16 April 2024, 06:48:48 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Soccer Anyone? (The neverending soccer thread)  (Read 83310 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 19 October 2010, 22:47:41 »
ReplyReply

Well, Ajax won Smiley

Great exciting game with lots of tension Smiley
Great moment when a player  from Auxerre  waiting to come into the field gets a yellow card for complaining to the referee, and because he got angry because of the card said something new and got a red card...hilarious Smiley

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 25 October 2010, 10:32:44 »
ReplyReply

Yesterday, PSV played against Feyenoord.

This game was a disaster for Feyenoord , the team lost with 10-0......... whistle a historical loss for Feyenoord. Brede lach
8 of the goals from PSV were scored in the second half.
In Rotterdam angry supporters were waiting for the team to arrive at the stadium.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 25 October 2010, 12:46:24 »
ReplyReply

This game was a disaster for Feyenoord , the team lost with 10-0....

Hard to believe that the players of a club of this status did not intentionally lose, probably playing to oust the mister?

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 25 October 2010, 17:46:09 »
ReplyReply

Well,

If they continue to play this way they might go out of the Dutch premier league.
There is no money to buy good players, the club has huge debts.
They are now at place 15, third from below.

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 3 December 2010, 15:54:56 »
ReplyReply

Qatar over USA for WC? I'd love to see the bank accounts of FIFA's leadership, before and after that vote.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 3 December 2010, 21:48:45 »
ReplyReply

Qatar over USA for WC? I'd love to see the bank accounts of FIFA's leadership, before and after that vote.

what about Russia for 2012?
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 4 December 2010, 00:09:43 »
ReplyReply

Russia is a country with a population and number of large cities capable of supporting the WC. Qatar is no bigger than the state of Connecticut, with only one major city. Big difference.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 4 December 2010, 09:37:20 »
ReplyReply

Erm.... there is no WC in 2012...

Next is 2014 in Brasil, and then 2018 in Russia.

And yes, I am sure Russia bougth this.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 4 December 2010, 10:53:14 »
ReplyReply

Erm.... there is no WC in 2012...

Next is 2014 in Brasil, and then 2018 in Russia.

And yes, I am sure Russia bougth this.

Rattler

2018...apologies... too many drinks last night  congrats

@FacMan: I posted a dollar sign underneath but I see now it's not visible. Russian has indeed big cities but infrastructure? And the distances between the cities forces teams/officials to be transported by air etc.... I do see the difference between Russia and Qatar but the size of Russia is not only an advantage... how much fuel will be spilled during that WC?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 6 February 2011, 16:23:01 »
ReplyReply

Barcelona has destroyed another record:

Since yesterday they passed the Real Madrid of Di Stephano of 60/61 and as the only Spanish team ever now have 16 consecutive wins.

Their numbers are terrorific:

22 of 38 matches played

- they now have scored 70 goals, and only recieved 10, goal difference 60... (Spanish league record in all three respects at this moment in time)

- have won 16 matches consecutively (Spanish Record)

- are undefeated for 19 matches (Spanish League record at this moment in time)

- are in the cup final with Real Madrid (20th April, just 4 daqys after the Real-Madrid League classi that should decide the league)

- are with 61 points 7 points ahead of a Real Madrid (10, but RM plays tonight) that would be leader in any other league with 54 points

- have 5x won at/over 5-0 this season.

- Just its two strikers, Messi and Vlla together have scored more goals than any other team in the league with exception of Madrid

- Messi is leader for striker of the year with currently 27 goals from 22 matches, ahead of Madrids C. Ronaldo, 3 hattricks this season

If they go on like this they will break all existing Spanish records this season (they own the on ofhaving won all 6 possible titles already), and all this playing wonderful soccer for the eye...  champ

If no severe lesion of the key players occurs (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Busquets, Puyol) we will see them with high probability in the CL final...

Brede lach

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 February 2011, 16:28:35 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: 6 February 2011, 16:36:39 »
ReplyReply

at least this should be called 'impressive'  champ
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 18 February 2011, 16:09:29 »
ReplyReply

Dutch news Anderlecht - Ajax...
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1037/Champions-League-Europa-League/article/detail/569022/2011/02/17/Ajax-verpulvert-Anderlecht-en-kan-volgende-ronde-boeken.dhtml

And the statistics:
http://sports.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/uefa/boxscore.asp?gamecode=2011021711006

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 18 February 2011, 21:51:28 »
ReplyReply

congrats  champ but the same link twice ?  Rollende ogen
« Last Edit: 18 February 2011, 22:45:09 by Koen » Logged
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 18 February 2011, 22:22:44 »
ReplyReply

Oops must have been the wine Smiley xangel

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 18 February 2011, 22:45:36 »
ReplyReply

Oops must have been the wine Smiley xangel

still drunk? where's the correct 2nd link?
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 19 February 2011, 19:33:26 »
ReplyReply

Just checked, its there......

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: 15 April 2011, 08:14:33 »
ReplyReply

Tomorrow starts what here is called "The Month Of The Classics".

The "classico" is the match between Madrid and Barcelona, and tomorrow we have the first of 4 within 20 days: Tomorrow the league match in Madrid (in Barcelona Barça won 5:0), then Wednesday the cup final (played in Valencia), and then 2x in CHampions League semi finals in the following two weeks...

Will be interesting to see how Madrid will adapt better everytime to the superb style of Barça, and how Barça will react to that adaption. If we dont have many injuries those 4 matches will be really fun to watch, especially as Barca is playing without defense (Pujol still injured and Abidal, who had played his best season ever, is in hospital with a liver tumor and will lose the rest of the season).

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 16 April 2011, 00:19:19 »
ReplyReply

JFTR, Eva (our latest member) and myself will follow the first "Classic" tomoorow night together, its part of the Spanisch class I am giving (this part of class of course only to people who actually like soccer, rare thing for a lady).

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 18 April 2011, 20:50:40 »
ReplyReply

Rattler, what can you tell us about the following video?

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 19 April 2011, 08:20:38 »
ReplyReply

Messi got frustrated after having got fouled enless times by Pepe (who not even saw a card by miracle) and sent the ball volley into the public after one of those actions...

A bit stupid,  but thenn CR7 has done the same in the last classic...

Tomorrow next round, lets see whether Mou again plays with 10 men in front of the goal, this time its for a title and he cannot have the grass high and dry as  it is played in Valencia.

The setup of Mous match was to avoid humiliation, so he chose not to play soccer. Looks ghe thinks Madrid cannot face Barcelona ona face-to-tace level.

Interesting to see how the chess tactics of the trainers evolve through the marathon of those confrontations.

Rattler

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44412432 | Sitemap