17 May 2024, 13:35:38 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: German bunkers @ Nord-Pas-de-Calais [F]  (Read 9239 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 21 September 2010, 19:35:05 »
ReplyReply

these 2 bunkers were what I presume in the 2nd line, both with big doors (who weren't there anymore)

I wonder what was stored inside? Flak? Trucks?

both have small openings on the roof, spotters? the openings were directed towards the sea
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2011, 22:08:47 »
ReplyReply

Right off the top oy my head: no, no idea. I have seen those mentioned somewhere else not too logn ago, though, and I BELIEVE there was an explanation offered what purpose these fulfilled. I'lls ee what I can find out, but I'll have to search the web just like you.

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2011, 22:15:29 »
ReplyReply

both were next to a road
at both sides of the garage there were rooms
there was a staircase to the top

I didn't go in too far, didn't trust the remains that were left by people....

ps: I learned that I need extra light and handprotection to go deeper in such buildings (drugs etc...)
Earl Grey
Member of Staff

Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 09:03:54 »
ReplyReply

Haven't found anything yet, but I, too, believe those were storage bunkers of some sort.

And yous hould always take a torchlight with you when entering those. Extra protection isn't a stupid idea either, yes - after all the Allies tried to demolish them and a lot are partly damaged, sunk into the ground, have run full of water etc. 

"You don't have to take things how they are - rather how they should be!" - Bastard Instructor From Hell
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 18:58:26 »
ReplyReply

Haven't found anything yet, but I, too, believe those were storage bunkers of some sort.

And yous hould always take a torchlight with you when entering those. Extra protection isn't a stupid idea either, yes - after all the Allies tried to demolish them and a lot are partly damaged, sunk into the ground, have run full of water etc.

yep, I'm now equipped with a BIG MagLite and will take gloves with me (with my psoriasis I'm always scared of damaging my skin)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2011, 19:02:09 »
ReplyReply

It might be a FLAK bunker?
If it has a plateau on top with a stair leading up that might have been the purpose.
It looks like one of Francois Verlindens bunkers.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2011, 19:27:43 »
ReplyReply

It might be a FLAK bunker?
If it has a plateau on top with a stair leading up that might have been the purpose.
It looks like one of Francois Verlindens bunkers.

the stairs were inside and only for personnel

plz enlighten us on FV bunkers with pics and info  hatsoff
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2011, 19:43:05 »
ReplyReply

Lol, I have to do a thorough search for the old books ( not sure if I still have them)
Will do after i get back.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2011, 20:28:07 »
ReplyReply

Lol, I have to do a thorough search for the old books ( not sure if I still have them)
Will do after i get back.

reminder

and a new picture

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44859918 | Sitemap