5 May 2024, 17:46:20 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Defensebudget cuts Netherlands  (Read 9355 times)
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 May 2011, 15:14:19 »
ReplyReply

EG sez:
Or do you suggest we should invade yet another country again...?

Definitely not! I subscribe to the theory that you will find no one more against war, than a Veteran of War. I guess what Im trying to say, and doing a poor job of it, is that I am truly weary of being the world's policeman and I would love to see others pick up the mantle. For my entire life, my country has taken on many tasks, which I think better taken on by the members of the UN. I am not an American who fears the UN, as many of my countrymen do. Instead I embrace the concept, and wish that no country held veto power, for it blunts the tide of world opinion and the evolution of that world body. I consider myself a citizen of the planet, holding no empirically superior insight as to what is best for the world, due to the circumstances of my birth.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 5 September 2012, 20:04:29 »
ReplyReply

Well,

As you allknow elections are up next week here in Holland.
And off course all left winged politicians know where to get the money for their pet preojects....the army again.

The army is nowadays still reorganizing and isnt ready yet with the new organization.
New plans rolled out of the hats of our left friends.....

The army budget has to be cut again. This time between 1 and 2.1 millard euros.
It basically means 23.000 soldiers will be fired.
The airmobile brigade will be reduced from 3 to 1 batallion.
Marines will be reduced with 1 batallion.
After the selling of our last Leopard the remaining 2 mechanized brigades should be disbanded together with all new vehicles like the CV90, Boxer and Patrias.
2/3rd of the support and maintenance units will be disbanded.
There are plans to abandone all light (4 ton) trucks and replace them with lease vans.
The navy will be cut to 1 operational Frigate and mine-vessel.
The airforce wont get a new fighter and have to fly on with an even lower number of F16's.

If these plans will be implemented we have 2 bn of marines and airmobile units with a few choppers and no armored assets/ artillery anymore.
Most politicians think we can ask help from our NATO allies if things go wrong.

September 12 is going to be a dark day for the proud servicemen and omen of the Dutch army.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44701129 | Sitemap