18 May 2024, 19:06:52 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 489884 times)
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: 9 November 2009, 01:53:18 »
ReplyReply

Cher - The Shoop Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss) [Official Music Video] [HQ]

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: 9 November 2009, 01:56:13 »
ReplyReply

Cher - Strong Enough - live (External Embedding Disabled)

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: 9 November 2009, 21:05:26 »
ReplyReply

Oh, Jilly, thanks!

Rattler

P. S. : Mine were always worth it (after having hit 35)...

...with muzak along those lines - and this is the most serious take I can take, heart-felt, as a photo journo out on duty and my true love at home...

Turn volume well (but well!: MAX if you arei n love over distance!!!) up. While it is an (realitvely) unknown German Band, as an English speaker I am sure you will get the gist... (and don´t ever ask me how many times I have sung it on the sometimes endless motorways on this planet listening to the radio  in my car, waiting for nothing more than to make it home, with 3 month to go... and then, sometimes only a day, or in breajs only a month - sacred month! -  at home before having to  leave again...)

...and my wife not evein knowing what I was talking about... ("... but isn´t this just the way we live??...").

Though, I always called her on my mobile - whatever hour - and let her listen when it was on the radio in my van on the road, w/o verbal comment, trying to communicate what I felt being looooong time from home.

I believe it always annoyed her; different cultures or the man/woman thingy, I guess...:

Anyway, here the lyrics that I have lived exactly:

i spent the whole night long
on my hotel-phone
a letter's too long
don't you know

we talked we laughed
and sighed
kissing the air
said good-bye
i m never the first to
hang-up the phone

i d rather kiss instead
but isn't this just the way we live?

I might be kissing the sheets
i might be hugging the pillow
all night long
but i don't mind
cause i have you on my mind
i might be kissing the sheets
all night long
but i don't mind
'cause i have you on my mind
all night long
i don't mind
'cause i'll kiss in time

it's time my train has arrived
i take a slow step inside
how time has passed by
don't you konw
we only had a day
we say hello
who can't stay
i'm glad we had this
day anyway
we'd rather kiss instead

but isn't this just the way we live?

I might be kissing the sheets
all night long
but i don't mind
cause i have you on my mind
i might be kissing the sheets
all night long
but i don't mind
all night long
i don't mind

Cultured Pearls - Kissing the Sheets

R. (drunk and emotional, down to tears as I write it, we all have our history, best: Ignore)
« Last Edit: 9 November 2009, 22:20:27 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: 9 November 2009, 23:35:10 »
ReplyReply

... this for turning up max, just bust my mid speakers...  cry

Anyway, my next girl friend take notcie:

Looks I am going back into my *real* job (enough gardening, photo journo it is, after all!), so I will probably start all this "long-time-away-suprisingly-short-time-home" thingy all over again after a 7 years break...

JAN 15 STARTEX.

By foot (with a mule) from Barcelona or Valencia, direction Africa. First scheduled stop Almeria, 2nd scheduled stop Ougadougu.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 10 November 2009, 22:43:42 »
ReplyReply

photo journo it is

GREAT! Good LUCK!
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 11 November 2009, 16:51:21 »
ReplyReply

Electric Light Orchestra - Roll Over Beethoven

I love ELO  Brede lach
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: 12 November 2009, 22:44:11 »
ReplyReply

Who is the world´s best drummer? Employing his set as one *melody* instrument, and not for rhythm? Precision his 2nd name?

Right!

...and if you mix him with one of the great funky keyboarders, you come up with what I listened to this morning at 0330J and which made me lose whatever remnants of sleepiness left over at this - even for me - early hour (had to get  up a bit early as I had promised BLU it´s detailled OOB in the MBX, a 4 hours job...) ... Smiley

Of cause, it helps if you either like Jazz or Funk (or, preferred, both), and I had the studio version on, better, IMHO, but this gives the idea:

George Duke-Band, "Red Baron", live 1998 Montreux Jazzfestiva

Billy Cobham - drums !!!!!!
George Duke - keyboards !!!!
Carl Orr - guitar !!!
Stefan Rademacher - bass !!!!

Guests:
Les McCan keyboards
Keith Anderson alto sax !!!
Gonzalo Rubalcaba keyboards

Red Baron

Ohg, in case you are not so sure about Bill Cobham, I recommend listening to this for 3 minutes (and now he is old!):

Billy Cobham - Columbus Drum Daze 2007 (External Embedding Disabled)

Or this one, a bit younger and with small equipment, all precision, speed and melody, some incredible riffs and breaks, and perfect coordination (*interpretation*, actually!) with the rest of the band (Jazz not Funk, though, still probably the best of these exhibits)... :

Herbie Hancock - Piano
Ron Carter - Bass
Billy Cobham - Drums

Billy Cobham Solo

Enjoy!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 12 November 2009, 23:01:57 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 12 November 2009, 23:02:20 »
ReplyReply

I'll be buying a new hi-fi with SACD player set soon so if anybody knows some great SACD's plz let me know  hatsoff

info:
Marantz PM8003
Marantz SA8003
Usher X-718 or Focal 807V
In-Akustik cables
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: 15 November 2009, 01:04:31 »
ReplyReply

One that Rattler may like?

Don't stop believing.

Journey - Don't Stop Believing (Live)

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: 15 November 2009, 23:32:34 »
ReplyReply

Journey - Don't Stop Believing (Live)

He does!  whistle Danced to that on many a bar counter when he was younger Smiley

And to this one, along the same, but with a little more punch (you had to miss the champagne glasses on the counter with your feet when doing a prirouette on 20x20cm, else you were off the counter by bar rule, and that punch made it easier, as everybody would lift his glass at this moments...):

HLatN: Hip to be Sqare

Anybody here knows what became of the guy??

Rattler
« Last Edit: 15 November 2009, 23:39:49 by Rattler » Logged

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 16 November 2009, 00:35:35 »
ReplyReply

Huey still plays on occasion in the SF Bay Area (where he started out). I met him at a Stones Concert (was sitting in front of me) quite the everyman personality, well grounded and his head still fits in any room.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: 17 November 2009, 00:41:39 »
ReplyReply

A song by Paul Young.  I used to work in the West End of London at one time,  and I would bump into quite a few people from the entertainment industry - actors,  musicians etc.  One day I actually got talking to Paul Young,  he was very likable.  Anyway, here's a song by him:

EVERY TIME YOU GO AWAY . PAUL YOUNG

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: 18 November 2009, 18:13:02 »
ReplyReply

Don't stop believing.

Well, let me answer with another song, one that Jilly might like?

Surely it is one one that has a very male take on things (both from lyrics and from music), a compromise most women never will undestand even if they once swore to it... I do not know wheter every man thinks like that (though what I see at least basically seems to supprot that idea), but when I commit I commit that way:

Come Rain or Shine- Al Jarreau

Enjoy,

Rattler

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: 18 November 2009, 19:27:56 »
ReplyReply

I like it a lot, Rattler.  Such a beautiful song.  Thanks for that.      congrats

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: 18 November 2009, 21:54:50 »
ReplyReply

I like it a lot, Rattler.  Such a beautiful song.  Thanks for that.      congrats

THINK about it again, (lyrics excerpts):

.snip-
Happy together, unhappy together
And won't it be fine.
Days may be cloudy or sunny,
We're in or we're out of the money,
-snip-

The way life *not* goes... :

Alternative, inciting a strong urge to puke: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27808110/

BTW, this is not a new song, theme it is as old as mankind´s history: Women - AFAIK and from what I see around me -  
squirm and go running when the "...we are out of the money..." or the "...unhappy together..." challenge comes up (which would actually exactly be the moment their input would be required, in fact...  hdbng)

Come Rain or Come Shine - B.B King / Eric Clapton

Rattler (this kingdoms´s Minister of Love, currently on administrative leave due to general distrust towards female´s motives  whistle)

« Last Edit: 18 November 2009, 22:14:14 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: 18 November 2009, 22:41:32 »
ReplyReply

No special reason for this one (apart from that it is the first concert of La Mari - Chambao - after her 2 yrs chemo), I simply like it and am listening to it currently (the whole concert):

La Mari y el Miguel del bicho

Rattler

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: 19 November 2009, 00:06:12 »
ReplyReply

I think that Link is just a sign of the times, Rattler.   People stay together for financial reasons?  Yes, some do, it's been that way for a long time,  but more so in these hard financial times.  Is it the cowards way out?  Yes,  definitely.

I think the other main reason people stay together when the love is not there, is for their kids sake.  I personally don't think they are doing their kids any favors,  but who am I to judge?  So many unhappy unions around, it's just unreal.

This reminds me of the song:  It's got to be perfect:

It's got to be perfect

Lyrics:

(This time it's gonna be perfect...)
I don't want half-hearted love affairs
I need someone who really cares
Life is too short to play silly games
I promise myself I won't do that again
REFRAIN I:
It's got to be perfect
It's got to be worth it
Too many people take second best
But I won't take anything less
It's got to be perfect
REFRAIN II:
Young hearts are foolish
They make such mistakes
They're much too eager to give their love away
Well I've been foolish too many times
Now I'm determined I'm gonna get it right
(Repeat Refrain I)
CODA:
(It's got to be ...)
You better think about it
It's got to be perfect, yeah yeah
(It's got ...)
The kind that will stand the test of time, yeah
(Too many ...)
But I won't take anything less
(It's got to be perfect)

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 20 November 2009, 06:40:16 »
ReplyReply

White Bird- It's A Beautiful Day -1968

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: 20 November 2009, 15:49:12 »
ReplyReply

Man,  that's a sad song FACman.   Onbeslist

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: 20 November 2009, 16:11:31 »
ReplyReply

@ Jilly: I do not - while I am all for illusion and still believe in *true* love whatever that means - think this is my tune, for me it does *not* have to be perfect, but carried along by sentiment and respect, that´s basic, but also enough. *Nobody* can make anybody else happy, the only thing he/she might be able to achieve is to not make the other unhappy. In this sense, I stick with my earlier song:

.snip-
Happy together, unhappy together
And won't it be fine.

If it is expected to have to be "perfect" it is bound to fail, IMHO (and, yes. this is my excuse for future failure Smiley )...

@ FACman: This one still - after so many years - makes my skin crawl...

What a beautiful song and arrangement!

Rattler

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44875003 | Sitemap