29 March 2024, 05:59:30 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 475143 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #820 on: 25 December 2010, 14:40:11 »
ReplyReply

I'll let Harry say it...

Never heard of him, and I am confident you are not addressing me through this song but HIM/HER with that...  Knipoog

I am playing devils (or Gods?) advocate here (as I dont even believe in the guy, but basically can follow and like the concept: Jesus´ ideas are my hippie ones as well, but I realize you get nailed to a tree for them in our world):

From (a hypotetical and omnipotent, omniscient and *loving*) god POV things are quite easy:

He tells us some 10 simple orders to follow, and he will take care of stuff in return. He even (in the NT) allows for us to slip and still saves us from hell as he made his son die for our sins.

The rules are simple, but where does anybody follow them?

What is even more interesting, the rules are more or less the same in all religions, still: Nobody follows them, we even employ lot of brain cells to explain why this and that rule is not really what it appears and hence following or not is open to interpretation, or, as explained below we deliberately change the wording to fit us not obeying.

Check out:

10 commandments according to the Christian Belief transmitted by God to Moses (I know, Moses destroyed those of Exodus 20 later and changed them to the ones reported in Exodus 34, but we still take them as Gospel and agree that those are our 10):

In Qouran, the commandments delivered through Alas prophet Muamad  are not much different, just worded differently, I put them parallel to our Christian ones, citing chapter/verse in case you want to look it up yourselves:

1:
 - "There is no other god beside GOD,"(47:19)

2:
- "There is nothing that equals (like) Him. (42:11)

- "No visions can encompass Him, but He encompasses all visions. He is the Compassionate, the Cognizant.[6:103]"

- "My Lord, make this a peaceful land, and protect me and my children from worshiping idols". (14:35)

3:
- "Do not subject God's name to your casual swearing, that you may appear righteous, pious, or to attain credibility among the people". (2:224)"

4:
- "....and your parents shall be honored. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably." (17:23)

5:
- "The thief, male or female, you shall mark (NOTE: Not ampute! R.) their hands as a punishment for their crime, and to serve as an example from God". (5:38 - 39)

6:
- "...God's condemnation upon him, if he was lying." (24:7)

- "O you who believe, you shall be absolutely equitable, and observe God, when you serve as witnesses, even against yourselves, ... . Whether the accused is rich or poor, God takes care of both. Therefore, do not be biased by your personal wishes. If you deviate or disregard (this commandment), then God is fully cognizant of what you do.[4:135]

7:

- "...anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. (5:32)

- "You shall not kill any person - for God has made life sacred... (17:33)  (Here the Qouran differs from the simple "Thou shalt not kill" of the Bible, as the verse goes on: "...except in the course of justice." Modern - as of 2000 - Christian translation has adapted and has changed the wording of the literal Bible translation to "You shall not murder" - see above -, probably to semantically leave the door open for "allowed" killings that are not murder by law, think war executions, Drone assasinations or death penalty. This was not what was in the 10Cs, there it is simple and clear:  "Lo tirtzack" in Hebrew, which accurately translates as "Thou shalt not do any kind of killing whatsoever." http://www.thenazareneway.com/thou_shalt_not_kill.htm R.)

8:
- "You shall not commit adultery; it is a gross sin, and an evil behavior". (17:32)

9:
- "...do not covet what we bestowed upon any other people. Such are temporary ornaments of this life, whereby we put them to
the test. What your Lord provides for you is far better, and everlasting".[20:131]

10:
- "O you who believe, when the Congregational Prayer (Salat
Al-Jumu`ah) is announced on Friday, you shall hasten to the commemoration of GOD, and drop all business. . (62:9)

Even African tribes, Hndus, Buddhists or Native Americans have their own set which does not differ in the central parts, especially where life is sacred:

The Native American Ten Commandments, music: Sacred Spirit Vol. 2

I cannot philosophically congruently hold grudge to a deity who tells us what to do and how to do it, just because the result comes out horribly when *we* humans - partially consciously and intentionally - dont follow them. Sacerdotes "blessing" arms all over the planets cultures and religions in the name of a god who forbids to kill? Go figure...

FWIW,

Rattler

P.S.: Hey Jilly! Merry Christmas! R.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2010, 15:05:05 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #821 on: 25 December 2010, 23:11:39 »
ReplyReply

Off thread line (as it currently goes) back to plain music without other levels of conception.

One goes, one comes.

In this case from my POV "Enrique Morente´s" place is to be taken by a guy "Pitingo", just 30 years old and a bit of a "Macarra" (= a guy with too much gel in his hair, trying to impress the ladies because in the basic he is insecure), but with a voice that is the best Spain has to offer at this time, and also with a history of crossing over: His main successes came from  - he lives in the US - mixing classic Soul songs with his unique Flamenco voice, here one example, a song we all know but havent heard like that, it even branded a new Flamenco style here, the "Souleria" (this, for Jilly, he definitely knows to be a ladies man better than we here):

PITINGO: Killing me softly with this song (External Embedding Disabled)

From my POV not enough to back up my statement from above -  he *is* a "macarra" after all (just look at the hair-do (thats NOT a hair CUT!) -, but listen to this one, you will note as Flamenco fan (or not) that he has the material to become a great maestro if he should get rid of his macarrism and aquire a personality in the future (total classic, and even "a capella", so that one goes for Koen):

Pitingo fandango: "Me voy a morir" ("I will die")

Too much classic for you? Then, how about a mix of the two?

Pitingo - Gwendolyne Video

It may sound here as if I did not value him and am very critical, but this then is an account of not finding the vids I searched for in time, voice- and perfomancewise the guy is on my list for the best (with the restricition of "becoming a person" that I mentioned before)

One last in the short time I have to search, this time its two songs that have both sides: This incredible classic voice (KOEN: With guitar!) and then a "Georgia on my Mind" interpretation... My favorite to explain why I think he will be top in 10 yrs...:

pitingo bulerias(san sebastian parte 2 de 3)

2 PITINGO - SOULERIA (14 OCT 09 AVILA)-Georgia On My Mind

FWIW,

Rattler
« Last Edit: 26 December 2010, 22:50:35 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #822 on: 26 December 2010, 22:44:52 »
ReplyReply

...a little tune to clear the fog from your head...

David Crosby - Song With No Words (Tree With No Leaves)

For some reason had completely missed this one on our thread (and, tor what its worth actually all page 34 posts), must have been AWOL at the time of its creation...

Anyway, luckily hit on it today as I was showing a friend the result of our collective labour here, and I am glad I did. Things (and songs) always come when you need them...

In the same musical spirit - though with words - from a band you probably wont have heard about (I think they just had this one hit plus another few 2nd sides), relaxes me:

Fallen - Blank & Jones (Delerium & Rani)

Enjoy!

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 27 December 2010, 19:31:32 »
ReplyReply

enjoyed the live-DVD of 'Coldplay live 2003' this evening

Coldplay - Yellow Live in Sydney 2003
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #824 on: 29 December 2010, 20:57:34 »
ReplyReply

Coldplay are one of the better bands that surged in the last year, very many great songs.

Here now, some jazzistic violence:

Who or what is that guy? Drummer? Singer? Bass genious?

I dont really know, but he is my Band Leader of the year choice, the Cuban musician Alain Pérez, a maniac not unlike Zappa, with his unique "salsa jazz":

Singer:
Pero no termino - Alain Pérez - Videoclip en Alta Calidad

Incredible solist:
ALAIN PEREZ BASS SOLO EN EL AIRE

Drummer
Alain Pérez

Innovator:
Bach to Cuba - Emilio Aragon - Alain Pérez

Crossover experimentator:
Alain Perez al bajo junto a Paco de Lucia (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

I had the chance this year to see him in "Sa Taronja", our small cultural center, and I was duly impressed, the videos only tell half the story. A truly exceptional musician!

Enjoy!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 29 December 2010, 21:11:00 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: 30 December 2010, 16:38:23 »
ReplyReply

Wild One - Faith Hill:

Faith Hill - Wild One (Video)

TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: 30 December 2010, 17:28:17 »
ReplyReply

Faith Hill had a song once that I cannot seem to find (I think it was called "Perpetual Bliss" or something similar) that one I liked a lot.

If for country gal type of ballads, this following one is more my direction of taste:

Scout Niblett (Feat. Will Oldham)

Rattler

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 30 December 2010, 20:20:30 »
ReplyReply

TA.... identity troubles?  whistle
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #828 on: 30 December 2010, 20:38:12 »
ReplyReply

And I'm due to have a root canal in January! 

Tim McGraw - Last dollar: 

Tim McGraw- Last Dollar (Fly Away)

(What can I say? I live in the country and I'm a country girl)  Knipoog

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #829 on: 31 December 2010, 15:42:39 »
ReplyReply

With all due respect, those gals/guys all seem a bit "redneck", both sound wise as optically...  ;

I admire their bravery and guts (despite a hunch that it might be fake, a result of simple ignorance towards threatening dangers), but thats about it:

DEC 28, 2010: The Pentagon announced today the formation of an Elite Fighting Group dubbed the "US Redneck Special Forces (USRSF): Bubba, Hoss, Cooter and Boo will be dropped behind enemy lines with following information about the Taliban:

- The season opened last weekend
- There is no limit
- They taste just lilke chicken
- They dont like beer, picups, country music nor Jesus
- Some is queer
- They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt

Go figure...  Grijns

JFTR, I actually like this tune...  whistle (gotta turn it up a bit to get the full impact, strange for the issue in question this is a low volume recording): "Aint going down til the sun comes up"!

I (as a time traveller, coming from Beteigeuze but not finding my way home, FourtyTwo all the way!) would prolly not survive more than a few hours between them...

Rednecks

Rattler

« Last Edit: 31 December 2010, 16:12:44 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 31 December 2010, 16:12:59 »
ReplyReply

De Tijdloze Top 100 op Studio Brussel
The Timeless 100 on Studio Brussels... only today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj http://internetradio.vrt.be/radiospeler/v2_prod/wmp.html?qsbrand=41  dj
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #831 on: 31 December 2010, 16:20:51 »
ReplyReply

No sound here? Do we have to do something else than just click?

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 31 December 2010, 16:24:07 »
ReplyReply

no, at the bottom left is the player, you can there choose the quality depending on your internetspeed (1-2-3 stars)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #833 on: 31 December 2010, 16:28:17 »
ReplyReply

Not working, just gives me the titles (doors, coldplay atm), but I cannot hear anything.

Does not matter, we can do our own end-of-year-music, what about this one, a classic for NJEs, every DJ half worth his money should have it in his repertoire this night (live New Years Eve 1978 at Winterland in San Francisco, opening for "Greatful Dead", last concert of the place before closing down):

Blues Brothers - Jailhouse Rock

Rattler
« Last Edit: 31 December 2010, 16:33:25 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 31 December 2010, 16:32:38 »
ReplyReply

Not working, just gives me the titles (doors, coldplay atm), but I cannot hear anything.

Does not matter, we can do our own end-of-year-music, what about this one, a classic for NJEs, every DJ worth his money should have it in his repertoire this night (live New Years Eve 1978 at Winterland in San Francisco):

Blues Brothers - Jailhouse Rock

Rattler

wait a sec, you have Mac and it opens in WMP... maybe that's the problem

at 'instellingen' (bottom right) you can choose WMP - Quicktime - Real player... maybe that helps (would be nice to know you're listening to the same music  Knipoog )
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #835 on: 31 December 2010, 16:41:35 »
ReplyReply

... just changed my mind: Did not want to go out this night (as I am down with a severe cold), but maybe its time to get those old RayBans, the withe shirt and the mock slim tie out again, and hit it, feeling sick or not... In the end, its another decade finished (and the *big* fiesta of 2000 seems like yesterday)... So, now listening to all the other BB stuff... Smiley

I will (a bit later) post some music of the band we have here at the one official dinner in our small village (we managed to get 80 persons joint including 15 family of the restaurant owner and 25 stranded tourists) for our NYE... But the music will be *TOP*!

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 31 December 2010, 16:44:54 »
ReplyReply

... just changed my mind: Did not want to go out this night (as I am down with a severe cold), but maybe its time to get those old RayBans, the withe shirt and the mock slim tie out again, and hit it, feeling sick or not... In the end, its another decade finished (and the *big* fiesta of 2000 seems like yesterday)... So, now listening to all the other BB stuff... Smiley

I will (a bit later) post some music of the band we have here at the one official dinner in our small village (we managed to get 80 persons joint including 15 family of the restaurant owner and 25 stranded tourists) for our NYE... But the music will be *TOP*!

Rattler

go for it  bouncechain nothing better than some booze in a sickened body!
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #837 on: 31 December 2010, 17:22:37 »
ReplyReply

TA.... identity troubles?  whistle

Not that I knew of?

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #838 on: 31 December 2010, 18:03:38 »
ReplyReply

As promised, here a glimpse of the band we have for our NYE dinner tonight, but from their private side (tonight they turn up as one of those bands you know all that play for ... dinners, gotta make a buck, no?)  iconclap

I have only found one vid, and its bad quality, so bad that it is almost unrecognizable, so take it as an appetizer only and follow up on the mp3 links below.

Those are links to uploaded fiiles directly (but without pics) in excellent quality that give a bit more of an idea of what excelent funk-groove music might be expecting us later this night: Reminds me a bit (actually very much) of Santi Latorre that I published before, the same take and the same sound to some extent:

Santi Latorre, "Y que?!"

Well, here is our musician of tonight, Alex Maldonado

Maldonado, "Quiero vivir bajo el agua" ("Want to live benath the water"):

MALDONADO "Quiero vivir bajo el agua" En directo 2009 (Presentación Cd)

Two mp3 music files (first is the same song as in the vid, the second is on the same riff, but "saxxed") in good quality:

http://www.warandtactics.com/Music/01%20Quiero%20vivir%20bajo%20el%20agua%201.m4a

------ EDITs 030111 on request of the music author and owner, as I had been able to publish the music in this post by courtesy of his label:

- Corrected misspelling: Name of the author and band is "Alex Maldonado" (and NOT "Alex Maldonato" as I had put it, sorry, Alex!)

- Removed the 2nd mp3 track (as it is supposed not to be published but to be a gimmick for ppl who actually buy the CD).

- Adding links to Alex´ sites where you can listen to more and get the CD:

1. iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/es/album/maldonado/id358515927

2. youtube channel of Alex: http://www.youtube.com/user/lascomunicaciones

3. link to collaboration in the NYE layout (but unplugged), a medley of tunes with Christina White:

4. For the future: Alex´website (still a bit - much - in construction): www.alexmaldonado.es

------- END EDITs

Enjoy, and have a happy new year!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 3 January 2011, 21:18:16 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 31 December 2010, 19:29:43 »
ReplyReply

in the Top 5 this superb Belgian song in Flemish/Dutch

Mia - Gorky (studioversion!)

maybe difficult to get in the mood for you guys...
Pages:  1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166215 | Sitemap