28 March 2024, 09:21:12 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 473588 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: 25 March 2010, 00:47:27 »
ReplyReply

Had completely forgotten about this one, found it on the page of a friend:

Kill Bill - dont let me be misunderstood

Enjoy,

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: 6 April 2010, 23:23:30 »
ReplyReply

Another long forgotten gem from my vinyl section, 1985, the music starts about 10 seconds into the video, your speakers and comp are ok, don´t worry... (those vinyls need a bit head way). Today as dancable as then, enjoy the fantastic bass roll with the volume turned up, vinyl is not digi and not as dynamic.

Manu Dibango - Pata Piya 12" [Extended Version]

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 7 April 2010, 18:17:54 »
ReplyReply

Joy Division - She's Lost Control

eternal, nothing else like it....very deep
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: 8 April 2010, 22:15:51 »
ReplyReply

Joy Division - She's Lost Control

eternal, nothing else like it....very deep

No sound here. EDIT: My quipment...

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #624 on: 8 April 2010, 22:45:52 »
ReplyReply

Billboards during vietnam war years:

http://www.chairborneranger.com/top100/top100-vietnamyears.htm

Rattler

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: 21 April 2010, 19:13:16 »
ReplyReply

Back again, hi everybody

Suicidal Tendencies - Waking The Dead HQ

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 21 April 2010, 19:24:00 »
ReplyReply

Jimi Hendrix - Stockholm - The Wind Cries Mary (live 1967)

« Last Edit: 24 April 2010, 16:03:13 by FACman » Logged
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: 21 April 2010, 19:45:24 »
ReplyReply

Boy, we really need you: No way I could *ever* find such stuff!  champ

Glad you are back!

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #628 on: 21 April 2010, 19:48:59 »
ReplyReply

No dinosaurs anywhere near here, right? Knipoog

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 21 April 2010, 20:41:29 »
ReplyReply

no  clever

this week it was on TV, a docu about the making of Electric Ladyland : SUPER  smallclap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Ladyland)

Little Miss Strange by. The Jimi Hendrix Experience

all his albums have been remastered...I'm waiting for 1 box with all the albums before I buy them...I'm very patient when it come too buying albums/boxes
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 23 April 2010, 11:11:42 »
ReplyReply

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

Brede lach Brede lach :DAnne Clark will be performing on September 4th in the nearby city of Diest in Belgium, just a few km's from my home  Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach

woohoo with an outdoor midnight concert in a park woohoo

and 2 months later she'll perform in Gent, my town of birth 135km away, also in Belgium  iconclap

so I'll see her twice this year  bravoclap
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: 23 April 2010, 21:15:38 »
ReplyReply

...in Gent, my town of birth...

I had figured already that you had something Spanish about you, now we have it clear by evidence. Genes!  hihi

After 1500 Ghent was the (summer) capital of the Spanish Empire, Charles V. was born there, and his son, Philip II established Catolicism there again during the Religious Wars. Later, under the archdukes Albert and Isabella, Gent flourished almost to old grandness (at one time before it had been the 2nd biggest city of Europe after Paris). I have been there quite a few times, the Spanish life style still is vastly impregnated on the city, completely different from Brussels or Antwerp (which is not far away, but at the time mentioned was on the "other" side of the frontier).

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 24 April 2010, 09:39:10 »
ReplyReply

totally off-topic  whistle

I had figured already that you had something Spanish about you, now we have it clear by evidence. Genes!  hihi

After 1500 Ghent was the (summer) capital of the Spanish Empire, Charles V. was born there, and his son, Philip II established Catolicism there again during the Religious Wars. Later, under the archdukes Albert and Isabella, Gent flourished almost to old grandness (at one time before it had been the 2nd biggest city of Europe after Paris). I have been there quite a few times, the Spanish life style still is vastly impregnated on the city, completely different from Brussels or Antwerp (which is not far away, but at the time mentioned was on the "other" side of the frontier).
Rattler

Ghent has indeed a VERY rich history

http://www.visitgent.be/eCache/VGG/3/114.dmdfbGFuZz1FTg.html

National Geographic Traveler Magazine places Ghent third in its global ranking of authentic destinations!

National Geographic Traveler Magazine is a reference for anyone who enjoys travel, fine photography and insightful journalism. At the end of November 2008, the magazine published a top 109 of the most authentic destinations worldwide. The historic city centre of Ghent ranked third!

What a surprise! Not that Ghent is an authentic, real city filled with excellently preserved buildings, monuments and art treasures, but the real surprise is that the city is recognised for these qualities! And there’s more. Ghent is praised for its “brilliant mix of a wonderful past and a contemporary, vibrant city”.

Ghent can boast the title of highest-ranking city, being preceded only by Austria’s Wachau Valley and the area around the Rideau Canal in Ontario, Canada. In Ghent’s wake are prestigious destinations such as Lyon, York, Dublin, Istanbul, Cape Town, Munich and many others.

look here for historical buildings and locations: http://www.visitgent.be/eCache/VGG/3/207.dmdfbGFuZz1FTg.html

Old St Elizabeth Beguinage: Ghent has no fewer than three authentic beguinages, all of which are recognised by UNESCO as world heritage sites. This is one of them. Though it is no longer walled and thus became part of the city, it still has a unique atmosphere. Furthermore, it is now more than ever a place of religious tolerance since it contains no fewer than four different churches: Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant and Anglican.

Graslei and Korenlei: Ask ten inhabitants of Ghent what the most beautiful place in their city is and nine will answer the Graslei. Today this medieval port with its unique row of historical buildings, which are reflected in the long river, is the meeting place par excellence. Young and old, inhabitant and visitor, everyone meets on one of the many café patios or simply by the water. This is the thriving heart of the inner city.
The house of the Grain Weighers, the Guildhall of the Free Boatmen, the Spijker… every house on the Graslei has its own history. Together they form the story of the incredible blossoming of Ghent’s economy during the Middle Ages. On the other side of the water is the Korenlei. All that remains of some of the original buildings is the outer walls! Behind them is a brand new hotel.

Leien googlemap:
" width="425px" height="350px" /><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=nl&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Graslei,+Gent,+Vlaams+Gewest,+Belgi%C3%AB&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=51.443116,135.263672&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=Graslei&amp;hnear=Graslei,+9000+Gent,+Belgi%C3%AB&amp;ll=51.055221,3.72105&amp;spn=0.005031,0.020599&amp;t=h&amp;z=17" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=nl&amp;geocode=&amp;q=Graslei,+Gent,+Vlaams+Gewest,+Belgi%C3%AB&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=51.443116,135.263672&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=Graslei&amp;hnear=Graslei,+9000+Gent,+Belgi%C3%AB&amp;ll=51.055221,3.72105&amp;spn=0.005031,0.020599&amp;t=h&amp;z=17</a>

Graslei vooravond Gentse Feesten 2009

nice video on both Leien; left and right of the river, the lighting is especially for the buildings, the extras are there because of the date, each year end July there are 10 days of festivities in Ghent
Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #633 on: 25 April 2010, 08:33:53 »
ReplyReply

Rattler

Hats off

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: 25 April 2010, 23:37:34 »
ReplyReply

Back to topic: Ghent has a nice music festival every year, Spanish accents that I detect in the two trailers intended:

Ghent Festival 2009

Anybody remembers "Lady Lynn" and her "Magnificent Seven"?

Gentse Feesten 2009 - Lady Linn - Polé Polé

Rattler
« Last Edit: 25 April 2010, 23:44:10 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 26 April 2010, 18:52:19 »
ReplyReply

those videos are doing their best to convince me to go to Ghent this summer  smallclap

the oldest music on the Gentse Feesten is 'kleinkunst'.... Dutch/Flemish spoken...easy listening

they have their own, very popular spot on the festival

Willem Vermandere: Bange blankeman

Raymond Gentse Feesten 2009
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: 27 April 2010, 13:57:48 »
ReplyReply

The Eagles - take it easy:

Take It Easy-The Eagles (Live)

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: 27 April 2010, 20:26:10 »
ReplyReply

That´s a nice one!

Along those lines, I think the East European youngsters have the edge on us with that type of rock:

Tracktor Bowling "The Edge" Russian Rock Music

I have had a bet at the time of the wall fall in 89, that in 20 years (2009) we will see a lot of creative music from there that will beat anything the West put up before (you decide whether I was right), here another example of what I had been waiting for:

Russian Rock at its best: Pushking.

Enjoy, or not.

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 5 May 2010, 18:16:04 »
ReplyReply

text

great song, fabulous lady-singer (both voice and looks)...saw them live last thursday....great show  champ

video
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: 13 May 2010, 00:47:07 »
ReplyReply

Today had to - just had to! Smiley - join in a choir that was performing gospels here at our beach, I had so long forgotten how it felt to sing in a choir... Myself, I am bariton, halfway between (but closer to first) bass and tenor, nothing as cleansing as feeling the vibrations of your own voice in unison/counterpart with other human voices.

Here what I had to chime in to today, didnt find anything really close despite being hundreds of versions of the song on the net, so take it just as an idea:

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot By Etta James

The Golden Gate Quartet: Swing Down Chariot

Rattler
« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 01:01:11 by Rattler » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44151428 | Sitemap