29 March 2024, 07:28:00 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The summer of 2009  (Read 14486 times)
Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 4 October 2009, 10:39:35 »
ReplyReply

hehehehe stress stress stress , any news Koen? :p
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 4 October 2009, 11:40:14 »
ReplyReply

hehehehe stress stress stress , any news Koen? :p

njet, not yet...I have a good feeling about this garage...would like to start there...50/50 chance... waa
Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 4 October 2009, 20:04:45 »
ReplyReply

I have my fingers crossed for you Knipoog
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 5 October 2009, 14:07:39 »
ReplyReply

I have my fingers crossed for you Knipoog

waiting...still waiting...at 1700hr I'll give them a call

tomorrow will be busy: they all need personnel in the function I'm looking for!

08.00hr: Honda garage (the closest one and smallest from the 3)
09.00hr: Mercedes garage (bit further and the biggest)
10.00hr: Toyota garage (middle size, unknown to me)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 6 October 2009, 11:48:09 »
ReplyReply

damn....hard work!

I thought that in these times it would be tough to find a job?

1. started this morning at an Opel garage where they need a parts manager...man...the warehouse was a disaster...It will take many months to turn that pile of junk into a warehouse...it will be a challenge but that's ok, it's a challenge (5 days, 8-17)

2nd one was a Mercedes garage who immediately fell off my list...the boss was rude, impolite and...well...if that was his 'normal' doing???

3rd one was a Toyota garage where they were impressed by my level of experience...they had to think on how they could use me the best way since I have more experience than they were looking for...they promised to call back today/tomorrow
the interview went well

meanwhile I'm still talking to the Volvo garage where they have 2 choices, paying an experienced more money or choose an unexperienced guy less....

my preferences:
Volvo: 4days/week fulltime, car, close to home (10 min by car)
Opel: challenge, make a difference, fairly close (15 min by car)
Toyota
Mercedes

and I have an interview friday at 0900hr for designer/photographer
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 6 October 2009, 15:23:36 »
ReplyReply

damn....hard work!
-snip- 2nd one was a Mercedes garage who immediately fell off my list...the boss was rude, impolite and...well...if that was his 'normal' doing???

It´s "Mercedes" (though, actually, Daimler Benz), what do you expect?

The only company ever that I worked for as a photographer who answered invoices (payment goal 1 week with 2% Skonto, 4 weeks w/o skonto) with a standard letter like this:

Dear provider, should your invoice have happened to arrive at our countability department office before the 15th of this month, we will pay it after 90 days. Should your invoice have happened to arrive at our office after the 15th of the month in question, we will pay it in 120 days time. Kind regards, ...

Of cause, my invoices afterwards were always 3% higher than for other stints... And the Mercedes owner pays that (though they make a great deal of money with all those 90-120 days interest free invoice credits ... Just sum up the invoices they receive in that time and the interest they get on that amount in 80 days...!  iconclap)

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 6 October 2009, 18:22:17 »
ReplyReply

Good  luck with this,  Koen.   I hope it all works out for you.

Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 6 October 2009, 22:07:15 »
ReplyReply

Smiley well if you have to work for a boss thats an angry ogre its no fun. I even quit my former job because of such a boss.

i hope you get the one you want , so you can go happy to work everyday
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 7 October 2009, 19:35:21 »
ReplyReply

Smiley well if you have to work for a boss thats an angry ogre its no fun. I even quit my former job because of such a boss.

ok, did my 1st try-out day...woooowww...what a difference....the positive attitude...teamwork...such a positive experience...

I started the day with the boss saying I will work in a team with 2 and ended with the boss stating that maybe me alone would be a better solution...

I started the day with 'a car for you is impossible for the first 6 months' into 'maybe we can take a 2nd hand car and let you use it'...

I started the day with a 2day try-out and at 10AM they said 'well, when you come back monday....'
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 7 October 2009, 19:40:25 »
ReplyReply

So, sounds like school is skipped?

Great news, Koen!

TA

ok, did my 1st try-out day...woooowww...what a difference....the positive attitude...teamwork...such a positive experience...

I started the day with the boss saying I will work in a team with 2 and ended with the boss stating that maybe me alone would be a better solution...

I started the day with 'a car for you is impossible for the first 6 months' into 'maybe we can take a 2nd hand car and let you use it'...

I started the day with a 2day try-out and at 10AM they said 'well, when you come back monday....'

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 7 October 2009, 19:55:36 »
ReplyReply

So, sounds like school is skipped?

Great news, Koen!

TA

well, there are 'as always' several things to take into consideration....school means less money and stress...willI succeed and am I strong enough for the stress and the other things that come with the lessons and the job when I succeed...

today was a test...they wanted to know if I would fit into the team...as always I do....never had problems with teamwork...as you know by now...

the way I worked today....at a lower pace since I'm new and have alot 'specific' things to learn...well...it still gave me a good vibe...lots of work to do next to the routine....but still....I hope they fire the other guy and give me the 'freedom to act'
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 8 October 2009, 18:59:14 »
ReplyReply

well, the boss is pleased so after the 2days test they gave me a contract and so I'll be going there a bit longer  whistle

and they solved my transportation problem...an old car but well....it gets me to work and back and it doesn't cost me a penny... Brede lach

the guy who was running the warehouse gets fired tomorrow so I have my hands free...they's put their trust into me....it's my warehouse they said so do what you want/need to do...

I leave at 07.35 and I'm back home around 17.15 with a good pay...good enough for me...this makes a very satisfied man  Knipoog
Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 8 October 2009, 20:34:36 »
ReplyReply

Good news, i'm happy for you Koen Smiley congrats
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 8 October 2009, 21:41:01 »
ReplyReply

Sounds good,  Koen.   congrats

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 8 October 2009, 22:02:16 »
ReplyReply

champ

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 9 October 2009, 06:11:31 »
ReplyReply

champ

Rattler

thx guys, this gives me a real boost...working hard without the bitch***

today I'm working without a contract...money in the pocket...monday is the start of the contract...
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 October 2009, 17:26:09 »
ReplyReply

week 1 was...euh...dunno how to express my mental state...man...what a difference...

the warehouse is a mess...need several months to clean it up...and I don't mean cleaning as in dusting...parts without numbers...parts without locations...locations that have 100 parts on 1 location....a disaster...

but the WAY I have to work is superb...they wanna invest in the warehouse with new equipment for the warehouse itself and me...

so..THUMBS UP!!!!!!...go go go...
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44167124 | Sitemap