9 December 2019, 11:13:43 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Playtest: 19th pz attacks Glowaczow Eastern front 1944  (Read 12270 times)
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 February 2010, 22:07:14 »
ReplyReply

Where have all the Panzers gone...

Where Have all the Flowers Gone?

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 February 2010, 14:38:46 »
ReplyReply

C'mon Koen, bring on your KABOOEM..

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 18 February 2010, 17:26:13 »
ReplyReply

Where have all the Panzers gone...

Where Have all the Flowers Gone?

Hey! That is originally a Marlene Dietrich song from the ´30s ("Sag mir, wo die Blumen sind" will find it in youtube), but I ike it better from Hildegard Knef, a song I heard by my mother and cherished - and that influenced me to a point I guess - when I was just 5-6 or so:

Hildegard Knef-Sag mir wo die Blumen sind ? ?

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 February 2010, 17:30:41 »
ReplyReply

Ja, Ich bin famliar....

Marlene Dietrich Sag mir wo die blumen sind

...but this is my favorite version by my favorite female singer...

Joan Baez - Sagt Mir Wo Die Blumen Sind

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 18 February 2010, 18:02:53 »
ReplyReply

Well, there are more versions, and here why I think they are worthwile posting (w/o at all wanting to enter in a pissing contest):

While myself a great Joan Baez fan, for our generation I find she has not enough "morbidity" in her voice to transmit the soul of the song, the despair and the emptiness in the cycle (Marlene has, but in the WWII context).

For me, there needed to be a new background when I was young, WWII too far away in the past, and Vietnam just (almost) over, the folk version too soft for what I felt, Wolf Biermann and Nina Hagen from East Germany had great versions but they does not exist on youtube.

Then, in the ´80s, around the SS20 discussions, me just out of service over an issue, the song got resurrected in the "NDW" (Neue Deutsche Welle) surge, adapted to the times (in music and lyrics: "...der Präsident ist ausgeklinkt..." = "... the (US) President turned crazy...") by singers my age and with my experience and bkgnd and transmitting much more (for me) the stupidity in (and the resignation over) the neverending cycle both by attitude and voice, here just one example, by Wolf Maahn, 1982, the version that til today *affects* me most, still can wet my eyes as the others cannot:

Wolf Maahn - Sag mir wo die Blumen sind 1982

Rattler
« Last Edit: 18 February 2010, 18:17:31 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 February 2010, 18:57:09 »
ReplyReply

C'mon Koen, bring on your KABOOEM..

euh...I'm leaving for...

Paaldansen

hopefully a more professional one....
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 18 February 2010, 20:05:32 »
ReplyReply

Watching the vid I really was wondering what safety measures the instructor had taken when the lady had to take the hands off the bar (as the fall was previsible), I can completely understand her hefty reaction, she might as well have come out paralyzed or even might have died.

"Always follow your gut feelings in limit situations. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. professionals built the Titanic."

Rattler

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 February 2010, 02:41:13 »
ReplyReply

Thats a very understated version Matt, but quite effective in transmitting the emotional content. Thanks for sharing!

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 February 2010, 19:24:24 »
ReplyReply

Watching the vid I really was wondering what safety measures the instructor had taken when the lady had to take the hands off the bar (as the fall was previsible), I can completely understand her hefty reaction, she might as well have come out paralyzed or even might have died.

"Always follow your gut feelings in limit situations. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. professionals built the Titanic."

Rattler

the instructor is a blond former Miss Belgium...so you can't blame it on here  hihi
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 20 February 2010, 14:05:41 »
ReplyReply

Blond...AND Belgium?

Are you sure she is not to blame Koen  whistle( sorry couldnt resist ) Brede lach

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 February 2010, 14:19:10 »
ReplyReply

Alright Koen, enough of the wrestling girls, back to the war, are you still interested in playing this scenario?

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 February 2010, 19:17:02 »
ReplyReply

Alright Koen, enough of the wrestling girls, back to the war, are you still interested in playing this scenario?

yes, today I went out to get my K1 home
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 March 2010, 21:31:40 »
ReplyReply

Jody and I are engaged in a bloody battle!

my SS troops have now secured the rivercrossings and the 1st line of houses under an overwhelming smokecover

Jody's tank-reinforcements are now entering the battlezone together with this 122mm tanks who seem to be indestructable, my Panthers are doing fine altough they seem to have problems with the wet ground....damn....

good battle Henk, we can think of some modifications but it's more then a good start.... good job  iconclap
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 March 2010, 14:05:12 »
ReplyReply

The destruction of the civilian infrastructure in this battle is ruthless in its execution, however the stalwart defenders shall yield no ground, even now local counterattacks have stymied the fascist drive in many parts of the battlefield. In short time we shall have the enemy retreating with their tails between their legs...

{any resemblance to the truth in the above statement is accidental...}

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24 March 2010, 19:00:50 »
ReplyReply

The destruction of the civilian infrastructure in this battle is ruthless in its execution, however the stalwart defenders shall yield no ground, even now local counterattacks have stymied the fascist drive in many parts of the battlefield. In short time we shall have the enemy retreating with their tails between their legs...

{any resemblance to the truth in the above statement is accidental...}

blabla

at2 .........................................  rocketeer
..........................................  flamer flamer flamer flamer
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 24 March 2010, 20:38:48 »
ReplyReply

Koen,

Just a tiny detail but you have Wehrmacht troops Knipoog
And the battle is pretty historical.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 March 2010, 20:49:55 »
ReplyReply

Koen,

Just a tiny detail but you have Wehrmacht troops Knipoog
And the battle is pretty historical.

Knipoog  Brede lach  oops  clever
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 24 December 2010, 22:42:06 »
ReplyReply

Koen, Facman,

Did you guys finish this test?

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 25 December 2010, 04:06:09 »
ReplyReply

Sorry, I lost track of this one, maybe between my trips between Ca & Ar. dont even remember where we are...

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 December 2010, 11:37:49 »
ReplyReply

Sorry, I lost track of this one, maybe between my trips between Ca & Ar. dont even remember where we are...

is that the one where the Germans attack and have to cross a river/bridges on 1 side and open fields on the other side?
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 27231820 | Sitemap