30 April 2024, 22:41:47 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: The Omnipresent, currently playing (music) thread...  (Read 483467 times)
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 26 June 2010, 04:33:32 »
ReplyReply

And another...

Floyd Red Crow Westerman - Just Another Holy Man

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: 26 June 2010, 15:36:41 »
ReplyReply

Hoka Hey my brothers!

What great and inspiring music! See my comment and questions here, comments much appreciated.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: 26 June 2010, 15:38:47 »
ReplyReply

Cannot say why exactly, but I do not like that one.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 27 June 2010, 00:33:16 »
ReplyReply

Cannot say why exactly

Oh, thats easy...you cant dance to it!

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 27 June 2010, 03:04:23 »
ReplyReply

Here's another couple you wont be able to dance to...

Mongolian Incredible Throat Singing ??

Morin Kur & Throat Singing @ GlobalCAFE

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: 27 June 2010, 03:54:12 »
ReplyReply

FcMn, you don´t ever cese to amze me.... Smiley Thnks!

I once tried to convince ldy on this forum tht Mongoli might be nice plce to visit nd to join in on the dventure (visit high on my list), pprently I did not succeed...

Rttler (sorry, looks my "first lphbet key" on my keybord finlly gve up totlly...)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2010, 04:21:42 by Rattler » Logged

TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: 27 June 2010, 04:46:00 »
ReplyReply

right now on TV (and shamelessly copied from it), why always so late t night?

A revelation for me, and a new band for this thread, Spnish bnd in theory, but sometimes singing lso French, excellent stuff for ppl who like relxing sound ptterns: Manuel Villalta feturing vrious other rtists. We hve gret TV for ppl that go to bed lte or get up erly. Music (nd good/interesting one) on the mjority of chnnels from 0430-0630 Smiley

Manuel Villalta L'art

Manuel Villalta con Paola Dominguin - ADIEU

Manuel Villalta y Angelika - La primera vez

Manuel Villalta con Angelika -Sous La Pluie

Enjoy!

Rttler

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: 27 June 2010, 15:54:07 »
ReplyReply

I once tried to convince ldy on this forum tht Mongoli might be nice plce to visit nd to join in on the dventure (visit high on my list), pprently I did not succeed...

I'll take you up on it next Spring Time,  hows that?

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 27 June 2010, 17:58:06 »
ReplyReply

I'll take you up on it next Spring Time,  hows that?

good to see you 2 like this... (you know what I'm referring too)  champ
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 27 June 2010, 18:02:27 »
ReplyReply

yesterday I bought the limited version of 'Dire Straits - Alchemy Live'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dire-Straits-Alchemy-Live-Deluxe/dp/B003C1SPWY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277654396&sr=8-2

respect:

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road (Part 1) (Alchemy Live @ Hammersmith Odeon, 1983) HD

Dire Straits - Telegraph Road (Part 2) (Alchemy Live @ Hammersmith Odeon, 1983) HD

Dire Straits - Private Investigations (Alchemy Live @ Hammersmith Odeon, 1983) HD
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 27 June 2010, 21:01:03 »
ReplyReply

Maybe this one...?

Floyd Red Crow Westerman - "Missionary"

or this one...

The Orphan Train (U. Utah Phillips)

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #691 on: 27 June 2010, 22:02:25 »
ReplyReply

Thanks, koen.

I've just finished doing some corking and stuff in the bathroom, so I think this song is quite appropriate for today:

This ole house:

Shakin Stevens - This Ole House

(I went to a concert of his in the UK years ago, where we all got up (yes in our jive gear), and danced around the seats!

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: 2 July 2010, 00:49:41 »
ReplyReply

The Carpenters - Top Of The World

The Carpenters - Top Of The World

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: 2 July 2010, 01:48:50 »
ReplyReply

As I was on a thread promotion ride today talking to fellow musicians on the island I have been revisiting the thread coming home and stumbled over some real gems that I had forgotten (how does one make a playlist from it on Utube, maybe with WaT account? Sorry for my ignorance, but I think the thread deserves it), this post was one where I double checked my opinion (which still holds as posted after the check) and found - reading the - younger ! - original vids comments on the tube -  one that describes way better my feelings that make me prefer version #1:

Quote from: borrow32
Omg that smile he does at? 0:28 just makes my heart melt.

Indeed, that is the difference: No "smile throwing" (at 1:25 in the 2nd vid) 2006. And, I might be mistakend, bue does he really chew a gum while singing in this one?   Huh?

Rattler

-snip-
Here the very rare original 1981 version of the first song based on slap bass that ever made #1 in the charts (NOTE how he never touches the bass with fingers, it is all "slapping", and it carries the base of the song´s rhythm, the drums are just painting it out with snare and HiHats)

Level 42 - Love Games

And here, 25 yrs later, he has made it an art, finally, *much* better version funk wise, but for some strange reason I prefer the older version: More soul: Check his hand in this one also, in ´81 he was "playing" it, in 2006 he was "working" it...:

Level 42 Love Games Live at Reading

« Last Edit: 2 July 2010, 02:04:37 by Rattler » Logged

Solideo
Sergeant Major

Spain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: 5 July 2010, 10:05:21 »
ReplyReply

Hi everybody, just sharing with you one song of AC/DC live in Seville last 26th June. I was here, lol.
ACDC SEVILLA 26/06/2010 (THE JACK)

Now some songs I like
ELUVEITIE - Omnos

SIRENIA - The Path To Decay

Nightwish - Sleeping Sun

last of the mohicans(beutiful song version) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

'Ailein Duinn' - Rob Roy OST (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Enjoy...or not

I don´t wanna sign anything without a lawyer by my side
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: 5 July 2010, 15:41:03 »
ReplyReply

ELUVEITIE

Swiss if I recall right? Folk Metal?

Seems to become a trend lately, why not try the reall thingy straight away, Vikings or Fins perform superbly in this genre (JFTR: I like the Fins better, they are not as "dark" and seem to have a lot of fun, "celtic" is just a diversion the Forces of Evil threw in to distract us northern European heavy metal lovers)?:

ELVENKING - The Divided Heart (2007)

Korpiklaani - Beer Beer

Enjoy, or not!

Rattler

P.S.: The "Last of the Mohicans" is a favorite of mine in this camp....  champ
« Last Edit: 5 July 2010, 15:54:23 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #696 on: 13 July 2010, 03:54:59 »
ReplyReply

Just because this thread has not seen much movement recently and I find I really like the song (and to pick on Henk, of cause  hihi):

We're Germans

Lyrics here; http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/the-lounge-get-a-beer-go-off-topic/they-needed-12-official-south-africa-wc-2010-thread/msg14748/#msg14748

Rattler
« Last Edit: 13 July 2010, 04:00:26 by Rattler » Logged

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: 15 July 2010, 00:25:09 »
ReplyReply

Interesting that, Rattler.   iconclap

Here's an oldie, but goodie.

Somewhere over the Rainbow:

Judy Garland - Somewhere Over The Rainbow - HIGHEST QUALITY Music Video - The Wizard Of Oz, 1939

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: 15 July 2010, 18:38:30 »
ReplyReply

Hey, Jilly, you are right on track!
Interesting that, Rattler.   iconclap[/url]

Those guys from "Mundstuhl" are personal history for me:

Living in the south of Frankfurt (but feeling "Frankfurter") we had this lyceum where, in the late´60s, lots of things were going on:

With the Vietnam war on the way, the German student revolution also (Joschka Fischer, our ex Foreign Minister, was one of the guys I followed with my 15 years into battler versus the -still- Hitler minded police forces, only to find him retreating when it was time and myself in prison... here on the right how I knew him, on the left as our foreign ministerÖ)

we admired the guys that were a few years older than ourselves and had "vision" of a future German state where our parents generation, who, in the 60s, were stilll telling us: "But, Hitler was not so bad, he built the motorways!") would be silenced and the true German character would come out that had nothing to do with Auschwitz...

Henni Nachtheimer was one those guys, maybe 2-3 years older than myself, ans uch a bad student that he had to do "extra rounds" repeating classes for failing exams that he ended up in my class... and instantly became an idol for me: Straighaway communist, he and his friends said what we all thought, did not buckle in front of our teachers, and developed an own lifestyle...

OTOH, from todays POV they were not really vicious rebels, we all came from the same Hessian and German culture, in our case mixed with the culture the US G.I.s stationed in and around Frankfurt fed us with (Wolfman Jack, Good Morning Vietnam, etc...). On weekends we would smoike and drink uop, see soccer in the Eintracht Wald Stadium (Eintracht Frankfurt was  - and is - my club) go fight for the revolution, during the week we all were more or less (the younger anyway) studying away and behaving decently.

When we moved out of house some years later (at that time everybody left home at around 16 with the end of school), the same group structure prevailed in our little 30.000 peoples village right at the outsckirts of "Frankfurt City", we either lived in Rodgau or Neu-Isenburg, felt belonging to Hessia and Frankfurt as its capital, and were all rather intelligent, well educated, and *left*. With the times also went the desire to listen to and play music (this thread is still a part of this basic instinct we were bred with), so we all at least played one instrument and joined in various bands around the region. My band was called "Summit", a US G.I. on harmonica and a German guitar genius as front man for sincere Blues, and you dont even find anything on youtube about them. But, the guys around Henni had their band also, it was called the "Rodgau Monotones", and in the late ´70s the had a real big hit that made it to become even for some time the "Eintracht Frankfurt" inofficial hymn: "Erbarmen!... zu spät.... Die Hessen kommen!" (Have Mercy!... Too late.... The Hessians are coming!"). Here from 1974, nothing to see, but great to listen to, groovy and funky, and a synonym for what we felt and how we lived then, the first paragraph translated:

Was kommt denn da für'n wüster Krach / What is this strange noise coming

aus Frankfurt, Darmstadt, Offenbach? / from Frankfurt, Darmstadt and Offenbach?

Was lärmt in Kassel, Giessen und Wiesbaden bloss so gnadenlos? / What does not let you sleep in Kassel, Wiesbaden and Giessen?

Was tut den Bayern, Schwaben, Friesen gründlich jeden Spass vermiesen? / What takes the fun away from the guys from Bavaria, Suebia and Frisia?

Was tobt seit vielen Wochen schon? Ne schaurig-schöne Invasion! / What has going since weeks? A nice but horrible Invasion:

Erbarmen - zu spät /Have Mercy, too late:
die Hessen kommen! / The Hessians are coming!
Erbarmen - zu spät
die Hessen kommen!

Rodgau Monotons - Die Hesse komme

And here on the soccer field in 2008, nothing ever gets forgotten!:

Erbame zu Spät die Hesse komme

On the other side we all were very deep itno politics and activism, first agains our parents generation with their fascist attitude, and, after Afghanistan (Soviet Invasion) versus the equally dictatorial communists.

A good example here from "Badesalz", again Henny and the two guys you saw in Mundstuhl video explaining (satire, of cause, mid ´80s) why you do not want to go to neither a Greek, Turkish or Italian bar, but rather to a *true* German restaurant, you might not understand the words, but the pix say it all, "Der Germanenkrug" = "The Germanic Restaurant": "...You,... yes, you!... You have had a hard working day, now you want to eat something... But where do you wan to go to? To a greek?... etc... No, you want a true German restaurant, with German Comrades, German women, German songs, and where German tradition still prevails!...!.)

Badesalz - Der Germanenkrug

... to be continued ...

Rattler
« Last Edit: 15 July 2010, 18:48:24 by Rattler » Logged

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 15 July 2010, 19:22:41 »
ReplyReply

Warning to all brothers visiting Deutschland, If two bald guys offer you a beer, you might want to pass on the offer.
Too funny Matt.

Pages:  1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44632871 | Sitemap