19 May 2024, 00:47:04 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Where we live  (Read 93938 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: 5 July 2010, 15:35:21 »
ReplyReply

wow, indeed! Blessed country you hve!

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: 31 August 2010, 09:05:39 »
ReplyReply

Some photos of my land, Spain

This is in Granada a couple months this summer. (the awful thing on left it´s me)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 1 September 2010, 04:49:49 »
ReplyReply

I've been thinking about what MontyB said recently about where I live reminding him of the 'Blair Witch' project.  Well,  just for him,  here is a video confirming that he is very correct!  I took this a couple of days ago:

See that sort of terrain scares the c**p out of me and for some reason I just expected to see big foot striding across the path at any moment, I really just hate silence I can't even sleep without noise yet I can sleep through anything.

PS. Was that Big foot in the clearing at 44 seconds in the second video?

Some photos of my land, Spain

This is in Granada a couple months this summer. (the awful thing on left it´s me)

<Quoted Image Removed>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See this is my ideal "solitude" it looks quiet yet it is clear that there is life there.

We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 15 January 2011, 21:49:26 »
ReplyReply

Not all is bad in Spain, but as always most is pretty hilarious:

- Tonight we will end the "Emergency State 1 - Sate of Alarm" (and we will by 0000 this morning not be under martial law anymore) and the ATC guys will be made civilians again after 43 days. Ministry of defense has ordered all soldiers involved in guarding the ATC monsters during this time to receive the red ribboned  "Medal for Mmerit in Combat".  champ

- Our King also always produces news: See him here when receiving the new ambassadors (first one from Morroco - news all by itself as diplomatic exchange had been cut - , 2nd one from Honduras), watch what happens after 30 seconds into the vid...  iconclap

Rey Juan Carlos - 10.01.2011

There exists another take form the same scene (but you can hardly hear what it is all about) where you can see the shocked and terrified faces of the journalists around when they all mentally seem to check: "Is that mine???"

What the King said there? Translated: "Well, I have this kind of a bit stupid mobile.... sorry!" (Bueno, tengo un movil un tanto... Perdona)

Of course, this has started an avalanche of people selling right this tone, one of the better examples here (Reyclon = King Clone):

El Politono del Rey

- About the new (and worlds´ hardest) anti-smokers law I will probably write a seperate post, suffices to say that (Spain is super slow motion in all) 15 days after having been installed suddenly resistance is forming, and from all sides: Bars have to close and declare themselves "rebels", neighbours have convinced police in some cities to not allow after 10 o´clock at night people outside of restaurants, bars and discos because they cannot sleep because of the extra noise; cities have to ban gas stoves off the streets or regulate their use by decrete ("only one stove per 4 tables" in Madrid, e.g.); no umbrellas allowed anymore in Barcelona on restaurant terraces; people feel that banning "Casablanca" and Bette Davis from cinemas and television just because the new law says no film may be shown where someone smokes is going a tad to far, etc...  hdbng

Rattler
« Last Edit: 15 January 2011, 22:01:41 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 16 January 2011, 16:17:58 »
ReplyReply

See that sort of terrain scares the c**p out of me and for some reason I just expected to see big foot striding across the path at any moment, I really just hate silence I can't even sleep without noise yet I can sleep through anything.

PS. Was that Big foot in the clearing at 44 seconds in the second video?

It could very well be, Monty Knipoog

Soldiero,  you look so relaxed  and at peace there...

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: 16 January 2011, 21:52:19 »
ReplyReply

Soldiero,  you look so relaxed  and at peace there...

erm, without wanting to meddle, I think it is "Solideo" ("solid" might serve as a bridge). Looking at the photo it has either been side swapped or he really is one of the rare people that wear their watch on the right arm... Smiley

Rattler

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 18 January 2011, 11:20:47 »
ReplyReply

erm, without wanting to meddle, I think it is &quot;Solideo&quot; (&quot;solid&quot; might serve as a bridge). Looking at the photo it has either been side swapped or he really is one of the rare people that wear their watch on the right arm... Smiley

Rattler

I do...I wear watch on right arm. I use both hands for almost everything (don´t thing about selfpleasure...first you thought for sure Smiley ). Play football with left, use fork with both, shoot both hands...write with right... use iscisors with both....I am rare, I know)

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 19 January 2011, 17:18:59 »
ReplyReply

Hello everybody, to this day i'm still living in Belgium :p
Administrative Co-Worker
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 19 January 2011, 19:12:01 »
ReplyReply

I'm closing this topic for a couple of days (we'll keep it as short as possible) due to the personal request of a member concerned with the member's privacy.

Minor changes will be made without losing the continuity of the thread.

We thank you for your patience.

ps: Mike, great to hear you're still alive  Knipoog
Administrative Co-Worker
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 12 February 2011, 12:19:20 »
ReplyReply

ok friends, the topic is open for business again  salute
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 12 February 2011, 12:24:46 »
ReplyReply

thx admin  Brede lach

what's up? what you've been doing?

me? I? well, we did some shopping last the previous.... we're still in the dark and short days (no fun arriving at home after work during the week) so it was time to get out and relax

I found an advert on a 2nd hand website that someone was selling Ospreys CHEAP nearby.... went to him and yep.... quite a collection! His father was a modeller and passed away a couple of months ago. So now his son was selling out.
I kept myself to German WWII copies and got 43 (+ 2 books) for 100€, cheap, not? hihi

also bought the misses some clothes (to keep the peace, love and fire in the marriage  Tong )

and to end some new Blu-Rays, these things are getting cheaper day-by-day... 3 (good movies) for 30€...

on monday I got a new 'help' at work.... again.... he's young (20) but seems to be a nice guy.... he's doing fine and is a relaxed and intelligent young man... I do need some help 'cause the workload has been over-the-max the last months... he's doing the walking and handling but seems to be fast in learning on the pc also... I'll do the bookkeeping as much as possible..

his S is mine from 0700-1200 in the warehouse and from 1300-1600 he works in the workshop to prepare new cars and minor repairs.

and you?

oh yeah, I also gave myself a nice present (http://www.nikkawhisky.eu/en/intro.html)

I already got as a present: Nikka Pure Malt Red (which was a GREAT gift, very nice whisky, totally my taste)

and now I bought for myself: Nikka Taketsuru 12 Y.... didn't open it yet... curious about the smell and taste

Description : The reputation of the 17 and 21 year old Taketsurus is already well established. This young 12 year old has no need to feel embarrassed in front of its illustrious elders thanks to great balance and freshness.
Color : Amber with bronze highlights.
Nose : very soft and almost cakey, malt is accompanied by notes of cooked apple and peaches which confer an agreeable sense of « tarte tatin » .
Palate : just as soft as the nose. Never straying very far away from notes of apples and pears?something like a crumble?but equally salted butter caramel.

I know, again I'm collecting.....  Tong
The life of a legendary couple intertwined with the history of one of the world's best whiskies.
ONCE UPON A TIME…

Masataka Taketsuru "The visionary" (20/6/1894 – 29/8/1979)

Masataka Taketsuru, seen as the father of Japanese whisky, was born in 1894 into a family that had been sake producers since 1733.

After training as a chemist, he was hired by an Osaka-based company, Settsu Shuzo, which was planning to produce a Japanese whisky. The young Taketsuru was therefore sent to Scotland in 1919 in order to acquire the necessary technical knowledge and a minimum of experience. He studied at Glasgow University, also learning about the art of blending and distilling. He quickly became passionate about this Celtic spirit, and decided to devote his life to it. His dream was to create a malt distillery in Japan.

When he returned to Japan in 1920, he realised that the project for which he had been recruited was not going to see the light of day. And, following the 1922 stock market crash, he lost his job. A year later, he joined the Kotobukiya group, for which he built a distillery close to Kyoto. This is how he became the father of the very first Japanese whisky in 1924.

In 1934, he decided to strike out on his own. Masataka Taketsuru remembered from his experience in Scotland that the environment was essential for producing a quality whisky.

He was a visionary who created the company Nippo Kaju and undertook the construction of the Yoichi distillery on Hokkaido. In 1939, he began his first blends. War broke out, but this did not stop him from bringing out his first bottle in 1940. In 1952, the company definitively adopted the name Nikka Whisky.

His growing success enabled him to establish a second distillery in 1969 on the island of Honshu close to the city of Sendaï.
Masataka Taketsuru died ten years later, aged 85.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 12 February 2011, 20:02:23 »
ReplyReply

the misses just got a sms from an ex-co-worker: a woman she knew well and worked with committed suicide.

ag 42, victorious of a very agressive cancer but now treated as shit in the company-transfer.

as in most cases we'll propably never know the exact reason but in such a short timeframe after everything that happened in that firm it's most likely that the 'business' mentality of the bosses had something to do with it.

sad to hear, makes you think of all the lonely people out there who can't find a person to share their feelings with....
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: 12 February 2011, 21:40:02 »
ReplyReply

suicide is an option, but you have to think twice on how to commit it, dont make others suffer (hitting a train will have the train conductor with nightmares and PTSS until the end of his life):

One of my best friends (mentioned it before) is in the UCI, final cancer stage, more dead than alive. He does not even recognize anbody anymore, his brain is damaged beyond repair. They cut his morphine, because "morphine might kill him" (how absurd can we get?).

They have given him the "final" sacraments three times now (DEC 1, DEC 20, JAN 20), always involving the family to come from the continent to our island, and he still resists.

I dont know why and how he does, but I guess (and appreciate) he will have his reasons, but they are not mine.

For me, this would be a no-no. Suicide (you dont suffer) is the way to go while you can to keep the survivors from suffering (NOTE: Its always the left-behinds suffering).

Outsiders takes and actions surely play a role, so:

My take is to never tell *anybody* if I should become terminately ill.

Telling just one person is enough, you only give problems to the people around you, their compassion will not change anything for you and your illness (except make you feel bad for even have mentioned it), and they are better off treating you normally without the "CANCER!!" alert in the back of their brains.

This said, sorry to hear from your friend, but from my POV the way to go.

There is a day for all of us (no survivors on this planet, yet: Might be different for our kids), once you know its inevitable my take would be to reduce suffering to thirds. Maybe this lady thought alike?

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 12 February 2011, 22:44:08 »
ReplyReply

the issue is that she had beaten the cancer... she was a silent type... a more introvert type
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 16 February 2011, 21:16:32 »
ReplyReply

the issue is that she had beaten the cancer... she was a silent type... a more introvert type

latest news is that she decided to stop her medication (cancer treatment) and food/drinks

she told family that friends were taking care and vice-versa... she decided and afterwards waited for her death
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 18 February 2011, 21:50:25 »
ReplyReply

the new guy I got at work to help me?

in 2 weeks twice sick....  Onbeslist

really getting desperate... what's up with young people these days...?
Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 24 February 2011, 19:21:53 »
ReplyReply

hello everybody,

@ Koen: alot of young people are spoiled to much, i'm glad my army father gave me a childhood filled with diciplin and respect Smiley
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 24 February 2011, 20:07:33 »
ReplyReply

hello everybody,

@ Koen: alot of young people are spoiled to much, i'm glad my army father gave me a childhood filled with diciplin and respect Smiley

hey bud, yeah.... well he's back now and altough he's been sick twice I'm pleased with his work. So fingers crossed for the future  Rollende ogen
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 24 February 2011, 20:36:26 »
ReplyReply

Basically it comes down to this:

We have ( my generation whom now has 16 year+ children) grown up with shortages.
A lot of us couldnt get a good education.
We had practically nothing accept a cd player and a vcr when we were 16.
Now we can afford to send our kids to school and give them everything they want......
We work all day or dont look after the children, hence we spoil them with even more expensive gifts.
At school they are tought that with the schools diploma they can get a well payed top class job without doing anything for the money.
Our children believe money comes out of the wall and you dont have to do anything for it.
Discipline is a dirty word, children are allowed to do what they want, dont respect authority anymore.

The right program for spoiled, lazy and waisted children.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 24 February 2011, 21:26:26 »
ReplyReply

Basically it comes down to this:

We have ( my generation whom now has 16 year+ children) grown up with shortages.
A lot of us couldnt get a good education.
We had practically nothing accept a cd player and a vcr when we were 16.
Now we can afford to send our kids to school and give them everything they want......
We work all day or dont look after the children, hence we spoil them with even more expensive gifts.
At school they are tought that with the schools diploma they can get a well payed top class job without doing anything for the money.
Our children believe money comes out of the wall and you dont have to do anything for it.
Discipline is a dirty word, children are allowed to do what they want, dont respect authority anymore.

The right program for spoiled, lazy and waisted children.

pfffffffff... don't agree 100%
shortages were present then and now

we're from the same era so I don't see the shortage as a problem, more the lack of attention to children.
I see alot of parents with 2 cars, big house, 3 holidays/year etc which all need to be payed, this means extra hours or longer home-work travels. With leads to less time WITH the children. In the morning to daycare and after school to schoolcare. That's shortage!

And yes, boys need a time in the army, even for short period(s). Metal bed, cold floor, dirty showers....

One of my questions to my new aid: do you make your sandwiches yourself?
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44878625 | Sitemap