18 April 2024, 21:55:26 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Soccer Anyone? (The neverending soccer thread)  (Read 83466 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 March 2009, 21:49:13 »
ReplyReply

ha....let's see some MAGIC

place your bets: 3-2
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 March 2009, 21:50:22 »
ReplyReply

just hit the 'post' button and it's 1-0

same speed as yesterday?!?
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 March 2009, 22:33:17 »
ReplyReply

45 mins: 1-0

after a good start of Man.U. Inter took over and had the best chances...
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 6 April 2009, 23:59:34 »
ReplyReply

Indeed... Humiliation as deserved...  reddevil

On another angle, remembering the *old* Madrid (and I am not "Merengue", I am tuly "Culé"!!! . but yo have to honor greatness... - ):

A nice take (I just *love* the Fidel Castro vesion in the vid!) on the famous Zidane Headbutt from the WC final vs. Italy (will be double posting this one to the OCPMT as "Rammstein - Du hasst mich") here, the one thing that had and will have me forever flabbergasted in soccer:

How can someone so distinguished and gentleman and such superior soccer player (the most complete I have seen in my 50 yrs of watching soccer:

)

... destroy his fame and future (bye, bye, Platini!) in his last match... and make his team lose...  just because the other guy said " Your Sister is a Whore?" (OTOH this is probably why Italy has 5 stars?)...

OTOH,  hatsoff to being straight faced in face of an insult whith so much at stake...!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 7 April 2009, 00:15:23 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 9 April 2009, 11:46:25 »
ReplyReply

ha...the trainer of our national football team has been fired....he achieved 'zilch', 'nothing', 'nada' but still recieves a 'fuck-off' bonus of 300.000€... reddevil reddevil reddevil

men...when it's that easy?

now they are asking Eric Gerets to take the task...he IS a very succesfull trainer with national titles with clubs in different countries, ex-international and a guy with a very professional attitude...

we'll see...we can't sink any lower...missing the Euro championship and probably the next World championship....

men...once we've almost beaten Brazil....almost got into the semi-final of the World championship...got the best goalie of a world championship...spent years in the top 15 of the world....now they can't find the opponents goal anymore...
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 9 April 2009, 23:41:31 »
ReplyReply

Look, I do not really like any soccer from that corner (diplomatic attempt ot not say either "Holland", nor "Belgium", as you *need* to show some respect, after all, that is a *game*...  hihi
... and WWII to my knowledge has ended a few years ago..  hdbng.)

DISCLAIMER befor I comment on the case:
===========================

I know you BNL guys see it different because of a special sensitivity (having been occupied by our Nazi troops):  "Forgive and Forget" please (?)! "What you talking about?  Cool "... I myself wasn´t even born that time but will, if you say so, accept that I am - (still ?) - responsible today...

=============================

Now, that said, let us talk Belgium stats and actions as far as their soccer team goes...:

...now they are asking Eric Gerets to take the task...

Barcelona went to Guardiola as "Mister" and nobopdy believedthis was a good choice, the same (on club level) situation as your selection faces, now Barca set the standard clubwise in Europe (- sorrry any BM fans, I am German, but BM *really* is the antichrist from an Eintracht Frankfurt POV; 4:0  iconclap):

I strongly believe (though I think that Barca will fall to Chelsea just for history reasons) that your decision to go for Gerets is a wise choice for the Belgian team:

The man has ideas, knows about the athletic quality to soccer today and can - fromo my POV - well discern which players to chose for which style (I think the Belgians will always have to take it from the physcial or standard situation side).

You dont make it today, maybe, but you will be one of the upper ones in the future again. Those youngsters know what they wan and ow to play soccer as a team.

The fact that those youngsters are vulnerable (BM is playing currently aginst their youngster coach JK - well, here the clubs probably have to rethink their wages/value relations: If a coach/trainer/mister has no financial value compared to any of their players they will always have to live with a team simply "playing" him out if they do not like his schedule, hours off, general rules or etc...) is more valid on club basis than in a selection: JK as national trainer was the most acclaimed national coach ever in Germany, though he olny trained one sasison and did not get even one title...

Seriously, I think you guys will paint in soccer again (speaking national selections) in the near future...

My 2c.

Rattler

« Last Edit: 9 April 2009, 23:47:08 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 23 April 2009, 23:54:00 »
ReplyReply

Why are not all penalties executed like this?

Due to a recent event (Casillas on Tuesday killed a penalty shot á la "Panenka", after 0:28 in this vid - and Pepe is out for 10 matches for 1. Agression, 2. Insulting the Ref. 3. Re-entering the field after having been expelled, and 2 cases more... He will be fined tenth of thousands of Euros by the club and will be sold -

), I had voiced in a discussion that the only sure way to make a penalty (more so if it is really critical and not in the penalty shoot out - where other laws apply - ) enter is to make it a rehearsed pass as in this classic Cruyff one that I rembered, but some ppl said it was illegal now under UEFA AND FIFA rules.

I did not find anything in the rules posted on the net (or do not understand them sufficiently) http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservices/regulations/index.html, any experts out there?

Comments much appreciated,

Rattler

P.S.: If you do not know what a "Panenka" is, check this (Panenka shot Chechoslowakia to their only European Champion title beating Sepp Maier with a lob right into the center of the goal and has been imitated often since):

« Last Edit: 23 April 2009, 23:59:28 by Rattler » Logged

Marshall666[WPC]
Private 1st class

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 28 April 2009, 13:39:05 »
ReplyReply

this weekend,in the german first bundesliga,one player of  "karlsruher sc (short KSC) "shoots the luckiest goal i ever saw,and take the win against "bayer leverkusen" !but just watch yourself.....

License to kill,fire at will!!!
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 28 April 2009, 15:21:54 »
ReplyReply

Great Matt, I actually saw that game in the stadium:)
This was a great laugh.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 1 May 2009, 15:42:46 »
ReplyReply

Tomorrow the decisive match here (and for the first time in 15 matches before over the years will it be decisive):

Madrid- Barca!

I have heard it is going to be televised in the whole world, and I can just hope that soccer once shows justice and that the ball does  whatever necessary to reward those who treated it so great this whole season... (but, as soccer is usually not just... I fear the worst...)

Here the (satirical) take that we have seen in a program (Crackovia) where actors more or less resembling the actual players/coaches/presidents (in this case of Barca) comment on the situation in the Spanish league (the interesting part starts after 1:45 : In the beginning you can see (gay) coach Guardiola trying to motivate his players with the Goldberg Variatiions of J.S Bach (watch Puyol´s, Iniesta´s  and Etoo´s faces, priceless!), then there is a discussion about how "Poems and Literature" are the most important things for a soccer player (to which the players correct: "*Three" things, mister..." - apart form what Etoo mentions: Titties, cars and party - "...Cup, Leauge and Champions!", explainig it by performing the old Queen song with this theme (and leave Guardiola not understanding anything), Prezzie Laporta with the tie around his head equally hilarious:

Cup, League and Champions!

(and we still need some little revenge for the forced "pasillo" of 2008 when the league was already decided at the time of the match and Madrid had made champion... NOTE that I as sportsman and being "Culé" have no probs with playing the Madrid hymn here!):

Pasillo of Barca Hailing The Champions 2008:

Now, we shall see, whatever happens, Barca will still be leader after this match with 4 more to go...

Aupa Barca!

Rattler

« Last Edit: 1 May 2009, 15:52:44 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 3 May 2009, 12:03:51 »
ReplyReply

arrrgghhh! My post of yesterday does not show, probably hit peview instead of "Post".

Will correct ASAP, stby.

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 3 May 2009, 12:11:46 »
ReplyReply

Here goes my post from last night, edited a bit in hindsight...

Quote from: 666
Great show by Barça. The madrilenos wish they were never born.

Indeed, I went to see the match (just now returned) in a "Merengue" bar (i.e. Madrid Fans Bar) like every year, this time with two youngsters (10 yrs, one "Merengue" and the other one, like myself, "Culé") and I have never seen so many tears of ppl that old in a situation where nobody had died...

2:6!!!

A Culé dream come true, and I am not yet out of it (no team ever made 6 goals in the Bernabeu during the time I have been watching soccer, and this is many a years... it for sure is the first time ever Barca scored 6 in the Bernabeu), the stadium applauding to Barca (and for that: "Hats Off!" sincerely to the Madrid fans, Barca fans have never done it in similar situations - to their shame from my POV -).

Of cause, in a situation like this you cannot talk to the Merengues (and probably not for the next 3 days) seriously, all were crying and even a word of consolation would have come over as offensive and arrogant (remember that by declaring yourself Merengue or Culé you make a political statement almost more than a statement about soccer: Madrid was/stands for/is Franco and the Dictatroship (in his time Madrid had to win all titles in Spain, the refs were paid to make sure they did, and many ppl haven´t forgotten: This is why Madrid still is the club with the most titles in the world), Barca was/stands for/is The Republic of Inedependant Catalonia and the Transition To Democracy...), but I really had to finally consolate that 85 yrs old Guardia Civil Major (actually, the bar owner) who burned his 70 yrs old Madrid Club Membership Card and declared that he had just lost faith in the Spanish Nation and its pride, I do not know whether I succeeded, seemed everything I and others were saying just was more salt into his wounds...

Anyway,

from my POV soccer for the 2nd time in just 12 month did justice to style, team and coach work this time, and we saw an epic match of the purest and most refined club soccer I have ever had a chance to see:

The 2:6 was well deserved, it could have been 2:10 if it had not been for Casillas (who paraded 2 or 3 goals that were already sung) or the referee (who did not give 2 clear penalties to Barca)...

Madrid gave all it had, which is pride, courage, fight (they ran marathons) and with Robben even a bit of glamour and deseqilibrium, but winning against the best team of the globe with those means only is like trying to invade the US with a tug boat and a yacht...

Those neverending triangles formed by Messi, Iniesta and Xavi or Xavi, Etoo and Henry (I like the triangle method Guardiola implemented, a pyramide right from Valdez dwn to the goal) were never ever met by Metzelder, Heinze, Lass and Gago, sometimes Barca would let the ball circulate for 5 min and the Madrileños never had a chance to even touch it - though they tried hard going with up to three at each Barca ball bearer - , waiting patiently for the gap and then execute brilliance in a way that it actually looked really easy.

It was no surprise, really, what happened at the Bernabeu, it was simply - soccer...  champ Brilliance vs. Impotence, and the end of a lie.

Chelsea beware!

Player ratings individually: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1771/yahoo/2009/05/02/1242770/player-ratings-real-madrid-2-6-barcelona

Well, now off to bed and trying to not awake from the dream...

A quick summary of the goals (1-0, m.14: Higuaín. 1-1, m.17: Henry. 1-2, m.20: Puyol. 1-3, m.35: Messi. 2-3 m.55: Sergio Ramos. 2-4, m.58: Henry. 2-5, m.75: Messi. 2-6, m.83: Piqué.) and Highlights (in HQ):

Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona 2-6 [2/05/09] HQ Full Highlights

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 April 2010, 18:08:23 by Rattler » Logged

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 3 May 2009, 17:15:56 »
ReplyReply

Nice.

Ajax lost today with 4-0 from Sparta (last position in the leauge)
They lost the chance to play CL now Bedroefd

Stupid bunch of spoiled millionairs, at the most important stage of the competition losing from a bunch of amateurs.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 3 May 2009, 21:34:26 »
ReplyReply

this weekend,in the german first bundesliga,one player of  "karlsruher sc (short KSC) "shoots the luckiest goal i ever saw,and take the win against "bayer leverkusen" !but just watch yourself.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch0hKy-gxLI

Just saw that one now, amazing, dont know how I missed it before...

Thanks for sharing!

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 7 May 2009, 00:04:33 »
ReplyReply

As I posted the following in another forum:

Quote from: rattler
Ok, off to the big match tonight, Chelsea vs. Barcelona, season deciding for Spanish and European soccer IMHO.

No idea how it is going to end (at this stage and level anybody can eliminate anyobdy), but here just a few thoughts about layout and possible outcomes:

In favour of Chelsea:

- Home turf (higher testosterone level and spectator pressure on referee)

- Barca got always elimiated by English teams

- Barca comes without it´s defense centrals (Marquez injured til end of season, Puyol out for sanction). While Piquet against Madrid proved he is up to the thingy, Puyol will be hard to replace

- Henry is a doubt (knee problems and might not play, decision will be made last second)

- Hiddingk has formed an extremely solid defense, the fact that they managed to hold the 0:0 in Barcelona tells the story, not one other team this season held a 0 in Nou Camp

- Chelseas goalie is far better than Valdez, esp in penalties

- Lampard, Anelka, Terry and Drogba are terrific counter attack players and can execute anything at home

- Chelsea players are an average of 10cm higher than the Barca guys, so will rule in the air (corners, free kicks) and physically more fit and also faster overall.

- Barca is known to fail a lot of penalties

- Abidal is the weak entry point and an open flank (its left side) to the Barca goal

In favour of Barca:

- Of cause, Morale: The 6:2 in Madrid will make them believe that home turf should not be a problem

- Iniesta, Xabi, Messi, Etoo and Dani Alves (+Henry?) are terrific constructive attack players and will do magic if you just give them an inch of space

- In Barca the ball moves much faster than in Chelsea and the passes come with high speed and precision

- The Bench is also terrifcly set with Bojan and the other youngsters

- Barca wins in any draw that is not 0:0

A slight advantage for Chelsea, it would seem, but:

People here keep saying that Chelsea in London cannot permit themselves to play so defensive (just Drogba in the point and 2x4 lines of defense), but if I was Hiddingk I would do just that and hope to make it to penalties with a 0:0, maybe with Anelka as 2nd spear tip to play counter (in penalties the chances to win are defenitely on the Chelsea side).

If Barca just scores one goal and Chelsea has to open just a little, they might see themselves confronting the terrific and magic attack soccer and get themselves a "set" (Barca has made 5 "sets" this season, the last one against Madrid, and over all three competitions now have scored 143 goals).

Barca, on the other hand, will have to play the only style they know: Attack! If the manage to get one goal in, they have a high chance to win the match (see above) and they will try everything to not get into penalties.

Looking forward to an interesting match, may the better win, and the only thing I sincerely hope is that it will not be decided due to a referee error...!

Rattler

Okies, so we made it !!!!!

Luckily, I might add, because the ref indeed erred many times: Between 1-3 - according to your fan colors - penalties not given for Chelsea, and, to compensate, an expulsion - Abidal! The Weak Link! - that was none (Abidal was about a yard away when Drogba did the "Diver").

But, despite the early goal of Chelsea (I saw the game in the same Madrid Bar, and: Again Hats Off! they wanted Barca to win...) I never lost faith, because one goal was not the problem: Barca had to score one anyway, with or without a counter goal, and I was somehow sure they would make it, finally...

We had a cartoon in the newspaper today of Hiddink, who -when asked about the strategy for the match - said: "Simple: 1:0 in minute 89, sop that when they get mad they have no time to react....". I never imagined it would be the other way around, but see for yourself the last 2 minutes of the match (not much soccer during the whole match, but a duel of Beauty and Beast, where the Beauty luckily made it), some minutes no soccer fan will ever forget: Minute 92: Barcelona with 10, all seems lost, but they never lose their style, no panic, the machine at work (possession 29:71%), and then: *INIESTA!!!!* (IMHO the best Spanish player atm) scores the saving 1:1... (and the referee let them play on til minute 98...). I called the goal at the pass of Messi, could only be then or never...

Versus Manchester this will be easier, as they are playing more open (and we will have Puyol and Henry back), but we lost Dani Alvez (sanctioned) and probably Abidal (though I am sure this red expulsion will be recurred successfully).

Rome!!! Here we come!

Please do not wake me....

Rattler
« Last Edit: 7 May 2009, 05:43:40 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 8 May 2009, 09:26:44 »
ReplyReply

Chelsea punished for their anti-football football, both matches of Chelsea I went to bed after the 1st half...
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 8 May 2009, 23:47:02 »
ReplyReply

Chelsea punished for their anti-football football, both matches of Chelsea I went to bed after the 1st half...

Indeed...

Rattler

Marshall666[WPC]
Private 1st class

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 9 May 2009, 20:43:29 »
ReplyReply

a pretty thrilling match was the second game in the uefa-cup semifinal between the "hamburger sv" and my favorit club "werder bremen".teh first game ended 0:1 for hamburg.in the last minutes of the game,bremen leads 2:1 and was in the final so far.then they scored the securing 3:1 after a cornerkick.but look how curious it comes for the cornerkick......

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 10 May 2009, 00:58:55 »
ReplyReply

Quote from: Marshall666[WPC
...look how curious it comes for the cornerkick......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNcIOzRpZvk

Socer is a neverending chain of surprises and injustices, that is why we love it: Life itself...

Congrats!

Rattler

Marshall666[WPC]
Private 1st class

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 10 May 2009, 10:16:34 »
ReplyReply

your right  hatsoff

but the best thing is that the hamburger fans throw the paperball themself at the field  champ

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44445138 | Sitemap