19 April 2024, 08:02:47 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: 0369 Requirements USMC MOS  (Read 9585 times)
Tovarish1
Private

View Profile
« on: 3 August 2009, 03:46:32 »
ReplyReply

Hey there everyone. I have two MOS's I'd like to have in the Marine Corps. I'd like to enlist as 0311, and then later on, become 0369. And I'm looking for some good info on the requirements for being an 0369. I know that you have to be a SSgt. But what else is there? How many people wash out of the Infantry Unit Leader Course? Because when I was talking to another Marine, he told me that there's no one who washes out of ITB.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 3 August 2009, 07:57:39 »
ReplyReply

HI,

You might want to put this question in Battlefront.com Tacops forum.
A good marine there can probably answer your question Knipoog

henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 3 August 2009, 13:52:41 »
ReplyReply

This might help you out.

Type of MOS : PMOS    (Primary MOS)

Rank Range: MGySgt to SSgt

Job Description: The infantry unit leader assists commanders and operations officers in the training, deployment and tactical employment of rifle, weapons, LAR, and antitank platoons/companies and infantry, and LAR battalions, are proficient in all the infantry weapons systems. They supervise and coordinate the preparation of personnel, weapons and equipment for movement and combat, the establishment and operation of unit command posts, the fire and movement between tactical units, the fire of supporting arms, and the unit resupply and casualty evacuation effort. As a platoon sergeant or section leader in the rifle, scout sniper, weapons, heavy machinegun, LAR, and anti-armor platoons, he advises the platoon commander on all issues of discipline, morale and welfare.

Job Requirements: Complete the Infantry Unit Leader Course at SDI, Camp Pendleton, CA, or SDI, Camp Lejeune, NC, or have held either MOS 0311, 0313, 0331, 0341, 0351 or 0352 upon selection to staff sergeant.

Duties: For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC Directive 3500.87, Training and Readiness Manual.

Related Department of Labor Occupation Codes :

Infantry Unit Leader 378.137-010.

Related Marine Corps Jobs:

None.

Above information derived from MCBUL 1200, parts 2 and 3

(As you can see by the highlighted section, if you make SSG while in a qualifying MOS, you need not attend the school as you will have learned all that is needed via OJT)

Good Luck & Semper Fi!

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 4 August 2009, 19:17:52 »
ReplyReply

Henk sez:
You might want to put this question in Battlefront.com Tacops forum.
A good marine there can probably answer your question

What am I, chopped liver?

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 4 August 2009, 22:30:17 »
ReplyReply

Henk is Dutch...  whistle

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44449189 | Sitemap