18 May 2024, 18:14:20 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Nazi sex dolls  (Read 8021 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 16 July 2011, 13:47:16 »
ReplyReply

Nazi sex dolls

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3687466/Hitler-ordered-sex-dolls-because-so-many-of-his-troops-got-sex-diseases-from-hookers.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News#ixzz1SC2Cl6l5

Hitler's blow-up 'girls' for disease-ridden troops

ADOLF Hitler ordered blow-up dolls for his troops because so many caught sex diseases from hookers, records reveal.

Nazi scientists developed the "synthetic comforters" for German soldiers who were enjoying themselves a bit too much in Paris.

The problem was so bad it was keeping many of the troops from their frontline duties. The World War Two project began in 1940 after SS chief Heinrich Himmler wrote: "The greatest danger in Paris is the widespread and uncontrolled presence of whores, picking up clients in bars, dance halls and other places.

"It is our duty to prevent soldiers from risking their health for the sake of a quick adventure."

Hitler personally apporoved the plan for the blonde and blue-eyed "gynoid" dolls, which were small enough to fit into a backpack.

They were tested by soldiers in Nazi-occupied Jersey.

Himmler was so impressed he ordered 50 for his own troops.

But in 1942 the project was axed when German soldiers refused to carry the dolls because of the potential embarrassment if they were captured by the British.

Author Graeme Donald uncovered Hitler's secretive "Borghild Project" while researching the history of Barbie - which was based on a post-war German sex doll.

He said: "In the end the idea fizzled out and the place where they were made and all the dolls were destroyed in the bombing of Dresden."

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/07/12/new-book-claims-hitler-gave-sex-dolls-to-nazi-soldiers/
A new book reveals that Adolf Hitler ordered the manufacture of Aryan blow up dolls to discourage his troops from sleeping with disease-ridden prostitutes.

The so-called "Borghild Project" reportedly kicked off in 1940 when SS chief Heinrich Himmler wrote to Hitler alerting him of the health risks posed to his men by liaisons with French women. "The greatest danger in Paris is the widespread and uncontrolled presence of whores, picking up clients in bars, dance halls, and other places," he wrote. "It is our duty to prevent soldiers from risking their health just for the sake of a quick adventure."

Hitler gave Himmler's plan the all-clear, and designers set to work creating a smaller-than-life doll dubbed a "gynoid." Designers approached Hungarian actress Kathe von Nagy and asked if they could model the silicone doll on her. She refused. That inspired them to leave the doll's face blank: they reasoned that soldiers were more likely to use the "comforters" if they could impart their own fantasies on them. Just in case the men needed a bit of inspiration, the Nazis gave their creation blue eyes and blond hair.

After extensive testing Himmler ordered 50 dolls for his own troops. But by 1942 the party leadership had pulled the cord on the project. Embarrassed soldiers refused to carry the "comforters," and officers worried that their men would be mocked if captured by the enemy.  American and British forces likely destroyed the gynoid factories  during their bomb raids of Dresden.

Author Graeme Donald uncovered the sex toy operation while researching his book Mussolini's Barber, a compilation of the most bizarre stories in military history. He made the discovery while retracing the footsteps of Americans Ruth and Elliot Handler, the inventors of the Barbie doll. They created their iconic toy after visiting Germany in 1956 and buying the Bild Lilli doll—an adult novelty item sold in German barber shops and nightclubs.

"While I was researching this I came across references to Nazi sex dolls and found out that Hitler had ordered them to be made," Donald says. "As ever, more troops were laid low by disease than by bullets. Syphilis was a problem Hitler was aware of and he was rumored to have suffered from it himself."

how historical is this story?
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2011, 22:53:48 »
ReplyReply

I am going with the story being a fake...

Nazi sex doll story: das ist bogus

It appears that we must toss the previously-blogged tale of Nazi Sex Doll Borghild (Link) on the dungheap of internet hoaxdom. Boing Boing reader Rochus Wolff says of the fabled proto-robo-ho:
I came across the story about these dolls about a year ago after a Canadian researcher sent an email around asking whether anyone knew anything about this doll apart from what it said on the (now mostly defunct) site borghild.de.
After reading your post, i researched the matter a bit further. The origin of the information that led to your post (via Fleshbot and other blogs) seems to be an article by the widely read but often less-than-accurately-reporting German daily Bild. All the information given is what can be found on the rather odd website borghild.de - the "information" given there can still be found here in an English translation.

Independently of each other, Jens Baumeister and I have concluded from the information available to us, that the "Borghild" story is quite probably a fake. (The German posting on my research is here. Jens has posted his results here. Some of his findings are translated here: Link).
The main problems with "Borghild" are:

- There is no evidence that any of the documents the text talks about ever existed. The Deutsche Hygiene Museum says that of course most records were destroyed in an attack in 1945, but that still no one they talked seems to remember anything about this project. The photographs on borghild.de are clearly fabrications, and the site even acknowledges that.
- The author of borghild.de, "Norbert Lenz", claims to have worked for a number of German magazines - all of which claim not to know a journalist by that name. He is not listed in phone directories, and the only book currently available in Germany by a Norbert Lenz is a book about - ducks.

So in the end it seems like the Nazis were not, after all, planning to equip their soldiers with sex dolls. That hardly comes as a surprise.

Yours truly,
Rochus

Fine, Rochus. Go ahead. Defrag my Borg-hilda dreams with your merciless facts, your heartless "empirical evidence" -- call our lady of latex a lie. But borg love is TRUE. Die sexpuppen der Nazis are forever.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/06/22/nazi_sex_doll_story_.html

We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2011, 23:46:01 »
ReplyReply

I had read it in BILD (on paper) but then thats just what it is: BILD... (they are not even allowed to call themselves news paper anymore, before the prohibition it still was "BILD-Zeitung"...).

FWIW, I dont think they were planning this, but I then appreciate the imagination of bored bloggers... Smiley

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Cranky
Sergeant

Australia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2011, 04:21:57 »
ReplyReply

LOL - what a great story!

Who cares if it's true Smiley

Wish I'd thought of it.

If Life gives you Lemons, Burn Them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print