26 July 2021, 18:19:04 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 404648 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #740 on: 7 October 2010, 01:01:01 »
ReplyReply

I know Jazz is not everybodys thingy, but I now find myself listening for the fifth time in a row to this song (from iTunes, in better quality than here, but what the heck), and it seems to transport a kind of calm I rarely feel, kind of centers me.

I have known the song for a long time, am a great Miles Davis fan also, but tonight seems the night that it finally hit home.
I recommend to at least give it a few minutes of the 9 it runs when youre in a mood to find peace and greatness in your surroundings or at quarrel with what is up (though, as with me, you might not feel its magic the first time).

As one of the commentors of the youtube track said and I only now understand:

Quote from: TheFutureIsBold
...just takes me a million miles into myself, a voyage into my being on a planet thats part of a solar system? thats part of a galaxy floating anonymously amongst everything that ever existed...and here I am in person feeling and witnessing it all...

Miles Davis - Flamenco Sketches (05 Kind Of Blue)

One for the day I manage to make this track a radio broadcast,

Enjoy,

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: 7 October 2010, 23:02:25 »
ReplyReply

Only half without Ruth Underwood, but still a good show:

Frank Zappa - Montana (live in NYC)

Enjoy,

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: 11 October 2010, 15:23:11 »
ReplyReply

And another one of the seemingly indestructibles has gone to the better meadows: Solomon Burke died at 70 on Amsterdam Airport. He was scheduled to perform in a club there, but never made it.

Unnumerable the musicians that were influenced by him, many of his songs made it to everlasting soul or R+B history.

What a pity...  rip

Some of my favorites, in memory.

Solomon Burke - I Can't Stop Loving You (1987)

Solomon Burke - A Change is gonna come (Live at Festival Lent 2009)

Solomon Burke - Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (2003)

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #743 on: 15 October 2010, 01:50:47 »
ReplyReply

Just realized a lot of the vids from the original post about the "Cowwboys" got lost due to cancelation of accounts and the usual copyright thingy, so I thought:

As we probably all know and like the song, and as I like the Cowboys, here one once more:

Leningrad Cowboys - "Stairway To Heaven" Live Senate Square Helsinki 12.6.1993

Enjoy,

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: 16 October 2010, 00:02:00 »
ReplyReply

Changing musical theme completely, a song I ran over today on the radio, had forgotten it but remember it had left a mark for some reasons (probably having to do with my 100.000s km on motorways in deep night over the years), lets see who remembers them, "Bell, Book and Candle"...? Even if you do, you wont remember it was a German band....?

The vid here from a girl (Handle: "Afraidofwhatmightbe") who seriously seems to plead to be rescued of whatever nightmares (that was 2008, though), as she reminds me of - and could be -  my daughter, maybe anyone of the gents here ready to take on the task, investigation and responsibility?

Anyway, for me it was always the part after 0:48 into the vid that made the song:

let your, let your, let your amazement grow...
let your, let your, let your amazement grow...

Rescue me - Bell, Book and Candle (vid: Afraidofwhatmightbe)

Rattler

P.S.: THey had other great (mostly ballad) stuff also, but never made the charts with it, here:

Bell Book & Candle - Louise

R.
« Last Edit: 16 October 2010, 00:26:55 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #745 on: 16 October 2010, 00:35:50 »
ReplyReply

..and as an afterthouthgth (after-hearing), before mentioned band´s singer reminds me a lot of another favoirte singer I listen only rarely to, Alanis Morissette:

Alanis Morissette - Incomplete - Legendado em português

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: 16 October 2010, 00:45:36 »
ReplyReply

...and this lady suddenly (thats how my brain works, its a series for me!) reminds me of these songs:

Alicia Keys - When you Really Love Someone

Alicia Keys - Feelin' U, Feelin' Me

Three posts, maybe three great songs within them...?

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: 16 October 2010, 02:16:45 »
ReplyReply

As I  managed to repair a few parts of this thread tonight, here a post that was meant as a reply in another thread but I think is better going to this one (partially because AFAIK it is e.g. the most ever covered song in the world, part of video games, movie music, etc. ):

Reminds me of this nice song, the lyrics in the last two verses and the intersections by author in the vid (after 1:18 min) I hope make clear this is not meant to be offensive to anyone in person here, rather a look on mankind in general at this time by Misters Fripp and Lake:

21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson With Lyrics

-snip 1st verse-

Blood rack barbed wire
Polititians' funeral pyre
Innocents raped with napalm fire
Twenty first century schizoid man.

Death seed blind man's greed
Poets' starving children bleed
Nothing he's got he really needs
Twenty first century schizoid man.

Rattler

Heinrich505
Staff Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 16 October 2010, 03:12:48 »
ReplyReply

Rattler,
  I got your PM.   I've been borrowing a computer of late, as my rig blew up  Geschokt  and I've got to rearrange finances to get a new one.  That and real life have gotten in the way of my posting.  Sorry about that.  Until I get all that sorted out, I'll be around intermittently.

I liked the Leningrad Cowboys version of "Stairway to Heaven."  They were not far off the original.  I don't know if they were trying to stay close.  The hair was very "Flock of Seagulls" like.  I never really cared too much for that song, partially because it was played a lot on the radio, due to every young girl asking for it as a request.  It seemed like every girl/woman who heard it immediately declared it as their most favorite song ever.  Of course that isn't the case, but growing up, it certainly seemed like it.

I much prefered "Kashmir" or "Trampled Under Foot."  Now those were really classic Led Zeppelin.  That whole Physical Grafitti album (yes, album, I still have lots of vinyl around, so I am dating myself in that respect!!) was amazing too.  It seemed like every song on it was really great.

Now, I must comment on your Bell Book and Candle submission.  As usual, you post so many familiar artists, older ones, and a very varied selection as well.  As you so succintly note, enjoy...or not.  I don't care for some,  really enjoy others, and have my eyes and ears opened to many that I was not aware of.

"Rescue Me" was okay. I wasn't overwhelmed by it.  Then I thought I would listen to "Louise," and I was stunned.  It was amazing.  The piano part was so moving and evocative.  The lyrics were fine too, but I mainly key on the musical arrangement.  It was quite hypnotic.  Thank-you very much for making me aware of the group.

Along that same line, another group has done the same song.  They are Eisblume, and apparently also German   Do you know what the story is on that?  Eisblume's version seemed even more mesmerizing.  Who was first, as they appear to be completely different groups?  Just thought I would check to see if you knew.

Thanks,
                                                Heinrich505
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: 16 October 2010, 12:50:08 »
ReplyReply

Yes, "Eisblume" (Ice Flour) is a German Band, founded much later than "BBC" in 2007 IIRC, and they kind of bought the rights from them, as they did a lot of their songs as cover ("rescue me" also).

More adapted to the 21st century, it seems, BBC was from 1994 or so, and (even physically, Birrs son being a founding band member) a veteran German band "Puhdys" offspring (those still very active, actually, but I never liked them):

Puhdys

Rattler
« Last Edit: 16 October 2010, 12:56:16 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: 16 October 2010, 18:28:52 »
ReplyReply

tried this on another forum but members weren't interested, seems that most people only want to see/hear music they know/love...
my idea about a musictopic is to share music, I want to 'teach' (ahum) people with music they DON'T know...
with this 1st post I go more then 20 years back with electronic music so probably unknown to most
try to feel the music where it was played, how it was played, to whom it was played

I want to share some Belgian music with you guys & girls, it will be a mix of all kinds of music, some your taste others not BUT...

I would appreciate if you would listen to it and try to take the music into your soul/body... the music will be from around 1985 and will end in 2010

It would be great if some of these Belgian artists would get some foreign fans who buy their stuff... the quality is HIGH and original!

first is a NewBeat classic: NewBeat was THE start for synth dancemusic, before techno/trance and others got popular... people were mostly high on whatever they could get in their hands....1 dancing was so popular that police were more inside than outside..

you should listen to this one with your eyes closed, preferrably with some alcohol or other stuff in your body  Tong

Nux Nemo-Hiroshima

quote from Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_beat

Terminology
The term New Beat was first used in the USA during the early '80s. At the time, this New Beat music was a contemporary genre to Techno from Detroit and House from Chicago, although not intrinsically linked. The Americans at the time used the term to describe those music styles that they never heard before. It was the new beat of the time, the new sound, very different from Hi-NRG disco, New Wave, Synth Pop, Rap. The term was soon replaced by other terms, so virtually any USA hits once described as "New Beat" are today considered a part of another music style, most of the time simply House or Techno.

The second time that the term New Beat used, was in Europe. First, appeared in Belgium, around 1987, to describe a local music style that mainly developed out of 'Bodybeat' heralded by the early formation of Front 242 and other such acts as Praga Khan and Lords of Acid. When MTV Europe began in the summer of 1987, it brought the term to the UK. In the UK, the term New Beat was used in 1987–1988 for various local Acid house / Techno Rave productions, to point out that this was a new sound of dance music and a less commercial alternative to UK's Eurobeat. Eurobeat was at the time used in the UK for the Stock Aitken Waterman productions. Eventually, the term became mainstream, especially between the summer of 1989 and the summer of 1990, but faded fast after Euro House took over. Because of the relation of the "New Beat" and Acid house in the UK during 1988, the later commercial "New Beat" European productions, sported the Smiley as symbol of love in the British related markets. Various British "New Beat" productions, eventually migrated to the 'Bacalao' scene in Valencia Spain.

Before the term New Beat began to fade (during 1990-1991), it was used one last time to describe many Belgium and German dance groups like Technotronic, Snap!, Confetti's, The adventures of Stevie V, McSar & the Real McCoy and Twenty4Seven on the minor European (and related) markets (Greece, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Israel, Southern France). The term in this case used again like the way it used in USA almost a decade before to describe the overall "new" dance sound of the time and not so much a music style. It was generally used to fill the "gap" between 80s Euro disco and the 90s Euro-House).

USA fans of 90s Eurohouse (in the USA the term "90s Eurodance" is used), testify that the term New Beat was also used for a short while during the early 90s, to describe various early 90s imports on the USA market, like 2 Unlimited, Quadrophonia, T99, etc.

Definition

The New Beat sound originated in Belgium in the late 1980s, especially in 1987 and 1988.

The Belgian New Beat was an underground danceable music style, well known at clubs and discos in Europe. It is a local crossover of EBM, Acid and mid 80s underground House music. The 80s Dark Wave also became an aesthetic influence (especially Depeche Mode's videos from 1985-1989). At the time, EBM was popular in German speaking countries and The Netherlands, Acid / Acid Trance was popular in the UK, and House Music (in a 80s Eurodisco French twist) was popular in France. Belgium created this unique music sound, with huge underground success all over Europe.

Legend has it that the Belgian New Beat genre was invented in the nightclub Boccaccio in Destelbergen near Ghent when DJ Marc Grouls played a 45rpm EBM record at 33rpm, with the pitch control set to +8. The track in question was Flesh by A Split-Second.

In addition to A Split Second, the genre was also heavily influenced by other EBM acts such as Front 242 and The Neon Judgement, as well as the likes of Fad Gadget, Gary Numan and Anne Clark.

In 1989–1990, the genre spawned some short-lived sub-genres or successor genres Hard Beat and Schizzo - the latter being a techno-influenced style, considerably faster than the original slow new beat style.

The most commercially successful New Beat groups were Confetti's and The Lords of Acid, which had heavy airplay on the MTV Europe show "Party Zone". MTV Europe's VJ Steve Blame was a great fan of New Beat and through his position on MTV News, promoted the Belgium's New Beat sound through his reports.

Many Europeans consider New Beat as a forerunner of European House (Euro-House). Others consider "New Beat" to have been the first true European dance music style that had no Euro disco (Italo Disco - Eurobeat) influences. New Beat incorporated more Techno and Acid house influences, as opposed to the Euro disco influences of Euro House.

one of THE tracks is this one at the speed it was played in dancings:

A Split Second - Flesh (original mix)

originally it was recorded at this speed:

A Split Second - Flesh

more to come  Rollende ogen
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 17 October 2010, 14:38:34 »
ReplyReply

the annual election of the best dance-records on Studio Brussel: http://www.stubru.be/media/thegreatestswitch2010

Laurent Garnier - The Man With The Red Face

Underworld - Born Slippy Nuxx

Daan - Housewife
(Belgian allround musician)

1. laurent garnier - the man with the red face (2)
2. underworld - born slippy (nuxx) (1)
3. daan - housewife (16)
4. vitalic - la rock 01 (3)
5. swedish house mafia - one (nieuw)
6. faithless - insomnia (monster mix) (5)
7. daft punk - around the world (12)
8. moby – go (11)
9. prodigy - no good (start the dance) (6)
10. fischerspooner - emerge (eight)

11. daft punk - harder better faster stronger (20)
12. chemical brothers - hey boy hey girl (4)
13. dj rolando - knights of the jaguar (10)
14. jeff mills - the bells (13)
15. bloody beetroots - warp 1.9 (nieuw)
16. jaydee - plastic dreams (9)
17. booka shade - body language (46)
18. feist - my moon my man (boys noize remix) (60)
19. push - universal nation (22)
20. new order - blue monday (7)

21. laurent garnier - the sound of the big babou (27)
22. justice - never be alone (19)
23. prodigy - smack my bitch up (15)
24. crookers - knobbers (52)
25. moby - feeling so real (18)
26. snap - rhythm is a dancer (33)
27. faithless - god is a dj (34)
28. subs - kiss my trance (40)
29. daft punk - rollin' & scratchin' (89)

30. yeah yeah yeahs - heads will roll (a track mix) (nieuw)
31. prodigy - voodoo people (29)
32. felix da housecat - silver screen shower scene (24)
33. boys noize -and down (96)
34. plastikman - spastik (31)
35. energy 52 - cafe del mar (21)
36. booka shade - in white rooms (91)
37. goose - bring it on (95)
38. trentemoller - moan (51)
39. jones & stephenson - the first rebirth (37)

40. age of love - age of love (jam&spoon mix) (30)
41. tiesto - traffic (41)
42. nathan fake - the sky was pink (james holden remix) (39)
43. anne clark - our darkness (49)
44. daft punk - da funk (14)
45. kraftwerk - the robots (63)
46. shameboy - rechoque (nieuw)
47. t99 - anasthasia (85)
48. cj bolland - the prophet (47)
49. delirium - silence (sanctuary mix) (72)
50. prodigy - firestarter (78)

51. fatboy slim - right here, right now (68)
52. tiga - you gonna want me (48)
53. pendulum - blood sugar (nieuw)
54. prodigy - out of space (38)
55. aphex twin - windowlicker (17)
56. underworld - rez (36)
57. daft punk - one more time (23)
58. robin s - show me love (28)
59. tiga - sunglasses at night (32)
60. samantha fu - theme from discotheque (59)

61. public energy - three o three (nieuw)
62. thunderball - bonzai channel one (90)
63. felix - don't you want me (82)
64. chemical brothers - galvanize (nieuw)
65. justice - phantom part 2 (61)
66. basement jaxx - where's your head at (71)
67. black strobe - italian fireflies (67)
68. leila k - open sesame (35)
69. faithless - salva mea (nieuw)
70. dave clarke - southside (53)

71. orbital - the box (54)
72. front 242 - no shuffle (77)
73. technotronic - pump up the jam (25)
74. amnesia - ibiza (97)
75. daft punk - rock 'n roll (nieuw)
76. joey beltram - energy flash (84)
77. faithless - we come one (nieuw)
78. emmanuel top - acid phase (98)
79. kraftwerk - radioactivity (nieuw)
80. armand van helden - you don't know me (81)

81. dizzee rascal - bonkers (nieuw)
82. oxia - domino (nieuw)
83. donna summer - i feel love (42)
84. roger sanchez - another chance (nieuw)
85. zombie nation - kernkraft 400 (26)
86. djuma soundsystem - les djinns (86)
87. outlander - the vamp (88)
88. front 242 – headhunter (64)
89. ecstasy club - jesus loves the acid (66)

90. green velvet - lala land (75)
91. laurent garnier - crispy bacon (50)
92. paul kalkbrenner - sky & sand (nieuw)
93. tocadisco - morumbi (nieuw)
94. the knife - heartbeats (rex the dog remix) (100)
95. the neon judgement - tv treated (65)
96. massive attack - unfinished sympathy (57)
97. justice - d.a.n.c.e. (73)
98. proxy - raven (nieuw)
99. inner city - good life (76)
100. stardust - music sounds better with you (69)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #752 on: 18 October 2010, 00:50:50 »
ReplyReply

Koen,

I am all into interesting music, and you posted a good part.

With all due respect (to you and all), touch your nose on how you yourself treat posts here:

Do you really think someone will be sitting in front of his comp,  listening to 30+ minutes music (that he might like or not) when following this thread (boy, I am happy you post this stuff, I like to be *taught* about music, even if I think I have heard it all there is always stuff that is new...)? I dont know, but I know if it hzad not been for a lazy Sunday night I would have missed the one track I liked...

As a photographer you obviously know where to reduce information to make impact, my suggestion is to let yourself be guided by this ability and just produce max two songs per day, more chance you will be listenend to in your "teachings".

Again, just to avoid confusion, I *like* input of stuff I never before listened to (and this thread does perfectly in the respect), but personally I got limited time and can only listen to so many songs...

I think one piece a day would get you more audience, but maybe that is just me, keep them songs coming... I always have the idea of this music channel, live broadcast, in mind, which songs will you chose as boss if you have half an hour a week? See where I am coming from?

OK, this said, you want to be taugh, and by nation, here goes Spanish music history, finally a reason to start my "Spanish Modern Music" rant!  smallclap

For starters here a vid fom probably the late 70s, it starts out with kids and was grabbbed on a normal weekend (Gipsy) family reunion.

Of the kids and the adolescents you see in the vid (all the adults incl. "Aunt Encarna", who is singing, should by now in their late 60s or early 70s if still alive...) at least 5 are the backbone today of modern Spanish rock/pop music, take a close look, I will later present them in detail.

Anyway, here goes: TVE in the 70s produced a documentary about the "Rock of the Gypsies", a normal family reunion with people like you and me, producing such music, that is Spain for you (father, uncle and aunt of Raimundo Amador guitar and voice):

The first part of what Tia Encarna (Aunt Encarna) is singing (actually she is constructing the lyrics on the fly, part of the art) translates as follows (NOTE: None of those was a professional musician, just a family composed of ppl like you and me):

Primavera de mis veinte años / In the spring of my twenties
relicario de mi juventud / reliquary of my youth
que yo he tenido un cariño ignorado / It is that I have had an ignored love
en el sueño yo se que eres tu / in my dream I know that it is "you"
Cuantas veces he rogado al destino / How often did I plead to destiny
ser escalvo de mi sueño azul / to be (able to be) slave of my wet (blue) dreams
ahora ser lo que cuesta un cariño / (by) now I know what it costs to find love
yo no puedo con mi mi? esclavitud / and I cannot live on anymore in (with) my slavery

quisiera amarte menos / I wanted to love you less
no verte más quisiera / Not to even see you anymore, I wanted
salvarme de esta hoguera / to save me from this household
que no puedo resistir / where I cannot resist.
no quiero este cariño / I dont want this love
que no me da descanso / that does not give me space to breathe
sin ti la paz no alcanzo / without you I dont find peace
y lejos no se vivir / but away from you I dont know to live
quisiera amarte menos / I really wanted to love you less
porque esto ya no es vida / because this is not life
mi vida esta perdia / mi life is a mess
de tanto quererte /for loving you so much
no se si necesito / I dont know whether I need to
tenerte o perderte / have you or lose you
yo se que te querio / I know that I love you,
más de lo que he podio / more than I was capable to bear...
quisiera amarte menos / I wanted to love you less
buscando en el olvido / looking for peace in forgeting you
y en vez de amarte menos / but instead of loving you less
te quiero mucho más / I love you much more...

Here the TVE documentary from Franco times (with the before mentioned kids that later revolutionized Spanish Rock/Pop, NOTE the exlamaton of somebody "La Pata Negra" which 10 yrs later made the name of the most impactive band ever in Spain after the dictatorship). This aunty truly is a lady *I* would like to meet even in her 70s, what stories she could share...!? :

Tia encarna " Quisiera amarte menos"

What a great sense of music, rhythm, and family, all there to take, smiles all over the faces, a deep satisfaction of joining voices, a well where only better things could spring off, the feeling I had when singing in the choir, and then I see it in this land I did not know before, and it is not even religious but RL...!

That is Spain for you, we still - music wise - live from the energy released at this barbecue (of a "pata Negra" pig) afternoon til today.

Sorry its not electronic, more to come...

Rattler
« Last Edit: 18 October 2010, 01:48:58 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 18 October 2010, 12:26:27 »
ReplyReply

Do you really think someone will be sitting in front of his comp,  listening to 30+ minutes music (that he might like or not) when following this thread (boy, I am happy you post this stuff, I like to be *taught* about music, even if I think I have heard it all there is always stuff that is new...)? I dont know, but I know if it hzad not been for a lazy Sunday night I would have missed the one track I liked...

As a photographer you obviously know where to reduce information to make impact, my suggestion is to let yourself be guided by this ability and just produce max two songs per day, more chance you will be listenend to in your "teachings".

Grijns ... I did post 3 videos but these 3 were only about 2 songs so I did it within your adviced limits  hihi

and yes, maybe it comes over wrongly when we/I use the word 'teach' or so but that's not how it's intended, I just feel that people mostly only listen to what they know... which is perhaps 10% of what is out there...  Onbeslist

and sure.... right about those important music ages between 15-20 there was an overwhelming mass of electronic music near me so I am influenced by it where other people aren't  Rollende ogen
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: 18 October 2010, 23:24:57 »
ReplyReply

NP, mate... I know how we all tick... Some more, some even more so....  Brede lach

Here goes on the requested teaching about national music (I guess ppl who go teaching also understand listening?), more  Spanish stuff, from the same barbecue afternoon that I talked about in my last post...

A 14 yrs old kid there, not having anything better to do (but being the best guitarist of the family), plays a guitar with a "Black Foot" (Pata Negra) leg of the pork that just got barbecued...; again, the moment when something special was born, and, as it was ´70s when others fought in Vietnam, there today we have vids that documented this historic moment that sort of set up modern Spanish music until today).

Actually the kid (Raimundo Amador) was not the main act but quite in the background, when the TVE crew grabbed the event it was more for the uncle, who had slaughtered and prepared the pig and was prominent with his "I slaughter any pig" dance moves that are so typicall for Southern Spain and for being an Andaluz Gypsy, truly no woman can resist this prepotency (in the good sense, of course), nobody at that time could know or precict (hats off to the journo who obviously did!  hatsoff) that this kid just a few years later would invent what today is known as "Spanish Rock" and at the same time revolutionize the way people looked at music overall (chronologically, this vid was before the before posted "Tia Encarna" song...):

La mano de cerdo ("pig hand": Reference to "slow hand" Eric Clapton)

Rattler
« Last Edit: 18 October 2010, 23:45:34 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 19 October 2010, 19:16:23 »
ReplyReply

Noelle (age 9) sings Hurt from Christina Aguilera

breathtaking  congrats

Christina Aguilera - Hurt
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 21 October 2010, 17:53:19 »
ReplyReply

Here goes on the requested teaching about national music (I guess ppl who go teaching also understand listening?), more  Spanish stuff, from the same barbecue afternoon that I talked about in my last post...

A 14 yrs old kid there, not having anything better to do (but being the best guitarist of the family), plays a guitar with a "Black Foot" (Pata Negra) leg of the pork that just got barbecued...; again, the moment when something special was born, and, as it was ´70s when others fought in Vietnam, there today we have vids that documented this historic moment that sort of set up modern Spanish music until today).

Actually the kid (Raimundo Amador) was not the main act but quite in the background, when the TVE crew grabbed the event it was more for the uncle, who had slaughtered and prepared the pig and was prominent with his "I slaughter any pig" dance moves that are so typicall for Southern Spain and for being an Andaluz Gypsy, truly no woman can resist this prepotency (in the good sense, of course), nobody at that time could know or precict (hats off to the journo who obviously did!  hatsoff) that this kid just a few years later would invent what today is known as "Spanish Rock" and at the same time revolutionize the way people looked at music overall (chronologically, this vid was before the before posted "Tia Encarna" song...):

YEAH YEAH... I heard you  smallclap

enjoyable video which shows the difference between the 'cold' and the 'warm' countries.... which is the body that follows the music... the rhythm IN the body....
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 21 October 2010, 17:57:56 »
ReplyReply

Here the TVE documentary from Franco times (with the before mentioned kids that later revolutionized Spanish Rock/Pop, NOTE the exlamaton of somebody "La Pata Negra" which 10 yrs later made the name of the most impactive band ever in Spain after the dictatorship). This aunty truly is a lady *I* would like to meet even in her 70s, what stories she could share...!? :

Tia encarna " Quisiera amarte menos"

What a great sense of music, rhythm, and family, all there to take, smiles all over the faces, a deep satisfaction of joining voices, a well where only better things could spring off, the feeling I had when singing in the choir, and then I see it in this land I did not know before, and it is not even religious but RL...!

That is Spain for you, we still - music wise - live from the energy released at this barbecue (of a "pata Negra" pig) afternoon til today.

Sorry its not electronic, more to come...

Rattler

sorry? you really wanna tease me  Grijns

again, it's unimaginable that in the 'cold' countries people enjoy and dance with the music like this...

I do try to share my love for music but it's hard to find people here that enjoy music, that are interested... here in the colder countries we have a TV-mentality... which leaves with nothing... parents don't give music edudation to their children and this leads to new generations who only enjoy music in their cars or the disco... sad but true

I'm planning to invite some guys from work at home for a music session.... along with beers, whiskey and schnabbels  hihi
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 21 October 2010, 18:07:24 »
ReplyReply

schnabbels

What are/is Scnabbels?  consufsed5

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: 21 October 2010, 18:16:54 »
ReplyReply

sounds like something to eat, from the noise the word makes when pronounced probably something dry and crispy...?

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Pages:  1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 35960734 | Sitemap