19 May 2024, 00:44:47 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Spanish Legion military music  (Read 11032 times)
Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« on: 30 August 2009, 18:17:52 »
ReplyReply

Hi, after sometime I have decided to participate in this forum trying to have some fun and learning new things.

First of all I have to apologize for my English, it´s so limited so sometimes perhaps I don´t get the inner meanings of the posts or cannot explain myself in a correct way to make my posting some kind of comprehensive post.

I am specialized in Spanish Legion, so I think I will post about it´s military music in this field (marches) , although if administrator thinks it would be located in any other place I will understand perfectly because I don´t manage this ok yet.

I am introducing some trumpets I like, first of all is from an old movie, very short and as you can see it´s in Sahara times. The legionary uses a “siroquera” for covering from dust and sun. Rest are inner shows for legionaries and families or for public before any parade.

Corneta La Legion

Legión Española, el mejor cornetín de su historia.

la legion en zaragoza solo de cornetin

Next songs, thanks all, hope you like

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2009, 23:08:41 »
ReplyReply

Solideo, great stuff! The 2nd really is so soft and detailed, didnt know you could do it with the cornetín (we have 2 in the village, but no mouth pieces, so you know what to bring... Smiley should ou ever visit, that is... Smiley.

Any chance you could find a list (accoustically preferred, but notes will also do, we can then transfrom them at least into sound) of the Legion´s Horn signals and their meaning?

Rattler
« Last Edit: 5 September 2009, 22:36:14 by Rattler, Reason: typos, as always » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2009, 09:25:22 »
ReplyReply

Solideo, great stuff! The 2nd really is so soft and detailed, didnt know you could do it with the cornetín (we have 2 in the village, but now mouth pieces, so you know what to bring... Smiley should ou ever visit, that is... Smiley.

Any chance you could find a list (accoustically preferred, but notes will also do, we can then transfrom them at least into sound) of the Legion´s Horn signals and their meaning?

Rattler

Hi Rattler, I will try to complain you, there was a page with all the spanish horn signal and meaning but doesn´t work. Spanish Legion is based in Infantry, so signals are the same.

Here is a link http://www.unamu.org/ whre inside military music (música militar) you can find some of the most famous Spanish military songs, including Legion´s. Anyway I will put the Legion songs I find with it´s videos.

I don´t surrender, I will try to find those horny )LOL) signals.

El Novio de la muerte (Grooms of Death). Really a love story, a man who lost his beloved woman and decided not having other love than his flag and joined the Legion to find death and meet her as soon as possible. A legend for us

La Legion (Spain)- Novio de la Muerte - Subtitulada

La cancion del legionario (Legionary song). Our hymn. This is recorded in IV Bandera del 2º Tercio Duque de Alba, one of the Banderas I was, although in my period we were more than 100% more men. This Bandera is placed in what´s called "A Position" García Aldave in Ceuta and this was the first official quarter Legion had in history. Actually almost empty just used for special acts and occupied by standard army section of Legion services. (what a pity and terrible pain in my heart)

Before song is prayed one of our "spirits" from our creed (12).  "La bandera de la legión" (Legion´s flag). It´s a curiosity the creed has changed in these years with different points of view among legionaries.

In my time we said "La bandera de la legion es la mas gloriosa porque esta teñida con la sangre de sus legionarios" (Legion´s flag is the most glorious because it´s tinted with its legionaries blood).

Actually it´s said "La bandera de la legion será la mas gloriosa porque la teñiran la sangre de sus legionarios" (Legion flag will be the most glorious becaus it will be tinted with its legionaries blood)

Some legionaries think the use of future in creed is a lost of respect to the more than 10.000 legionaries dead in past times. Some think it must not be so, but that new use of the future means we will still dying for our flag forever.

Just a comment for giving some more than music to post.

Canción del Legionario. (Legión Española)

« Last Edit: 31 August 2009, 09:38:22 by Solideo » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2009, 16:20:55 »
ReplyReply

Hi Rattler, I will try to complain you, -snip-

Wrong address: Complaints to Koen please  whistle

...there was a page with all the spanish horn signal and meaning but doesn´t work. Spanish Legion is based in Infantry, so signals are the same.-snip-
I don´t surrender, I will try to find those horny (LOL) signals.

That´s the spirit!  champ

Just out of curiosity, are they the same as for Marine Infantry (Infantes)? If so, they are probably the same than the US signals, because Spanish Marines were modelled exactly (down to uniform and equipment) along the US Marines Corps.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2009, 19:56:11 »
ReplyReply

great stuff guys...this gives us an insight on stuff that is difficult to find...

keep going!  salute
Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2009, 20:18:56 »
ReplyReply

Just out of curiosity, are they the same as for Marine Infantry (Infantes)? If so, they are probably the same than the US signals, because Spanish Marines were modelled exactly (down to uniform and equipment) along the US Marines Corps.

Rattler

Spanish marine infantry is the older in the world. They were founded in 1537. Actually as most special units they try to look like USMC because of their operative actions.

More info (in spanish) where you can see uniformity, vehicles, etc.

They belong to navy not army.

Cheers

http://www.revistanaval.com/infanteriademarina/

http://www.armada.mde.es/ArmadaPortal/page/Portal/ArmadaEspannola/buques_infanteria/

And for being sincere I don´t know if they use the same signals than in army or they use the navy ones, I will ask to some friends inside and I will tell you

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2009, 23:28:00 »
ReplyReply

fair enough, will check here also (got a crazy ex Infante as friend)

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 5 September 2009, 22:40:25 »
ReplyReply

El Novio de la muerte (Grooms of Death). Really a love story, a man who lost his beloved woman and decided not having other love than his flag and joined the Legion to find death and meet her as soon as possible. A legend for us

La Legion (Spain)- Novio de la Muerte - Subtitulada

I will take the translations bit by bit, please correct where I am erring (as I took some liberties, tried rather to capture the spirit than the word...):

None of the Third knew
Who was the legionary
so bold and reckless
who joined the Legion.

No one knew his history,
but the Legion assumed that it was a
great pain that gnawed
like a wolf, at his heart.

If anyone asked
with pain, and rudely, he would answer:

I am a man whom destiny
hurt with a fierce paw;
I am the groom of death
who will compromise himself together in strong bound
with such loyal company.

When the fire would be roughest
and the fight would be fiercest
defending his flag
the legionnaire would advance.

And without fearing the thrust
of the excalted enemy
he knew how to die as a brave man
and giving example to the next ones in line.

And sprinkling with his blood the burning earth,
the legionaire murmured in a voice full of pain:

I am a man whom destiny
wounded with a fierce paw;
I am the groom of death
who will compromise himself together in strong bound
with such loyal company.

When they finally collected him (from the field),
on his chest they found
A letter and a portrait
of a divine woman.

And that letter said:
"... if one day God should call you,
a place for me I claim,
and I will immediately go searching for you".

And in the last kiss that he sent her,
he devoted his last farewell.

"To go at your side,
my most loyal companion (his girl, R.),
I became the groom of death,
I struck with the strong bond
and your lost love became my *Flag*!"

Rattler
« Last Edit: 5 September 2009, 22:54:07 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 5 September 2009, 22:57:32 »
ReplyReply

Solideo, what is the story behind this one ("poor, unhappy Marines")?

La legión canta "pobrecitos marinos infelices"

Rattler

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 6 September 2009, 11:32:36 »
ReplyReply

Solideo, what is the story behind this one ("poor, unhappy Marines")?

La legión canta "pobrecitos marinos infelices"

Rattler

It is "pobrecitos MARIDOS Infelices" not marinos. So Poor unhappy husbands.

Spanish lyrics

Pobrecitos maridos infelices,
que tenéis la testuz como un carnero,
viviréis contentos y felices,
alistados al Tercio de Extranjeros.

Son tres pesetas,
bien comido y bien bebido,
tendrás fama de león,
aunque seas un cabrito en la Legión.

Comida sana y abundante,
la que dan en el Tercio de Extranjeros,
cocinada por cuatro o seis mangantes,
a los cuales llamamos los rancheros.

Una sopita, un cocidito
y la cabeza de un besuguito
y un vasito de vino peleón,
ese es el menú de la Legión.

Yo no sé qué se han creído
en el Tercio de Extranjeros,
que nos tienen comparados
con peones camineros,
jo jo jo porón pon pon

Desde que se inventó
el pico y la pala,
con el pico y la pala
nos están dando la lata.

Éste que está presente
tres picos rompió
y al día siguiente
pasó al pelotón,
y ese otro que en su pueblo,
se las daba de sereno,
con el hambre que pasaba
se alistó al Tercio de Extranjeros,
jo jo jo porón pon pon

A los cuatro días
cabo interino lo hicieron,
le vino la propuesta
firmada por los rancheros,
le quitan los galones
por ser un mangante,
y al día siguiente
le hacen machacante.

Se ha portado bien
en las operaciones,
todas las medallas
y todos los galones
los lleva colgado
de los cojones.

Acabo de recibir... chin pum (bis)
noticias frescas de mi país (bis)

Se está poniendo España
en tan malas condiciones
que se está desarrollando
el gremio de maricones.

Como siga así la cosa
con tan poco disimulo
se va a hacer pequeño el mundo
para ir a tomar por culo.

¡Cómprate una gabardina, cabrón!

Translation is your work, I run out of time and English nowledges aswell, sorry.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 6 September 2009, 12:46:42 »
ReplyReply

It is "pobrecitos MARIDOS Infelices" not marinos. So Poor unhappy husbands.

Ouch, ROFL... Smiley I had just seen the vid title, not listened in detail... Smiley

Translation is your work, I run out of time and English nowledges aswell, sorry.

ok, will do... Smiley

Rattler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44878585 | Sitemap