19 April 2024, 21:23:41 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Exercise Cerberus Guard  (Read 2875 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« on: 14 April 2013, 09:21:36 »
ReplyReply

Two weeks ago the airmobile brigades 1 infantrybatallion held an exercise in the area of the Twente airfield.
This airfield is not in use anymore by the airforce and therefore provides an ideal base for actions.
Its loctaed near the town of Enschede in the north-east of the country.

Purpose of the exercise: 11 batallion training its capabilities before the big exercise in Germany coming june.
That exercise will be the final test where the bn can show its ready for action.

Story behind the exercise.

Redland and Whiteland are neighboring countries.
Whiteland has a large group of Redlanders living in the country, they are not happy because they were discriminated and tensiones rose in the country.
Severa groups of Redlanders stole arms and formed terrorist groups many Redlanders deserted the army of Whiteland.
Violence ruled the streets.
The UN decided to react and sent the Dutch 11 batallion to restore peace.

Action:

Airborne infantry landed on the field with helicopters quickley taking all important and strategic positions.
After that more soldiers were flown in by Hercules and helicopter.
With the airbase firmly in their hands the bn could start with clearing up the area.
Patrols were sent out and terrorist groups were hunted down.
Several engagements followed.
With the airfield cleared the rest of the units poored in, 5 large convoys drove to the field.
Each convoy was under protection of a reserve company, mine.
It was very cold and I can assure you driving with your body exposed to the cold on top of the cabine of a truck isnt funny.
You do see a lot of nice women waving at you though:)
After arriving at the field we quickley took over the security of the base. Guarding the fence and patrolling the area.
Using the oilstain method ( developed by a Dutch general in the 20th century, Dutch indies) the soldiers cleaned up more and more areas of suspicious elements.
Than the heart and mind campaign followed.
Citizens in the area received help, the men painted streetfurniture, repaired playing attributes for children, made visits at churches and were visible in the streets. Medics provided first aid for people in need. Food and water was distributed.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/528775_622578447757847_2131549376_n.jpg

In total the exercise last for 3 weeks.
I will add pictures when they become avalailable.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44455947 | Sitemap