29 March 2024, 07:39:14 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: What is the latest news from your country?  (Read 51224 times)
MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 20 May 2010, 08:42:23 »
ReplyReply

Well have several for me.

Smiley

We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 22 May 2010, 11:57:14 »
ReplyReply

Latest news from my country..."IS"...that my school semester is finally over, and I really need a "Beer", Knipoog ehehehehehhe.... xangel

well, did you survive the 'beers'?  hihi
the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 23 May 2010, 04:32:45 »
ReplyReply

South Korea went official about North Korea's sinking of the South Korean patrol ship RoKS Choenan yesterday.
Believe it or not, there are large elements in South Korea not happy with the outcome of the investigation.  You know, the ones in bed with North Korea.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 8 June 2010, 20:40:49 »
ReplyReply

VERY IMPORTANT ELECTIONS ARE COMING.....

If/when you have the time you should read it...very interesting and unique, we as Belgians find it hard to understand and difficult to know if there's still some politicians to believe and who?

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Nation+could+split+party+leader+says/3096113/story.html
The head of a Flemish party that advocates the breakup of Belgium and is leading opinion polls before next month's election says the linguistically divided country could gradually disappear over coming decades............

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2010/0528/1224271297857.html
FLEMISH NATIONALISTS are leading opinion polls before the Belgian general election next month, raising the prospect of renewed political stalemate as the country prepares to assume the EU’s rotating presidency............

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/benelux/100602/belgium-political-language-flemish-independence
Flanders doesn't feel like a breeding ground of radical nationalism and separatism that threatens the first break up of a western European nation since the 1940s......................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/10227430.stm
Language row looms over Belgian election

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/may/28/euro-zone-crisis-belgium
For a long time, it seemed as if Belgium was the cuckoo in the nest of the European Union: the state that could muster neither a hard core of cohesive national pride like most of its neighbours, nor the will to split apart, as the Czechs and the Slovaks did.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 21 September 2010, 17:27:01 »
ReplyReply

well, today is the happy 100th day celebration of a country looking for a government....

we still don't have a government in Belgium (neither have the Dutch)...

the issue? try do divide a country during the formation of new parlement!

read more and listen to: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11379323
or this report including the scandalous report on abuse by catholic priests and bishops (what really pisses me off!  reddevil ): http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/belgium/index.html?scp=1-spot&sq=belgium&st=cse
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 16 October 2010, 13:22:13 »
ReplyReply

well...we're still waiting for a new government....the complete show is taking over all newspapers and media..
but no new government is still better than the Dutch government who need the opoosition, the islamofobic, racist http://www.geertwilders.nl/, to do their job. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders)

but luckily we have an archbishop who will release a book shortly...

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/news/101014_AIDS

Archbishop: "AIDS is a kind of justice"

The book is a collection of conversations with the Archbishop about his youth, career and ideas.
The book was compiled by the journalists Dominique Minten and Louis Mahoux, who held lengthy conversations with the Belgian Primate. It sketches his youth and career and also focuses in on problems that the Roman Catholic Church is currently wrestling with.
The Archbishop who is seen as a conservative does not pull his punches. Speaking about AIDS he says that this is a kind "immanent justice".
He compares AIDS with environmental challenges and points to man's responsibility for global warming.
The Archbishop's spokesman Jürgen Mettepenningen read the proofs of the book and voiced his concern about this passage, but André-Joseph Léonard decided to let it stand.
Jürgen Mettepenningen: "When the Archbishop spoke of homosexuality as a misunderstood form of sexuality I also sounded the alarm. I thought that this could be formulated in a better way. But I don't have the job of thinking for him. I am only his spokesman."

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/news/101015_Leonard_reacts

The Belgian Archbishop, André Léonard, has given a press conference to comment on his controversial statement that "AIDS is a kind of justice", which caused a storm of protests. The Archbishop told reporters that he was misunderstood.
The Archbishop said that he only voiced his opinion on promiscuous sexual behaviour leading to AIDS.
"AIDS is not a punishment by God, but a logical consequence of changing sexual contacts", André Léonard explains. "I was not talking about AIDS caused by blood transfusions or as an illness that you are born with."
The Archbishop made a comparison with smoking to explain his words: "If someone gets lung cancer through smoking, the cancer is a kind of immanent justice. The person in question was aware of what he did, and his choices have a consequence."
The Archbishop added that he feels a lot of sympathy for AIDS patients and that he does not want to make a judgement. He refers to another statement in his book, where he says that these people should not be discriminated.

well done sucker  reddevil, with these kinds of comments you really show that you understand 1. that church is in a really bad shape these days and 2. you understand how the real world works

needless to say that these messages are THE issue we all talk about in Belgium  hdbng
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 16 October 2010, 16:52:44 »
ReplyReply

Clearly using the word 'justice' in relation to an illness, is judgemental by its very nature. Being raised a catholic, I can read between the lines. "We (the church) warned you against sinful behavior, now you suffer the consequences." Therein lies the reason my faith did not survive Vietnam.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 21 November 2010, 15:26:12 »
ReplyReply

just an update on Belgium...

still no new government  hdbng
still no catholics punished
we're having a beautiful autumn
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 21 November 2010, 16:52:53 »
ReplyReply

Im not too worried about this...I just hope that if there is a God, he did say, "Judgement is mine..." when they meet him, thats when you'll see the blasphemers get theirs.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 21 November 2010, 17:25:49 »
ReplyReply

Im not too worried about this...I just hope that if there is a God, he did say, "Judgement is mine..." when they meet him, thats when you'll see the blasphemers get theirs.

it's sad that we, and I do understand what you're saying, have to wish for the final judgement
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 22 November 2010, 15:33:24 »
ReplyReply

Bad news here.....

The new government decided (as always) to cut the defense budget again.
This time with 650 million euros.

Now 4 weeks later the secretary of defense ( who said he would veto evry other attempt to further cut the budget) was hit by Alzheimer and forgot about his previous statement.
Now the department has to save 1 milliard euros and 10.000 people will lose their jobs!
Slowly we are destroying a once perfectly balanced and well trained army from the inside Bedroefd
The entire reservecomponent has been shut down untill january, we havent trained for 6 months.
The government has turned the clock back to 1939.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 22 November 2010, 16:05:39 »
ReplyReply

Do any in your govt remember 1939?

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 22 November 2010, 20:51:18 »
ReplyReply

yesterday evening we had the first serious talkshow on TV about the split of Belgium:

how it would/could be done?
in how many parts? Flanders - Brussels - Wallonia - German speaking territory or a combination of 1 or more
where would Brussels go? into Flanders or Wallonia or a seperate mini-state?
what with companies, football, the army, the royals etc....

you think your country is having a difficult time?

be asured, the only thing that keeps Belgium from the main pages is it's size....

there is at this moment NO WAY OUT, NO SOLUTION .... we had negotitiators, clarificators, pre-formationists and many more but we're still where we left +150 days ago at the elections....
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 22 November 2010, 21:22:31 »
ReplyReply

No Facman Bedroefd

They even dont remember what happened in Srebrenica and they make the same mistakes over and over again Bedroefd
Nice example:
With over a 100 milliard dollars spent on weapons India has become a huge power.
It cann endanger our trade because now it has aircraftcarriers with MIG 29s.

Where we cut the budget for the defense department and fire up to 10.000 men and women we gave India 194 million euro to help their poor.......... hdbng

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 23 November 2010, 07:48:25 »
ReplyReply

well, having India as a friend might be the sensible way to go in the situation you describe, no?

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 26 November 2010, 09:07:26 »
ReplyReply

What I really meant is that a lot of people dont understand why we cut the defense budget, firing 10.000 people,  where we give the money we save from our budget to a country that spends many times more money for its defense than we ever can imagine here......  hdbng

Fact is that the Dutch army has to abandone units and weaponsystems again.
The department hasnt even finished restructuring from the previous cuts.
We cant fulfill the NATO donations and tasks anymore, I wonder what NATO will do next......
And as an example of how are government deals with people...
2000 new recruits whom already passed the selection and were promised a job, were told in a telephonecall last week that they couldnt join the army anymore. whistle

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44167254 | Sitemap