18 May 2024, 23:56:47 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Photoshop  (Read 3510 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 29 January 2011, 12:07:45 »
ReplyReply

Guys,

because I spend alot of time in Photoshop I would like to know how-to save an action and apply it to several pictures at the same time.

f.e. when I convert a 10 page pdf-file into 10 jpegs: how can I select all 10 pages and do a 'auto-tone/contrast/colour' and save as jpeg action with 1 click?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2011, 10:37:56 »
ReplyReply

Sorry, did not see this earlier.

Its called batch processing, you will find all about it in the excellent PS manual. For now a rough explanation.

I dont know what PS version you have, but in the last three new version it works like follows:

- First you save the action (after recording it of course), for this you have to get out of the actions displayed as buttons (in the context menu top right uncheck "Button Mode", in list view the "Save" option is accesable)

There are several possible ways to proceede from here, I recommend for what you request the following (but remember I am on Mac, there might be some small differences for PC):

- Create a droplet with the action (File>Automate>Create Droplet...) with the paramters you want specified with one or more actions.

- Save the droplet (on ac I save it into the folder with the pictures I want to process)

Now all you need to do is to drag-and-drop the pictures to be processed onto the droplet... voila!

Alternatively you can (once only) process a batch of pictures you assign via File>Automate>Batch...

The advantage of the droplet approach is that it is reusable, so to have one for repetitive standard ops comes in handy and saves a lot of time (I crop all my professional pix to either 13x18 or screen 640x400, e.g. and made droplets for this)

Hope this helps,

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44878054 | Sitemap