18 April 2024, 04:13:49 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Where we live  (Read 93495 times)
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 23 December 2009, 02:45:17 »
ReplyReply

As come on Jody.....remember GLOBAL WARMING?

Huh???

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 23 December 2009, 04:19:38 »
ReplyReply

He is probably confusing me up with you, Jody (as *I* mentioned the 125 yrs)?

What MR does not see looking just at the thermometer, is this is *just exactly* one part of the models used by the "scarers", a drop of 30+ degrees in temperatures beween Summer and Winter within less than 3 days, no Autumn inbetween.

Al said it would happen in the Med eventually, it happened this year here, and for the first time since registered weather (124 yrs).

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Mad Russian

« Reply #102 on: 23 December 2009, 07:47:35 »
ReplyReply

Yup....sorry Jody, it's Rattle that needs to have the talk with Al...

No more cold weather records being broken!!! How can we have global warming everywhere and all these cold weather records being broken?? Al just won't have it.

Good Hunting.

MR
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 23 December 2009, 21:06:08 »
ReplyReply

One word:  WINTER. Taken today:

censored on request

And this I think my son took the other night,  I believe he was trying to make the snow a different color.   Brede lach

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 23 December 2009, 22:25:14 »
ReplyReply

-snip- And this I think my son took the other night,  I believe he was trying to make the snow a different color.   Brede lach

<Quoted Image Removed>

Cool, on the way to become a photo journalist  Grijns !

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 23 December 2009, 22:47:14 »
ReplyReply

Grijns

I swear he didn't just pee on it!  I think it was some kind of Koolaid.

I'm on a roll today, here's more taken a few mins ago.  

Must say my garden looks pretty in winter.  Smiley

One of the baby trees I planted a couple of years ago,  still growing, albeit very slowly:

Mad Russian

« Reply #106 on: 24 December 2009, 03:00:45 »
ReplyReply

It's Mountain Dew Jilly....the can kind of gives it away....

Good Hunting.

MR
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 25 December 2009, 00:26:51 »
ReplyReply

MR,  I think you a right.  Smiley

It made an interesting photo anyway.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 25 December 2009, 07:05:15 »
ReplyReply

(drunk comment coming home at 0600 the morning from a disco night, strangely seem capabale to write - I sure was not capapble to pss my entrnce door at first try, and I am convnced it will hurt me tomoorw reding what i wrote this morning as comments, but I feel like cmnting anywy): He will mak a great photo journalist if he keeps that up!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 25 December 2009, 14:41:08 by Rattler, Reason: Took the worst typos out so the post at least can be understood... » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 25 December 2009, 14:34:13 »
ReplyReply

So, how was your christmas eve?

As promised, a quick rundown of mine:

I had the task of doing the "Lonelies´" dinner here in the village, as for the last years (http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fohlmer.es%2Fblog%2F250&sl=de&tl=en), but, as we are in Spain, again things turned out differently: I had 3 invites, none of them turned up, there I was with my dinner... Frustration and anger about to ruin my noble christmas feeeligs...

Anyway, met some people right outside my house who had gotten lost here at the "ass of the world" and asked me where they were, with the heavy (90 km/h) storm and rain I invited them to kill the food with me, we spent nice three hours eating and chatting in front of the fire place, finally maybe even better than it would have been with the original invites.

Then, I went to the christmas mass in the neighbouring village, an interesting experience (first time ever I went to it on Mallorca), very different from what I excpected...

MALLORCA - Misa del Gallo

After that, hot chocolate (not kakao, molten chocolate!) in the village bar, and then, at 0200 in the morning, off to the disco of the next village on the line, I really enjoyed dancing with all the beautiful ladies of the village, almost without pause.

I had organized two taxis for the morning, one to take *me* and my doggies home, the other to take my car  home,. but, as Mr. Murphy is a good friend of mine, when we exited the disco at 0600, my car had it´s battery gone dead, got to go and look for it now (another taxi again, with cables to get me started).

In total, a nice (if a bit drunk in the end, all those nice GinTonix Smiley )

In total, a nice and round evening, now, the storm has vanished and I have awoken to a warm and nice sunny day as we have them here in winter sometimes... Smiley

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 26 December 2009, 00:17:18 »
ReplyReply

good to hear you're fine  smallclap
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 26 December 2009, 02:03:03 »
ReplyReply

Sounds like you had a fun evening.   Smiley

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 4 January 2010, 22:25:27 »
ReplyReply

It's been snowing a lot the last few days:

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 26 January 2010, 19:45:49 »
ReplyReply

Something a little different.  Here's a clip I made of my dog yesterday on my Youtube account:

Angel

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 26 January 2010, 21:24:38 »
ReplyReply

Nice vid, why so short? Smiley

Yesterday saw a movie I could not view all through because it gave me the creeps in certain parts: "Eight below" ("Bajo Zero" in Spanish). A story about a dog leader who, by bad luck, had to leave his pack of sledge Huskies/Malamuts behind, all chained up, in the Arctics, in midst of a snow storm.

If you ever owned more than one dog at a time, you will see the thruth in the pictures of that film, amazing those packs and how they operate, and - as I said - I could not stand all the film with them dying one by one over the 6 months they were alone. If you ever have the chance, a movie well worth viewing, it is about loyality and friendship, for me some of the most precious values we can strive for:

You Are Not Alone-Eight Below Clips

The end, though, was rewarding for the tears shed (sorry, but, yes, I am a romantic!):

Eight Below Part 12

The thing is, my dogs were watching attentively all through, seems they have a way to understand TV!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 26 January 2010, 21:49:15 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 27 January 2010, 23:32:13 »
ReplyReply

Dogs are smarter than we give them credit for,  Rattler.

I like the vids.  My one was so short because I did it in a bit of a rush.

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 10 February 2010, 03:51:49 »
ReplyReply

The models for global warming indicate warmer temps increase moisture in air, which results in more snow in winters. Therefore current conditions complement the global warming theory. Question to those who may doubt the theory, do you wear seatbelts when driving?

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 10 February 2010, 16:13:49 »
ReplyReply

As if I am not shedding enough tears this week, as I spend my last days with my Koda!
It snowed for a couple of days here and even on 3 legs my boy wants to romp through it like when we lived on the lake in Washington.  cry

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 10 February 2010, 19:56:05 »
ReplyReply

As if I am not shedding enough tears this week, as I spend my last days with my Koda!
It snowed for a couple of days here and even on 3 legs my boy wants to romp through it like when we lived on the lake in Washington.  cry

sad to here, make sure you have some warm memories...
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 20 February 2010, 17:30:34 »
ReplyReply

Ok,
Well promised long ago so here are the pics of my home Smiley

Winter view at the garden in the back.

Winterview in front of the house in the street.

Henks HQ/ops room

Henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44436821 | Sitemap