19 March 2024, 07:43:11 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Soccer Anyone? (The neverending soccer thread)  (Read 82958 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« on: 11 February 2009, 23:56:08 »
ReplyReply

Curretnly viewing:  Spain 2 vs England 0

Nice game indeed, Spain with Senna still holds to its EC status and has a clear domination. I guess in SA, when Senna is out for age, this will change (if Cesc is not up to the brain role, he might be, still 1.5 yrs to go)

Torres (whom all English want to see) was grey, different soccer he has gotten used to. OTOH, with Iniesta a offensive brain not much can go wrong... England has Lampard, Beckham didnt exist on the field.

I like our hymn here, the only one (except of some obscure carribean nation) w/o lyrics, only two factions that make up to win against each other: "lo, lo...lololo,...lololo, lo lo!" versus "la, la...lalala,...lalala, la la!" sounding through the stadium, *THAT IS FUN!*  Brede lach One of the best sounding anthems I know, only the old east German anthem could compete...

VOLUME UP MODE:

This is the "correct" version (speed 76, scheme AABB, duration 52 secs according to Kings Decrete 1560/1997)

but I like the original march almost better as it has this slow part in the middle and is set in a different speed/tone...

VOLUME BACK TO NORMAL MODE

With military it looks like this, always a emotional moment... The King and the Prince look just sooooo goood...!  Grijns (first 3 min, later desfilee)

EDIT

At this stage, even with a face saving 2:0 this will be called "goleada" tomorrow and even if it is only a friendly (I like friendlies: while nobody really enters t not produce a serious lesion, they show the layout of teams better)

Rattler

P.S.: Did anybody see Italy/Brasil yesterday? I have never understood where Italy took its 5 ($ 4?) stars from.... R. (EDIT: The "$" was a typo, sorry if I offended anyone, see: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/index.php?topic=829.msg2522#msg2522)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2009, 10:17:51 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2009, 10:00:48 »
ReplyReply

Rattler sez:
I have never understood where Italy took its 5 ($?) stars from....

Damn, I was just about to say something nice about the Spanish Team...

bah!

J

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2009, 10:10:16 »
ReplyReply

Oops!

Just realized the typo which could be understood as offensive, of cause my phrase should read:

I have never understood where Italy took its 5 (4?) stars from...

On my keyboard the "$" is above the "4" had caps hit accidentally when typing. Sincere Apologies.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2009, 11:15:05 »
ReplyReply

Best match of the 6 I saw in the 1994 WC, surpassing even the It v Br final.

July 9th 1994 (12:00)    
Boston, Foxboro Stadium
ITALY - SPAIN    
2-1 (1-0)

GOALS             26'  1-0  Dino Baggio (assist - Roberto Donadoni)
                                59'  1-1  Caminero (assist - Sergi)
                                88'  2-1  Roberto Baggio (assist - Giuseppe Signori)

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2009, 18:56:22 »
ReplyReply

the Belgian 'Red Devils' just make sure that not a single Belgian watches their engagements...really terrible...
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2009, 19:00:23 »
ReplyReply

the Belgian 'Red Devils' just make sure that not a single Belgian watches their engagements...really terrible...

Huh? How that? Holiganing?

Pls clarify, even we mindless fans cannot follow everything....

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2009, 19:10:04 »
ReplyReply

I think the word 'declyning' comes into place...

this is how it was...

the battle of the lowlands was a returning festival of soccer between Belgium & Holland....the last years we tried very hard to avoid every solid opponent...

another heroic performance...at one point we were even congratulated by the Brazilians...
at another stage we were f*** by the referree with definitive prove on video...

those were the '80s and early '90s...now there's nothing left...

almost every single one video on youtube is from at least 15 years ago...
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2009, 19:12:34 »
ReplyReply

Now, after having apologized, I realize that some ppl were offended because they thought it possible that my "$" sign was meant seriously...

Well, guys, where there is smoke, usually a fire is not too far away...  Grijns And the relegation of so many A-League teams for bought matches 2 yrs ago is still fairly prominent in our memories... Actually, with the Italians in soccer (and no serious offence meant) you never know...:

Check this one from (IIRC) 1994, to see how an Italian team trained

- faking fouls
- faking major injuries
- cheating referees
- faking being agressed by opponent

on order by signal...  Grijns

The vid was used again 2004 by The Guardian in an sports campaign, still funny:

Rattler

(Remember Italians are considered one of the nations that actually won WWII, and that they are the only (? AFAIK) nation where a white handkerchief is part of the regular uniform... Grijns ; my WWII Africa veteran father told me the "Difference between an Italian and a German tank?: German tank: 12 forward gears, one reverse. Italian tank: 1 forward gear, 12 reverse..." Grijns)
« Last Edit: 12 February 2009, 19:20:12 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2009, 19:50:32 »
ReplyReply

I think the word 'declyning' comes into place...

this is how it was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVBOBk8tj50

the battle of the lowlands was a returning festival of soccer between Belgium & Holland....the last years we tried very hard to avoid every solid opponent...

another heroic performance...at one point we were even congratulated by the Brazilians...
at another stage we were f*** by the referree with definitive prove on video...

Well, the annulated goal at 1:38 there was *definitely* off side, if that is what you are refering to? The "Hand" at 3:31 is one, definitely, but still within the limits where a referee can decide on "autonomous reflex" if he wasnt close - which neither linier or referee were... - (though from my POV that was expulsion)

If it serves as a consolation:

- Spain always lost against France or Italy for 36 yrs, this year (2008) it was enough to beat them once and win the EC with great and beautiful soccer

- Spain was cheated out of the Japan/Korea WC 2002 by a Philpine refferee (who now serves prison for accepting bribes in another match) who annulated 3 perfectly legal goals - first for a non-existant fuld of Helguera who wasnt even close, 2nd for the ball being out (0.39 in slomo, not even close to line), 3rd offside allegedly with 2 mtrs to offside AND the ball coming from a Korean player 1:25; I think Morientes deserved yellow for the "Hijo de Puta" remark to the referee, though... (6 yrs later they won the EC by simply going on as they did before, playing the most beautiful national soccer on the planet - and yes, I know we lost... Knipoog but we did not desrve to win in this match...):

Images of a robbery:

- Last, to soothe your hurts (but Henk wont like it  Grijns), our German battle song in WC 2002: "Ohne Holland fahrn wir zur WM"  Grijns (look for the complete lyrics, but DONT TRANSLATE THEM TO HENK!!!  Brede lach): "Für alle Loser dieser Welt, tut uns leid, ihr müsst jetzt heim! ... Wir wünschen Guten Flug!"  Brede lach)

Rattler
« Last Edit: 12 February 2009, 19:59:03 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 8 March 2009, 03:53:15 »
ReplyReply

Barca won, Madrid did a draw: So, again 5 points differnece, and the scales have turned...

Looking forward to the CL results.

Ratler

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 8 March 2009, 10:03:06 »
ReplyReply

LOl,

I have some that are even worse about germany Smiley
I cant put the text up because than I might be punishable by law Knipoog

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 8 March 2009, 11:44:57 »
ReplyReply

Barca won, Madrid did a draw: So, again 5 points differnece, and the scales have turned...

Ratler

yeah, nice games coming on this week....

Liverpool - Real M

Man U - Inter
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 8 March 2009, 12:02:03 »
ReplyReply

Ratler

yeah, nice games coming on this week....

Liverpool - Real M

Man U - Inter

And Barca-Lyon also is not clear as Barca is suffering a down atm...

Rattler

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 8 March 2009, 12:19:49 »
ReplyReply

Dont forget Ajax-Olympic Marseille!!

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 8 March 2009, 12:23:52 »
ReplyReply

Dont forget Ajax-Olympic Marseille!!

who?  Brede lach
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 8 March 2009, 12:24:57 »
ReplyReply

Ook jij kan tever gaan Koen  Kwaad Knipoog

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 March 2009, 17:13:10 »
ReplyReply

Dutch TV shows Liverpool/Real Madrid
Belgian TV shows Juventus/Chelsea

hummmmmmm...those tough choices....
Koen
Poster

Belgium