5 May 2024, 15:26:53 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: 12SS maxi 1 playtest- Panzer Bob vs Facman  (Read 7135 times)
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« on: 2 August 2009, 20:53:03 »
ReplyReply

Let me start with the obvious...this is a monster! This thing is so big that we had to restart once because I had failed to watch a quarter of the map. So if you want to give this one a shot, slow down, take a deep breath and check your max zoomed out map, before you send to your opponent. Pz Bob taught me that and it helped immensely.
I was astounded by the ferocity of this battle. At one point I couldnt even remember the last turn when we weren't shredding each others armor. Turn after turn after turn of burning carnage, yup thats what you'll get if you venture into this hell. I suspect it needs some balancing work, as the Germans were stopped in Authie, which seems off from the historical events. In the end that should only be decided after more playtesting.

The Facman Rating: to early to rate. officer1

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2 August 2009, 23:14:13 »
ReplyReply

Thanks for playing.
1 of the factors for the MKIVs to lose against the shermans is the experience.
The MKIV is overly undermodelled compared to Shermans and 6 pdr AT guns.
We have to upgrade their experience to get more balance, historically the Germans destroyed the allied force and managed to hold them back for 2 months..

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2 August 2009, 23:41:44 »
ReplyReply

We have started again, will keep you posted. I enjoyed the play, and with a little tweaking to get the mix correct, should be a fine scenario based on the promise already shown.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 3 August 2009, 20:04:12 »
ReplyReply

We have started again, will keep you posted. I enjoyed the play, and with a little tweaking to get the mix correct, should be a fine scenario based on the promise already shown.

thx for your interest  tank
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2009, 20:33:13 »
ReplyReply

any news from the front?
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 12 August 2009, 21:21:06 »
ReplyReply

yes, they fired this one up 3 times.
Fought out with a loss for the Germans(opposite to history)
I have made some changes.
Facman is away so I dont know if they will start again 1 more time.
But I guess not.
Ron is playing another  of my big creations against Huzaar rightnow.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2009, 17:12:39 »
ReplyReply

ha...got some videos from FacMan....wooow...seems ok

any comments, recommendations or requests my friends?
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2009, 03:05:31 »
ReplyReply

Well we tested this scenario for the 2nd time and it is even better than the first time out. The adjustment to the OOB was quite effective in restoring the historical feel of this battle. I was playing the allies and got pummeled relentlessly and enjoyed every minute of it. So if you like monster scenarios, with white knuckle pressure, give this one a run. It is well worth the time you will put into it.

Facman rating: WooooHoooo!   4star

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2009, 12:52:04 »
ReplyReply

Well we tested this scenario for the 2nd time and it is even better than the first time out. The adjustment to the OOB was quite effective in restoring the historical feel of this battle. I was playing the allies and got pummeled relentlessly and enjoyed every minute of it. So if you like monster scenarios, with white knuckle pressure, give this one a run. It is well worth the time you will put into it.

Facman rating: WooooHoooo!   4star

thanks for the report!
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2009, 14:21:00 »
ReplyReply

Snip, wish this quality of design had been in my 21 pz Bedroefd cry cry cry cry waa

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2009, 15:03:55 »
ReplyReply

Snip, wish this quality of design had been in my 21 pz Bedroefd cry cry cry cry waa

it's a tough job Henk... Knipoog

My playtest against Jonny wil start soon...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44699758 | Sitemap