18 May 2024, 18:14:15 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 489880 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: 10 July 2011, 20:56:13 »
ReplyReply

For some reasons I wont reveal here this song is important to me today, listened to it a few times already.

Vargas Blues Band (Javier Vargas is one of my guitar heroes) with a piece that reminds of SRV´s "Flood down in Texas" (really short interview in the middle - shoot the editor for this sacrileg, not me!  drama - , just before the badass solo):

Vargas Blues Band - Black cat boogie

Enjoy as I do, "feeling" is all!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 10 July 2011, 21:02:55 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Cranky
Sergeant

Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: 11 July 2011, 06:38:08 »
ReplyReply

'Feeling' is everything!

HAT FITZ & ITCHY HAT V THE 0NE STRING LOG GUITAR

If Life gives you Lemons, Burn Them.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: 12 July 2011, 21:29:04 »
ReplyReply

Hehe! Nice one!

Here now one band I only discovered last night (early morning) from a report a bout a concert in Madrid they gave.

The sound caught my attention instantly, the style had me wondering, and the music had me dreaming...

Will be a a highlight for Koen, interesting for Crancky and maybe even find repercussion with FACMan:

A band for (at the same time, strange as it might sound) all Techno fans, for all Live Acts fans, for all Dance Stuff fans, and probably for the analysts...

My band revelation of the year: "Elektro Guzzi"!

Their first album only a year old, those Germans or Austrians (haven´t checked) perform a very different kind of analogue dance music that takes classic "live" techno performance heads on and comes out winning big time:

Composed of simply guitar, drums and bass (OK, so there is a brass section consisting of three trombones coming in in one piece they made - one of their best actually - but that should not be a reason to get nit picking), all straightforwad live w/o computers containing prepared material, no loops or overdubs (with a lot of effects, obviously).

Basic concept: A running bass line over which the others with absolute and rigid (perfectly computer like, hard to do live!) rhythmic discipline develop their patterns.

Amazing, interesting, and with such young guys a glance at what we will see in the future of others....

First video not in best sound quality, but settles the direction best:
elektro guzzi

2nd one superb sound quality, but no live show (40 secs intro):
ELEKTRO GUZZI : android // macro

3rd one a mix of both, pure creativity in this sector the way I have not seen it before (thats the piece froom the Madrid concert that caught my attention this early morning):
Elektro Guzzi @ FM4 Soundpark Studio2 Session

Enjoy, or not!?

Rattler
« Last Edit: 12 July 2011, 21:36:56 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Cranky
Sergeant

Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 15 July 2011, 12:31:59 »
ReplyReply

I have to be honest and say Guzzi didn't do much for me.....

Here's one of the great pioneers of Electronic Music - Sun Ra:

SUN RA - Live - Keyboard Solo (1980)

- although I confess that I like his more melodic stuff better - particularly the Arkestra's late 1950's - mid 60's period....

For Example:

Sun Ra - Angels and Demons at Play

If Life gives you Lemons, Burn Them.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 18 July 2011, 20:39:14 »
ReplyReply

I know... posted them before... sorry

Kings of Leon-Arizona

and right after KoL Foo Fighters get their playing time

Foo Fighters - Best Of You

yes, I am impressed that an ex-drummer of such an epic band has so much succes afterwards...
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1005 on: 27 July 2011, 05:19:18 »
ReplyReply

I found my female voice of the year: Diana Navarro

A multifaceted artist (she is not only a singer, but also sculptor and photographer with her husband) she sings everything from Jazz, over Flamenco and even opera with that unique voice of hers.

What better way to present a voice then á capella? Here goes, straight as I discovered her in an interview in one of our more serious evening programs:

Diana Navarro (Interview in "Ratones Coloraos")

And here, one of my favorite pieces, around min 2:30 - 3:00 of the video you will understand why I chose her for my voice of the year... Smiley This is the studio version, a very distinct and probably even more spectacular exhibition of her voice in this song, live and just accompanied by piano, in the code line below.

Sola (Alone) ..... Diana Navarro

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgsyV25zVK0

More on the net, of course.

Enjoy!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 27 July 2011, 22:49:00 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 5 August 2011, 14:16:24 »
ReplyReply

september and october is one crazy release period  hdbng

special versions of

Nirvana's Nevermind
Pink Floyd several albums and 1 collection box
U2 - Achtung Baby
The Smiths - 1 collection box

champ champ champ champ champ champ champ

I NEED MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 22 August 2011, 18:14:18 »
ReplyReply

nobody seems to be listening to music?Huh?Huh?Huh?

I do, it's a CURE, a DRUG

Kings of Leon - Pickup Truck
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 31 August 2011, 21:40:09 »
ReplyReply

link deleted
« Last Edit: 31 August 2011, 21:47:04 by Koen » Logged
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1009 on: 1 September 2011, 21:29:18 »
ReplyReply

Not exactly  on topic but in a way it is.
Yesterday the mailman brought me the WII Guitar Hero band set.
Drumms, 2 guitars and a mike.
I allreadyhad the Metallica DVD , on it are all numbers of the band.
In addition we have a new DVD with the set, with songs from Ozzy Osborne, Dire Straits, Queen, Megadeth and more nice stuff.
We are now playing the 3 of us, wife , daughter and myself, old fashioned family gathering around the TV but now in a different way Smiley

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: 19 September 2011, 21:59:49 »
ReplyReply

Wow, there I am away for a while and no music is posted every day... Smiley

Here one that I guess will be FacMans line of music, heard about the man a while ago, but without internet could not upload him here: Keith Medley.   He designed and built his own (and world only) 27-string guitar and then kind of searched for music that you could perform with this almost multiple instrument, here some results, I like them all, his own stuff and the cover:

Keith Medley - "Ride" Teaser - 27 String Guitar

Keith Medley "Ancestors" - 27 string guitar

A standard classic cover that offers new dimensions to the piece:

"Hall Of The Mountain King" Keith Medley and his 27-string Medley Guitar

Last, about the man, in his own words:

Man designs 27 string guitar

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: 2 October 2011, 22:04:35 »
ReplyReply

... and another great one gone, some 2 weeks ago already (completely forgot to post it here so shocked I was): Mehdi Favéris-Essadi (you will better know him as "DJ Mehdi")

Died when during a party on the roof of his house the roof collapsed (all others hospitalized but alive). Dont think a lesson can be learned from that, so I just will go with the music of a guy I saw live once here in Palma and was really impressed though its not my kind of music basically (but I liked his funk bits, dont find any on the net).

While not a musician in the respect of handling an instrument, he had a great talent of "playing" the dubs and cuts, made you move and did everything right. A great show live, too early for him to have left, he leaves a hole.

Here goes (for the elec guys: Turn volume well up), and R.I.P.:

DJ Mehdi - Signatune

DJ Mehdi - Ulysse (danced by Axelle)

Dj Mehdi - It's only beats & blues

FWIW,

Rattler
« Last Edit: 2 October 2011, 22:10:14 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 6 October 2011, 17:58:02 »
ReplyReply

all 80s music today on http://www.stubru.be/

click on 'Luister Live'

A-ha - Take On Me

OMD - Electricity

Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
« Last Edit: 6 October 2011, 18:03:37 by Koen » Logged
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: 6 October 2011, 21:10:23 »
ReplyReply

nice choice, Koen, just tuned in about two hours ago, like the layout.

The only thing that disturbs me are the rather harsh yr2000+ remixes of 80s songs that they stray in, kind of (while I understand their intent) spoils the purists´ fun...

Staying on topic, more ´80s (late 70s by origin):

Here someobody I had not forgotten ("Yes" is always close) but had not fully appreciated his pianist qualities, here with a piece that later made it to "Yessongs" but here is played by him in a Keith Jarrett like way, Rick Wakeman performing "Wondrous Stories" solo, how the tune changes:

I love that for the first time since I have come to know it I can now hear, differenciate and value the a underlying arpeggio structure that so beautifully harmonize with the lead voice, it seems a completely new piece. I will add the Yes Album version just for comparison, now that I heard it on piano the original also opens up to my musical understaning and I realize what real genious Wakeman is:

Rick Wakeman - Wondrous Stories [2011]

And here same song with "Yes" ´77 (turn up a bit: While finally on youtube in good quality its a bit low in the rec level):

Wonderous Stories - Yes [HQ Sound]

Enjoy!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 October 2011, 21:23:47 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 10 October 2011, 18:28:59 »
ReplyReply

went shoppin' yesterday:

already got modern Marantz cd/sacd and amplifier

now bought vintage turntable, cassette-deck and tuner

6270Q (extra rare, only made 2 years) - tested and plays

SD3000

SJ300

AM I HAPPY?  hihi
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: 10 October 2011, 23:37:36 »
ReplyReply

went shoppin' yesterday:

already got modern Marantz cd/sacd and amplifier

now bought vintage turntable, cassette-deck and tuner

<Quoted Image Removed>
6270Q (extra rare, only made 2 years) - tested and plays

<Quoted Image Removed>
SD3000

<Quoted Image Removed>SJ300

Glad to hear that at least in Belgium one still can buy motorbikes, houses, bvacations, campers etc. from a normal salary... Onwards mate, times are a´changing but Europe after all has future (the Spanish Revolutiion just hit Brussels Smiley )!  hatsoff

Well, as I am in crisis shaken Spain, why not go serious if you are a vinyl addict like me and buy my serious vintage turntables (we *all were rich* once at least) for a good price and continue my bad ass vinyl soound addiction:

I have for sale my Thorens Prestige with SME 3012 and SMMC1 moving-iron phono cartridge for anything above 8.000 Euros basic offer (negotiable with hardware input, but not much). Alternatively my Technics (for ppl that dont like belt drives, and the data may support them  - though for me belt drives are *the* way to go -) SL-1200MK2 Direct Drive with the same mount of tone arm and cartridge for just 4.500 Euros. I have a 2nd system (cartridge) - unused -  to complement, included. The tone arm is liquid silicone damped, I dont have any liquid silicone left, so it comes dry.

Also got some fabulous speakers for sale, we are talking the best for classic/accoustic starting from 8.000 Euros my best (Koen managed to ruin some better some year ago with a vid) pair down to some home made pairs for alternatively either dance (electronic) or lounge that round the 2.500 Euros (the trick is in the frequency deviators).

At the moment, other than previously announced, my vinyl stock is out of sale again, times are gettig better... Smiley

And as we are talking music here, let me combine my offer witgh a nice site where the base of my turntable is offered with some nice music the way Koen advertised (sorry, all talked text in Spammish, but the muzak....  champ ), just hit the link and let it run and enjoy... 80s, 90s, 2000, all the hits and the outside triumphs, but: NO STREET JAZZ (big error), here what is missing in this great sites music, just one example of many (and this band, ZAZ, French, dont generally play in the street but on stage and are by now really famous at least here - Spain - and in France and Serbia especially, probably even in Belgium, an incredible "dirty" but educated voice of the singer (Isabelle Geoffroy, matched in her Kahoo):

Enjoy (and if you like what you hear look up more stuff on youtube under ZAZ, on stage they are a bit different, probably even better - the band is about to make it to my band/Voice of the year: See below another improvised example, like Messi seems to do nothing but have fun playing soccer in this classic - 50 secs intro, sorry - she seems to have pure fun to sing).

Zaz - Je veux (Spanish subtitles)

Rattler

Zaz - Isabelle Geffroy - All of me

« Last Edit: 11 October 2011, 00:10:38 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: 11 October 2011, 00:32:29 »
ReplyReply

EDIT: Non-loading pdf here

Ground Control to Major Tom

Ehmm...

This .pdf file does not load, the URL leads nowhere, and everytime someone looks at this music page (the one you are looking at now) the WarAndTactcis site realizes 30 MB (!) traffic. Everytime. As a result (hard and expensive for us mobile phone people that pay per data conglomerate download and not for bandwith) this page is slow, because of the 30 MB blocking the other downloads (which are heavy enough for one page). According to internal traffic log, 650+ times this month, moew than 15 Gigas in total (if I personally had looked at the music page my mobile account of 10 Gigas would have evaporated just for looking without listening!).

Not sure whether thats the idea of that post? What is it behind it?

Just curious and searching (always) for great music (but not for wasting data volume that I cannot pay)...

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 11 October 2011, 10:37:33 »
ReplyReply

Glad to hear that at least in Belgium one still can buy motorbikes, houses, bvacations, campers etc. from a normal salary... Onwards mate, times are a´changing but Europe after all has future (the Spanish Revolutiion just hit Brussels  )! 

Well, as I am in crisis shaken Spain, why not go serious if you are a vinyl addict like me and buy my serious vintage turntables (we *all were rich* once at least) for a good price and continue my bad ass vinyl soound addiction:

I have for sale my Thorens Prestige with SME 3012 and SMMC1 moving-iron phono cartridge for anything above 8.000 Euros basic offer (negotiable with hardware input, but not much). Alternatively my Technics (for ppl that dont like belt drives, and the data may support them  - though for me belt drives are *the* way to go -) SL-1200MK2 Direct Drive with the same mount of tone arm and cartridge for just 4.500 Euros. I have a 2nd system (cartridge) - unused -  to complement, included. The tone arm is liquid silicone damped, I dont have any liquid silicone left, so it comes dry.

Also got some fabulous speakers for sale, we are talking the best for classic/accoustic starting from 8.000 Euros my best (Koen managed to ruin some better some year ago with a vid) pair down to some home made pairs for alternatively either dance (electronic) or lounge that round the 2.500 Euros (the trick is in the frequency deviators).

Matt, this reaction really smells like jealousy and does not suit you. I won't tell how I fix my financial life but Karine & I work hard and I don't stop at 38hr/week. And where other people do buy big expensive house we live in a small and payed house. And where some buy big, expensive cars we buy a camper. Sure, there is no big crisis yet in Belgium so we are lucky.

30€ for cassettedeck, 30€ for tuner and 120€ for the turntable are not THE prices we should have a discussion about on the net. Sure...these are not serious components but components for a normal working class dude.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 25 October 2011, 21:27:36 »
ReplyReply

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (guitar) - Sandra Bae

because I like it  smallclap
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: 26 October 2011, 20:53:46 »
ReplyReply

Yesterday ran into (I am on a "hard" gig ATM) into a Spanish band Solideo will like (if he does not already know them), "Rosanegra".

Metal of the finest, they sound a bit like Uriah Heep revived, something I find goes well with the sound of the Spanish language in their lyrics.

Enjoy!

Rosanegra desafio.

Reina de mil amores. Rosanegra.

Rosanegra - El Falso Profeta

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Pages:  1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44874540 | Sitemap