29 March 2024, 06:35:19 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Soccer Anyone? (The neverending soccer thread)  (Read 83054 times)
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 20 April 2010, 20:04:41 »
ReplyReply

Just chekced in aat min 8, 0:0.

Barca is having a rough time: 3 games a week, no flights, always on the road on bus and hence no time for training (To go to Milan cost them 3 days, exiting from Espanyols stadium). As Guardiola put it: "uckily for us Inte eliminated Moscow, else w would not have made it in time"...

My guess is they will lose tonight vs. Inte, but hopefully score a goal and get the thing fine tuned in the return match in Barcelona...

(While I am writing, Pedro scored the 0:1 after an unbelievable error of the Inter line of defense).

Sic.

Rattler

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 20 April 2010, 20:12:32 »
ReplyReply

Just chekced in aat min 8, 0:0.

Barca is having a rough time: 3 games a week, no flights, always on the road on bus and hence no time for training (To go to Milan cost them 3 days, exiting from Espanyols stadium). As Guardiola put it: "uckily for us Inte eliminated Moscow, else w would not have made it in time"...

My guess is they will lose tonight vs. Inte, but hopefully score a goal and get the thing fine tuned in the return match in Barcelona...

(While I am writing, Pedro scored the 0:1 after an unbelievable error of the Inter line of defense).

Sic.

Rattler

and I was at the toilet again....seems they always score when I'm going to the little room  cry
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 20 April 2010, 20:26:59 »
ReplyReply

go, go, go, have a leak, plz... Smiley

Seriously, now minute 36 at 1:1, now I see what Guardiola wants his pupils to play: Touch and pass, touch and pass, and pass again... High speed, in triangles, seems Barca is gettng the upper hand for the moment, only two acrobatic personal defense actions sved Inter from getting behind...

Now another corner for Milan, they are not yet giving up (and will win, still my bet).

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 20 April 2010, 21:04:38 »
ReplyReply

min 60:

That is what I like about Barca:

Even being behind 2:1, they still do not change their (overall, there have been adjustments in the pause) style a little bit: Posession, pressure, and short passes to the box. Unlucky again two times, could well be 2:3 by now, INter wil know what expects them in Nou Camp...

(could be 2:4 by now, unjust yellow at Piquets) Actually, again I see a ref who does not sanction the hard entries aginst Messi, but is atent to every little thing Barca does...

(Now, 61, things turn for worse: 3:1... Etoo didnt do it, but the rebound went in, doubtful from my POV - offside?). Better if Barca does not let impress themselves and go for the 2nd, even if it were for the price of a 4 or 5:2... This is what a real future champion would have to go through, overcome and win in the end, long bus rides or unjust goals or not...

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 20 April 2010, 21:06:48 »
ReplyReply

I like this match better then the one against RM, way better football in general, more style, more technique
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 20 April 2010, 21:15:21 »
ReplyReply

I like this match better then the one against RM, way better football in general, more style, more technique

Yes, and Milan is playing power play, hoepfully this will cost them in the last minutes.

Anyway not all is lost for Barca, again their triangles work, but of cause the absence of Abidal and Iniesta have been proved on the field to be harming.

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 20 April 2010, 21:18:17 »
ReplyReply

now i was on the loo... my screen says 5:1?

What happened?

Rattler

EDIT: Corrected it, back to 3:1

Interesting: Milan now defending with (almost) 5...

R.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 20 April 2010, 21:21:42 »
ReplyReply

76: Another hard foul - edged of box - not signalled by the ref, where is he from?

Barca is playing as always... best idea, methinks.

Keeps smelling like the 2nd of Barca is around the corner, but it won´t go in....

R.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2010, 21:29:39 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 20 April 2010, 21:38:02 »
ReplyReply

76: Another hard foul - edged of box - not signalled by the ref, where is he from?

Barca is playing as always... best idea, methinks.

Keeps smelling like the 2nd of Barca is around the corner, but it won´t go in....

R.

and Puyol not in the returnmatch...that will be a miss  Onbeslist

good match, I love these kinds of battles!
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 20 April 2010, 21:39:09 »
ReplyReply

Well, 3:1 is surely not the best possible result, but also not anything impossible to overcome, Barca at home plays like you saw it the last 10 minutes, but more successful Smiley

Looking forward to a very interesting return match next week Smiley

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 20 April 2010, 21:42:22 »
ReplyReply

Yeah, with all the lesions Barca didnt have a defense anyway, Puyol out won´t help...

Inieta is well missed, Barca has good alternatives in front, but almost none in the center midfield and defense (after touree and abidal have finished their season). My guess is that Marquez will turn in for Puyol, but a week is a long time ( 3 more matches), so we will let us surprise with what Guardiola comes up.

In Inter, Milito played the best match I ever saw of him, also Barca made a lot of bad passes (not usual for them), and the ref did not help (oh, he is PORTUGESE!!!?? Christiano Country!! That explains a lot....)

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 21 April 2010, 07:10:44 »
ReplyReply

Ok, saw the match again this early morning, this was probably the slowest and imprecise Barca I have seen in a long time (and for the first time in 3 years lost with more than 1 goal difference). Messi was the best example, nothing of his usual agility and speed. Probably the three days in the bus was the culprit.

The ref indeed was eally hurting Barca: At least one penalty not given (the wnd incident), the 3rd goal now in repetition can be seen and is definitely offside...

I will never understand why UEFA allows a Portugese referee (for example) in a match where one of the trainers is an emblematic Portugese and the rival for the star player of the other for the Golden Ball is also Portugese... To easy to provide stuff for rumours.

I assume the return match will be very difficult, Milan will defend with 8 to avoid Barcas 2 necessary goals, and the Italians are good in that. Let a good counter come through, and the problem will be even bigger.

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 21 April 2010, 16:57:01 »
ReplyReply

Ok, saw the match again this early morning, this was probably the slowest and imprecise Barca I have seen in a long time (and for the first time in 3 years lost with more than 1 goal difference). Messi was the best example, nothing of his usual agility and speed. Probably the three days in the bus was the culprit.

The ref indeed was eally hurting Barca: At least one penalty not given (the wnd incident), the 3rd goal now in repetition can be seen and is definitely offside...

I will never understand why UEFA allows a Portugese referee (for example) in a match where one of the trainers is an emblematic Portugese and the rival for the star player of the other for the Golden Ball is also Portugese... To easy to provide stuff for rumours.

I assume the return match will be very difficult, Milan will defend with 8 to avoid Barcas 2 necessary goals, and the Italians are good in that. Let a good counter come through, and the problem will be even bigger.

Rattler

yep, the referee wasn't near top-level and indeed....why a southern ref when both teams are southern
return will indeed be very diff for Barca (with Puyol's abscence making things worse)

tonight: Bayern - Lyon : your bets plz!

I'm on Bayern side and I would foresee a 3-1 win (being positive  Knipoog )
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 21 April 2010, 20:06:28 »
ReplyReply

Bayern should make it, htey are on a rampage...

My bet Bayern vs. Lyon 2:0

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 21 April 2010, 20:37:08 »
ReplyReply

Bayern should make it, htey are on a rampage...

My bet Bayern vs. Lyon 2:0

TA

boring.... cry

and a very DEEP RED card, in my opinion a red card isn't sufficient... a European ban would be much better....seems that the negative vibes surrounding Ribery got under his skin...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7606850/French-footballers-Ribery-and-Govou-in-prostitute-sex-scandal.html
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 22 April 2010, 20:02:18 »
ReplyReply

here we go again....  Atletico - Liverpool

update: 8'; Liverpool's playing without defence...that's brave...what a mess 1-0
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 22 April 2010, 20:26:14 »
ReplyReply

...and Atletico plays only with half attack, only Forlan is there. Liverpool is lacking Torres, and Atletico el "Kun". An inter-spanish match Smiley

Rattler

the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 22 April 2010, 21:55:44 »
ReplyReply

I am so out of touch with football here that I don't even know when the World Cup starts Bedroefd

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 23 April 2010, 07:52:03 »
ReplyReply

I would guess as always the 2nd week in June, I *do* know there are 49 days to go, as this was mentioned on the news and Spain has so many injured players.

Try the calendar:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html

(Reminder to self: Start a WC topic).

As the WC is approaching, let me remind of how (and what) Italy trains (bunping this one from our first page):

Italian Soccer Training Camp

All, enjoy, and beware!   hihi Huh?

Rattler

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 28 April 2010, 16:50:48 »
ReplyReply

Ok, so tonight is the night (whoever of the two makes the final will beat Bayern is my guess), Barca obliged to score either a 2:0, a 3:1 (with 2x15 min prorogation and possible penalties!!), or a 4:1 or 6:2 to directly qualify for the final ***IN MADRID*** (!!!)...

Already dubbed the "match of the year" I as living here could of cause go on hours telling you what all the experts have been saying during this last week, but lets have a betting round instead:

My specific take on the outcome:

- 3:1 and win for Barca in penalties (my *basic* bet: Barca will qualify).

Looking forward to hear your opinion!

May the best win (and not the ref this time),

Rattler

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166533 | Sitemap