18 April 2024, 02:32:11 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: WaT Music Thread Playlist  (Read 9216 times)
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« on: 16 June 2011, 16:35:52 »
ReplyReply

Ok, I managed to get it working:

We now have the official WaT youtube playlist made from the posts in our "Omnipresent Music Thread". The list is not complete yet (only 8 pages of the 45 have been parsed for a total of currently 85 songs so far) and the order might also see a change in the future, but its accessible as from today:

Paste the following link (in the "code" field) into your browser and hit "play" and it will start playing all the list. Below the currently running video you see more of the list so you can skip or jump, always the next song will be played once the current one is finished.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX0gDdZFiJ4&playnext=1&list=PL6059812A4061360C

The list is a bit subjective as I am making it according to my preferences (ordering it), but the system the list is produced by could not be clearer:

I choose one song of the various songs posted in *each* message (the one I like best usually) and add it to the list. If there is only one song I will post this one, if there are more than one I select one.

The only problem I have encountered so far is that there are ads that also display automatically...

Enjoy!

TechAdmin (aka "Rattler", aka "silento46" at youtube)

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2011, 18:11:29 »
ReplyReply

try to make it OBjective as much as possible please
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2011, 20:36:56 »
ReplyReply

You are offending me... Smiley Why would you feel the necessety to state that?  Huh?

Not even an "attaboy"?  congrats  danger  hihi

Anyway,  yesmaster

Actually, I am quite proud of the result (so far), its a true work of art made by all here.

TA

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2011, 06:25:09 »
ReplyReply

Actually, to avoid misconceptions I should maybe make it clear that this list is still quite rudimentary at the moment, and an ongoing project:

- only 8 of 49 pages have been parsed so far

- only pages from the Omnipresent Music Thread have been parsed, the Vietnam Soundtrack has not yet been touched (but will of course)

- Now the list is 96 songs long, when finished I expect it to be around 600 songs long (some 40 hours of music).

So, be patient and stay tuned, the list will grow eventually. Smiley

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Cranky
Sergeant

Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2011, 13:47:30 »
ReplyReply

What I wanna know is:

How do you set it up so they play one after another???

I have my YouTube stuff bookmarked singly, and would like to link them....

Thanks in advance Smiley

If Life gives you Lemons, Burn Them.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2011, 10:26:00 »
ReplyReply

What I wanna know is:

How do you set it up so they play one after another???

I have my YouTube stuff bookmarked singly, and would like to link them....

Thanks in advance Smiley

You have to make a "playlist" in your channel and add the single vids.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Cranky
Sergeant

Australia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2011, 12:54:00 »
ReplyReply

How easy is that?  Smiley

Simple!

Fantastic!

Thanks, Rattler!

If Life gives you Lemons, Burn Them.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2011, 14:32:24 »
ReplyReply

NP, Cranky.

The problem is that the system in youtube truly not is intuitive, I also needed time to figure it out reading up on advice on the net.

Same with later (as in our case) transmitting an URL that makes the playlist play on browsers of *others*, I have been trying this for almost half a year without success (and I dont really know - dont remember - where I finally got the URL from that does it).

They need a guy over there at google/youtube that understands man/machine interfaces not only from an engineering POV but maybe the way the Mac community does (still inspired by the great genious - but officially ignored -  "Woz", who incidentally will probably go back to Apple once Jobs should lose his fight against his cancer), both are lacking significantly in this field: You wont imagine the problems I run into as TechAdmin when I deal with google, it all works but you need ages to figure out how.

I will skip my ideas on the interface here, but should someone be interested, man/machine interfaces are my hobby (both from an aviation POV - remember the change to *vertical* switches from *horizontal* ones to make clear what is "ON and what is "OFF"? - as well as from a software POV: An "intuitive" system should *always* provide you with at least three alternative paths to one same objective) and I would be more than glad to direct anybody to relevant sources.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 19 June 2011, 14:40:26 by Rattler » Logged

TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2011, 01:02:49 »
ReplyReply

List now contains 118 songs (22 = 1hr added), order not (yet) altered.

TA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44435998 | Sitemap