23 February 2020, 02:45:01 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: HSG Wypolsowa playtest  (Read 1855 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« on: 29 July 2010, 12:00:41 »
ReplyReply

9 january 1942, Kompanie Muller-Hauff, 6th panzerregiment, 3rd panzerdivision.

Oberst leutnant Meuller-Hauff left Kaminsky that morning and headed towards Schumakova.
Panzeregiment Zimmerman was trapped near that town because of fierrce Russian counterattacks.
Bad weather covered his advance and he was able to make a succesfull surprise attack at Wypolsowa, there he destroyed a Russian convoy with light vehicles.
Opposite of the river lays Schumakova.
The Russian company in Wypolsowa fled, but Meuller couldnt reach Schumakova, the bridge was down.
When he tried to find another way his tank and that of Oberfeldwebel hellmich was shot at by a 7.62mm gun.

He pulled back to Wypolsowa and setup defensive positions.
Soon help arrived in the form of panzergrenadiers.
The following days saw counterattacks by the Russians supported by T34s and artillery.
When the unit pulled back at 15 january they lost the last operational tank.

Several T34s were taken out when they reached the village but not by tank fire, infantry with grenades took them out.
Reports by Muller showed that the new panzergranate 40 did nothing against the T34 armor.
Even at 30 to 50 meters shots bounced of the armor.
Another reason for the faillure at Wypolsowa were the slope hills towards the river and lack of cover in the village itself.
Houses were build with 20 to 80 meters of open space between them.

The battle starts when Muller enters Wypolsowa.
Best played as Germans against AI, give the AI a bonus of at least +2 and you get a tough fight.
If you want a challence play head to head, with a bonus for the Russians.

Henk

* HSG Wypolsowa 1.1.cme (33.35 KB - downloaded 142 times.)

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2010, 18:39:38 »
ReplyReply

Does any of the 8 guys who downloaded this battle played it out?
If so please leave some feedback.

Henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 27967780 | Sitemap