30 April 2024, 13:49:50 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: What do men look for in a woman?  (Read 53138 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 28 December 2009, 00:02:03 »
ReplyReply

Quote: and I guess you just looked at it an said: "Hey! That fits!").

Yes, that's right, that's what happened.  I've never seen any others from her or anyone else,  I don't check out 'relationship' videos.  After all everyone has their own take on what is right and what is not.  But  that one I posted, fits in with what I believe.

I actually don't think it's a good idea to go on about our ex.s.  Sure  she might already know about your past relationships,   but if she  cares for you, then she will not appreciate you bringing up your ex.  too often.  For instance if I was seeing a guy who would talk about his ex.  then I would wonder if he doesn't still have feelings for her, and if he does, then that would be a big problem, at least for me.  When I am serious about a guy,  he had better forget all about is ex.  or it's not going to work.  I give my all to a relationship and I expect the same back in return.  And,  I admit,  I am very possessive, and am not capable of sharing or being 2nd best to anyone, at least if I really care of the man.  It's either all or nothing.  It just doesn't work any other way with me.

Well, mabe here is a big difference on how men and women think (or at least, on how you and me think):

My ex are (and will always be) part of my life, they shaped me with their love while it worked, and they hurt me with their attacks in the times it didn´t work, still, that is my history, and nobody I ever loved will be negated this part of my life´s history that she formed nor that part of forming me as person and character just because it is not love anymore what I feel for her, or because I feel neutral or even to the extreme, because I feel lack of respect.

This has never anything to do with my present feelings or relationships, only as far as it is part of my history, personally I have no problem hearing about my antecessors with any lady.

I am practical in this respect: If he was better, she would be with him, not with me, the rest is Q.E.D...

Different takes, I guess.

Rattler

EDIT P.S. (and as afterthought some hours later): I have learned over the years to check out my loves also in the respect how they went of their exes: Di they leave me for him, I knew I would be left for someone else in the future the same way; did they stick to him like glued, I knew my next rival would have the same problem when trying to wrench her from me; did they firght thier ex to death, with lawyers, jusdges, denouncing and being traitors, well: Off we walked, and quickly, always the other direction!; did they cherish their ex and treat him as friend, how comforting: I would end up along the same line and not in a deadly life/death quarrell about kids, money and accusations... Interesting, no?

R.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2009, 03:55:06 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 28 December 2009, 03:53:46 »
ReplyReply

what do men look for in a woman?Huh? LOL...well i have the right answer....."A woman that's attractive and that can please her man in bed Knipoog".lol..... xangel

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 28 December 2009, 03:56:17 »
ReplyReply

Sorry, sky, but that just qualifies for a one/two/three nighter... Smiley (no offense meant, of cause, we men also only qualify on that level for the same  Brede lach)

A woman  must (at least for me, to qualify for something more) have the ability to make you feel at home when you are with her (and, I agree, there might be different definitions on how this might be achieved, e.g. in Germany we say: "Love goes through the stomach", so cooking well helps from our POV, others might still have other ideas).

Also, NOTE, I edited my above post after your post.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 28 December 2009, 04:01:35 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28 December 2009, 04:00:46 »
ReplyReply

Sorry, sky, but that just qualifies for a one/two/three nighter... Smiley (no offense meant, of cause, we men also only qualify on that level for the same  Brede lach)

A woman  must (at least for me, to qualify for something more) have the ability to make you feel at home when you are with her (and, I agree, there might be different definitions on how this might be achieved).

Rattler

LOL, hahahhaha....I knew you were gonna say that.....lol.....I know those are not the qualifications, but it damn sure looks and feels that way most times Bedroefd....

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 28 December 2009, 04:02:25 »
ReplyReply

Maybe it would be an idea to double check (and even think about revisiting) your preying scheme, then? Smiley

Rattler

A woman  must (at least for me, to qualify for something more) have the ability to make you feel at home when you are with her (and, I agree, there might be different definitions on how this might be achieved).

Rattler

LOL, hahahhaha....I knew you were gonna say that.....lol.....I know those are not the qualifications, but it damn sure looks and feels that way most times Bedroefd....

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28 December 2009, 04:05:13 »
ReplyReply

Maybe you should double check your preying cheme, then? Smiley

Rattler

Sigh....yeah, I should....but i gave up already, lol.....I'm focusing on myself, my kiddo's, and my priorities for now...."Si el amor viene,...pues' viene"....and if hes' for me then he'll come around....

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 28 December 2009, 07:46:41 »
ReplyReply

WHAT DO A MAN LOOK FOR A WOMAN?Huh?Huh?? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

It depends on the woman. There are women you can look for a thing or other depending the moment, the situation, the needs, and the man. So this is just like talking about gender of angels.

Perfect woman is like this http://www.filofiel.com/tienda/images/MULTIUSOS.jpg exactly the same that they hope from a man.

Extreme utility for everything depending of what you need in any moment.  whistle

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 28 December 2009, 09:51:01 »
ReplyReply

Perfect woman is like this http://www.filofiel.com/tienda/images/MULTIUSOS.jpg exactly the same that they hope from a man.

Extreme utility for everything depending of what you need in any moment.  whistle

This woman looks a bit heavy, no? Smiley

Rattler

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 28 December 2009, 17:39:51 »
ReplyReply

I have to agree with Sky in some ways.   I think men are very visual and an attractive woman will always win over an unattractive one.  Truth is, for men, looks matter as much as, (if not more than), intelligence, education, or even wealth.  If this wasn't the case why do so many influential men marry air-heads?

But I think Sky and I have an advantage over most women because we have it all  Knipoog    The looks, the intelligence etc.    Tong

As for what I look for in a man:  a sense of humor (very important).  I can't resist an intelligent man, air-heads bore me to tears, no matter how good looking. Compassion and passion for life, kindness.  I think it's the same for most women?

And then of course, there has to be chemistry. 

Now that should be easy to find.....   hdbng        waa

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 28 December 2009, 17:42:29 »
ReplyReply

um...is FACman taken?   Just asking.... Smiley

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 28 December 2009, 19:08:56 »
ReplyReply

I have to agree with Sky in some ways.   I think men are very visual and an attractive woman will always win over an unattractive one.  Truth is, for men, looks matter as much as, (if not more than), intelligence, education, or even wealth.  If this wasn't the case why do so many influential men marry air-heads?

But I think Sky and I have an advantage over most women because we have it all  Knipoog    The looks, the intelligence etc.    Tong

I'm with ya on this one girl Knipoog......and yes, we do have a great package going on here, If I might add lol.....hugs! xangel

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 28 December 2009, 22:34:48 »
ReplyReply

is FACman taken?

Hook, line and sinker! Hence my referral to asking Mary if you could tag along to Vietnam. Going on 13 years (or is it 14), we share a strength that holds us together even when apart. I daresay, I adore her. Her love for me is so strong, that the coming move by me to California, without her, though it brings pain, is supported because she understands my heart so well as to know the necessity. We both understand that sacrifice for the well being of the tribe is essential. Her loving nature is mirrored within me and I pray that I am worthy of her affections.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 28 December 2009, 23:12:30 »
ReplyReply

congrats

I was just kidding FACman.  I'm well aware of your total devotion to Mary.    Lucky Mary. 

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 29 December 2009, 01:25:40 »
ReplyReply

It is the 2nd I time I hear you refering to " the tribe", I like that picture.

All the best,

Rattler

is FACman taken?

Hook, line and sinker! Hence my referral to asking Mary if you could tag along to Vietnam. Going on 13 years (or is it 14), we share a strength that holds us together even when apart. I daresay, I adore her. Her love for me is so strong, that the coming move by me to California, without her, though it brings pain, is supported because she understands my heart so well as to know the necessity. We both understand that sacrifice for the well being of the tribe is essential. Her loving nature is mirrored within me and I pray that I am worthy of her affections.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 29 December 2009, 01:54:33 »
ReplyReply

EDIT P.S. (and as afterthought some hours later): I have learned over the years to check out my loves also in the respect how they went of their exes: Di they leave me for him, I knew I would be left for someone else in the future the same way; did they stick to him like glued, I knew my next rival would have the same problem when trying to wrench her from me; did they firght thier ex to death, with lawyers, jusdges, denouncing and being traitors, well: Off we walked, and quickly, always the other direction!; did they cherish their ex and treat him as friend, how comforting: I would end up along the same line and not in a deadly life/death quarrell about kids, money and accusations... Interesting, no?

R.

I agree with that,  Rattler.  People don't really change,  hardly ever in fact. If  a man or woman cheats than than they will always do it.  If he or she leaves someone for you, then they will probably do the same to you etc.   very true.

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: 29 December 2009, 08:31:19 »
ReplyReply

yeah, she is (for Rattler´s question)

In the line og the thread....I have decided it´s better not looking for anything in a woman, in life is better not searching but finding. When you look wishing to find anything your mind is not as clear as desirable, you disturb reality, better going on in a normal way of life and if you find...great.

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 29 December 2009, 11:55:10 »
ReplyReply

Wise words, Solideo!  salute

Rattler

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 29 December 2009, 15:47:04 »
ReplyReply

Aye Solideo, tis a wise man that accepts his fate rather than fool himself into believing he truly controls all of it, especially his choice of a 'spousa'

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 30 December 2009, 21:46:55 »
ReplyReply

yeah, she is (for Rattler´s question)

In the line og the thread....I have decided it´s better not looking for anything in a woman, in life is better not searching but finding. When you look wishing to find anything your mind is not as clear as desirable, you disturb reality, better going on in a normal way of life and if you find...great.

true, my wife and I met by phone and we talked for about 3hours while I was driving towards Paris.

that phonecall was so 'new' for the both us that it 'clicked', we never saw eachother before but we knew that we never wanted to loose eachother again...

there were obstacles as she being 11 years older, not capable anymore in giving me children and my mental state at that time so we were friends for some months before we became a couple...

the looks were not important, I'm not saying that my wife is a donkey....well, I hope you get the point...

I was always CRAZY about women, and still am, their curves, skin, voice, hair and more and my wife certainly doesn't match my criteria but....she's the one for me  congrats
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 31 December 2009, 00:10:50 »
ReplyReply

my wife certainly doesn't match my criteria

Thats the little head speaking not your heart... whistle

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: