5 May 2024, 17:03:34 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Memories Recovered Project  (Read 2562 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 10 December 2009, 21:27:25 »
ReplyReply

http://www.themrp.org/index.php

My vision for this project started back in 2001 after my uncle Perley (a North Nova Scotia Highlander and D-Day veteran) and I briefly talked about his time overseas. We agreed that documentation of veterans' stories is something that had to be done. To put it in his words, 'Let the young people of today know what happened so it won’t be forgotten.' Unfortunately, he passed away several months afterwards, and I was unable to record his experiences.

It was in the next several years I learned more about the many other uncles(and one aunt) most of whom served and were sent overseas.One of these uncle's,Ernest Glenmore Hill was never to return.He was a North Nova Scotia Highlander and was killed on July 25th at Tilly La Campaigne,France.He is buried at Brettville Sur Laize Canadian War Cemetary.

It was from then on that I decided to ensure that as many veterans that are willing be documented on camera.In this way,we as Canadians will hear it directly from the veterans themselves,and truly understand the hardships and sacrifices they faced in conflict and peacekeeping over the last 70 years.

With the help of many volunteers and sponsors,The Memories Recovered Project is doing just that and to this day has interviewed and documented over 200 veterans to create another historical treasure archive. Many more veterans are waiting to be interviewed.   

This project is a tribute to them, and all of our Canadian military veterans to this day.     

Allan Cameron
Founding President/Producer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44700707 | Sitemap