18 May 2024, 18:15:25 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Cemeteries and Memorials: general discussions  (Read 2721 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 19 September 2010, 18:57:09 »
ReplyReply

Why?

Well, I've always been interested in cemeteries and memorials since they take me back in time, into history. I also like the silence on cemeteries.
Cemeteries show more than graves. They show the popularity of the deciesed, his/her family, his/her professional occupation and more...

Memorials show original material used and the area where the battles took place.

On civilian cemeteries they show the wealth of the families or the lack of it.
I constantly look for details on civilian cemeteries: prisoners-of-war, executioned civilians, members of resistance and more... stories that most young people seem to forget.

On military cemeteries the graves proof that all men are the same, from soldier to general. In their final resting-place all men are the same: men who gave their lives on the battlefield.

The hundreds of pictures I've been taking and the many more I'll be taking in the future are taken with the greatest respect. I'm not into making money nor do I dishonour graves and/or cemeteries.

I hope that the pictures, when you don't have the option to visit them yourselves, will give you a view on the thousands of fallen men and women.

Feel free to contact me when you have questions.

We have plans which will involve people from several countries working on the same project.

First subject is the
Prince of Wales Own Regiment of Yorkshire
http://www.pwoyorkshire.co.uk/

revisit this board, you will see many interesting pictures and stories passing by....

Koen
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2 October 2010, 17:46:58 »
ReplyReply

this is our camper that we're, Karine & I, using to visit the cemeteries and memorials....

Ze Bus at the Mening Gate (Meense Poort)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44874552 | Sitemap