19 April 2024, 23:07:51 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 477854 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: 20 January 2011, 21:58:02 »
ReplyReply

tx, R.

I liked this one commentary on the Tube, couldabeen by me:

This is likely what the first land organism heard as he struggled out of the waters of his primordial ooze, and thus? it is the sound of evolution.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #881 on: 21 January 2011, 22:00:22 »
ReplyReply

I read it, but I dont believe it: 30 (!!!!) fucking years!!?? Who moved the clock without telling  me?

Sounds like "Youre old, mate!"... *Very* old...!  Bedroefd

Anyway, seems like yesterday that we bass freaks all wanted to learn to play Mark Kings´ thumb "slapping" style, a revelation at the time (though used before), here goes to the rockers that never die! (low level, turn up a bit to enjoy fully):

Level 42 Love Games Live at Reading

Today, of course, this technique is well distributed even with newbies, check this bass line (one of my favorites, single thumb):

E slap bass lesson ES02

Enjoy,

Rattler
« Last Edit: 21 January 2011, 22:25:13 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 21 January 2011, 23:10:19 »
ReplyReply

Level 42? yep, we are getting old (don't get me wrong, I do like Level 42)

this evening I listened/watched U2's Rattle and Hum AGAIN

The Joshua Tree and 'Rattle and Hum' are for me THE highlights for U2

you hear their passion, their love for gospel, blues and rock

B.B. King & The Beatles

passion, love and anger... it's all in Rattle and Hum

got the VHS, got the DVD and need to get the Blu-Ray (wanna buy me a present?)

Helter Skelter - Van Diemen's Land

Bad

Silver & Gold
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #883 on: 21 January 2011, 23:45:36 »
ReplyReply

Now, that is music! ...  for old people... Brede lach

Youre also not as young as you might feel, methinks... Time doesnt pardon anybody (did you say something about GRANDchildren recently?  Brede lach)

I will in the early morning hours start a long thread about the 100 open air concerts we had here yesterday on our annual "Sant Sebastian" holiday festivities in Palma - our christmas holidays, aftzer 6 weeks of constant fiestas now officially are finally over on Monday -  (got it ready and published in Spanish, translation and looking up vids will take some 4 hours or so), so expect a bit of flooding on the thread, but I promise it will be interesting for people that dont know where to spend a nice week in the mid of January tourist wise, and a true "secret tip" for next year.

Rattler

TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: 22 January 2011, 08:32:02 »
ReplyReply

Monty might like those, I just stumbled over them accidentally: Never new they made music in New Zealand!  Grijns

Those guys sure are different: "The flight of the Conchords"

"You don't have to be a Prostitute" - Flight of the Conchords

"Fashion is Danger" - Flight of the Conchords

Flight of the Conchords - Rhymnocerous vs Hiphopopotumus

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #885 on: 24 January 2011, 23:48:23 »
ReplyReply

A well known song, presented differently from Hawai: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole 

OFFICIAL Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo?ole (External Embedding Disabled)

Enjoy,

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #886 on: 4 February 2011, 23:36:24 »
ReplyReply

Something completely different, out of my usual scope, but maybe to Koens liking. I got stubbed on this by a Bosnian friend and find it well worrthwile posting:

Syntheticsax Javi Reina Alex Guerrero - Oig SAX

Enjoy,

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 5 February 2011, 10:48:59 »
ReplyReply

Something completely different, out of my usual scope, but maybe to Koens liking. I got stubbed on this by a Bosnian friend and find it well worrthwile posting:

Syntheticsax Javi Reina Alex Guerrero - Oig SAX
Enjoy,
Rattler

ha, whatever makes me happy on a saturdaymorning is A ok for me....

reminds me ofcourse of THE original

dj

Guru Josh - Infinity (original full video)

bouncechain
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #888 on: 6 February 2011, 22:09:50 »
ReplyReply

And again we lost a musician who was on my list with his music for certain dreamy times:

Gary Moore (ex Thin Lizzy) has died today here in Spain, in a hotel of the Costa del Sol at the age of 58, apparently from a heart attack. R.I.P.

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues in Montreux HQ Live 1990 Legendado

Gary Moore - Walking by myself

Turn your volume a bit down for this one:

BB King / Gary Moore - The Thrill is Gone

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 February 2011, 22:30:20 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 7 February 2011, 19:22:57 »
ReplyReply

sad sad thing

I clearly remember the time when his 2 hits were played... damn... great loss...

got THE cd in my collection... will play it with a good cigar and some whiskey... may you find a guitar in heaven my friend  Onbeslist

no videos now... sad story
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #890 on: 13 February 2011, 09:16:02 »
ReplyReply

currently on the television, nice for a sunday morning:

Adolfo Delgado en " La sexta"

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 13 February 2011, 10:51:17 »
ReplyReply

currently listening to:

Code:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBbMbKSZrQ#ws]Kings Of Leon - Radioactive[/url]

Code:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0tMOpKmgs#noexternalembed-ws](HD) Kings of Leon - "Radioactive" 10/23 SNL (TheAudioPerv.com)[/url]

3rd try:

Kings of Leon - Radioactive lyrics

3rd version ok now?
« Last Edit: 13 February 2011, 15:27:38 by Koen » Logged
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #892 on: 13 February 2011, 15:18:59 »
ReplyReply

Koen,

"This video includes content of Vevo, so it has been blocked to listening in your country for motives of copyright".

Sorry, mate, find a version that is not blocked (I have tried with IPs from UK, US and AU, same story). See my PM for a solution to the problem if you dont find a free-to-display version.

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: 14 February 2011, 00:36:35 »
ReplyReply

Here a sound I had never heard before, interesting. The future? Maybe not, but it shows what anybody can do with just a Mac and Garage Band:

Common Dominator - Sleepy Piano

Enjoy, or not!

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #894 on: 14 February 2011, 22:26:18 »
ReplyReply

OK, Valentines day again, this year this one is my choice (for my gal, I have more ample choices to address men, for widows, for widowers, for separees, etc).

A bit of a stupid song, but as we had the theme discussed here on WaT and as for some days I cannot get it out of my head (earworm, implanted from one of the morning music programs we have here between 0430 and 0600 every day), translation by yours truly.:

Que fue de aquel Caballero, que de pequeña me hablaron / What happened to this knight they told me about when I was small
De aquel romántico Hidalgo que luchó desesperado, / to this romantic nobleman who fought desperately,
Desubicado en el tiempo, por conquistar un pasado / desorientated in time, for conquering a past
Por vivir en un presente, por no morir desterrado, / to live in a present, to not die in exile
Por no morir desterrado. / to not to die in exile

Caballero Enamorado, de un amor que vive preso / Knight in love, prisoner of a love who lives
En un reloj que está parado, / in a clock that has stopped
Donde nunca hubo presente, ni futuro, ni pasado, / (who lives) where never existed present, nor future, nor past
Donde la guerra fue viento de un molino abandonado. / where war was wind from an abandoned mill.

Caballero Enamorado, de una mujer, de un te quiero, / knight in love, of a woman who does not love you
De un rocinante cansado, / of a "Rosinante" that is tired
De un sabio que de escudero siempre cabalgó a su lado, / of a wise man that as body guard always travels at your side
De una Dulcinea perdida, de un amor imaginado. / of a lost "Dulcinea", of an imagined love...

Que fue de aquel Caballero al que dicen me parezco / What happened to this knight of whom they say I am like him
Alonso Quijote, hermano, tanto honor yo no merezco / Alonso Quijote, brother, I dont deserve so much honor
Buscando a mi Dulcinea, me identifico contigo, / searching for my Dulcinea I identify with you
Quijote mi gran maestro, Alonso mi buen amigo, / Quijote, my great teacher, Alonso, my good friend
Alonso, mi buen amigo. / Alonso, my good friend

Noble Hidalgo equivocado, / Noble nobleman living in a constant error
Que errante busca un destino que pertenece a un pasado, / who in his error searches for a destiny that belongs to a past long ago
Pobre infeliz peregrino, vagabundo enamorado / poor unhappy pilgrim, vagabund in love
De una Dulcinea perdida, de un amor equivocado. / with a lost Dulcinea, of an erroneous love

Caballero Enamorado, de un amor que vive preso / Knight in love, prisoner of a love who lives
En un reloj que está parado, / within a clock that has stopped
Donde nunca hubo presente, ni futuro, ni pasado, / where never existed present, nor future, nor past
Donde la guerra fue viento de un molino abandonado. / where war was just wind of an abandoned mill.

Caballero Enamorado, / knight in love
De un amor imaginado, / in an imagined love
De Béjar Enamorado. / From "Bejar" and in love...

caballero enamorado

Are those not nice lyrics? And an "earworm" tune...!

*I* at least, yes, I can identify with him....

Enjoy,

Rattler

« Last Edit: 14 February 2011, 22:36:40 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: 15 February 2011, 22:52:18 »
ReplyReply

Never knew there existed an English version of this beautiful NDW song of my early 80s... While you can hear the German aaccent of the (German) singer Peter Schilling I find this a great portation to English, much better than others who tried the same, the beauty is preserved:

Major Tom (Coming Home) English

Enjoy,

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 16 February 2011, 18:59:29 »
ReplyReply

currently listening to:

Deep Purple - Made in Japan (the remastered edition)

maybe this time Rattler will agree 100% that this is one of THE albums ?  hahahihi

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: 16 February 2011, 20:06:43 »
ReplyReply

100%!

"Made in Japan" was the first *album* I ever bought (my first single was Beatles - "Michelle"), because before the early 70s I only had a (Grundig "Majestic") record player part of a radio/turntable combo as in the picture below - radio and amp all vacuum tubes and needed replacing some off and on - that could just do 78 and 45 (the below 30yrs old ones here wont even faintly know what I am talking about). The great thing was that you could stack singles, and he would play them one after the other (15 IIRC). Also, the radio had SW, and I spent more than one night hidden under the sheets with earphones listening to and transcribimng military morse code transmissions when a kid (and learnt to "hear" up to around 120, which later served me well in the FSK. Still today can hear 80+).

Rattler
« Last Edit: 16 February 2011, 20:13:34 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #898 on: 16 February 2011, 21:03:30 »
ReplyReply

While searching as TechAdmin the whole thread to prepare the ultimate "WaT Music Mix" playlist I stumbled on page 110 of this thread over this song, but I like this version better (the other one, from the movie, got deleted anyway), well worth a post:

You broke my heart cause I couldnt dance
You didnt even want me around
But now Im back
To show you I can really shake em down

Do you love me (I can really move)
Do you love me (Im in the groove)
Do you love me (do you love me)
Now that I can dance
Watch me now

(work, work) now work it out baby
(work, work) oh, youre driving me crazy
(work, work) with a little bit of soul now

Well I can mash potato (I can mash potato)
I can do the twist (I can do the twist)
Well do the funky funky chicken (do the funky funky chicken)
Well do you like it like this (do you like it like this)
Tell me (tell me)
Tell me

Now that I can dance
Watch me now

Do you love me baby (Im in the groove)
Now that I can dance
Watch me now

(work, work) now work it out baby
(work, work) Im gonna drive you crazy
(work, work) shake it up shake it up now

Now do you love me (I can really move)

Blues Brothers - Do You Love Me

Rattler

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: 17 February 2011, 10:40:29 »
ReplyReply

MetallicA - Welcome Home (Sanitarium, Subtitulos, Español e Ingles)

Megadeth - Promises (Subtitulos en Español)

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Pages:  1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44456862 | Sitemap