29 March 2024, 06:47:27 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: What is the latest news from your country?  (Read 51220 times)
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« on: 21 November 2009, 20:45:18 »
ReplyReply

Anything interesting happening right now in your neck of the woods?  It doesn't have to be Military related.  

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2009, 20:48:46 »
ReplyReply

It rains a lot in Western Canada.  And lately there has been severe flooding in  Vancouver Island.  One of the reasons I moved away from that area,  way too wet and rainy.

Link:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/11/20/bc-flooding-cowichan-valley-duncan.html

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2009, 22:21:49 »
ReplyReply

We have our hands full:

- major crisis that we will come out last (40% unemployed here on the island with resulting rise in burglary, robbrery, etc.). Lost all my jobs within the last 2 month, no unemployment payment here.

- pirates issue after the guys from the ALKRANA have been liberated: 20 weeddings in Somalia apparantly paid by Spanish state (pirates made 4 millions+).

- 126 new corruption cases this year, 80 top politicians involved, total pirated money 4000.000.000 Euros (4000 Millions), talk pirates in Somalia again...

- A-Flu epedemic now with over 50.000 new cases weekly, 1115 dead so far, expected to rise exponentially...

- Rattler is running a MBX which is stressful on participants and is colliding with his planed long absence going AFRICA.

- Rattlers girlfriends all left him recently for some reason, the words "Africa" and "MBX" have been mentioned...

Everything else way in the green, the weather is too good to be true for November, but we have sunglasses and soon a new (old) car and hence are ready for a mission of God.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2009, 22:25:58 »
ReplyReply

latest news from Belgium?

our prime-minister has been elected first European president...good job...BUT...this means that the old prime-minister who f**cked up very bad will become the new prime minister....it's so stupid it's hilarious....we're in the middle of dividing Belgium in 2...he was removed because he made a mess of it and now he returns....F**K...what's wrong with this country?Huh?Huh??
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2009, 22:44:02 »
ReplyReply

That doesn't sound like too good a situation, Koen. 

Regarding Chinese torture,  everyone is disgusted with it, as well as many other basic human rights that are not followed in that country. Like child labor,  a little while ago,  there was the scandal of tainted baby formula where some  babies died.  It's not a place to be or live, for sure.  There are still dire poor in the country, although some are now quite wealthy too.

Rattler -

40% unemployment is very high on your Island.  Tell me,  how does it compare to the rest of Spain,  what are the unemployment figures in mainland Spain?

50,000 flu cases weekly?  What area does that cover?  Do you mean world wide?

What is MBX and why does it collide with going to Africa?

How many girlfriends do you have and why have they left?   Onbeslist

The weather here has been good too,  I love it.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2009, 22:51:51 »
ReplyReply

about the flu...

the name of the flu has been changed from PIG flu to Mexican flu in 2008 since the Jewish people were offended...latest report from Mexico...PLZ change the name....tourism has dropped to panic status since people are afraid to come to Mexico....

hilarious...
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2009, 22:58:23 »
ReplyReply

Yes,  it's ridiculous.  Political Correctness gone crazy.

Have you had your vaccination yet?  I've decided not to have one.  The vaccine is too new for me to trust,  especially when it comes to giving it to my kids.    Just have to see how things go...

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2009, 23:02:26 »
ReplyReply

Yes,  it's ridiculous.  Political Correctness gone crazy.

Have you had your vaccination yet?  I've decided not to have one.  The vaccine is too new for me to trust,  especially when it comes to giving it to my kids.    Just have to see how things go...

no, no vaccination for me...I'm old fashion in medication...first I want to give my body a chance to deal with the problem...on its own...
Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2009, 00:54:06 »
ReplyReply

I got the vaccination, but as a nursing student it was not really a choice Knipoog
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2009, 13:33:27 »
ReplyReply

It's the same here, Mike.  All the health care people have to have it regardless.

Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2009, 18:37:51 »
ReplyReply

yeah, and i did not get sick from it  Brede lach

did you feel anything?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2009, 20:08:08 »
ReplyReply

vaccination for me, but as we are the Ass of Europe (or is it Portugal?) I have to wait another 8 weeks before its avilable...

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2009, 22:39:06 »
ReplyReply

Mike,  I haven't had the shot,  and I don't really want it.  I'm much like Koen,  I'm very cautious as what I put in my body.  There's been too many vaccinations in the past, that weren't tested properly or long enough and were later found to give all sorts of problems.

Rattler,  Ass of Europe?  I thought you liked Spain.

Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2009, 22:52:09 »
ReplyReply

okay, lol and rattler Spain is not the ass of europe, its a nice sunny place. Not like Belgium were its all dark and rain at the moment :s
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2009, 18:38:26 »
ReplyReply

okay, lol and rattler Spain is not the ass of europe, its a nice sunny place. Not like Belgium were its all dark and rain at the moment :s

yeah, autumn has finally arrived and everybody starts complaining...why? it's quite normal that it rains these times...

for me the new/old prime minister in Belgium keeps me annoying....damn...politics are so easy....you get a job....you f*** it up...you get another job....and then you return to the first job....the one you f**** up before  hdbng hdbng hdbng
Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2009, 19:14:29 »
ReplyReply

I think the fear of vaccinations, especially the ones for children is over hyped.  There are risks in every thing we do daily.  If you just look at odds though, the risks from the diseases are far greater than the risks from the vaccinations.  The H1N1 vaccine was made exactly the same way as the seasonal flu vaccine.  As far as I know there have been no adverse effects from it.  Has anyone heard differently?
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2009, 19:17:34 »
ReplyReply

Funnily enough, I just spoke to someone at the clinic,  and they are giving shots to the kids at the local high school Dec 8.  My two older boys refuse to have it done.  My 10 years old....not sure, if I want him to have it or not, still have to think about it.

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2009, 22:36:39 »
ReplyReply

I may be wrong, but I think the young are especially prone to H1N1. A great many of the fatalities seem to be children. I heard somewhere that the reason older folks aren't affected by it as much is because we have antibodies from a similar strain that passed through many years ago. You'll have to check me on that, as I rate it only a rumor at this time. Still I'd not gamble with my kids life as he has never gotten sick from any inoculations in the past. My money is with Tanker on this one.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 24 November 2009, 00:44:13 »
ReplyReply

.. and mine.

Had a flu once, you´re better off risk wise (I had one in the ´80s and as a fairly fit young man I thought I would die then, won´t want to got through that one again now with chronical bronchitis and 25 yrs later, my guess is I wouldn´t make it through), but if you never had one and are below 35, vaccinate would be my bet.

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 24 November 2009, 01:03:20 »
ReplyReply

Rattler -

woohoo !!!, a wave of questions, and all in half a post  hatsoff, lets see:

40% unemployment is very high on your Island.  Tell me,  how does it compare to the rest of Spain,  what are the unemployment figures in mainland Spain?

IIRC atm Spain has an overall rate of 19.3% unemployment, doubling the average in the Euro Zone. Here on the island we are now even worse off because tourism with it´s season til OCT is a major factor of economy.

50,000 flu cases weekly?  What area does that cover?  Do you mean world wide?

We currently (it has risen significantly again since I wrote that msg) *in Spain* have a weekly - NOV 8 to 14 - Swine Flu new case rate of 155.000 average (still rising). Spain, not the world.

115 dead so far. The infection rate has now reached 390 of 100.000 persons, the week before it was 320. http://www.publico.es/espana/271187/gripe/cobra/espana/vida/personas Enter this URL into the translator for reading it in English: http://translate.google.com/?hl=es#

What is MBX and why does it collide with going to Africa?

ad 1): http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/games-reviewspreviews-general-discussions/mbx-faq-and-overview/

ad 2): http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/games-reviewspreviews-general-discussions/attn-wargamers-training-mbx/

How many girlfriends do you have and why have they left?   Onbeslist

I have  lost count over the decades, really, remember I am over 50... Smiley

They usually leave for the same reasons which I will gladly explain in private one day...  whistle

Rattler
« Last Edit: 24 November 2009, 01:12:44 by Rattler » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166634 | Sitemap