29 March 2024, 05:40:56 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Exercises with civil authorities  (Read 9326 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« on: 8 November 2013, 18:47:56 »
ReplyReply

08-11-13

This week saw some large scale exercises all related to problems with water.
http://www.112hm.nl/2013/11/04/leger-en-hulpdiensten-houden-rampenoefening-samen-sterker-in-reeuwijk/
pictures on this site show al units and the men.11 airmobile brigade tested all its units together with fire department, police, red cross, medical services and local authorities.
All kinds of disasters were set up to train the men.
As allways the biggest importance was coordination and quick response.
In Reeuwijk and Bodegraven 20 NATRES bn supported units of the enigneer corps.
Here some dikes broke, areas were flooded and people were cut off on small islands.
A bus was caught in the flooding and many people found themselves in the water.
Our troops assisted with trucks, boats and medical equipment.
An Apache helo was used to scout for people in the water with its sophisticated sensors.
The same time troops together with police evacuated certain areas of the towns.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=546154942134367&set=a.435115923238270.1073741825.100002195991526&type=1&theater
picture: small ferry of the army engineers used to evacuate people.At the town of Korendijk a small boat with 50 people collided with an oiltanker which caught fire.
Here to passengers fell into the water.
Firedepartment units quickley arrived to get the people of the boat all were evacuated to a nearby small island.
Here they found out that the islands power lines were broken by the oiltanker and the entire poulation had to be evacuated.
Unfortunately the collision took place in front of the small harbor.
Army engineers were called upon to send boats to evacuate the people.
Exercises like this were held everywhere.

« Last Edit: 8 November 2013, 18:54:04 by stoffel » Logged

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2013, 23:36:42 »
ReplyReply

Did you participate and/or shoot the photos?

How did it go? Was it realistic, both in scenario and response? Any glitches worth mentioning, LLs, maybe an AAR?

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2013, 11:38:18 »
ReplyReply

Yes, very realistic.
Off course things went wrong, thats what the civil authorities and firedepartment train for.
We are allways very willing to show them what can go wrong ;-)
But I am not going to argument on mistakes made, simply because that isnt relevant for others to know.
Some of the pictures are mine, most are from police and firedepartment.

henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166022 | Sitemap