25 April 2024, 22:19:25 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Turkey terror attacks  (Read 22668 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« on: 16 March 2016, 13:36:02 »
ReplyReply

Saterdays march 12 2016 attack in Ankara was commited by a 24 year old woman, Seher Ça?la Demir born in the northeastern Turkish province Kars.
She joined the PKK in 2013 and received military training from the YPG (Pkk militant faction)
The Turkish ministry of internal affairs announced they identified this woman to be the suicide bomber found in the car used, according to Turkish media.
The bomb blast took 37 lives.
As of now nobody claimed the attack, but the Turkish government allready bombed Kurdish positions in Northern Iraq as a retalliation for the suicide bombing. Their target, the Qandil-mountains, A holy place for the Kurds, the PKK leaders are assumed to be hiding there.

News:
Militant Kurdish faction TAK claimed to be responsible for this attack.
In a statement TAK writes that securitytroops were their prime target.
They said they cant avoid having civilian casualties, according to the statement.

The TAK is also responsible for last months attack on soldiers in Ankara.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2016, 13:43:05 by stoffel » Logged

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2016, 13:55:43 »
ReplyReply

Ankara, Turkey february 17 2016,

A terrorist attack in the city of ANkara took the life of 28 people and injured another 61.
This attack comes at a moment when tensions on the Turkish/Syrian border are rising due to the recent Turkish actions against the Kurds.
The bombing with a carbomb took place hundreds of meters away from the Turkish parliament building, Davutoglú's office and the ministry of defense.
The explosion destroyed a bus with Turkish soldiers waiting at a trafficlight during late afternoon rushhour.
At the same moment Erdogan had a meeting with his national security adviors. Meanwhile Davutoglu cancelled his trip to Brussels.

Turkish media reported the PKK was responsible but in the southeast security sources for the government claimed IS was responsible.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2016, 12:32:57 »
ReplyReply

19-03-2016

Another suicide bombing today in Ankara.
This morning a suicide bomber blew him/herself up in the Taksim neighbourhood.
Target, The Greek consulate in the Istiklalstreet, a busy street with international stores and many consulates.
First reports said 5 (inluding the suicidebomber) people died and 36 were injured including 12 foreigners. Among the dead were 3 Israelis, 1 Iranian and the killer himself.
Turkish securityforces claimed the killer a Turkish native born in Gaziantep in 1992 as a member of IS.
The number of casualties is low because the street were not busy due to the recent attacks.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2016, 19:35:28 »
ReplyReply

30-03-2016

Another bomb killed and wounded people in Turkey today.
This time a carbomb was used in the southeastern city Diyarbakir.
The bomb exploded when a police van passed the car.
7 police men were killed and 20 people including civilian bystanders were wounded.
Responsibility has not been claimed jet but the area is a Kurdish PKK strongpoint which saw heavy figthings lately between Kurds and the army.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2016, 20:21:37 »
ReplyReply

27-04-2016

Bursa,

In Bursa a woman blew herself up near the historic Ulu Cami mosk.
She injured 13 others.
So far nobody claimed to be responsible for this latest attack.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2016, 12:36:48 »
ReplyReply

Thursday may 12,

Eight people have been arrested over a car bomb attack in Istanbul's Sancaktepe neighbourhood, broadcaster NTV said, adding that the suspects included a person believed to have left the explosives-laden car at the scene.
Six soldiers and a civilian were wounded when the car blew up near a military base in Turkey's biggest city on Thursday, the latest in a spate of bombings this year.

Four suspected bomb-makers were killed and 17 people wounded when an explosion ripped through Diyarbakir, a village in the southeast, as PKK fighters loaded explosives on to a small truck, the government said.
That blast was just hours after the car bomb in Istanbul.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2016, 12:08:46 »
ReplyReply

Tuesday may 31,

A bomb explosion killed 4 civilians in the Turkish town Silopi today.
The bomb exploded when a police car drove by.
19 people including 5 police officers got wounded.
Nobody claimed responsibility for the attack.                                     

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 8 June 2016, 14:25:54 »
ReplyReply

June 7, 2016

Istanbul,

Another bombattack hit the Turkish capital.
This time 11 people (8 policemen) were killed and 36 injured among them civilians.
The attack was carried out in morning rush hour in Istanbuls centre, near a university and a popular tourist site.
The explosives were hidden in a parked car, when a bus with policeofficers passed by it was detonated by remote control.
Wittnesses told reuters there was gunfire after the explosion.
Police reported 4 people have been arrested.
Like the other attacks so far nobody claimed to be responsible.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 8 June 2016, 14:29:19 »
ReplyReply

June 8, 2016
Midyat,  southeastern Turkey.

Terrorists hit a policestation with a large bomb.
Authorities said 3 people are confirmed dead and 30 are injured.
No arrests were made so far, responsibility was claimed by the Kurdish TAK movement.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2016, 18:36:03 »
ReplyReply

Today,

Another attack in Turkey. This time at Ataturk airport in Istanbul.
3 terrorists armed with AK's and bombs attacked the airport.
They arrived with a taxi.
1 of them was stopped and shot at a security checkpoint by security forces in the resulting chaos and panick they pulled their weapons and started shooting.
2 others managed to explode their bombs.
41 people were killed and 239 were wounded. According to Istanbuls governor among the deads were no Europeans or Americans.
The dead came from Saoudi-Arabia, Iraq, Iran, China, Oekraine and Oezbekistan.
According to the governer the attack was carried out by IS, it was almost an exact copy of the attack in Brussels.
So far IS has not claimed responsibility for this latest terror attack.
« Last Edit: 2 July 2016, 12:11:07 by stoffel » Logged

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2016, 14:53:04 »
ReplyReply

Dyarbakir,

3 policemen died after their vehicle was hit by an IED.
Their armored vehicle was part of a larger convoy driving on the highway.
The attack occured in the Mardin provence in the southeast.
Kurdish PKK has been accused for the attack according to turkish security officials.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2016, 19:51:07 »
ReplyReply

Diyarbakir,

A car bomb killed six people including four police officers and a child outside a police station in southeastern Turkey on Monday, according to senior government officials who blamed the attack on Kurdish militants.
Twenty-one people, some of them police officers, were wounded in the bombing on a busy road between the city of Diyarbakir, the region's largest, and the district of Bismil, Deputy Prime Ministers Numan Kurtulmus said.
The blast blew out the police station's windows and left the building's twisted metal frame exposed through the concrete and its roof partially collapsed and left a large crater in the road.
The dead included a civilian adult and a child of one of the police officers killed.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2016, 15:08:16 »
ReplyReply

A bloody day today in the southern part of Turkey.
3 bombattacks claimed a total 9 people dead and injured 225 people.
2 Attacks were aimed at policestations.
At night a bomb near a policestation in Van near the Iranian border, killing 1 officer and 2 civilians, wounding 73 others.
The second exploded in Elazig, killing 3 officers and wounding 146 people.
The third attack was in Bitlis with a roadside IED. This attack killed 3 soldiers and wounded 6 more.

The latest wave of attacks comes after a PKK spokesman said police would be this weeks target.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 21 August 2016, 15:44:57 »
ReplyReply

Another terror attack in Turkey.
This time a wedding party in Gaziantep was the target.
According to the Turkish prime minister a child aged 12-14 carried and detonated the bomb.
The blast killed 50 people and wounded another 69, 17 of them are seriously hurt.
The attack is blamed to IS.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 26 August 2016, 12:38:03 »
ReplyReply

Terrorism keeps Turkey in its ugly grasp.
Another attack, this time in Cizre, a small village in the southeastern provence Sirnak.
The blast, presumably by a carbomb, totally destroyed a police building.
At least 11 policemen were killed, 80 people are wounded.
According to the Turkish officials the PKK is to be blamed for this latest act of violence.

The village is located at the Syrian/Iraqi border with Turkey, it has a majority of Kurdish inhabitants.

S-1
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2016, 11:51:14 »
ReplyReply

The airport at Diyarbarkir was attacked this morning.
4 rockets were fired at the airport.
Some landed near the VIP lounge.
So far there are no reports about injuries.
Authorities blame the PKK for this latest act of violence.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 11 December 2016, 11:48:05 »
ReplyReply

New terror attack this time in Istanbul.
Two explosions killed 38 people and wounded another 155, among the dead are 30 policeofficers.
The police men were gathered outside Istanbuls Besiktas stadium. The attack came two hours after the game, supporters and players were allready gone at that time.
The first explosion was caused by a car bomb after that another man, possible a suicide bomber blew himself up.
Reporters also spoke of a short exchange of gunfire.

So far nobody claimed responsability. Police spokesmen said 13 people were taken into custody.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 19 December 2016, 19:35:34 »
ReplyReply

Russian ambassador in Turkey shot dead!!

The Russian ambassador in Ankara has been killed in a shooting at an art gallery in the Turkish capital.
Reports said Andrei Karlov was attending the opening of an exhibit at a contemporary arts centre when he was attacked.
Karlov was several minutes into a speech at the exhibit when a man shouted “Allahu Akbar” and fired at least eight shots, according to an AP photographer who was present.
The attacker also smashed some of the photographs, AP reported.
Karlov had died at the scene, his attacker was killed shortley after when Turkish security forces stormed the room.
According to witnesses the attacker could get close claiming he was a policeofficer (confirmed to be a 22 year old policeman, his roommate was arrested together with some the killers relatives.)
Other statements claimed the attacker blamed Russia for the tragedy in Syria.

Turkish authorities has no clue why he shot the ambassador.
A reason can be that Karlov had been one of the negotiators in the peace deal in Syria regarding Alleppo.
The shooting comes just 3 days before a sceduled meeting with Russias foreign affairs secretary.

Its also embarrasing for security forces in Turkey being a NATO partner that such a high profile VIP can be targeted and killed so easily specially since the killer comes from within their securityforces.
President Putin has called a meeting with his security advisors according to Russian officals.
Moscow  and Ankara also opened a hotline to share information.

To be continued!

« Last Edit: 20 December 2016, 14:59:45 by stoffel » Logged

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 1 January 2017, 14:12:17 »
ReplyReply

The new year started with the first terror attack.

This time nightclub Reina in Istanbul, the scene of jet another massacre.
According to a wittness the gunman first shot a policeman outside the club.
After that he fired round after round inside the club at the defenseless victims, according to the owner 500 to 600 people must have been inside.
39 of them were killed and 90 wounded of which 4 serious.
A newspaper journalist spoke of victims from Iran, Palestine, Kuwait, Saudi-Arabia and Israel.
Camaera footage shows the man running outside changing his cloths.
He has not been arrested.
No responsability has been claimed either, but judging at the victims this must have been the work of ISIS.

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 5 January 2017, 18:31:12 »
ReplyReply

Izmir terror attack,

Today 3 terrorists carried out an attack against Izmirs courthouse.
Police stopped the terrorists before they could reach the court itself.
Their car carrying a heavy bomb, was stopped at a gate.
After a brief firefight the terrorists blew up their bomb.
In the exchange of fire and the aftermath of the explosion a policeman and an employee of the court died.
Two of the 3 terrorists are dead, a third fled from the scene.
Izmirs governor thinks the PKK is behind this ltest attack, however IS could have done this as well.
None of these groups have claimed resposibilty.

Pages:  [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44541917 | Sitemap