18 May 2024, 22:52:17 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 489909 times)
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: 13 December 2009, 02:44:25 »
ReplyReply

Sorry about that,  there was no one on it for a while, so I closed it.  I'll open it up again if you like.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: 13 December 2009, 02:50:14 »
ReplyReply

It's open now.  It would be great to have some new music on there.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 13 December 2009, 02:56:23 by Jilly » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: 13 December 2009, 04:03:18 »
ReplyReply

Facman,  those songs you posted are so sad.   Bedroefd

Grease - You Are The One That I Want HQ (External Embedding Disabled)

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 13 December 2009, 08:36:47 »
ReplyReply

Rattler since you liked the last one, here's Jerry Miller (from Moby Grape) layin some down...

Miller's Blues

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 13 December 2009, 17:45:06 »
ReplyReply

A guy I served with in Vietnam sent this link to me today...

salute

http://media.causes.com/611645?p_id=44185871

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: 13 December 2009, 17:49:42 »
ReplyReply

@ FACman, I do indeed!  champ

My (musical) answer (I guess it is a repeat, I have lost a track a bit):

Flamenco AND Blues, what bette combination (they have so much in common!)?

R. Amador and B. B. King on two completly distinct occasions (one  Blues, the other a Flamenco Festival, the protagonists changing accordingly):

B.B. King & Raimundo Amador

Raimundo Amador BB King - Bollere

And, if this does not impress, there always is a Bruce Willis version: Not everybody knows he is a Blues - and, from my POV, excellent harmonica -  player for hobby whith his "Bruce Willis Blues Band" (I have seen him live in a small club in the late ´80s, and was duely impressed):

Bruce Willis Blues Band

Rattler
« Last Edit: 13 December 2009, 17:56:20 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: 13 December 2009, 18:11:29 »
ReplyReply

Great music,  and with so much meaning...

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 13 December 2009, 20:21:54 »
ReplyReply

I love this song  xangel

Kelly Clarkson........."Already Gone"..........

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: 13 December 2009, 23:44:56 »
ReplyReply

Ratter,  post #436,  that last vid of the soldiers is so funny!

Nice one,  Sky.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: 14 December 2009, 00:42:25 »
ReplyReply

Ratter,  post #436,  that last vid of the soldiers is so funny!

I cannot help it, but everytime I watch it (and I have seen it 50 times now+, it is on the telly every day a few times in the ad section - thhough by now shortened) I burst out in laughter, it is just so...naturally...  English and... Spanish! Smiley

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: 14 December 2009, 05:04:01 »
ReplyReply

Even though I dont catch much of the Spanish, it's still funny.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: 14 December 2009, 22:58:29 »
ReplyReply

My favorite Madonna song.  This song was on the 'true blue' Madonna album.  It brings back  some good memories for me.  Some years back I was living in the Okanagan, in British Columbia,  in a town called Osoyoos.  At the time I was dating a local mechanic, this always reminds me of him,   and I would have to do a lot of mountain driving.  I would play this song many a time while driving over the mountains.

Jimmy, Jimmy:

Madonna - 08. Jimmy, Jimmy

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: 14 December 2009, 23:12:46 »
ReplyReply

As it has gotten a bit quiet today, here some more of my new favorite, Nicolae Guta (you remember the guy? http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/the-lounge-get-a-beer-go-off-topic/the-omnipresent-currently-playing-%28music%29-thread/msg10470/#msg10470)!

This time from his more modern and dancefloor stuff (but the girls till around!). I do not know whether the quarter notes that he is singing (which are so typical for Turkish, Arab, Indian or even Southern Spanish music) will be of pleasure to your ears just used to listen to half notes, but he does it really well, you can play it in any disco.

As always when he dives into a genre, he takes it serious:

I do not know what this one is about, but I have a hunch it treating small Wieners vs. propped up cars.. Smiley The title, anyway, translates to something like "You are worth it" according to google..

Nicolae Guta - N-ai valoare

This one, with another singer, has the title "Throw your card", and if I wouldn´t know it was Romanian, Indian or Turkish music would be my first guess:

Manele - Nicolae Guta & Florin Universalu' - Trag cu cardu

This man is afraid of nothing! Just check the outfit!? Smiley GRRREAT!

Nicolae Guta Brazilianu si Don Genove - Vin Baietii

More modern (still with girls! Smiley ) and one of the ones I would put up for a fiesta:

Nicolae Gutã-Mã mãnâncã palma stângã

And finally (there are simply too many videos out there to decide, I have counted - and viewed, at least partially - over 300 by now) a live act, isn´t he gorgeouos in his style? I wish I had that "chuzpa", a real happy "Rattler" to my liking  champ:

Nicolae Guta - Leii Grei (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Enjoy, or not,

Rattler
« Last Edit: 14 December 2009, 23:33:09 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: 14 December 2009, 23:23:54 »
ReplyReply

It's hard to figure out what they are saying! 

Interesting to watch though.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: 15 December 2009, 00:30:27 »
ReplyReply

I've watched a lot of Full feature cartoon movies, as you can imagine over the years.  Here are some of my favorite songs from those.  I have a feeling Rattler might like some of these as well.  Smiley

From Aladdin:
Aladdin - A Whole New World Sing-along Lyrics on-screen

Lion King:
The Lion King - Circle of Life

The lion King - I just can't wait to be king

"Love Will Find A Way" - The Lion King 2

The Lion King - Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Oliver and company:
Oliver And Company - Why Should I Worry (English) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Jungle book:  Smiley

Bare Necessities (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The Monkey Song from the Jungle Book (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Oliver And Company - Streets Of Gold (English) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Tarzen:
Tarzan - Strangers Like Me (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: 15 December 2009, 08:39:16 »
ReplyReply

Jilly, and I am surely not the only one, some I hadn´t heard for a loooong time Smiley !

And here, two other ones, especially for Solideo, both are supposed to make us smile a little:

Rockdalla, "Mi Casita" Smiley

http://video.google.es/videoplay?docid=574895054142472141&ei=qC4nS77CDJDJ-AbB5NXVDA&q=rockdalla&view=3

And "El Kalimotxo de Mama" Smiley

El Kalimotxo de Mama

Enjoy,

Rattler
« Last Edit: 15 December 2009, 08:56:32 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: 15 December 2009, 16:10:11 »
ReplyReply

Spanish is a very musical language..

Here's a Grinch song:

You're a Mean one Mr Grinch Music Video HQ (External Embedding Disabled)

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: 17 December 2009, 00:49:23 »
ReplyReply

Those ones to the non existant Dulcineas (Jilliy and Sky seem to be the only targets right now?) out there, any Sancho Pansa on this forum ready to go for the Giants?

I know Cervantes would turn in his grave listening to it in English, but I like the idea (and the Musical: The Man of La Mancha, a medevial Rattler by all rights Smiley ):

Impossible Dream

Dulcinea- Brian Stokes Mitchell

Aldonza "Dulcinea" Lorenzo del Toboso is a fictional character who is referred to (but does not appear) in Miguel de Cervantes' novel Don Quixote. Seeking the traditions of the knights-errant of old, Don Quixote finds a true love whom he calls Dulcinea. She is a simple peasant in his home town, but Quixote imagines her to be the most beautiful of all women. At times, Quixote goes into detail about her appearance, though he freely admits that he has seen her only fleetingly and has never spoken with her.

Don Quixote describes her appearance in the following terms: "… her name is Dulcinea, her country El Toboso, a village of La Mancha, her rank must be at least that of a princess, since she is my queen and lady, and her beauty superhuman, since all the impossible and fanciful attributes of beauty which the poets apply to their ladies are verified in her; for her hairs are gold, her forehead Elysian fields, her eyebrows rainbows, her eyes suns, her cheeks roses, her lips coral, her teeth pearls, her neck alabaster, her bosom marble, her hands ivory, her fairness snow, and what modesty conceals from sight such, I think and imagine, as rational reflection can only extol, not compare."

Enjoy,

Rattler

« Last Edit: 17 December 2009, 01:07:05 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: 17 December 2009, 01:24:44 »
ReplyReply

I'm very much real,  Rattler.  Smiley

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: 17 December 2009, 01:36:19 »
ReplyReply

I'm very much real,  Rattler.  Smiley

It is a true relief for me to hear that from you  Brede lach  whistle

Dulicineas are muses, and by definition, do not exist (though some Mediterranean men sometimes seem to confuse them with their mother)...

drama cover

Incoming!!!

error5 byebye bolt

Rattler

Pages:  1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44877316 | Sitemap