29 March 2024, 07:12:49 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Soccer Anyone? (The neverending soccer thread)  (Read 83056 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 19 April 2011, 17:09:55 »
ReplyReply

Messi got frustrated after having got fouled enless times by Pepe (who not even saw a card by miracle) and sent the ball volley into the public after one of those actions...

A bit stupid,  but thenn CR7 has done the same in the last classic...

Tomorrow next round, lets see whether Mou again plays with 10 men in front of the goal, this time its for a title and he cannot have the grass high and dry as  it is played in Valencia.

The setup of Mous match was to avoid humiliation, so he chose not to play soccer. Looks ghe thinks Madrid cannot face Barcelona ona face-to-tace level.

Interesting to see how the chess tactics of the trainers evolve through the marathon of those confrontations.

Rattler

Pepe? not surprising.....

when is the next game... I see they are on TV this evening....
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: 19 April 2011, 21:57:17 »
ReplyReply

next game tomorrow 2120 Belgian time (still havent repaired our clock).

Cup Final, will be very interesting again, as Mou is only training penalties and Barca will send the B-Team (partially).

As its a match for a title, Mou will have to do something if getting behind a goal, this strat of having 7 defenders and at the counter does not work if you lose e.g. 1:0 (OTOH if you lead it might be perfect).

Also, even if Barca plays partially B-Team (to reserve forces for CL where Madrid has asked UEFA to ban Iniesta), it is their *usual* cup formation, this shows they are true to their philosophjy and style. THey might lose (which I find quite probable, but not for soccer but for superstition: Their president bet they would win 5:0, and this is a thing you dont do and usually gets penallized by soccer itself), but they still would be playing perfect soccer...

Lets hope the referee does not fall into the trap of the last 6 weeks constant Mou complaints about the refs "helping" Barcelona on orders from the government... ("I want to play Barca once with 11 people": Well, simply ask your players to not confuse soccer with Roman-Greek wrestling, dont blame it on the refs if they do and get cards...)

Yoou really must be a lunatic to claim that this action was *not* a penalty (though Albiol tried to hide it well, but in the closeup you see what I mean by Roman-Greek reference, still Mou claims the expulsion - last man - of Albiol and the penalty were unjust and another example of "goverment decreted penalties contra Madrid"):

Real Madrid - Barcelona 1 - 1 goal de penalti Leo Messi 16/04/2011 El Clasico Liga C.Ronaldo

Frankly, a player in an important match does something as stupid in *my* team he would be sanctioned with a fine internally, for deliberately torpedoing the team effort...

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 26 April 2011, 15:07:40 »
ReplyReply

I saw the news today with a certain player of Madrid who let something slip out his hands Knipoog
I bet everybody in Barcelona must have been laughing??

The competition here is nearing the end, and its very exciting.
Ajax is second after PSV lost against Feyenoord this weekend, they are now 1 point behind FcTwente.
In the Arena fans cheered for the goals of Feyenoord ( unheard of before) the goals of Feyenoord were shown at the large tv-screens in the Arena during the game.
The last game is....Ajax-Fc Twente.
Never has the competition been so exciting before , I cant remember the last time that a decision could fall on the last day of the year.
And its about time for Ajax to win their 30th championship Smiley

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 26 April 2011, 23:34:21 »
ReplyReply

Well indeed, it was the Kings Cup, shredded to pieces by the Madrid expedition bus...

sergio ramos tira la copa del rey y el autobus del real madrid la aplasta (buena calidad)

Now, as I had predicted that Madrid would win the cup (then just out of superstition: Sandro Rosell - Barcas president - never should have uttered that "We will ein 5:0 again, just not to lose the custom...") I now predict that Madrid will face another 18 years of not winning it. just for shredding it to pieces (Ramos now obviously not only is worse with his mouth than his feet, but his hands also suck...).

All this stuff aside, who did not see the Spanish cup final has missed the match of the decade, this time for real: While Madrid  - much to my pain - won the cup, it was well deserved (as it would have been the other way around), first time in 5 years I have seen anybody playing Barca on its level: Madrid finally forms a style and a team, Barca is neutralized in its soccer eshibition...

In a match that had all (incl. basic fairness after the first 15 minutes) the two different styles were expressed fully (first half was all Madrid, fighting, 2nd half was all Barca, celebrating soccer), total exhaustion in 120 minutes, and in the end luck wanted it that (by Ronaldo!) Mou won the chess game on the grass. Impressive, from both sides, a match true dign of a final, the best I have seen in my life time (*Final*, that is...).

Here a nice resumen without comment but saying it all:

Barcelona vs Real Madrid 0-1 - Resumen - Copa Del Rey Final - 20/04/2011

Personally I really believe that in this moment the hegemony of Barca was broken, by bad luck, but also by better reading the future (what people dont realize often is how close soccer is to life: The government that rules or is wanted by the people has the soccer team that wins, my prediciton now for the May 22 elections is a tsunami win for the Right, as they - of course -  are for Madrid...)

Now tomorrow, part three of the 5 part "Classics" saga (as Barca now has the league and Madrid the Cup, the Supercup will confront them once more), in CL again in the Bernabeu with its high and dry grass (Guardiolas complaint on the one hand served as UEFA decided to replace the Portugese referee that made Barca lose the last Champions league semi versus the Portugese idol Mou, but on the other hand they replaced him with the - officially rated!! - *worst* referee ever, a German, stand by to see some real ref decision surprises tomorrow...!).

We will start seeing what the "new" European soccer has to offer, whether Madrid realy has started to "fly" and whether the cycle of Barca and its "tiki-taka" style really has come to an end (a week ago I would have bet that Barca won Madrid anytime in two matches, but now I am doubting, as the proper players for sure).

Onewards, soccer always holds fantasy and imagination, lets enjoy it while we can!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 26 April 2011, 23:40:11 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 4 May 2011, 17:24:25 »
ReplyReply

Kevin McNaughton murders Sian Massey

DEFINITELY on purpose! shame on you S-hole! grow up! the lineref reacts quite respectful to herself... the guy just walks away... and the ref takes no action?Huh?Huh?Huh???

and Real Madrid are very bad losers... the Belgian ref-team did a splendid job but still RM accuses the ref of favouritism.... sad....
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: 4 May 2011, 18:07:54 »
ReplyReply

Real Madrid are very bad losers... the Belgian ref-team did a splendid job but still RM accuses the ref of favouritism.... sad....

Now where did I hear that before this week Knipoog

Today in Holland in the news.
3 supporters from amateur club Spakenburg were arrested.
In last weeks derby against Ijsselmeervogels the referee did not aprove a goal for Spakenburg, losing the game cost them the championship.
The 3 supporters went to the home of the referee, before they got there they called him names at the phone.
They ruined the mans garden and threw all kind of garbage on his road.
The KNVB is investigating this, most likely the boys face punishment by law and a long time suspension of their license to play soccer.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 4 May 2011, 21:31:41 »
ReplyReply

the Belgian ref-team did a splendid job but still RM accuses the ref of favouritism.... sad....

Actually, from my (Barca fan!) referee POV they did suck (but I cannot find any favoritism in thier bad performance):

- The goal of Higuain was perfectly legal: After Pique fouled the Madrid CR7 (who in falling touched the Barca player) that should *never* have resulted in a foul *for* Barca (as it was Barcas Pique who commited the foul) but for Madrid. This said, it would have been in both cases a case of "advantage", the ball stayed despite the foul from Pique with Madrid´s Higuain, so the foul had no effect in that moment (definition of "advantage"), and he scored. Perfectly legal and what the rules would have required (Colina was the referee observer, in his time he was the one referee that I adored because he knew to handle the "advantage" rule so well, I am sure he will have taken note of this absolutely crass error of the Belgian ref De Bleeckere).

- Mourinhos rampage has had its effect: Madrid played the whole match with 11 players, but this also only because of an intimidated and blind referee (Stark was better): Xavi Alonso should have seen two yellows (at least), Abedayouhr at least 3, that wouldhave left Madrid with 9 players. The ref was blind to the agressive take of the Madrid players, many entries from behind with sole forward, all directly yellow (or orange).

So, what do we have? A bad ref who botched up, but surely no favoritism the way CR7 and Mourinho see it: "UEFA robbed the cup from Madrid"

Mourinho is doing a very mellow favour to Madrid by kidnapping the fans and brainwahsing them. He not only sees the "Black Hand" of UEFA, the referees, Mr. Villa and the UNESCO behind "this conspiracy against us", he is now blaming Obama and the CIA (for some alleged communist contacts he had in his youth), as if really those were interested in soccer at all.

A case for the psychiatrist in his paranoia he still has managed to get 60+% of the Madrid fans believe that a conspiracy against their club exists, despite all the facts that point to the contrary (Mou even managed to give a new meaning to the word "fact" by supplementing it by the word "image").

Sad indeed, the cup final was the only game of the classics worth watching if you did not want just to see Barcelonas soccer qualities, and yes:

Madrid are bad losers.

But the Belgian ref team did not do a "splendid" job if you want my opinion.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 4 May 2011, 21:39:39 by Rattler » Logged

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 15 May 2011, 18:43:57 »
ReplyReply

This was an absolutely great and fantastic weekend!!!!

Our national Dutch (under 17) team beat Germany with 5-2 with some very beautifull goals.
And than the dessert, today Ajax became champion of Holland for the 30th time beating Fc Twente with 3-1  Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach Brede lach

What a birthday present for coach Frank De Boer! champ  smallclap champ smallclap champ smallclap champ smallclap hatsoff

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 15 May 2011, 22:36:55 »
ReplyReply

Barca made the league last weekend here, and my Eintracht Frankfurt (SGE for insiders) now is of 2nd league... crycry  (and just writing this I really shed a tear). Really, with 7 goals and 4 points in the 2nd half of the turnament (19 matches) this should not have come as a surprise, but it still hurts, the only club since the modern Germany (and its league) was founded that had not made it to the 2nd... No Hessian club left in first league...

drama behead dontpanic

Dont worry, we will come back (one day), with those fans nothing is impossible, SGE 4ever!

Eintracht-Frankfurt: Alle zusamnen, keiner allein

...Es ist mehr als nur der Sieg der uns so am Herzen liegt... Lässt uns das Glück auch mal allein, steht unsere Treue zum Verein: Alle zusammen, keiner allein....(It is more than the victory that moves our hearts... if luck is not on our side, fidelity to the club prevails: All togehter, none will be left alone...)

standsalute

OTOH. with one match to go, my Mallorca here in the Spanish Leauge even with 44 points is not safe from going 2nd league (and I expect that they *this time* dont do the same as Frankfurt, as was the fact for the last 5 years), this is something unprecedent, because until now you were safe with 42 points, history will be re-written.

I wish the best to Mallorca (crying for Frankfurt who wont ascend anytime soon again) and for Barca against the beast ManU (though I fear the worst, playing the best soccer on the planet does not help always if and when Mourinhous forces take out your players for the final). JFTR, any lip reader can see clearly that Busquets said "mucho morro!" (= "lot of balls") and not "muy mono!" (= "very monkey") in the incident that has been dencounced by Madrid´s Mourinho as a racist insult (as Pep has it: Only the two know what has really been said):

Busquets calling Marcelo a monkey (Mono) !!! Real Madrid vs Barcelona 0-2

Congrats Ajax and (Barca´s: 1999-2003) Frank de Boer!

Gosh, now even the trainers are younger than me (41?), I must be getting older somehow without realizing...  hdbng

OK, back to theme:

Dont let yourself be fooled by the paranoid Mou, here a piece of the (neutral) comedy show we have in Spain from December (!!) 2010 *imagining* a (then) hYpoteticxal press conference with Mou: The vid at its time then was critizised heavily because nobody wanted to see that Mou was that way, but now, after the 4 classics and the ridicule he has made of himself (and, whats worse, of the club we all want to appreciate even as opponents: Not much merit beating a 2nd league club...) everybody more or less has understood his paranoia (in the vid he comes in with a transparent saying "Leaders" when Barca had not played their match, when the journalists say: "Look, Barca has just scored, who is leader now" he explodes: "You journalists always are focussing on insignificant details, and, whats more, the goal is illegal, clear sign of how the refs always help Barca...." - and then more...  hihi). He finishes with the (true) words he stated: "There is a soccer rule layout for me and one for all the others" (Hay un reglamento para mi y otro para el resto), and this - as stated - ion Decmeber, since tzhen he has been following this thread to hell.

My bet (and I might be wrong as I dont know how much Florentino is gong to sacrficie to enter the history with titles) is that we will not train Madrid next season. If I am wrong and he does, well: The best buy Barca could have made.

Mourinho: Hay un reglamento para mí y otro para el resto

Rattler
« Last Edit: 16 May 2011, 00:14:41 by Rattler » Logged

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 16 May 2011, 13:04:25 »
ReplyReply

Funny thing happened.
Just as Madrids player, Stekelenburg dropped the bowl from the second floor of the (open) bus:)
He had to let it drop because otherwise he would have hit the electrical wiring from the trams in Amsterdam.
The bus behind his one drove over it, so now we too have a dented prize Smiley champ

End of the movie shows what happens Smiley
Ajax kampioen: Maarten Stekelenburg laat de schaal vallen!!

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 16 May 2011, 16:46:11 »
ReplyReply

what's going wrong with players dropping the big ones all the time?  hdbng

Belgian football competition: tomorrow evening 1 game will decide who becomes the champ  champ
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 16 May 2011, 18:26:30 »
ReplyReply

Well, one thing is sure, if he wouldnt have done that he would have been electrocuted.................

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 16 May 2011, 18:30:58 »
ReplyReply

Well, one thing is sure, if he wouldnt have done that he would have been electrocuted.................

video shows he DID hit the cable but there was no electrocution or similar
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: 16 May 2011, 18:55:55 »
ReplyReply

I cant judge that for sure, police said he didnt hit it, but  it doesnt matter anyway.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 16 May 2011, 19:29:28 »
ReplyReply

I cant judge that for sure, police said he didnt hit it, but  it doesnt matter anyway.

Ajax kampioen: Maarten Stekelenburg laat de schaal vallen!!
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: 16 May 2011, 22:10:09 »
ReplyReply

Koen is right: He did not let the "Schaal vallen", it was hit from his hands by the cable.

As my internet conection is slow and vids display with breaks sometimes I had the chance to take a close look at the cables in question: They are *not* High Tension but max 380 Volts, I have myself constructed/used many of them and the type of isolators is tell-taling.

As another comment on my take on Mou: Today a Portugese ref on youtube and publicly announced that Oporto had bribed him with sex, travels etc. to influence in favor of Oporto (with Mourinho as Mister and having the say).

So much for his allegations and insinuations of doping vs. Barca, racist issues  vs. Barca, referees being dishonest favoring Barca, etc. ...

As my father has told me: "Who first suspects robbery behind disappearences does so because its his way of thought: He is most probably a robber...". I guess you get my gist.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2F2011%2F05%2F15%2Ffutbol%2Ffutbol_internacional%2F1305474310.html&act=url

I will post an article that sums it up what he does to intl soccer, the Spanish National team etc. tomorrow or day after, got it ready but no time.

BTW, Mourinhos (Madrids) denouncement vs. Busquets was dismissed, the UEFA folks saw "mucho morro", Busquets will play the final.

FWIW,

Rattler

the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: 21 May 2011, 04:54:30 »
ReplyReply

If there's one thing I was happy about, it was those 4 classicos in a span of 18 days or something of that nature where Barca showed they are a better team than an expensively assembled squad that plays bad football.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: 28 May 2011, 19:35:23 »
ReplyReply

Tonight the final  of the decade, Barca-Manchester (in Wembley, where Barca 1992 won its first CL final and stripped off its victim status with this unforgettable goal of  - the Dutch player; this for those that dont follow the things so sincerely -  Koeman)

Barca *can* beat ManU, but it will be difficult, we have the two best teams (that live a model of soccer: One from the POV of esthetics, the other from the POV of its mister) as contricants, and both have matured a lot since Rome 2008.

My bet is that we will see spectacular soccer, Barca with the ball and ManU with its stars on cits valid counters, two true *teams* (I think ManU has become better since CR left to Madrid)... I just hope that the match will not be destroyed by stupid or erroneous ref decisions and that no grave injuries will paint it dark.

Msay the best team win and may we all have a great show...!

And, as rumours have it that Guardiola will resign as mister after the match however it ends, lets hope this is not true... (though I would understand, he has won all and can only decline if he doesnt reign like Alex Fergusson for  -how many? - years).

"Forca Barca!"

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 28 May 2011, 20:32:32 »
ReplyReply

woooowwwwwwwwww ...great game  champ
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 28 May 2011, 22:50:08 »
ReplyReply

As I have kept it over the last years that this forum has existed I will justz say a few things:

- Great ref, no probs with him even if the ManU goal probably was offside. But, as we Germans say" Offside is when  the referee blows his whistle"... Gotta live with such things, luckily this time the mistake was not decisive.

- Great match with two timid teams: None of them displayed its true power, all were subper attent to not allow the other one play.

- this said, ManU was deceiving me when - with 3:1 in the score and only 10  minutes left they still did not organize themselves and ran around like headless hens wiithout producing any danger. I am not one to pity an opponent who fights, but for Mr. Van der Saar (one of my idols when I played and much longer: On the list of my best goalies ever!  iconclap hatsoff), fopr Mr. van der Saars last match I would have liked something better (I dont see a flaw in his actions, the goals were indeed unstoppable from my amateur ex goalie POV).
All counted,I will finish with my "hommage" following the "....same procedure as every year..."[url=http://someSite]yourText[/url] (if you dont get it, google my phrase on youtube):

"Blaugrana al vent!!" BARÇA, BARÇA, BARÇA!

Barca Hymn With Lyrics!

Rattler

P.S.: And to the idiots I had to listen to right now for the last 2 hours claiming "Catalan" superiority on this planet and asking independence from "the occupant Spanish Fascists": If you think Barcelona is *not* Spain, what does your team do in the Spanish or European league?  

Come on folks: Think! (or renounce right now all your Spanish titles you won) R.

« Last Edit: 28 May 2011, 23:03:04 by Rattler » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166942 | Sitemap