19 May 2024, 04:16:58 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Sweden terror attack  (Read 16111 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« on: 8 April 2017, 13:27:46 »
ReplyReply

A terrorist targeted young children as he drove a hijacked lorry into a crowded shopping street in Stockholm, witnesses claimed to a reporter after fleeing the scene.
Infants’ buggies were sent “flying through the air”, one Swedish broadcaster reported, as the vehicle zigzagged along the pedestrianised Queen Street shopping district and crashed in the window of a department store.
“It drove from left to right. It didn’t look out of control, it was trying to hit people,” a second witness claimed. “It hit people, it was terrible. It hit a little buggy with a child in it, demolished it.”
Swedish police said on Saturday morning that they believe a 39-year-old suspect was behind the truck attack which left four dead and 15 injured, but declined to comment on reports that the suspect was a father-of-four from Uzbekistan.
The unnamed suspect reportedly confessed to the attack after being detained in Marsta, which is around 25 miles north of the Swedish capital.
Some reports suggested he had previously posted jihadist propaganda on his Facebook page and had images of people injured in the explosion at the Boston marathon in April 2013.
Police found explosives in the truck used in the attack in Stockholm, Swedish television said on Saturday citing multiple unnamed police sources.
Eight victims, including children, remain in hospital, according to Swedish media. Three of the victims died at the scene, a report said, while one died after arriving at the hospital. 
Sweden’s prime minister, Stefan Löfven, said everything indicated the incident was terrorism.
It happened less than two weeks after the Westminster Bridge attack and stirred up memories of the attacks in Nice and Berlin where Islamist sympathisers used lorries as weapons – a tactic first suggested in a 2010 directive from al-Qaeda commanders to their supporters.
The attack also came less than two months after Donald Trump provoked a row with Sweden after suggesting that immigration had led to rising crime in the country.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 9 April 2017, 14:58:03 »
ReplyReply

Latest news.

Swedish police spokesman said today the terrorist was on the run for police.
His asylum request was rejected, he should have been removed from the country.
With him 5 more suspects have been arrested.
The 4 deadly victims came from Belgium, UK and Sweden (2).
10 injured are still in hospital, 4 of them are in a serious condition.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 4 March 2021, 15:48:29 »
ReplyReply

Vetlanda, Sweden

Seven people were wounded, three of them life threatening by a terrorist.
The purp attacked people at 5 different places using an axe and a knife.
Police officers shot the man and took him into custody.
The Afghan (27) came to sweden 3 years ago and has a refugee status.
The man was known to the police for all kinds of criminal activities.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44880488 | Sitemap