26 July 2021, 18:32:21 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 404660 times)
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: 29 August 2010, 23:55:36 »
ReplyReply

As creoss posting is frowned upon in my book I direct you to a post over there that explains backgrond and how I feel right now (reply #123, you cannot straightforward link to the post, I am afraid): http://sunnyds.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=music&thread=87&page=5

... and add this one timeless beauty, hip-hop meeting 80s street jazz, that´s Groove, man (and I really would not mind meeting Stephanie McKay, her voice "me pone" = "puts me", as we say in Spanish...)!:

Ronny Jordan-Keep your head up

Enjoy, or not!

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: 30 August 2010, 23:05:15 »
ReplyReply

Just so this lady does not get forgotten here:

Amandine Bourgeois - M6 Live - medley Justin Timberlake / Led Zeppelin

Still not superated in 2010 after being my voice revelation in 2008... Smiley

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: 31 August 2010, 08:54:14 »
ReplyReply

Rattler, Rattler... I can notice the little flame of a mistreated heart burning out from that singer with name of wine... Cool

NOw a song a liked since a was better and it´s alternative cover which I like even more now (I will change my opinion as usual in a little time)

Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush

Within Temptation - Running Up That Hill

Cheers everybody, greetings from boiling Spain.

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: 1 September 2010, 07:11:48 »
ReplyReply

Nice find, thanks for sharing!

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 1 September 2010, 19:41:10 »
ReplyReply

saturday it's Anne Clark evening....LIVE nearby for an audience of max 1000 people, outdoor in small amphitheater

Anne Clark - Elegy for a lost summer (album mix)

Anne Clark - The Healing

Anne Clark - Bursting
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 5 September 2010, 17:26:45 »
ReplyReply

what can I say?

I was already pleased to hear that Anne was coming to Diest, a nothing-at-all-important small town in Belgium at 5 km's from my home.
As I already wrote before, the location is a small outdoor auditorium in the middle of a small parc. Unique and cosy.

I went well before time with in my hands a bunch of viny covers.... you never know what could happen...

We arrived at 8PM with 'mini-gate' opening at 9PM and the concert starting around 10PM

Right at our arrival we spotted Anne sitting beside her camper giving an interview.... my knees started shaking....

after the interview she disappeared backstage but I had time on my side so I waited and when she returned I dared to ask 'Anne, do you have a moment?'

She did, 15' long, we had a nice talk about our pets, music, work and her career...she also signed my collection of vinyl covers!

to make the whole experience better the show was also great, all songs in new uptempo beats...the small crowd enjoyed it!

after the show there was a small 'shop' where the fans could buy stuff and I managed to enlarge my collection a bit further.... a couple of minutes later she came to that shop and signed the goodies, she also was willing to pose for some pictures!

so now you understand why I'm floating on a pink cloud at the moment...I'm a fan for over 20 years now so a night like yesterday...well...you know

update: bought tickets for her gig in Gent @ November 18th (http://www.new-wave-classix.be/events/view/141)

here are some pics I & the misses took (not professional but still some good shots)

and a small amateur video:

Anne Clark plays Sleeper in Metropolis at Diest Live Warande 04/09/2010
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: 5 September 2010, 18:04:37 »
ReplyReply

Anne Clark is one of *the* gigs!

Anyway, also had my music night last night:

SYtartiong out iwth Elton John and Andrea Bocelli in Palma (25000 spectators, a real blast despite not being my music), and then later our village festival with all the well known gentlemen of this Music Genious Village that I mentioned before in this thread, from Molly Duncan over Pete Frampton to Bombolo.

One extra were Big&Rich, three of the guys joined the crowd live here )they have taken residenca a few month ago), and they had the Spanish dance orchestra perform some of their classics with them, with the help of Jeff singing (stby 25 secs into the vid to hear the song, rest is INTRODUCTION):

Horses - Save a Horse (ride a cowboy) (External Embedding Disabled)

Anyway, at 0700 the Guardi Civil finally stopped the music and we all had a coffe and went home, big fun overall!

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: 6 September 2010, 00:34:20 »
ReplyReply

The sound of my youth (listening under the covers at night, my father did not like "negro music", so it got banned from home in the open), but this man, long dead now (and severly missed by my generation),  really showed me (on AFN Frankfurt) how to present music, a dream for me ever since.

He did what he liked, no matter what the producers said, played music that was either well known and liked, or hated, just as he thought fit, took it all in and spit it out, and then all with this special voice of his: You could not grab one song of the hit parade, as he was constantly taliking/singing along, hilarious interviews over the phone, but a deep (the deepest!) dedication to music, new, old and revolutionary...

He is the real reason I became a music freak...  Cool

Here´s to you, Wolfman (there will never be another one!)!  Godspeed to you, wherever you now are wrapping it up!

Wolfman Jack Tribute

Wolfman Jack On KRLA

Part 2 Wolfman Jack radio show

The best of his choices, that had me listen to Jazz and Funk first time in my young life, was this kind of shows:

segment of the wolfman jack show

I Ain't Never Seen A White Man - Wolfman Jack 1972 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Enjoy, or not,

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 September 2010, 00:41:21 by Rattler » Logged

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 6 September 2010, 05:02:08 »
ReplyReply

What a memory jogger.
My first exposure to the Wolfman came during my early USMC training at Camp Pendleton, Ca (between LA & San Diego) in 1968. He soon grew to be a favorite of many young Marines preparing for deployment to WESTPAC (Vietnam). Though he had been around for many years before my discovery, his signal wasnt strong enough to reach us in Northern California.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: 6 September 2010, 08:39:30 »
ReplyReply

And, checking out the midnight specials triggered by my Wolfman search, stumbled over this one, also long forgotten, probably a fairly rare piece by them:

kiss midnight special #2

Incredible the dresses !! they wore, also a better guitar than I had associated in memory with their name.

Enjoy

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 6 September 2010, 19:38:03 »
ReplyReply

R.I.P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Edwards_%28musician%29
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11195393

Electric Light Orchestra - Roll Over Beethoven

An early member of 1970s British rock group ELO was killed in a "freak" accident when his van was crushed by a bale of hay, police said.

Cellist Mike Edwards, 62, died instantly in the accident on the A381 in Halwell, Devon, on Friday.

Police believe the 600kg bale fell from a tractor on nearby farmland before rolling on to the road.

Mr Edwards was identified using photos and YouTube footage. He was with the Birmingham band from 1972 to 1975.

The musician, who lived in Totnes, was a founder member of the classical Devon Baroque orchestra.
Friend 'devastated'

"He was simply the nicest guy and a brilliant musician," Angus Gordon, the chairman of Devon Baroque, told BBC News.

"He was capable of turning his hand to any type of music at all.

"He taught the cello and his incredible patience and encouragement - even with the slowest of students - made him a very good teacher.

"I'm devastated. He was a really likeable person and such good fun that I keep thinking this has been a horrible mistake."

Mr Edwards was due to play with the medieval folk band Daughters of Elvin in Totnes on Saturday evening.

Officers believe he swerved into another vehicle as his van was struck by the bale at about 1230 BST.

The other driver was not hurt.

Initially police had difficulty in tracking down Mr Edwards' relatives but a spokesman said officers had now traced his brother David in Yorkshire.
'Crowd favourite'

The Health and Safety Executive is investigating what has been described as a "farm accident".

Insp Andy Hamilton, of Devon and Cornwall police, said: "Although it would appear to be a freak incident, we've got to thoroughly investigate the circumstances before we can draw any conclusions."

ELO was formed as the Electric Light Orchestra in 1971 by Jeff Lynne and Roy Wood.

The band, who played rock and pop music with classical overtones, sold more than 50 million records worldwide and had numerous hit singles and albums in the UK and the US.

Mr Edwards, who trained at the Royal Academy of Music, was in the line-up for ELO's first live concert.

A tribute on the Face the Music website said: "Mike quickly became a crowd favourite with his exploding cello and rather unique solo party piece that involved playing the cello with a grapefruit."

Talking about his time with ELO in a rare interview last year, Mr Edwards said the stunts were simply a way to make the band "more entertaining".

Mr Edwards' friend and Devon Baroque colleague Jasper Solomon, who also lives in Totnes, said: "Mike's talent was his musicality.

"He could range over all genres from classical to jazz, modern to medieval renaissance.

"He lived for his music and it showed."

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: 7 September 2010, 19:12:44 »
ReplyReply

Covering Kate Bush

!

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 11 September 2010, 18:06:20 »
ReplyReply

WT's coming to Belgium spring 2011  Brede lach

this one I just heared on one of my cd's.... very nice

Silver Thunderbird - Marc Cohn
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 11 September 2010, 18:39:05 »
ReplyReply

another concert tonight: The Scene

The Scene - Blauw

Thé Lau -- Een vriend zien huilen

and next week I'm going to see Anne Clark again, 2nd time in 2 weeks  champ

Anne Clark Full Moon (authorised original version)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 28 September 2010, 22:30:57 »
ReplyReply

Anne Clark & Martyn Bates
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: 1 October 2010, 21:36:02 »
ReplyReply

Very nice and relaxing, koen.

Guns N' Roses - November Rain

Guns N' Roses - November Rain

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2 October 2010, 09:49:14 »
ReplyReply

Chicane - Poppiholla (Original Mix)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 4 October 2010, 18:45:52 »
ReplyReply

The Subs - Music Is The New Religion

throw your chair out

put your precious stuff far away

and go totally freak-a-zoid  wtf2 urock wtf2 urock uhhh uhhh uhhh uhhh uhhh uhhh uhhh
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: 4 October 2010, 22:23:51 »
ReplyReply

Too much "Uhhhh!" for me... Smiley Not my kind of dance music, I would not know where to put my GT and my cigar... Smiley

Take this then, not dance but dancable ballads, and my ballad pop revelation of 2010 (which means I discovered them this year, they have been around since the 90s apparently, but I never even had a hunch of a blip on my musical radar), great lyrics to inventive music, best of their genre atm methinks:

Tiromanchino (ok, they are Italians and even sound like... so what?)

Tiromancino - Amore Impossibile

This one, almost Anne Clark style, just more modern, and rocky...:
È Necessario - Tiromancino

TIROMANCINO - Della stessa materia dei sogni

Rattler
« Last Edit: 4 October 2010, 22:36:50 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: 4 October 2010, 23:18:12 »
ReplyReply

Still, as far as dance goes, I prefer the all time funky and groovy classics (they have the advantage that, when played slower, they also make great bkgnd muzac for a dinner or such, as can be seen in the difference of the 2nd to the first version here):

GT/Cigar Dance Version
Bill Withers - Use me

Romantic Dinner version:
Bill Withers - use me

Enjoy,

Rattler

Pages:  1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 35960867 | Sitemap