18 May 2024, 19:07:01 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 489886 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2 January 2010, 19:18:57 »
ReplyReply

great buy: 5€ for 3 Vangelis cd-albums: Albedo 0.39 / Beaubourg / Spiral

some clips, enjoy:

To The Unknown man Vangelis-Spiral 1977

Vangelis - Spiral [stereo]

Pulstar - Vangelis
Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: 2 January 2010, 21:07:43 »
ReplyReply

ay, Soli, always flirting with Sky searching the best music for her... Smiley

Rattler

Have you heard that noise sounding like "boing, boing" in stereo?Huh? It was my bollocks....

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: 3 January 2010, 01:45:35 »
ReplyReply

Elton John-I gues that's why they call it the blues

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: 4 January 2010, 04:52:04 »
ReplyReply

According to You - Orianthi with Lyrics

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 4 January 2010, 05:12:23 »
ReplyReply

Every time I feel I can't go on....that I'm out of strength...I listen to this....sigh....
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 4 January 2010, 20:07:10 »
ReplyReply

Every time I feel I can't go on....that I'm out of strength...I listen to this....sigh....

no title neither artist and 'blocked in my country'

Jilly, one of my preferred 'Elton' songs
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 4 January 2010, 20:13:03 »
ReplyReply

having a discussion on another forum with a guy who found U2 annoying I wanted to share this one from their last album.

I entered that discussion because I wanted to know WHY he found them annoying but at the end never got a satisfying answer....

I'm not a blind fan...but don't say bullsh*** like "don't know why but they annoy me"...

U2 - Moment of Surrender (Unofficial E°89 Single Mix)
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: 4 January 2010, 20:44:01 »
ReplyReply

One of my favorites too,  Koen.  There used to be a really good video that went with it,  can't find it now though.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 4 January 2010, 21:01:01 »
ReplyReply

dutch spoken from the best Dutch-spoken rapband Osdorp Posse  urock

Osdorp Posse Zie je de cyclus
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: 4 January 2010, 22:32:10 »
ReplyReply

no title neither artist and 'blocked in my country'

Jilly, one of my preferred 'Elton' songs

blocked here in Spain also for "containing contents of Vevo" what/whoever that is...

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: 4 January 2010, 22:42:33 »
ReplyReply

For those who enterd later in the thread, like Solideo, Mike and Sky, and did not have time yet to review it in total this piece (I was discussing Finnish Films with a bloke tonight at our traditional sunset-watching-drink and remembered I had an article about this fictious, artificial, but best ever live show band I have had a chance to see perform on our thread; seems strange that only 9 month have passed since then? I actually found out again that we have a *lot* of interesting, different and stimulating music here!):

The article, really liked re-reading it though it took an hour with all the vids: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/the-lounge-get-a-beer-go-off-topic/the-omnipresent-currently-playing-%28music%29-thread/msg3659/#msg3659

Todays excerpt piece, for Solideo (boy, have those guys gone fat in the last 15 yrs...!  Grijns):

From the "Total Balalaika Show" 2003 (and for Uriah Heep to learn from): Leningrad Cowboys - Easy Livin` cover

If you ever get a chance to see them, forget the tickets price, you having a great concert where you come home absolutely shattered, exhausted from dancing your lungs out and with a big smile on your face is guaranteed, this one for both FACMan & Koen:

#6 - Leningrad Cowboys & Russian Red Army Choir - "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" / "Oh, Field"

And, country they can also (but they do their own R+B thingy with everything they get into their fingers  Grijns: playing a Hurriganes cover  feat. Maya Paakkari ), this one for Jilly:

Leningrad Cowboys - Slippin` And Slidin`

Rattler
« Last Edit: 4 January 2010, 23:09:26 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: 5 January 2010, 04:12:50 »
ReplyReply

Maybe I was wrong with that LC piece posted above for Solideo, but *this one* will certainly hit home with you, buddy (nd maybe with Sky?):

Leningrad Cowboys - Let There Be Rock (AC/DC cover)

Enjoy,

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: 5 January 2010, 19:49:20 »
ReplyReply

To change topic in those US driven PC times (and, partially, to come back *to* forum topic), and, additionally, as I as German *hate* really everything he stood for ("all the mothers in the fatherland, want you to have a baby, I have got me a PLAN!..." or, "lets have a little Nazi party..." Smiley ). What better way, then to ridicule him a bit (not forgetting the 60.000.000 ppl that died between ´33 and ´45 because of his presumption...!):

"My name is Adolph, I am on the mike!": To Be or Not To Be! (Mel Brooks hitting the nail on the head!)

And:

nicey Adolf Hitler Rap

(For this one, dont worry of the imprint, not a WaT stance, those "kids", white as they might be, didnt realize what stuff is about, the song is out there on various stubs, but this one is the best quality): "I am done with burning people and jews, it is all about burning CD´s!" Smiley :

H. I. T. L. E. R. composition

Enjoy, or not (ready for the thought police!),

Rattler
« Last Edit: 5 January 2010, 22:41:25 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: 5 January 2010, 21:24:16 »
ReplyReply

Strange.  The last one is kind of funny, in a way.  I've never seen anything like it before.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: 5 January 2010, 22:37:07 »
ReplyReply

From my POV #1 is the best, then #2... Maybe should have ordered them in reverse order (or, maybe you didnt look at *all* of them? I have hunch I know your peraonal sligthtly "skimming the headlines" attitude when I see it  Grijns? - ok, this was personal, ignore...  reddevil)

But, maybe you just missed this one before?: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/the-lounge-get-a-beer-go-off-topic/funny-videospictures!/msg11424/#new (the f***ing "!" destroys it all, you will have to copy the *whole* URL (up to including the "#new")and then paste it into the adress field of your broser, else you will just end up in the funny vids section!)

From what I learned in the chat, correcting my input re: LC´s country input (scroll up three posts) and presenting this one for a multiple wish of a single lady  congrats, Again the best ever live Show Band, LC´s (and as an extra for our Forum Angel "There must be an Angel"! - as all promo shots this one is not the best, almost seems §Good Mornig America" tried to make it come over amateurish... Who can perform at 0700 in the morning if he is a rocker?? - , check the 2nd below for what *I* consider the best version):

Leningrad Cowboys -Sweet Home Alabama,There Must Be An Angel

Red Russian Army Choir & Leningrad Cowboys (External Embedding Disabled)

Rattler
« Last Edit: 5 January 2010, 23:20:35 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: 5 January 2010, 23:56:27 »
ReplyReply

Mylady, if we are supposed to go down that long country lane, here my proposals:

Blues Brothers - Rawhide

Blues Brothers - Ghost Riders in the Sky

My two favorite country (or Western?) versions... Smiley

Rattler

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: 5 January 2010, 23:57:57 »
ReplyReply

Thanks for the song,  Rattler.  But I think I prefer the real country one.  The one from the movie.

I just LOVE  John Lennon.  Here's one that I like:

Stand by me: 

John Lennon stand by me

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: 6 January 2010, 00:02:32 »
ReplyReply

ooh..yes.  The blues brothers sound good!

Here's another John Lennon  that I like,  (sorry for the downbeat feel about it,  but once in a while we need to stop and think about these things:

Imagine (External Embedding Disabled)

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: 6 January 2010, 00:03:55 »
ReplyReply

Let it be:

The Beatles - Let it be

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: 6 January 2010, 01:48:59 »
ReplyReply

Jilly, what great music that I hadn´t listned to for a long time... Thanks for sharing and reminding´(though I find it a bit - much, actually - disconcerting that the song , the movments and the lip lyrics of the Beatles have nothing to do with the song: Listening, great!; Watching: Abyss...).  smallclap

Here my "Stand By Me" version, from the "Playing For Change" Project (worthwile: http://playingforchange.com/)

Stand By Me | Playing For Change | Song Around the World

Enjoy and sleep well, Princess!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 January 2010, 01:59:43 by Rattler » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44875003 | Sitemap