17 May 2024, 12:00:29 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Swine Flu a Bio Attack?  (Read 3458 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« on: 27 April 2009, 00:43:50 »
ReplyReply

How big a chance that this was a deliberate attack on President Obama?

Some of the people he met and shook hands with are dead, like this one:

The outbreak coincided with the President Barack Obama’s trip to Mexico City on April 16. Obama was received at Mexico’s anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported. The newspaper didn’t confirm if Solis had swine flu or not. (Thomas Black, Bloomberg)

The quote is not fully correct, as Solis developed the symptoms next day and then a few days later died from cardiac failure after a untypic pneumonia broke out, but it has been confirmed now that it was swine flu that killed him, and also that Obama was together with him for an hour or so and shook hands twice, i.e. is theoretically at risk.

Ann interesting scenario, apt for terrorists as well as for others like political enemies: Infect someone with the virus that is going to meet a person you want taken out, bio warfare on a small scale.

Has anyone seen Mr. Obama today?

Rattler

P.S.: Seems I am not the only one to have some questions:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/swine-flu-attack-likely-a-beta-test.html

http://www.rightsidenews.com/200904254523/editorial/unique-strainis-the-swine-flu-outbreak-a-bio-terror-attack.html

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
bongotastic
Sergeant

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2009, 13:02:56 »
ReplyReply

The sophistication required for getting H1N1, the old Spanish Flu strain, to become virulent again seems to me to be a really contrived way to do a bio attack. (And without a setup like they have in Atlanta and with a lot of human subject for testing, it makes it pretty much impossible). Already, the CDC and the WHO do not agree with the make-up of the virus, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the least alarmist WHO. The new strain wouldn't be dangerous if it wasn't a mixture of different virus, and in 2009, air travel acts as a planet-wide stir-stick for viruses.

There is much for wannabe terrorist to gain by taking credit for a naturally occuring Influenza A outbreaks, though.

Hobbying on less than an hour per day.
Iraq, 2008 : www.opcon.org/SadrCity/
Italy, 1361 : www.opcon.org/drupal/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44858960 | Sitemap