30 April 2024, 17:39:06 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 483365 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: 15 July 2010, 19:32:22 »
ReplyReply

We had a bar in Neu-Isenburg as a meeting point in the late 70s where we met when the police came off our back )it was outside Frankfurt jurisdiction)  and where all this stuff was cooked up, I always remember how we listened to the infamous Goebbels speech about the total war, later Henny & Co. made a song of it, creative stuff way ahead of musical times then... Here a 2007 house remix without pics, but stating everything we felt at that time, and still as impressive as it was then for me:

Wollt ihr den totalen Krieg / Do you want total war?
(Fresse, da vorne! / Shut up, over there!)
Gereizt / Irritated
Das Deutsche Volk, G-Unit / The German People, G-Unit
Das Deutsche Volk, totalen Krieg / The German People, total war
Das Deutsche Volk, / The German People
Das Deutsche Volk, / The German People
Ich frage Euch!!! / I am asking you!!!
Vertraut ihr dem Führer?! / Do you trust the Führer?!
(Seh ich so aus, Du Drecksack / Do I look like, son of a bitch?)
Wir wollen... ein Volk sein.../ We want to be... one people
Meine Kameraden! / My comrades!
Wir wollen... den totalen Krieg! / We want.... total war!
Adolf Hitler‚
Der Führer der Deutsche Jugend! / The leader of the German youth!
Deutschland! / Germany!
Und was wir tun / And what we do
Totalen Krieg! / Total war!

Und das Deutsche Volk, Sieg Heil!

.... and so on, the original text:

joseph goebbels/rudolf hess/adolf hitler vs badesalz

English came natural for all of us, with all the G.I.s around, here one that every English speaker will understand: Those guys were super creative, fun to be with, using every bit of new tech that came out (employing vid style of the upcoming music stations), did cross overs in the ´90s, like with reggae, here with a famous German singer who was unable to follow the script and could not move his lips synchorene, as the subtitles state various times, from `96, "All we are smoking!/Smoke on the water!/Give me dope, Joana!":

Ragga Moon Walk (Badesalz vs. Mittermeier)

All this said, coming back to my best memories, Rodgau Monotones: "Give me all your loving" (in their own special way, there was a revival concert in Frankfurt, 2008, this one is from ´91 IIRC):

Gimme all your lovin - Rodgau Monotones

Rattler
« Last Edit: 15 July 2010, 19:44:34 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: 16 July 2010, 00:31:08 »
ReplyReply

A song for Jody and his wife:

Rock Me Baby-BB KIng/Eric Clapton/Buddy Guy/Jim Vaughn

Enjoy!

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 16 July 2010, 05:58:14 »
ReplyReply

Mary & I thank you for the fine selection.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 16 July 2010, 18:47:59 »
ReplyReply

next week K&K are going to see the next selection on 1 evening:

July 20th 2010
# 19h00 RAY MANZAREK & ROBBY KRIEGER of THE DOORS
# 20h45 JOHN FOGERTY
# 22h45 ZZ TOP

Episode 18: Robby Krieger & Ray Manzarek of The Doors - Break On Through

John Fogerty "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" Live

ZZ Top - La Grange
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: 19 July 2010, 21:53:42 »
ReplyReply

Oh no, sad news coming in: One of my idols - great (if not best ever) Reggae singer - has died, my age: Obituary... Bedroefd

So that what he did for music and for Reggae in particular wont get forgotten on our site, here some of my favorites, over the last 30 years from soft to Ragga, I beg you to lend your ear for some 15 minutes:

Sugar Minott

Sugar Minott - Easy Mr Bush

Sugar Minott - Herbman Hustling

R.I.P. !

Rattler

« Last Edit: 19 July 2010, 22:13:07 by Rattler » Logged

the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #705 on: 20 July 2010, 07:00:18 »
ReplyReply

Yangpa(??) - Love... What is it?(??... ?? ??) MV

Random Korean song.
Theme is a girl got stood up and dumped.
Ouch.

Song is already several years old.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 20 July 2010, 12:20:51 »
ReplyReply

warming up for this evening...

ZZ Top - Breakaway
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: 22 July 2010, 00:09:46 »
ReplyReply

"La Goutte au Nez" (The drop from the nose):

I heard this interesting band last year on a parade in Palma, because that is their primary form of music: A - slightly different - marching band.

The other side - all are more than escellent musicians - is the stage, and their show, asnd I had a chance to see something of it tonight on telly.

I cannot even find a name for thier music, it is a mix of about everything, they do not stick to one style, not even in the same piece: Tribal, Fanfare, Funk, Indy, you name it yourself.

With the diversity of their music, there is something for every one of the residents on this thread, just three examples of al their sides and facets, I guess the first will be the taste of FACMan (kind of tribal reggae?). The second is a mosaique of takes from their marching side over one piece, the third modern jazz rock of the finest over a running bass that sounds like something from "The Romantic Warrior"...

Enjoy!

La Goutte au Nez - Sol Carelus

La Goutte au Nez - Two men go in, one man goes out (acoustic)

La Goutte au Nez - Police District

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 30 July 2010, 07:10:10 »
ReplyReply

Excuse me while I wax nationalistically...

Gene Simmons Tributing to American fighting men/women.

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #709 on: 11 August 2010, 02:26:59 »
ReplyReply

Tonight I was sitting in the bar of an Italian friend from Genova, when he remembered (and I rediscovered for me) singer/songwriter/jazzer/balladist Paolo Conte (also from Genova), for me one of the few musical true geniuses still alive. Welol known in Germany, almost nobody knows him in Spain (despite may live acts in the ´80s in Barcelona), something I cannot really understand as the Sopanish at least get a rough idea *about* what he is singing whereas as German in the ´70s I had no clue and just got captured by his unique composition style and voice.

As a crosspost (sorry, but got carried away) over various forums, here one of his classics (partially subtitled in Inglés), about how to leave a love, certainly 25+ years old despite in this vid being of a recent performance, his voice and how he treats the piano (I always suspected that the piano represents his woman/women?), gives me goose bumps still..:

Paolo Conte - Come Away with Me (Vieni via con me: It´s wonderful, good luck, my baby!)

Another of his classic tunes (I think the first I have ever heard by him, and the one that called me to attention), a display of all his unique art of composition and arrangement that makes you feel light and heavy at the same time; rather strange at first impression, but until the end of the song Conte will have planted a melody in your head you will never in the future be able to forget and allways again recognize anywhere/when you hear it... *This* is what makes a genius (in music), IMHO...

I have posted it in two versions, performed two decades apart, you will note what I meant with what I wrote before: The 2nd version uses the s ame instruments as the first, but in a completely different arrangement: The older Conte becomes more bitter and agressive, pointed rhythm this time not taken by the bass but by himself and his ever more hard working piano... Still, the theme and melody - you recognize it instantly, it has been imprinted forever in your brain...  hihi

So, listen to it at your own risk, might be that you will here a strange theme in your mind for the next days whenever everything around you becomes quiet...

Paolo Conte - Max Amsterdam 1988

Paolo Conte - Max [Live Arena di Verona - 2005]

Life is OK, but with people like Conte, it is even better!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 11 August 2010, 02:40:29 by Rattler » Logged

the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: 11 August 2010, 05:15:41 »
ReplyReply

Another Spanish singer that made it big in Germany but was virtually an unknown in Spain:

Monica Capel Cruz who went by the stage name of Princessa.

PRINCESSA - All I Want (Alternative Version) [deleted 2005 single]

A song from her canceled album which was supposed to come out years ago.  Has since retired from singing it seems.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: 21 August 2010, 01:55:10 »
ReplyReply

The older ones might remember, from a concert tonight got thrown back to my past again, a late 70s classic: "Do you, *YOU*! - feel like I do !?":

Peter Frampton Do You Feel Like We Do Midnight Special 1975 FULL

Enjoy,

Rattler

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 21 August 2010, 02:19:20 »
ReplyReply

Never cared for him much, always think of him as one of those 'one hit wonders'. Heard him on TV recently, guess what he sung... still dont like him and his one song.   at2

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: 21 August 2010, 02:57:21 »
ReplyReply

Never cared for him much, always think of him as one of those 'one hit wonders'. Heard him on TV recently, guess what he sung... still dont like him and his one song.   at2

I had the same idea, and only have known him for this one song and considered him a one hit wonder (and hence had forgotten about him totally).

Tonight, though, I met some musicians (British, most) who held him in great respect and also some girls that chimed in and remembered whole albums with other songs - they could even sing them right off the bar stool - that completely went by me (check for yourself in youtube, he did produce more songs).

Anyway, I remember having enjoyed the ONE song then and dancing to it, and I can see he has at least learned to perform it more powerful now at 60, FWIW: ... Here in Spain we say "Time does not pardon anybody", hard to recognize the same performer in the two vids, but that is probably the way the cookie crumbles with age:

Peter Frampton - 2008 - feel like we do - (live)

Rattler

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 21 August 2010, 04:05:15 »
ReplyReply

I know he is a famed musician in his own right, and remember friends who liked and played his albums, he just never moved me and I always disliked his dependence on that weird voice tube thingy.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: 22 August 2010, 22:51:19 »
ReplyReply

-snip- ...I always disliked his dependence on that weird voice tube thingy.

FACMan., you are really along my line in almost everything, but, still, I guess we should meet once to appreciate the differences Smiley

Anyway, if we as the Western Coalition have taken the right to destroy a country and its civilization, it is only fair to give something back, e.g. to feature one of my favorite musicians, which happens to be from Iraq, so that his fame can spread:

Ilham Al Madfei (and, to my shame, I do not even know if I write it ok in Latin letters), with his song Khuttar.

Dont really ask me what it is about iun detail, I can read Arab and even (sort of) understand some of the local dialects, but this one resists my translation attempts, maybe the collective wisdom of this forum can help?

I heard that song years ago in Amman (Jordan) on a trip with one of my Arab Musicican friends, and was really impressed by the rhythm and style (this man is not really young), but even they could not tell me what it really meant as there seem to be a lot of words that are only clear to a certain region. Here what I make from the lyrics (and it is just a part that I can translate), for me id does not mater, it is the song to dance to at night with someone you cherish, and the meaning does not have such great importance after all. I love the song, whatever it means... That there are some Spaniards entering Flamenco guitars, of cause, helps  Smiley. I have always admired our Arab influences in every part of life here, "Arab/arab" has only very lately become a word connected to offensive meaning...

Anyway, got inspired to post this one by a post on Jillys forums music thread ( http://sunnyds.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=87&page=4 )  about what music to listen to on a beach, fits from my POV.

Enjoy,

Rattler

Utube gives the lyrics as this, but I do not go fully conform:

Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh?Huh? ?? Huh??? Huh??? Huh?Huh?? Huh? Huh??? Huh? Huh??? Huh???
Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh?? Huh?? Huh??? Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh? Huh??? Huh??? Huh?? Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh??? Huh???
Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh?Huh? Huh??

Huh??? Huh??? Huh? Huh?? Huh? Huh?Huh? Huh?? Huh?? Huh??? Huh?? Huh?? Huh?? Huh?Huh? Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh? Huh?Huh?
Huh??? Huh?? Huh??? Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh?? Huh??? Huh??? ?? ?? Huh?? Huh??? Huh? Huh??? Huh???
Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh??

Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh??? Huh? Huh??? Huh?Huh? Huh? Huh??? Huh??? Huh? Huh??? Huh??? Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh?? Huh???
Huh?Huh? Huh?? Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh??? Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh??? Huh? Huh??? Huh?? Huh??? Huh??? Huh?Huh? Huh?? Huh??
Huh?? Huh??? Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh??

Huh??? Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh?? Huh??? Huh?? Huh??? Huh??? Huh? Huh??? Huh??? Huh??? Huh??? Huh? Huh?? Huh?? Huh?
Huh?? Huh?? Huh?Huh? Huh? Huh??? Huh?? Huh?? Huh? Huh?? Huh??? Huh??? Huh??? Huh??? Huh?Huh? Huh??? Huh???
Huh?? Huh??? Huh???

Here my partial translation (aided by online translator and various ppl from other forums):

The joy is visiting us,
I light the candels to appreciate.

I am afraid that he would pass through the neighborhood
and then spray the neighbours with tears

Oh my heart,
where comes the sadness from?

(hader al hader ??) is lifted
You are always hurting with pain
Crying with so many tears
Your rainbow turns out to be an illusion
lifted over the sky

Dont give me the sadness voice
The sadness voice can be heard to be false.

Your night is really angry
Dont wake up in the night
You bear the little hope left
that stars can become alive

Ilham Al-Madfai - Khuttar
« Last Edit: 22 August 2010, 23:33:05 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: 24 August 2010, 02:43:48 »
ReplyReply

Those words are very touching,  Rattler.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 27 August 2010, 20:59:38 »
ReplyReply

for my little friend, I miss you...

Talk Talk - RENEE - 1984
Heinrich505
Staff Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 28 August 2010, 04:55:50 »
ReplyReply

Koen,
  Very nice.  I thought I recognized the style.  I had to go back and check, but yes, this is the same group that did "My Life" many years back.  I really liked them and thought they had pretty much disappeared, but that is not the case.  So sorry to hear of the passing of your companion.   

Heinrich505
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 28 August 2010, 08:57:33 »
ReplyReply

Koen,
  Very nice.  I thought I recognized the style.  I had to go back and check, but yes, this is the same group that did "My Life" many years back.  I really liked them and thought they had pretty much disappeared, but that is not the case.  So sorry to hear of the passing of your companion.   

Heinrich505

thx for the kind words
Pages:  1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44629335 | Sitemap