3 May 2024, 20:06:21 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Palestine rejoices after recognition  (Read 14024 times)
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« on: 30 November 2012, 07:36:05 »
ReplyReply

Palestine rejoices after recognition
2:06 PM Friday Nov 30, 2012

Palestinians have partied well into the night after the UN General Assembly voted overwhelmingly to recognise Palestine as a non-member state.

The 193-member assembly voted 138-9 with 41 abstentions for the resolution which enables the Palestinians to join UN agencies and sign international treaties.

A Palestinian flag was quickly unfurled on the floor of the General Assembly, behind the Palestinian delegation.

Israel and the United States were joined by Canada, the Czech Republic, Panama, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru and Palau in opposing the vote, with US United Nations ambassador Susan Rice saying Palestinians "will wake up to find little has changed".

"Today's unfortunate and counterproductive resolution places further obstacles in the path of peace," Rice said.

The US urged Israel and the Palestinian Authorities to return to direct talks without preconditions.

The vote, however, was greeted with celebration in the Palestinian Territories.

In the West Bank city of Ramallah, hundreds crowded into the main square waved Palestinian flags and chanted "God is great".

Aucklander Frank Ritchie, education and advocacy manager for TEAR Fund, was at The Wall (dubbed the "Security Fence" by the Israelis) near Bethlehem on the West Bank at the time of the vote.

Read More...

We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2012, 07:44:52 »
ReplyReply

I guess I should add my opinion to this... and here it is...
 Brede lach

I realise this will be met with a counter response from Stoffel but I am pleased for the Palestinians it is small step in the right direction, the recognition of the Palestinian right to self determination now gives them something to work with and puts them on an equal footing with Israel.

It always amuses me when the USA and Israel talk of this as counter productive to the peace process yet none of them seem to be able to explain just how it is counter productive, in my opinion the only thing this decision can claim to be is counter productive to is the status quo and the only ones winning that scenario are Israel.

We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2012, 13:55:39 »
ReplyReply

Read the article I wrote a few days ago.
The Palestinian people are being held hostage by a few extremist groups.
Once they throw them from power they can form a state and have peace with Israel.
If you have been to Israel you know that the reports from the media arent right.

There is one place where Palestinians can live in relative freedom, have work and there children can go to school..........in Israel.
Look at their Arab brothers in the neighboring countries, where do you think they stay? ......in (prison)camps without any rights nor work.
As long as terrorists are a partner for peacetalks  whom clearly state they want to destroy Israel, (and be sure they kill you as well cause you are a westerner and a non believer) there will be no peace unless there is a Palestinian uprising against these groups.

This is a black day, a decision which will lead to more bloodspilling.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2012, 20:17:53 »
ReplyReply

I see this step as a logical one, how can you talk about a future with another "country" when that other "country" isn't a "country"

I don't see a solution anymore, nobody's making sense, I see so much bullshit in those ridiculous speeches on TV.... there is not 1 politician neither in the US or Israel who talks the truth, talks about peace...

They only see devils on the other side of the 'wall'.... yep, that physical wall... give me a name of a politician and try to convince that he/she wants peace! I dare you!

edit: just saw Clinton: the resolution is an obstruction on the path to peace.... f*** you.... what path? WHAT PATH?.....
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2012, 20:40:02 »
ReplyReply

Koen,

Example......
You have a fight with your neighbour, he wants to kill you and your family and burn your house.
The police says, calm down Koen, its not so bad go talk with him.

Amen.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2012, 20:50:48 »
ReplyReply

Koen,

Example......
You have a fight with your neighbour, he wants to kill you and your family and burn your house.
The police says, calm down Koen, its not so bad go talk with him.

Amen.

well, using your example I feel both a Palestine AND Israeli
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2012, 21:08:13 »
ReplyReply

Read my earlier post.

The ordinary man in the city wants just one thing just like the Israeli citizen. Peace and growing up a family.
Terrorists groups backed up by their so called Arab brothers are ruling the autonomious regions.
They can never be a partner in whatever talks, just keepin mind they not only see Israel as an enemy but als us, and off course you ,Monty and rattler as well.
Why, we live in a free country, democratic.
Like most others Arabs are used to dictators and harsh rulers, most of them dont know what democracy is.

The only chance for peace and a Palestinian state is when the ordinary Palestinian citizens start an arabic spring and kick the terrorists out.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2012, 21:19:44 »
ReplyReply

Read my earlier post.

The ordinary man in the city wants just one thing just like the Israeli citizen. Peace and growing up a family.
Terrorists groups backed up by their so called Arab brothers are ruling the autonomious regions.
They can never be a partner in whatever talks, just keepin mind they not only see Israel as an enemy but als us, and off course you ,Monty and rattler as well.
Why, we live in a free country, democratic.
Like most others Arabs are used to dictators and harsh rulers, most of them dont know what democracy is.

The only chance for peace and a Palestinian state is when the ordinary Palestinian citizens start an arabic spring and kick the terrorists out.

about democracy, I wonder how many declarations and actions are backed-up by the Israeli people such as the 'wall'.... how does a Jew compare the Israeli wall and the warsaw wall?

and from Palestine view...do they look at the Israel/US alliance as the Israeli look at the Hamas/Iran alliance?
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2012, 22:19:23 »
ReplyReply

As long as the Palestinian terrorists keep on firing rockets ( daily) into Israel the government can be assured of the support from the people.
The wall, the fence near Egypt and the recent policeactions were very succesfull, the passed 6 years saw no serious terrorist attacks, it proves to the ordinary Israeli in the street these actions are working.
Recent exchange of fire wasnt started by Hamas but by Islamic Jihad.
Only because Hamas is weakened by lacking of support from Iran ( they looked for money in Egypt)Jihad saw their chance to try to take over command in Gaza.
And latest reports show I am right because Hamas did got money from Egypt.
In fact ( something the regular media didnt report about......) a religious leader spoke out a Fatwa to every men who might violate the seize fire which is now in effect.
Simply saying Israel got involved in jet another dispute among the terrorist groups, where both Israe;li and Palestinian citizens are being held hostage by terrorists..
Lot of people say Israelis are bad because they violate rights and laws, I often wonder how you can violate laws of people who dont want to recognize and respect those same laws and the convention of Geneva as well.
If Israel wants it can level Gaza completely flat with artillery but so far it has not done that. ( in contrary to what Assad is doing in Syria)

The start of a solution will be the overthrow of the terrorists power by the Palestinian people themselves!

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 November 2012, 22:33:22 »
ReplyReply

covention of Geneva also forbids the use of weapons Israel used before....

and what do you call 'succesful'? the lack of terrorist attacks? ok, you got a point but does that mean that the wall is a 'solution'?

you want a solution? well, since the 'conflict' has been going on for decades maybe something new has to be tried.... FULL support from Israel and the US towards the people of Palestina? so, what do you think?

must be a tough job for Hamas and Fatah to convince their people that Israel is the evil when Israel support those people.....
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 1 December 2012, 01:05:13 »
ReplyReply

Read the article I wrote a few days ago.
The Palestinian people are being held hostage by a few extremist groups.
Once they throw them from power they can form a state and have peace with Israel.
If you have been to Israel you know that the reports from the media arent right.

There is one place where Palestinians can live in relative freedom, have work and there children can go to school..........in Israel.
Look at their Arab brothers in the neighboring countries, where do you think they stay? ......in (prison)camps without any rights nor work.
As long as terrorists are a partner for peacetalks  whom clearly state they want to destroy Israel, (and be sure they kill you as well cause you are a westerner and a non believer) there will be no peace unless there is a Palestinian uprising against these groups.

This is a black day, a decision which will lead to more bloodspilling.

Well I will concede that I have not been to Israel but the funny thing is that the wife has in fact she lived there for 12 months primarily because her Grandmother felt she needed to get in touch with her Jewish side.

Here is the interesting thing she makes me look like a moderate when it comes to the Israel/Palestine thing in fact there are times when she makes Hamas look like moderates her opinion of the place and the people is unprintable, she went to Israel as a Jewish woman and came back a Catholic, work out the logistics of that.

I see this step as a logical one, how can you talk about a future with another "country" when that other "country" isn't a "country"

I don't see a solution anymore, nobody's making sense, I see so much bullshit in those ridiculous speeches on TV.... there is not 1 politician neither in the US or Israel who talks the truth, talks about peace...

They only see devils on the other side of the 'wall'.... yep, that physical wall... give me a name of a politician and try to convince that he/she wants peace! I dare you!

edit: just saw Clinton: the resolution is an obstruction on the path to peace.... f*** you.... what path? WHAT PATH?.....

I agree the only chance to end this thing is now to back a Palestinian state before Israel builds the Palestinians out of house and country, I read that Israel's response is to build 3000 more homes in East Jerusalem I am guessing this will be the beginning of yet another land grab to show just how much Israel wants peace.
As for Clinton well she can fuck off as well, I am amused at this bull s**t about how this decision is a road block to peace yet not one of them can actually say how it is a road block unless it is somehow thought giving Israel everything it wants is negotiating.

So Stoffel time to put up or shut up (figuratively of course) what are the negatives of recognising a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders with land swaps to sort out problems?
« Last Edit: 1 December 2012, 01:15:58 by MontyB » Logged

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 1 December 2012, 15:50:51 »
ReplyReply

Just read what I said.
If the Palestinian people free themselves from the terrorists and Iran they can become a serious partner for Israel.
Rightnow the only place where Palestinians can work and go to the market is in Israel, they have no freedom in their Arab neighboring countries.
Israel lets a lot of goods through into Gaza, there isnt a thing called poverty there.

Koen,

If you know the Genevian convention you also know the first rule and the last rule.
First, if you take up arms ( civilian) as a non combattant organisation against a  country with legally armed forces than you commit a warcrime.
Punishable by death, besides you cannot hide behind those same laws as you dont acknowledge it.

The last rule is that every time a terrorist makes use of whatever situation to hide  behind civilians or civiliain infrastructure you are allowed to use lethal force to take him out. Even if he is in a school or hospital, it happens more often that the IDF doesnt fire where they really should have.
The blame can be put on the guy willingly endanger the place or the people.
And thats where we stand with the terrorist groups.
Few days ago Islamic Jihads top has been killed in a strike, where were they hiding? In a local newsagency.
Another guy from Hamas was blown out of his car, what was painted on the car?the word TV.
The last exchange of rockets where a very silly attempt by the Jihad to weaken Hamas and drive them away from power, not more not less.Political games with heavy weapons. Keep in mind Hamas threw Fatah ( Arafat cooperated with Israel on a big scale bringing money and goods into the region) out after Fatah won the elections a few years ago.
Who are the victims?
Israeli civilians living in fear every day, and the Palestinian civilians in Gaza who are being used as shields.
Solution, throw Hamas and Jihad out, start elections and get rid of their weapons ( a very understandable demand from Israel).
The UN can send a police force to train local policemen to ensure law and order.

But on the other hand, they will start killing eachother when there is no Israel so nothing will really change.
And politicians allways tell halve true or halve lie,thats the same in your and my country.......

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 1 December 2012, 20:39:51 »
ReplyReply

Solution, throw Hamas and Jihad out, start elections and get rid of their weapons ( a very understandable demand from Israel).

yes, an understandable demand but one we all know is impossible because as long as there is THE big enemy, the big killer groups like Hamas and others will always be active and have support.

you want Hamas out? well, make sure that they do not have a reason to exist.

Make it so that Gaza civilians have electricity, water, schools and food and Hamas will loose support rapidly. Yes, this will cost money, lots of money but better to spend money on that than on weapons. Gaza is a prison but a prison without any basic conditions. And what happens in a prison when you treat the prisoners badly? Revolt.

Defending Israelia attacks and bombs with the Geneva concention is maybe correct in political debates but not in my book. And my book is one that many neutral viewers read.

Another thing that must be done before we can even think about peace is stop using the words 'Jew' and 'Arab' in discussions. All I hear is Jew this and Jew that, stop using it in speeches and maybe the people who hear the speeches will stop seeing it as a 'Jews against the rest of the world' speech.

All is see and hear is aggression being answered by aggression, hate by hate, tough talk by more tough talk. And after decades of doing so nothing changed, so?

And now a UN action is answered by the building of more houses.... good reaction, this will certainly lead to peacetalks and a positive reaction from Gaza!
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 1 December 2012, 20:41:15 »
ReplyReply

Just read what I said.
If the Palestinian people free themselves from the terrorists and Iran they can become a serious partner for Israel.
Rightnow the only place where Palestinians can work and go to the market is in Israel, they have no freedom in their Arab neighboring countries.
Israel lets a lot of goods through into Gaza, there isnt a thing called poverty there.

Why do Palestinians have to be a partner for Israel?
Why do other Arab countries have to accept Palestinians?

The realities of self determination are that people get to make their own decisions, they may lead to peace or war, they allow for people to say no this is my land I don't want you here.

I think you are deliberately avoiding answering the questions asked and failed understand what self determination means.
- Why is the UN recognising Palestine a road block to peace.
- How do you justify the continued expansion of settlements on occupied land (an illegal action even by American standards).

Unfortunately it is becoming very apparent that the only chance for peace in the area will be after a catastrophe in Israel and maybe Iran is just crazy enough to bring that into effect.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2 December 2012, 14:10:32 »
ReplyReply

My option would be better.
Israel has enough artillery to level every stone in Gaza, time they use it and get rid of that public opinion trauma.

Iran isnt going to try that, why do you think they werent happy with Hamas?
Because the recent events proved that Iron Dome works.
If it can intercept unguided small missiles it can intercept everything bigger like rockets Smiley

Why do you defend these guys anyway, Iran, Hamas, Jihad they all exist to destroy us westerners and other non believers.......
But I bat that the message will be clear if these guys rule here in our countries.
Only than its to late.................................

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2 December 2012, 14:22:31 »
ReplyReply

My option would be better.
Israel has enough artillery to level every stone in Gaza, time they use it and get rid of that public opinion trauma.

Iran isnt going to try that, why do you think they werent happy with Hamas?
Because the recent events proved that Iron Dome works.
If it can intercept unguided small missiles it can intercept everything bigger like rockets Smiley

Why do you defend these guys anyway, Iran, Hamas, Jihad they all exist to destroy us westerners and other non believers.......
But I bat that the message will be clear if these guys rule here in our countries.
Only than its to late.................................

are you serious?

seems that it is impossible for you to understand what we are trying to discuss since you say that we are defending Iran, Hamas etc...

are you really saying we are defending Iran, Hamas etc?Huh? really?Huh?
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2 December 2012, 16:46:29 »
ReplyReply

If you support the palestinians , you indirectly support terrorist groups.
Every form of support will be seen by the terrorists/extremists as a victory, besides they kill alll people who support them or kidnnap them ( ask all those people from AZG , Red cross and other agencies ) because they see them as servants from the enemy governments.
So you dont seem to understand what I am saying.

Most problems will be gone if the Palestinians throw the terrorists out and recognize Israelinstead of wanting to destroy the country, when they do they can live peacefully next to Israel and get help from the UN.
All armed groups gone and no interference anymore from Iran, there are only a few of those idiots that manage to keep all the people in hostage and they pay the price for th political /power games fought by the different groups.
Arafat and Fatah tried and were succesfull, you saw what happened to them.
Arafat was ( probably) killed and Fatah was driven out of Gaza by Hamas backed up by Iran and Syria.

And now we see another player in the field Egypt.
Egypt (where thousands of people live under poverty) is now supporting Hamas with money (!) Iran is not happy with that and is now supporting the Jihad.
Like I wrote in my article this will lead to more bloody attacks amung the Palestinians themselves, they never learn.
They dont understand what democracy is about and they probably never will, every time a dictator steps down a new one steps forward.
We dont seem to uderstand that here ...............

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2 December 2012, 18:22:13 »
ReplyReply

I see that there's no point in trying to discuss this in a neutral, objective way

you don't reply/react to what we write or ask and when you furthermore accuse me of supporting terrorist groups I have to end the discussion from my side

it's a shame tough since the complete issue needs discussions to end it but when we can't seem to do so why should we expect this from those on the frontline
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2 December 2012, 18:59:39 »
ReplyReply

I see that there's no point in trying to discuss this in a neutral, objective way

you don't reply/react to what we write or ask and when you furthermore accuse me of supporting terrorist groups I have to end the discussion from my side

it's a shame tough since the complete issue needs discussions to end it but when we can't seem to do so why should we expect this from those on the frontline

This has been one of my major issues if you look at all the comments they always put it down to Palestinian intransigence as the root cause and yet every one I have ever met has accepted a two state option however the hardest problem I have encountered is finding an Israeli or one of its supporters that will even recognise the Palestinians as human.

As I have mentioned elsewhere I am amazed that 70 years ago Jews required the world to save them from a nation that was exercising the same racial superiority BS that we now get from Israel, makes me wonder whether we shouldn't have put up with Hitler for another couple of years and saved ourselves all these problems.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2 December 2012, 19:04:55 »
ReplyReply

makes me wonder whether we shouldn't have put up with Hitler for another couple of years and saved ourselves all these problems.

don't agree with this statement either, killing and the logical wars don't end anything neither are a solution of what so ever, they are signs of weakness

but yes, mankind IS weak cause we seem only capable to start problems but never end/prevent them
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44673200 | Sitemap