection on our society. I love film, fashion, architecture, plastic arts and literature: they give me new insights. Very inspiring!"

His father, classical composer and jazz musician Norbert Goddaer, encourages Piet in his childhood to learn to read sheet music. At the local music academy the gifted youngster also learns to play the piano and the saxophone. At home, by exploring his dad's record collection, Piet develops a broad taste in music, from classical music to Dave Brubeck and Frank Zappa. On his 16th birthday, his father gives him his first electric guitar. Piet teaches himself to play the instrument. As soon as he masters the basics of the guitar, he starts writing songs. Not much later he forms his first band called Church of Nemesis, with brother Jan on bass. When the lead-singer leaves the band, Piet steps up to the microphone and the band changes its name into Heather O' Rourke. In 1994 Piet's brother Jan starts with the hiphop/funk project Word. Piet writes all the lyrics for this formation and raps on stage. Word becomes popular in the alternative underground scene and some songs are picked-up by the alternative Belgian radio station Studio Brussels.

But his creativity isn't limited to Word, Piet also writes songs for a solo-project he has in mind. With this material Ozark Henry is born in 1995. The music critics embrace him and his avant-garde music, but real success comes after the release of his third album 'Birthmarks' in 2001 and the hits 'Rescue', 'Word Up' and 'Sweet Instigator'. All the subsequent released Ozark Henry studio albums and compilation CD's sell in large numbers.

The talent, craftsmanship and musical courage and vision of Piet Goddaer is also noticed by colleagues in the music business. Other singers and groups enlist him as a songwriter, arranger or producer. He works with well-known Belgian bands as Arid, Lunascape, Novastar and the British artists-collective A Change Of Light. And Piet travels around the globe to participate in co-write sessions for international artists. Piet Goddaer describes his music as "almost visible moving landscapes". The cinematic feel of his compositions brings him a lot of assignments in television and motion picture, composing soundtracks for films, documentaries and drama-series. He writes the score for the popular Belgian TV-series 'Sedes & Belli', composes music for the film 'Crusade In Jeans' and the famous director Stijn Coninx turns to Piet Goddaer for the soundtrack of the highly-acclaimed documentary 'To Walk Again'.

The beautiful and sensitive atmospheres Piet evokes with his music trigger the attention of fashion designer Dries Van Noten. He invites the songwriter to Paris, to play live during his most important defile on an international catwalk. Piet is also asked to give ideas for a new clothing line for the popular retail chain JBC. The Dutch shoe designer Floris van Bommel confesses to be an avid fan of Piet and his music, and together they design a trendy pair of Ozark Henry flip-flops. "I enjoyed al these experiments, but please don't call me a designer, that's too much credit." However, Piet Goddaer clearly has an eye for style and design, for colour and shape. The proof? The quality booklets and covers of his CD's. This visual talent was shaped in his teenage years, when he took lessons at the local art academy. And even today he sometimes experiments with canvas and paint in his studio, just for recreational purposes.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 30 October 2010, 15:03:04 »
ReplyReply

tomorrow, October 31st, the 2nd edition of 'Sinners Day'

<a href="http://sinnersday.com/sinners_plan.pdf" target="_blank">http://sinnersday.com/sinners_plan.pdf</a>

my favourites: Poesie Noire - The Young Gods & The Orb

there will be foods&drinks, shops for vinyl and clothings and more.... it's all indoors so f*** the weather...

Poesie Noire-Gioconda Smile (Remastered)

SKIN FLOWERS - THE YOUNG GODS - 1992

The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #767 on: 4 November 2010, 00:03:27 »
ReplyReply

A very personal thingy:

Here, on our tiny island, we have a very alive community of fire fighters, here one explaining to school children why smoke detectors are a good thing to have (though the "Bombero Rapero" = "The Rapping Fire Fighter" is Puertoricanian)...:

Maybe you didnt know, but (US statistics) having a smoke detector installed at your home recudes fire deaths by 82%...
"El Detector de Humo" / The smoke detector

Along the same personal thingy - and you wont as not from the island connect the issues though they *are* connected, two of our *real* famous musicians from here (while certainly great music not always to my personal liking, I am afraid, also not the best songs but the ones that didd not require to go to utube):

Nuria Fergó:
Si tu no estas aqui- Nuria Fergó

Chenoa:
Chenoa "Te encontré" (acústico)

FWIW,

Rattler
« Last Edit: 4 November 2010, 23:35:23 by Rattler » Logged

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 4 November 2010, 19:42:23 »
ReplyReply

Nuria Fergo, ay caramba!

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: 4 November 2010, 23:17:09 »
ReplyReply

Nuria Fergo, ay caramba!

Yes, though not my music - actually both artists were winners of what in the US would be "American Idol" here in Spain (Operacion Triunfo) - too cold and "staged" for my liking.

OTOH yesterday night in a bar ran into a guy covering the Swiss duo "Double" very well (anybody still remembers "Rangoon Moon", "Captain of her Heart"?), his name is "Kurt Maloo", never had heard of him before, but he sure revives some of my best ´80s "late night, at the bar" memories...:

Kurt Maloo - The Captain Of Her Heart (Official Video)

And here one of the original tunes (i.e. by "Double"):

Double - Rangoon Moon (Official 1984 Version)

... and the cover by Kurt Maloo, same feeling and vibes, but obviously adapted to the "modern" times, nice job!

Kurt Maloo vs. Double - Rangoon Moon (Official Video)

Enjoy!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 4 November 2010, 23:32:37 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: 7 November 2010, 00:59:22 »
ReplyReply

I have always been fascinated by our German (wartime? at least dictatorship times) movies which created some unforgettable characters and songs, not only for my generation or (even more) my parents`but also seems to equally still affect e.g. my own kids, I guess in the end they are universal and time resistant, somehow (frankly, a bit of a Hanna Reitsch effect here, there are things that are independent from the political/social environment they were created in, the achievement as such has its own value)...

As only recently (1983) having moved to Spain I am only now finding out abut the parallels of the same thingy in Spain (and they didn't even participate in the war!)

As we are only allowed three vids per post, let me split this in two parts:

GERMAN (propaganda?) movie music songs (classics) from during the NSDAP regime, and SPANISH music movie songs (classics as well in the above mentioned sense) from during the FRANCO regime (which obviously went on a bit longer) in the next post.

Interesting to compare, both similarities as differences clearly visible...:

Germany, part 1, "Hans Albers" (1891- 1960):

Hans Albers, "Auf der Reeperbahn nachts um halb eins" (On the Reeperbahn at 0030) is a song from 1936, having actually been used in *two* movies: "Grosse Freiheit #7" ("Big freedom #7"), the first one referring to a part of hamburg called "St. Pauli" and two of its "worldwide known" streets, the "Grosse Freiheit" and die "Reeperbahn", kind of (up to the 80s, now it is hard core all under Albanian control) a very mild and amicable red light district in Hamburg/St. Pauli presenting a mix of bars/brothels where everybody was welcome and could have a nice evening (ladies included).

Hans Albers (who died way too early in full bloom) is a National Legend in Germany (like maybe the rat pack guys in the US), for us describing the "good" German (albeit being a little bit "Redneck" if you allow me this US POV intrusion), the working class "gentleman" who would fight for his and others (mainly ladies, but also foreign soldiers, or poor "negroes") honor and other general socially appreciated valors (hence he usually was either a ship Captain or an Explorer, or a Pilot in his films, here the propagandistic influence). Still, he surely left his marks on *my* view on the world...

This here is one of the few songs (being a "Waltz" helps!) I am sure every German knows to sing and dance (and we know few. maybe 3, to our shame when abroad), and even up today it is the anthem of the "St. Pauli" soccer club and sung on every party where a little (more) bit of alc is involved. The Nazis DID NOT use the song with the same actor twice, the vid excerpt "Wasser für Canitoba" (Water for Canitoba, addresses another song, from 1932, "Goodbye Johnny", when Jazz in Germany was not yet forbidden as "negro music" and so gives a wrong idea in the context of "Reeperbahn"), give it time past the introduction if you want to see the "ideal" German from NSDAP POV (Hans Albers was marketed after 1938 as "Der Blonde Hans" or "The Blond Giant").

The lyrics -for that time- in their explicitness were *very* European, is my guess, cannot imagine this would have been lyrics for a song in "Disneyban" Hollywood, they surely are politically incorrect today:

Silbern klingt und springt die Heuer, /Silvery sounds and jumps the wage (in my pocket)
heut' speel ick dat feine Oos. /Today I am going to be a gentleman
Heute ist mir nichts zu teuer, /Nothing is too expensive tonight
morgen geht die Reise los. /Because tomorrow we will be leaving again
Langsam bummel ich ganz alleine /Slowly I go strolling, all alone
die Reeperbahn nach der Freiheit 'rauf, /From "Reeperbahn" to "(Grosse) Freiheit"
treff ich eine Blonde, recht feine, /Until I run into a blonde, really cute
die gabel ich mir auf. /This one I am going to pick up

Komm doch, liebe Kleine, sei die meine, sag' nicht nein! /Come on, little one (sweetheart), be mine, dont say no
Du sollst bist morgen früh um neune meine kleine Liebste sein. /I want you to be - at least till tomorrow 9 o´clock - to be my beloved darling
Ist dir's recht, na dann bleib' ich dir treu sogar bis um zehn. /If you agree, ok, so I promise I will stay true to you until even 10 o´clock...!
Hak' mich unter, wir woll'n zusammen mal bummeln geh'n. /Accept my arm, lets go strolling...

Auf der Reeperbahn nachts um halb eins, /On Reeperbahn at twelve thirty at night
ob du'n Mädel hast oder hast kein's, /If you have a girl or if you haven´t
amüsierst du dich, /You will have (find) fun
denn das findet sich /Because this is what always happens
auf der Reeperbahn nachts um halb eins. /On Reeperbahn at twelve thirty at night
Wer noch niemals in lauschiger Nacht /Who never during a nice and warm night
einen Reeperbahnbummel gemacht, /Has taken a stroll up and down Reeperbahn
ist ein armer Wicht, /Must be a sad bloke, really
denn er kennt dich nicht, /Because he never got to know you
mein St. Pauli, St. Pauli bei Nacht. /You, my St. Pauli, St. Pauli at night!

Kehr ich heim im nächsten Jahre, /If I come back one year from now
braungebrannt wie'n Hottentott; /Burnt black like a Negro
hast du deine blonden Haare /You will have tainted your blonde hair
schwarz gefärbt, vielleicht auch rot, /To black, or maybe to red...?
grüßt dich dann mal ein fremder Jung', /Should then a stranger greet you (on the street)
und du gehst vorüber und kennst ihn nicht, /And you pass him and cannot remember why
kommt dir vielleicht die Erinnerung wieder, /Maybe memory will come back
wenn leis' er zu dir spricht: /When he susses in a low voice:

Komm doch, liebe Kleine, sei die meine, sag' nicht nein! /Come on, little one (sweetheart), be mine, dont say no
Du sollst bist morgen früh um neune meine kleine Liebste sein. /I want you to be - at least till tomorrow 9 o´clock - to be my beloved darling
Ist dir's recht, na dann bleib' ich dir treu sogar bis um zehn. /If you agree, ok, so I promise I will stay true to you until even 10 o´clock...!
Hak' mich unter, wir woll'n zusammen mal bummeln geh'n. /Accept my arm, lets go strolling...

Auf der Reeperbahn nachts um halb eins, /On Reeperbahn at twelve thirty at night
ob du'n Mädel hast oder hast kein's, /If you have a girl or if you haven´t
amüsierst du dich, /You will have (find) fun
denn das findet sich /Because this is what always happens
auf der Reeperbahn nachts um halb eins. /On Reeperbahn at twelve thirty at night
Wer noch niemals in lauschiger Nacht /Who never during a nice and warm night
einen Reeperbahnbummel gemacht, /Has taken a stroll up and down Reeperbahn
ist ein armer Wicht, /Must be a sad bloke, really
denn er kennt dich nicht, /Because he never got to know you
mein St. Pauli, St. Pauli bei Nacht. /You, my St. Pauli, St. Pauli at night!

We Germans find such stuff romantic...  Brede lach

Hans Albers - Auf der Reeperbahn nachts um halb eins

As we went on about Hann Reitsch (and I dont agree at all with Monty on this one), propaganda even in the early ´30s prepared Germans to become pilots (not so hard, at hose times pilots had all the girls they wanted, the problem was to actally be allowed to fly), and to see in what mindset she and so many grew up:

From the movie "FP1 does not answer" (F.P.1 antwortet nicht) from 1932 where Albers again displayed the image of the German Male as the NSDAP wanted it to be seen (see the pix in the vid), came one of my favorite songs ever, the "Fliegerlied" (Aviators´ song), the best I found to describe what we young Germans felt when we wanted to become pilots, and not surprisingly until to day the pilots anthem both civil as well as with great vid artwork in the ads for the German Airfoce
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozuL4o9Aep8#
and even for Rock Bands, another song all Germans can sing from memory. I simply love the lyrics, even if they dont paint anything anymore of what flying today means (and, for those who dont speak German, in my translation all the charme and poetry of the lyrics is lost, I am afraid, but in the rhymes and rhythm you might find it if you get the gist):

Vom Nordpol zum Südpol ist nur ein Katzensprung. /North Pole, South Pole, its just a jump away
Wir fliegen die Strecke bei jeder Witterung. /we fly this route all weather
Wir warten nicht, wir starten! /we dont wait, we just take off
Was immer auch geschieht, /whatever happens to us,
durch Wind und Wetter /through wind and weather
klingt das Fliegerlied: /the Pilots Song can be heard:

Flieger, /Aviator
grüß mir die Sonne, /greet the sun from me
grüß mir die Sterne /greet the stars from me
und grüß mir den Mond. /and greet the moon

Dein Leben, /your life
das ist ein Schweben /is levitation
durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! /through a distance (space) where nobody lives

Schneller, /faster,
und immer schneller, /and faster yet
rast der Propeller, wie dir's grad gefällt! /swishes the prop the way you like it

Piloten, ist nichts verboten, /Nothing is forbidden for pilots,
drum gib Vollgas und flieg um die Welt! /so open the throttle! and fly around the world

Such' dir die schönste Sternenschnuppe aus /select the most impressive shooting star
und bring sie deinem Mädel mit nach Haus! /and bring it home to your girl

Flieger, /Aviator
grüß mir die Sonne, /greet the sun from me
grüß mir die Sterne /greet the stars from me
und grüß mir den Mond. /and greet the moon

Hoch oben im Äther, /Up there in space (literally: In the Ether)
da sind wir meist zu Haus! /that is what we call home
Bei fünftausend Meter /from 5000 meters
sieht alles anders aus. /everything gets a different perspective (literally: looks different)

Da gibt's keine Grenzen! /Up there dont exist frontiers
Da gibt's keinen Paß! /Up there no passport is required
Der Flieger fliegt /The aviator just  flies
und fragt nicht: Wie und was? /and never asks about the "How, What and Why"

Flieger, grüß mir die Sonne...

Es war einmal ein Flieger, der jeden Flug gewann, /There once was an aviator
er flog um die Wette mit einem Hurrikan. /Who flew a race with a hurricane
Er flog mit fast vierhundert zur Milchstraße empor, /at almost 400 he flew into the milky way
der arme, alte Hurrikan verlor: /and the poor hurricane lost

Flieger, grüß mir die Sonne...

Hans Albers, 1932, FP1 antwortet nicht, "Das Fliegerlied"

.... Later more, not finished yet, but after 3 hours of research now my eyes are dry and my machine has become so sluggish (around 100 windows open) that I fear it might hang up and my labour would be lost, so better posting now and continue tomorrow when my machine has autocleaned at 0200....

Rattler

« Last Edit: 7 November 2010, 01:42:17 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: 7 November 2010, 01:32:40 »
ReplyReply

... as a gimmick, and because I could not finish my before post, before I go to bed a modern version of the aviators song, just to show how alive it still is 60 yrs later... Extrabreit, 96, was cult at this time in every disco (though ppl interpreted it rather as "aircraft - same word as "aviator" in German - , carry me to the sun", i.e. Mallorca... Smiley, see the vid comentaries at youtube ):

Extrabreit - Flieger Grüß mir die Sonne...

Rattler

Heinrich505
Staff Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 7 November 2010, 04:47:58 »
ReplyReply

Rattler,
  Very nice.  I'd forgotten completely about Kurt Maloo with all those years since I'd last heard him.  "The Captain of Her Heart" is a real classic, as is "Rangoon Moon."  I can't recall when I heard them last, but remembered them immediately, thanks to you.  That smooth jazz-like sound combined with the really slick beat was great. 

Sometimes it is the great memories that are associated with a particular song that make them so dear to one's heart.  The really great songs always click with something you were doing at the time you heard it.  Maloo's songs certainly conjure up the memories of smoky bars and the touch of romance or adventure.  Keep up the good work.  I am enjoying it greatly.

Heinrich505
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: 7 November 2010, 16:47:39 »
ReplyReply

Heinrich,

That is collaboration, you just big time amplified my muscial horizon!

It really had escaped me that Kurt Maloo was one of the two of the original "Double" duo, I had for some reason always focussed on Felix Haug being the guy that inspired and moved it. completely ignoring the voice that made it so smooth (Rattler slaps himself around with a big trout for this ignorance and stupidity...  hdbng   ).

So, correcting my post from above, of course I have heard (and liked) him!

Thanks, mate, you just made my day!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 7 November 2010, 16:54:02 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 9 November 2010, 21:11:57 »
ReplyReply

with deepest respect, one of the greatest musicians of all times

I must admit I have only vinyl of Mr.Marley, no cd's yet.... I want to buy THE compilation or such... suggestions are welcome

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Buffalo Soldier

Bob Marley, The Wailers - Exodus

Bob Marley (HD Live) - I Shot The Sheriff
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: 10 November 2010, 01:54:46 »
ReplyReply

Such a loss to mankind, surely he would have had plenty to say about the state of our world today.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: 11 November 2010, 23:39:55 »
ReplyReply

Before you get carried away too far and drown in memories of yesterday and associated diaper induced discussions, here a hommage to Gemma Mengual and one of my favorite songs nowadays (as I am sure you have never heard of her: Gemma Mengual is *THE* Spanish underwater - several medals - olympic ballet swimmer.

Just retired this year at 36 (and right in my prey scheme apart of being from the island, with this classic nose and those long eyelashes!!), captain also of the gold winning Spanish team of sync underwater ballet. The song, of course, is "Yesterday" by the Beatles (though not by them in this vid).

I saw this (or a similar, seemed better what I saw than what I find on the net) video tonight, and "UCP" (her nickname here: Initials of "Un Cuerpo Perfecto" = "One Perfect Body") left myself mouth open and flabbergasted: While I am not at all into this sport (?) I have to recognize that her performance interprets more out of the song than what is there, pure Med and Flamenco in a perfect conjunction with northern European music...

And then - as this  a music thread after all -  goes my question (as I frankly dont know) I have my suspicions but did not find confirmation on the net: Who is the interpret songwise?)? Anybody?

Anyway, enjoy the performance (give the vid some time, she was obviously nervous at the beginning up to 1 minute)!

Plata para Mengual en individual

Just as an additional gimmick, one more from the Spanish Gold Medal winning team under this ladies auspices (the annoying Japanese comentator in the end even adds with his voice to the performance), music in this case not being my main focus (we have covered the song in this thread already) but rather on the "UCP"s we are seeing here everyday in the Med and the (innocent) joy it brings along:

Stairway to Heaven - SPANISH Synchronized Swimming Team

As one of the commenters on the vid stated: "The only way this could possibly be cooler is if one of them was playing guitar? while riding a dolphin."

Not too far fetched, enjoy!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 13 November 2010, 20:36:09 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 13 November 2010, 17:58:45 »
ReplyReply

what a performance  Geschokt .... correction: P E R F O R M A N C E S

indeed, the combination of music and ballroomdancing on/under water is very cool  iconclap

first guess on the songperformer was Joe Cocker....
« Last Edit: 13 November 2010, 18:05:45 by Koen » Logged
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 13 November 2010, 19:45:44 »
ReplyReply

My money on the singer is Richie Havens, or Ray Charles...

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: 13 November 2010, 20:27:39 »
ReplyReply

Thanks, amigos!

FACMan, I think you are spot-on with master Ray Charles, was my guess also (but as I said, I could not find confirmation by this exact tune on the tube), this is what comes closest and what *my* idea was based on (but is an excerpt):

Ray Charles Yesterday

Rattler

Pages:  1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44877839 | Sitemap