18 April 2024, 17:37:03 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: What is the latest news from your country?  (Read 51447 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 27 April 2010, 21:27:48 »
ReplyReply

Koen I have heard of that in Spanish news, we humans, sometimes look like the down in evolution rates.

Rattler...I don´t like football, Lol.

My friend, that was not about soccer, it was about the Spanish way of working things Smiley, soccer was just a publicly (vid) available example... Smiley

Rattler
« Last Edit: 27 April 2010, 21:55:07 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 27 April 2010, 21:37:41 »
ReplyReply

A question of Solideo or Rattler:  How much would you expect to pay for  a house in Spain.

----   a 3 or 4 bed room a fixer upper?

----  a 3 or 4 bedroom that is in reasonable condition?

----  does it depend on the location?  Which areas are cheaper and which are more expensive?

I really depends on location.

Take the island where I live, Mallorca: Cost per sqm will be around 2000 Euros+

Take Spain main land, there are (a last life project I would love to find people for, any takers!!??) *WHOLE VILLAGES* (almost abandoned) for sale at around 15.000+ Euros (of cause, because nobody wants to live there, they usually are in rural areas with hard climatic conditions either way: Rain or Heat, or Cold, no infrastructure, and the youth -so it existed- has left ofr the cities to earn a living: Running an Olive Orchard is not the way to make money nowadays...), some of them have been bought and become real beauties by private inititiative of (normally) young people, renting out the places for work input and activating tourism.

Examples:

1. This village (Lacasta), inc. castle, is for sale for 189.000 Euros (that is the price of an average apartment in any other place in Europe):

España Directo: Lacasta, pueblo abandonado en venta

2. The villages shown in the next vid cost between 50.000 and 200.000 Euros (the vid name has it: "Where Silence Lives"), you can take ti (and the responibilities) tomorrow.

Pueblos Abandonados de Tierras Altas de Soria

This  one costs 5.999 Euros, alltogether:

UMBRALEJO, UN PUEBLO ABANDONADO CON FUTURO

This one was for free, if you were a baker, carpenter or plumber and promise to keep the profession going (a Romanian family took it over):

Se Ofrece Vida Nueva (Offer: A New Life). Tempero (24/06/2007)

There are literally hundreds of them.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 27 April 2010, 21:54:11 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 28 April 2010, 00:04:20 »
ReplyReply

Wow, Mallorca is very expensive. 

A whole village for only 189,000 euros?  It says in the clip that it's actually 189 MILLION Euros?     Would this include the   land the buildings are on too?  I have heard that Spain has some funny laws for foreigners who buy property there.  In that they have to give it up if the government asks them to.  Is this so?

You work in real estate don't you Rattler?  Tell me,  just how run down are these properties?   I can see that it would be a major project for some developer,  someone who has the cash flow to fix them up and make them livable.  And  then there's the infrastructure to think about...

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 28 April 2010, 04:05:57 »
ReplyReply

Wow, Mallorca is very expensive. 

A whole village for only 189,000 euros?  It says in the clip that it's actually 189 MILLION Euros?

"Mil" in Spanish means "thousand" in English... Smiley 189.000 Euros, not Millions Smiley
Would this include the land the buildings are on too?

Yes, of cause.

I have heard that Spain has some funny laws for foreigners who buy property there.  In that they have to give it up if the government asks them to.  Is this so?

Not that I knew of. Laws for foreign buyers are the same as for Spanish buyers, no difference. You can be forced to cede your land (foreigner or Spaniard alike) if a project like a motorway etc. needs it, but it will have to be for parliament decision that has declared public interest. Apart from this there is no way you can be forced to let your land to government. In France, there is a law that foreigners can not inherit land they bought to their heirs, once they die it falls back to the government, but this is not the case in Spain.

Tell me,  just how run down are these properties?   I can see that it would be a major project for some developer,  someone who has the cash flow to fix them up and make them livable.  And  then there's the infrastructure to think about...

This totally depends on the village, there are completely inctact (if not on modern standards) houses as well as run down ones, the whole spectrum.

Rattler

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 29 April 2010, 03:46:10 »
ReplyReply

It was suppossed man...

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 29 April 2010, 21:43:02 »
ReplyReply

Thanks Rattler,  that is so interesting...

In France, there is a law that foreigners can not inherit land they bought to their heirs, once they die it falls back to the government, but this is not the case in Spain.

I was just wondering where you got this info. from?  do you have a link for this?

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 30 April 2010, 08:31:45 »
ReplyReply

Today one of the most important basque terrorist has dissapeared. Kwaad

De Juana, who was living in North Ireland is any unknown place a month ago.  hdbng This looks like a Marx brothers film. Stupidity to the limits.

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 30 April 2010, 12:14:52 »
ReplyReply

Today one of the most important basque terrorist has dissapeared. Kwaad

De Juana, who was living in North Ireland is any unknown place a month ago.  hdbng This looks like a Marx brothers film. Stupidity to the limits.

if they knew where he was...why wasn't he arrested then by Irish police? no exchange treaty between Ireland and Spain?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 30 April 2010, 12:53:18 »
ReplyReply

The story is like follows:

- De Juana Chaos left prison in Spain in August 2008 after serving a term of 21 years for 25 aassinations and moved to Belfast

- Spain - for a speech he had held when leaving prison - asked Norhtern Ireland for his extradicition on a charge of glorification of terrorism.

- He got processed, and Northern Irish judge in March gave green light for his extradiction to Spain.

- During all this time he was on conditional liberty (had to be in his house from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m.) and had to report daily to the police.

- Now, after his attourneys had appelled the decison for extradiction to Spain he was waiting for the final verdict.

Yesterday it made the news, that:

- Since one month he had not reported to the police, nor was he seen in his house

- Belfast did *not* take any action when he did not report in for the first time, nor later.

- Belfast did *not* find it necessary to report this to the Spanish authorities, who got the news yesterday via BBC with a month delay.

It looks he has been on the run for a month now.

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 30 April 2010, 18:19:52 »
ReplyReply

The story is like follows:

- De Juana Chaos left prison in Spain in August 2008 after serving a term of 21 years for 25 aassinations and moved to Belfast

- Spain - for a speech he had held when leaving prison - asked Norhtern Ireland for his extradicition on a charge of glorification of terrorism.

- He got processed, and Northern Irish judge in March gave green light for his extradiction to Spain.

- During all this time he was on conditional liberty (had to be in his house from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m.) and had to report daily to the police.

- Now, after his attourneys had appelled the decison for extradiction to Spain he was waiting for the final verdict.

Yesterday it made the news, that:

- Since one month he had not reported to the police, nor was he seen in his house

- Belfast did *not* take any action when he did not report in for the first time, nor later.

- Belfast did *not* find it necessary to report this to the Spanish authorities, who got the news yesterday via BBC with a month delay.

It looks he has been on the run for a month now.

Rattler

euh...good job?  grrr
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 30 April 2010, 20:13:15 »
ReplyReply

Belgian lawmakers pass burka ban

sources:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8652861.stm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/7653814/Belgian-MPs-vote-to-ban-the-burqa.html
http://www.rferl.org/content/Belgium_Lawmakers_Vote_To_Ban_Wearing_FullFace_Veil_In_Public/2028503.html

Belgium's lower house of parliament has voted for a law that would ban women from wearing the full Islamic face veil in public.

The law would ban any clothing that obscures the identity of the wearer in places like parks and on the street. No-one voted against it.

The law now goes to the Senate, where it may face challenges over its wording, which may delay it.

If passed, the ban would be the first move of its kind in Europe.

Only around 30 women wear this kind of veil in Belgium, out of a Muslim population of around half a million.

The BBC's Dominic Hughes in Brussels says MPs backed the legislation on the grounds of security, to allow police to identify people.

Other MPs said that the full face veil was a symbol of the oppression of women, our correspondent says.

Senate approval

Thursday's vote was almost unanimous with 134 MPs in support of the law and two abstentions.

It is expected to pass through the Senate without being blocked, with initial reports saying it could come into law as early as June or July.

But the Liberals and Christian Democrats - both represented in the Senate - say they will question the phrasing of the law, which could cause delays.

It will also take longer to become law if elections are called, as parliament would have to be dissolved. The Belgium government collapsed last week.

The Muslim Executive of Belgium has criticised the move, saying it would lead to women who do wear the full veil to be trapped in their homes.

Amnesty International said a ban would set a "dangerous precedent".

In a statement, the human rights group said it would "violate the rights to freedom of expression and religion of those women who wear the burqa or niqab as an expression of their identity and beliefs".

The ban would be imposed in all buildings or grounds that are "meant for public use or to provide services", including streets, parks and sports grounds.

Exceptions could be made for certain festivals.

Those who break the law could face a fine of 15-25 euros (£13-£27) or a seven-day jail sentence.

dunno what you think of it but I agree with the ban for several reasons:

1. women are equal / no discrimination
2. identification purposes when needed, asked or not asked by police (what when police want to see a 'face'? call help from a female cop?)
3. why 'hide' if you have nothing to 'hide'?

and, correct me when I'm wrong, but I don't think the Islam asks for women to be wearing a burka?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 30 April 2010, 23:18:23 »
ReplyReply

Personally I do have a big problem with *imposing* dress rules on people by state, for various reasons, the main being that once that goes through, where is the barrier of state telling me it is illegal to wear jeans if I want to? I went nuts on the supposed "carnival ban" in Germaany in the 70s when it was supposed that wearing a mask was akin to treason, because security forces could not identify you in a (possible) Commie manifestation/demonstration?? ??  Ever crossed your mind why Franco prohibited (catholic) Carnival in this (catholic) country where I live?

Dont fall into this trap (but it looks populism, as in the 30´s, wins, at least in Belgium and Arizona...).

Seriously, being a left liberal, this is not what state should be allowed to decide by law, I was against it in the 70s when it affected me and my buddies ("Vermummungsverbot" = Mummery Prohibition, still in vigor in Germany, here a translation of the relevan WIkipedia entry: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fde.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FVermummungsverbot&sl=de&tl=en) , I am against it now when it is others affected (the same goes for the right of - hated from my POV! - NeoNazis expressing their screwed ideas publically, my mil life was trying to reserve this possibilty for *everybody*, else from my POV we would fall again for state dictating values where people do not have a say - Jeans? Prohibited, because we say so !!).

OTOH I will not accept  at face value the juridical claim of a muslim asking for religious liberty if he comes from a state as Marroco, where constituion grants same liberty in theory, but Christians are not allowed to build a church (that is for building Saudi Arab financed Moques), I really want him to explain why he needs a mosque here and Christians cannot hav e a church there...

For me this comes down to ideologically fueled bigotry, along the populistic line of "You came here because you wanted. Adapt to our rules (or: - openly, publically - fiight for the people that made the journey the other way around having the same rights in your country of origin if constitution has it). I, to a certain degree, go along with that, quite conscious of what constitution grants *everybody* living here.

It is a difficult decision, but in the end my take is that *we* are the people (of this country) that fought over centuries to have certain rights (and it is sacrilege from my POV to deny them as the Belgians did, wasting lifes lived of fight for what makes us: Secularism and anti- absolutism for a populistic effect: Goebells, anyone?):

Let everybody live his religion, but in our countries, make immigrants *accept* the rules that come with living in it, or leave (oh, so it is not the pace you wanted to live after all?), no ofeense or laws necessary, just a social consensus (SOCIAL = not necessary POLITICAL).

Really, lets come to our senses, if I choose to live on Mallorca as a German, I have to accept there are Malloquin rules that differ from whaat I was used to in Germany, right?

Rattler

« Last Edit: 30 April 2010, 23:42:58 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 1 May 2010, 00:01:22 »
ReplyReply

1. women are equal / no discrimination
2. identification purposes when needed, asked or not asked by police (what when police want to see a 'face'? call help from a female cop?)
3. why 'hide' if you have nothing to 'hide'?

and, correct me when I'm wrong, but I don't think the Islam asks for women to be wearing a burka?

For # 1&2&3, even if I am sure this is not your intention, you are asking for a dicatorial state following a polulistic and personal impulse instead of thinking it through in depth: See my before post, Jeans prohibited? Carnival masking prohibited?

For your last sentence, indeed islam does not call for a Burkha, it depends (as so often) on how you interpret the writing, in this case it is sura 33, espicifically verse 53:

Islam Bible (Qu´uran) goes like this: http://www.submission.org/suras/sura33.html

[33:53] O you who believe, do not enter the prophet's homes unless you are given permission to eat, nor shall you force such an invitation in any manner. If you are invited, you may enter. When you finish eating, you shall leave; do not engage him in lengthy conversations. This used to hurt the prophet, and he was too shy to tell you. But GOD does not shy away from the truth. If you have to ask his wives for something, ask them from behind a barrier. This is purer for your hearts and their hearts. You are not to hurt the messenger of God. You shall not marry his wives after him, for this would be a gross offense in the sight of God.

The word "barrier" has been intrpreted over the centuries, and has come down according to the Islamic religion tree to either "Yihab" or "Burkha", but what so many ignore is that it just was meant for the women of Muhammad (and none else, at least in the letter), there are several contemporary interpreters in range of an Imam that do not read the obligation in the verse.

Frankly, I have the feeling you have your bible down pat (do you? When did you last read it? Dont answer, just double check your stance...!) but do not really have read Quran (I am glad I was forced in the 60s to read it and interpret it in school, together and paralkel with Bible, Gilgamesh Epos, Buddhistic and Hinduistic sources et al. Want to take a look seriously?: http://submission.org/suras/).

Rattler
« Last Edit: 1 May 2010, 00:17:38 by Rattler » Logged

the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 1 May 2010, 04:37:17 »
ReplyReply

We're wondering what the hell to do with North Korea.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 1 May 2010, 16:17:11 »
ReplyReply

@ Rattler, I don't see this as dress rules and neither do I want a police state where everything gets ruled by law & police or to impose laws on foreigners.

I'm not strongly into "inhabitants" and "foreigners" definitions, borders are for me not really an issue. I don't see myself as a 'Vlaming' or 'Belgian', I see myself more as a Western guy or let's say 'northern hemisphere'.

Colours or religion makes no difference in people to me. I don't know what this makes me but I'm quite 'free' in action and thinking.

A question I ask myself alot; when I was at school I couldn't wear a hat or baseballcap. That was schoollaw and I could agree.
But now all hell breaks loose when a school says no to ALL head covers! Why? Because Islamitic girls say it's for their religion. Is it really so that Islam asks girls to wear their heads covered? (yes, this is almost the same question I asked you concerning the burka)

Don't blame me for not knowing any bibles or written texts. Therefore I ask questions, to learn. I was never into religions.... because I only see negative reports when it comes to religions...war / child abuse / terrorism and much more.

respect

ps: was the 'wearing masks' in Germany not a (negative) result of the RAF?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 1 May 2010, 21:51:30 »
ReplyReply

@ Rattler, I don't see this as dress rules -snip- ...when I was at school I couldn't wear a hat or baseballcap. That was school (dress, R.) law and I could agree.

So, you are even stating it yourself and contradicting the first half of your statement: Dress rule (law) after all! (...and being in agreement does not necessarily make a law constitutional or "right", most of the times it just shows that law makers got a sense for populism, we had that 75 yrs ago, thank you...).

The problem is: One thing is a *school* rule (we currently have the case in Spain) - as you know about the rules before you decide which school you choose, and should rules change during your stay, you could change school  - which I find OK, or a *state* rule on its citizens.

For me that brings back the memories of the long list of "rules" imposed by state on a part of the citizens because of religion (all applauded at that time as the hiyab prohibition now) that Monty brought so nicely back to our attention:

April 21, 1933 - Ritual butcher of animals for nutrition purposes ("Schächten") is forbidden.

September 15, 1935 - Jews and Non-Jews are forbidden to have non-conjugal sexual intercourse

July 2, 1937 - Jewish pupils who are still in public schools may not participate in school events

July 6, 1938 - Jews may not practice anymore as brokers, matrimonial agents and tourist guides

From Jan. 1, 1939, all Jews are required to carry "Israel" or "Sara" as additional given name.

November 28, 1938 - Jews may at certain times not stay in specified areas open to the public anymore.

October 28, 1939 - Jews must fix a Star of David on their front door.

October 23, 1939 - Jews have to wear the "Jew Star" visibly on their clothes.

etc.

Sounds familiar under the muslim aspect?

Belgium, France, Germany, Spain: For Jews, er... Muslims, ritual butcher of animals for nutrition purposes ("Schächten") is forbidden; Jews, er... Moslems, may not wear a Burkha on the street anymore, od a hiyab on public places...; mosques may not have a muezzin, etc... (I am exaggerating here, of cause, but with the Jews in Germany it started out with small things also and I fear we re on the same track, from my POV in Germany it will be ruled inconsitutional, and rightly so).

Maybe I am over sensitive to that, but we have gone through this before as a nation and people and are - rightly so - until today questioned as to "how could you let this happen?!".

Point is, it goes gradually, and liberty is lost in small fractions at a time, and even under applause of everybody present...

My take - and firmly so - is that state has not to iimpose any dress rules, positive or negative: Neither has he the right to force a certan religion to wear a signal that identifies them as belonging to it (star), nor has he the right to request that you *not* wear a signal identifying you as belonging to a religious group (what about nuns?).

was the 'wearing masks' in Germany not a (negative) result of the RAF?

Nothing (or only very little) to do with it.

In Germany we had as a result of the 68 situation a law that forced everybody who applied for being a functionary or public job holder (postmen, teachers, street cleaners and soldiers, just to name a few) to prove that he "actively" supported our constitution, else he was not allowed to distribute e.g letters or recolect garbage as  political risk.

Of cause, this was on the height of the Cold War, and directed against anything communist (or suspiciously close to it, whatver that means), and as such was actually anti-constitutional (the ironing here that law makers voluntarily broke constitution to save it...  Huh?).

The problem was that if you, just as an example, participated in a nonviolent and totally legal (even officially allowed and protected by police) demonstration, lets say e.g. against house speculation in Frankfurt, your picture would be taken by the "Verfassungsschutz" (Constitution Protection Police wold be the closest translation), and then the pictures would be screened in Higher, assuming that taking part in a demonstration was not what would be considered "active" support of the constitution (as you were protesting against a constitutional right on speculation, i.e. capitalism, even if you were attacking the bad side of it).

For us soldiers, but also for many others, e.g. people like Henk, this resulted in some serious questioning by authorities, and then in 80+% termination of your state job.

As a result people started wearing masks on those demonstrations, which then again triggered the law forbidding wearing masks in public, with the effect that all participants on public carnival moves were suddenly criminls (nobody had thought the consequences through).

Later (80s) it went even further: As you could not be sanctioned for a demonstrating for some idea if you did not apply violence, a law was made that qualified "standing or sitting on a street inhibiting free circulation of traffic by presence" (the classical sit-in) as "violence"...

The real irony behind all this is that the people I know and that had joined our ranks in those years were actually not asking anything else but that the constitution would be validated and valued as what it was and is: The juridical base we are standing on... We called that (and I feel part of this movement until today) "Verfassungspatriotismus" (translated, more or less as: "Patriot to the Constitution" as opposed to the "motherland"), and this was what we were fighting for in the 70s, be it as teachers, soldiers, thinkers, students or whatever.

As with all "temporary" restrictions imposed once by politics, none of those has never been lifted and still is law in vigor in Germany in all mentioned aspects (they solved the constitutional conflict problems by taking the functionary status off postmen or street cleaners and simply decreting that sit-ins will not be prosecuted anymore, can be reversed tomorrow if needed...).

The only connection with RAF terrorism is that it was the same time frame and originated by the same problems felt, nothing more.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 1 May 2010, 22:36:09 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2 May 2010, 03:52:09 »
ReplyReply

In France, there is a law that foreigners can not inherit land they bought to their heirs, once they die it falls back to the government, but this is not the case in Spain.

I was just wondering where you got this info. from?  do you have a link for this?

Rattler, I am still waiting for you to answer my question.    hdbng

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2 May 2010, 05:31:43 »
ReplyReply

I was just wondering where you got this info. from?  do you have a link for this?

Rattler, I am still waiting for you to answer my question.    hdbng

Sorry, Jilly, had forgotten about that one.

I do not recall where I have this information from exactly, I remember having read it over a decade ago when this was installed and I am quoting from my memory here: Apparently too many Germans bought houses in the south of France was the reason for modifying the laws there. The newspapers I read at that time were the daily "Süddeutsche Zeitung" and the weekly "Der Spiegel", I would  think it was from one of those two.

Maybe somebody is interested to do some internet research on that?

On first attempt, and not in detail, I just found that things are indeed difficult:

http://www.slowtrav.com/france/planning/real_estate.htm :

Inheritance rules in France are rather complex and quite restrictive as well, especially with respect to real estate. Regardless of the owner's legal residence, the disposal of biens immeubles [real estate] in France is subject to the regulations of French law. The impact of these laws can often be quite different than that to which we, in the US, are accustomed. In many cases, rules of inheritance favor children or other family members over spouses. There are ways of ensuring one's wishes after death are followed, but doing so is not a simple matter. One popular, but not uncomplicated, way to deal with inheritance issues is to purchase the property through a limited corporation called a société civile immobilière or SCI. Simply put, since shares in a company are classified in France as biens meubles [personal property], they are not governed by restrictive French inheritance and taxation regulations. Thus, the disposal of real estate purchased through such corporation is not subject to the same stringent laws as is property classified as biens immeubles. All in all, it is advisable for the prospective homeowner in France to seek legal advice regarding inheritance issues before purchasing.

In-depth information here (though, not intending to ever buy something in France, I did not read it Smiley ): http://www.about-french-riviera.com/french-succession-law.html

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2 May 2010, 11:13:51 »
ReplyReply

@Rattler: true, it's a matter of where to start and where to stop and once you started how to stop it before it gets out of hand

One thing I'm sure of is that it doesn't have the same background as Germany in the '30s. In this case it has nothing to do with religion, Belgium is not at all a christian protective country.
Different religions go well together here in Belgium.

Here, for most people, it's about 2 things: 1. is that religion may not be the reason/excuse to cover your face in public places and 2. that at school religion should not be allowed to break school rules

To give you some examples that religion is not the base why this new rule will be voted:
christian crosses are being removed from schools and other public places for along time now (de-religioning places)
pictures of the Belgian King and Queen have been removed from most public places (as a result of the federalisation of Belgium)

So please do NOT get me wrong, not me neither 99% of the other Belgians have a problem with 'other' religions
sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 20 May 2010, 06:19:18 »
ReplyReply

Latest news from my country..."IS"...that my school semester is finally over, and I really need a "Beer", Knipoog ehehehehehhe.... xangel

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44443355 | Sitemap