29 March 2024, 07:49:00 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Soccer Anyone? (The neverending soccer thread)  (Read 83059 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: 29 May 2011, 07:24:28 »
ReplyReply

Well done Matt!!!!

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: 29 May 2011, 14:40:50 »
ReplyReply

Not long ago there was someone who said something about the minor incidents in amsterdam after Ajax party.
I just read the news of largescale rioting and "supporters" assaulting the police with rocks and bottles.

It looks like it was even worse in Barcelona last night Bedroefd

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 10 December 2011, 19:37:41 »
ReplyReply

The elimination of Ajax from the Champions League was a true scam it seems, from all sides (OTOH lets not hope so, else I would stop watching soccer):

- The two totally legal goals nullified... Portugesee referee when the trainer and three stars of one team are Portugese? Not saying he did it consciously, but when your heart goes with your idols perception can become tainted, UEFA should finally take notice and avoid such situations (same ref, De Sousa, eliminated Barca for two annulated goals against the same trainers (Mourinho) Inter two years ago...)

- 2nd, and worse as it smells big time of fraud, are the 6 goals that Zagreb got in 28 minutes, if you look at the pics and vids you can see the defenders that had gone on strike were laughing their asses off, even exchanged winks with the referees. 92% of Spaniards believe this game was sold (not surprisingly, 5 of the 11 players of Zagreb on the pitch were involved in a betting scandal three years ago). UEFA should investigate, and urgently, as the harm done just by such insinuations to the soccer buisness is immense. Also, players that tweaked matches to influence betting should be terminated for life time, period.

A pity Ajax got eliminated with a 10 goals advantage before the two matches by getting robbed two and made suffer 6 strange ones.

Dinamo Zagreb player Vida in Slow Motion -THE WINK !

Dinamo Zagreb VS Lyon : 1-7 & Domagoj Vida & Evidence of Match Fixing

FUERZA AJAX!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 10 December 2011, 20:37:55 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 10 December 2011, 19:44:19 »
ReplyReply

Tonight (at 2100 GMT) the match of the century, and this time it is (remember it was dubbed the same last season and I said it was not): Madrid-Barca!

Madrid is really much better than it was just a year ago, for the first time in 5 yrs the first match is in their turf, and Barca is 6 points behind (3 on paper, but they got a match more).

During the last 12 years who won the first "Classic" won the league, so this match is transcendental and the signs reversed for the first time in 3 years.

Still, Barca is very much Barca, so my bet is a contundent 1:3... Smiley

Lets hope the ref and Mourinhou will not be the protagonists again and that no grave injuries occur!

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: 10 December 2011, 21:50:08 »
ReplyReply

Thanks Matt,

I really hope that if the fraud comes out all involved will be punished hard.
But I think it is not going to happen.
If the evidence is so openly shown someone is protecting those bastards.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: 11 December 2011, 01:13:45 »
ReplyReply

NP, Stoffel, I hate such insinuations.

Well,, for me it was a "round" evening: No injuries, two teams trying to exhibit soccer as it should be, a fairly decent ref (was his first classic, so some of his nervous reactions had to be assumed, but no grave eror), and, for the first time officially, I won my bet in the bar (116 Euros richer now), Barca won 1:3... Smiley

After a totally stupid 1:0 after 30 seconds (Valdez, the goalie, simply passed the ball to a Madrid player was how it started) Barca had a hard time to find its place and confront a Madrid very much more physical and pressing (DiMaria and Marcelo were - apart from super goalie Casillas - the best Madrid players for me).

But, Pep Guardiolas bet to set on the only recently aquired Alexis on the left instead of Villa paid off big time when he did what he can do best (and Barca as team not) and marked the equalizer from 20 meters with a volley with his heart in the hand (min. 30 or so).

After this moment the tide changed and Barca found back to its style, the ball started circulating (statistic says they today had the 220th match consecutively with more possesion of the ball than their opponent) and it was only a question of time when the 2nd would fall. At this time Madrid still gave a same level opponent, but after the 2nd goal broke in completely: Looks they spent their physical attributes and strength too graciously, in the end they again did not see the ball anymore, and with the third their morale went down the drain as well.

This is what I mentioned in my earlier post when I said Barca is always very much Barca, they can oonly play one style, and once the knot is opened there is nobody who can stop them (remember that this is the first maatch Madrid lost this year, that is why they are ahead in points and still might make the league, though I doubt it: Morale is a big issue in the consistency test that describes 38 league matches).

Best players of BVarca - and quite unexpectedly for me so - were the returning (after long injuriy: 6+ month) Puyol and the wizzard gnoe Iniesta who really whirled the whole Madrid defense around all by himself in the 2nd half and assisted all three goals even if he was not able to score himself.

No vids yet (and if they appear they get deleted), but will add in a few days when the news has gotten old.

Rattler

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: 18 June 2012, 08:31:34 »
ReplyReply

Well the first 3 games are played..... and how.
I cant remember the Dutch team lost all 3 group games.
What a bad performance.
We have several issues here.
A coach who has his son in law in the team ( refusing to take him out)and one who doesnt take any risks or doesnt like to change.
We have several "star" players with huge ego's who refuse to play on another position accept their "own",
another group of players who think they are starplayers and a few new comers.
Most of the older players like Van Bommel, Robben, Snijder and Heitinga should have stayed home anyway.
After the debacle at the ( they had some luck here and there to get through) Worldchampionship a new team should have been formed.
Players like for instance Anita, Narsingh were send home in favor of an 18 year old defender who clearly isnt up to the task of playing such important games.Vander Wiel clearly was bad, his replacement at Ajax (Van Rhijn) made you completely forget Van der Wiel was injured and he wasnt even selected.
When you have no leading player to coach the team like we had such as Wouters or Blind you have now chance at all.
There were a lot of egos on the field without a leader only looking for personal succes,( Robben missed many chances and took away opportunities for other players) and that is the main reason for this failure.

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44167396 | Sitemap