29 March 2024, 06:47:28 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Soccer Anyone? (The neverending soccer thread)  (Read 83055 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 20 October 2009, 21:14:13 »
ReplyReply

Update on mine and 13th battle for the Spanish Fantasy League:

After 6 days 13th has 251,5 points, myself 252,5, so it´s a close match: Winning by one point does not mean anything, on the 5th day I was more than 20 behind... but now coming on strong Smiley

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 28 October 2009, 17:30:48 »
ReplyReply

If you are one that loves good soccer or if you are anti-Madrid then you had a great night yesterday: A 3rd league team beat Real Madrid 4:0 (!) in the cup (but RMA is sure to take revenge in the re-match in the Bernabeu, they don´t feel eliminatd yet).

This not with a team of supplements, but with a real RMA on the grass... The galctians lost against planet Earth, vs. a team that played with verve, speed, aggressiveness, exhibiting basic soccer virtutes, a great goalie (and with a bit of luck and a striker - Borja - that now has made 6 vs. RMA in three consecutive years and 3 different teams, he is one player that comes from RMA but was mustered out because "...he simply does not meet the futbolistic standards of this club..."  reddevil).

Marca sums it up like this (translation by me... http://www.marca.com/2009/10/27/futbol/copa_rey/1256683945.html):

The Real Madrid will never forget Alcorcón city, scene of the most ridiculous event in its history. The City of Santo Domingo caused the most disastrous chapter in living memory in the history of a Real Madrid faceless versus the Cup... Years go by, players  change, coaches... and Madrid is rising it´s level of ridiculous in a competition that only has left his coat-of-arms besmudged in recent times. Still, this Tuesday is unique: It will never be surpassed! The Alcorcón, a humble team that simply plays soccer, highlighted the white misery.

The Alcorcón could never imagine such a night, neither The Real Madrid, who went to the locker room at half time with a shirt that had lost the coat-of-arms on the way. For this Madrid it should matter a damn that they still can turn around the tie at the Bernabeu. The damage is done. The Alcorcón demonstrated to The Madrid that illusion, desire and heart still exist and count in soccer. Pellegrini's team dit not seem able to focus for this meeting.

The shameful night of The Madrid should not conceal or relegate to sedond plane the glory of The Alcorcón, who had won 'their' European Cup and 'their' World Cup at once. No surprisingly: The alcorconeros *did* appear on the field, the locals *did* want to win this game. The Alcorcón showed THe Madrid how it is playing football without brigth star lights. The Whites left for the rest losing 3-0. It was not a dream nor a nightmare, it was the real world that did not count with The Madrid. The galaxies do not exist.

The Alcorcón had the first three chances in the first three minutes, when, for three times, they almost scored a goal. The avice to The Madrid could not be clearer. Never mind that players like Raul, Benzema, Guti, Methelder, Granero, Van der Varth, Van Nistelroy, Drenthe and Albiol were present. Those who deserved to wear that white shirt or any other big team´s shirt were Juanma, Nagore, Inigo Gomez, Anaurbe, Ruben Sanz, Sergio Mora, Bejar, Ernest, Borja, Cascón, Bravo, Jeremy and Caramel: Humble footballers who play for love of the sport, which serves them to make ends meet but not to live in wealth. They belong to planet Earth. "The Real Madrid of The Exellences" fell into an abyss.

The outcome of the meeting does not only have to be explained from the heart/balls POV but also from soccer and aesthetics aspects: Much better was The Alcorcón, did not allow the mind of Guti to arrive in Santo Domingo. Without soccer at Real, the Yellows did everything right. The Whites opened the doors wide in their defense. The Alcorcón did not let pass his opportunity.

It wasn´t the goalie Dudek`s fault to be back in the worst place on the grass again (it means something to say he was the best player when a team loses 4:0). His cross-parade to block Borja´s first attempt to score was the beginning of the end for Madrid. Came the first goal. The second did Arbeloa, who was misplaced for his work and lent a hand to the locals. The other two goals were a of a much higher meaning.

The third did Ernesto, who finished an entry on the left wing, where Drenthe did not exist (if you see the goal you can see he is just "strolling" over the field, R.), who was the assigned bodyguard of The Madrid on Tuesday. Ernesto, author of that 3-0 was a Real Madrid youth product, as Borja, author of the fourth. Alcorcón striker, who was also part of the RMA entity in its lower grades, scored his sixth goal vs. The Madrid. It is not a blunder, Borja beat the Whites already with The Leganés and The Alicante in the last two years.

The ridicule of Madrid transcurred all frontiers at half time, when Guti was angry at being substituted. Real had 2 chances, all disrupted by Juanma, but never found a way to clear it´s image. Raul, Madrid's soul in good and bad, delivered a message the end of the game: "We have been given a lesson in humility." At least they are not giving the coats-of-arms away for free.

See to believe, players worth 250 Millions of Euros on the grass losing 4:0 vs. a team with a 800.000 Euros budget:

Alcorcón 4 - 0 Real Madrid Copa del Rey (27/10/09) HISTORICA HUMILLACIÓN HISTORICAL HUMILIATION

Alcorcón 4 Madrid 0 27-10-2009 Copa del Rey .

Viva el Alcorcón!

4. Alcorcón: Juanma; Rubén Sanz, Iñigo López, Borja Gómez, Nagore; Rubén Sanz; Ernesto Gómez (Jeremy, min.65), Sergio Mora, Fernando Bejar (Carmelo, min. 75); Diego Cascó y Borja Pérez (Bravo, min.82).

0. Real Madrid: Dudek; Arbeloa, Albiol, Metzelder, Drenthe; Mahamadou Diarra, Guti (Gago, min,46), Van der Vaart; Granero (Marcelo, min.63); Raúl (Van Nistelrooy, min. 72) y Benzema.

Goals: 1-0, min 16: Borja; 2-0, min 22: Arbeloa auto-goal; 3-0, min 40: Ernesto; 4-0, min 52: Borja.

Rattler

« Last Edit: 28 October 2009, 17:43:21 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 28 October 2009, 17:41:10 »
ReplyReply

Soccer doesn't really interest me.  If I ever watch it, it's just to check the guys out.  hihi     Knipoog

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28 October 2009, 19:22:37 »
ReplyReply

woooow Rattler...what a humiliation  hdbng
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 28 October 2009, 21:49:29 »
ReplyReply

woooow Rattler...what a humiliation  hdbng

Here in Spain this is a national thing, not one news show that does not at least devote 10 minutes to what now has been dubbed by "Marca" 'Alcorcongate'.

Taking a look at the national newspapers headlines (and I am not only talking the sports papers here) says it all (scrolll down):

http://enlacesdeldia.hagoclic.com/2009/10/28/terremoto-en-alcorcon-alcorcon-4-real-madrid-0/

and also in the international papers it has it´s repercussions (even CNN opened the day with it in the US):

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/292153,spanish-media-mock-real-madrid-after-cup-shock--feature.html

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/10/28/1589359/spanish-press-slam-real-madrid

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss_Sport&set_id=6&click_id=4&art_id=nw20091028103517697C454049

Rattler

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 1 November 2009, 14:37:29 »
ReplyReply

LOL nice to see those millionaires defeated that way Knipoog

Ajax just beat up Feyenoord in our only classic game of the year Smiley
Only 5-1, players lost accuracy and tried to do some gallery play, if they had remained sharp it could have been 10-1 Bedroefd
feyenoord received two red cards Smiley
Gabri again played a very good match.
he has been away due to an inury for several months, today he played his second game, and it was just as if he never had been away!

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2 November 2009, 08:38:46 »
ReplyReply

Spanish League Reuslts and table, day 9:

http://es.soccerway.com/national/spain/primera-division/2009-2010/regular-season/

Looks my constant work starts paying off, my Sant Elm Serpients now have a solid 70 points lead on 13th_rednecks Real Andorra in the yahoo fantasy soccer league... http://es.superliga.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football/ Smiley

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 11 November 2009, 16:47:53 »
ReplyReply

Elizabeth Lambert fights: New Mexico vs BYU

Huh?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 27 November 2009, 21:07:16 »
ReplyReply

48 hours to the "Classic", this year tainted by politics, but I still expect to see a good game, with all players on the field: Messi and Ibra from the Barca side, and CR9 on the Madrid side...

Of cause I expect a condundent win by Barca (but this year it won´t be sooo easy as the 2:6 they gave them end of last season) Smiley

Can´t hardly wait.... Smiley

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 28 November 2009, 10:45:55 »
ReplyReply

48 hours to the "Classic", this year tainted by politics, but I still expect to see a good game, with all players on the field: Messi and Ibra from the Barca side, and CR9 on the Madrid side...

Of cause I expect a condundent win by Barca (but this year it won´t be sooo easy as the 2:6 they gave them end of last season) Smiley

Can´t hardly wait.... Smiley

Rattler

good news for the Belgian fans: http://www.prime.be/nl/sport/football/openstadion/

we can see the complete match for free on our digital decoders-TV  champ
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 28 November 2009, 13:50:36 »
ReplyReply

We will see 500 Millions of Euros (750 Millions of $) worth of soccer players on the field:

As Madrid only has Casillas from its own youth, they will have put more money on the field, roughly 330 Millions, with CR9 for 94 Millions being the most expensive.

Barca, with many of it´s own players coming from their youth (Valdez, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Bojan, etc), will only have a total of 160 Millions playing, with Ibrahimovic with 86 Millions as the most expenisve being the equivalent off all other 7 players together that Barca had to pay for...

Incredible...

Rattler

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 28 November 2009, 15:06:46 »
ReplyReply

We will see 500 Millions of Euros (750 Millions of $) worth of soccer players on the field:

As Madrid only has Casillas from its own youth, they will have put more money on the field, roughly 330 Millions, with CR9 for 94 Millions being the most expensive.

Barca, with many of it´s own players coming from their youth (Valdez, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Bojan, etc), will only have a total of 160 Millions playing, with Ibrahimovic with 86 Millions as the most expenisve being the equivalent off all other 7 players together that Barca had to pay for...

Incredible...

Rattler

yeah, I enjoy their game but have doubts with the money that's playing on the fields...what could be done 'good' with all that money?
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 6 April 2010, 16:17:43 »
ReplyReply

As a Barca fan, tonight is this years night of the nights, this week is the week of weeks:

Chanpions: Barca had played (with a superb expression of soccer) 2:2 in London, this night is the return  match (in Barcelona).

Both teams face serious problems: In Arsenal (which has al Spain worried for the WC) Cesc Fabregas is down for 3 month for a ligament  injury, in Barca it is worse: The normal central defense with Puyol and Piquets absent for accumulation of yellows, Iniesta and Ibrahimovic down for injury...

Guardiola (for not Barca fans: The Mister) has tried a formation vs. Atletico Bilbao in the league this weekend with 6 guys from the second team, result (with again an exhibition of the same soccer the main team plays) 4:1, so not everything is lost...

Then, at the weekend, Madrid vs. Barca: Madrid (who lost 2:6 last year, just scroll up the page a bit much to: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/the-lounge-get-a-beer-go-off-topic/soccer-anyone-%28the-neverending-soccer-thread%29/msg3960/#msg3960) have improved a lot after investing 340 Million Euros (90 just for C. Ronaldo = "CR9" - roumors have it that they are intending to get permission from the federations to change his shirt number from "9" to "90.000.000" but haven´t found nough space on the shirt yet... Smiley ), and as they are tied in points (and Madrid leading by one goal) this probably will be the decisive match of the season (first round in Barcelona 1:0).

Of cause, shold Barca get eliminated tonight, this would influence this important weekend game also...

Interesting and emotional week, Barca with the best combinative soccer of the planet (4 goals more than same date last year when they won all 6 world wide possbile titles for the first time in history for any team) facing the two most effective teams on the planet (Madrid has 1 goal more and have never scored below two in a match, Arsenal has won all their out matches).

Onwards, soccer fans, tune in tonight and saturday at 2200 local, you surely won´t regret the time spent!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 April 2010, 17:08:47 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 6 April 2010, 18:11:38 »
ReplyReply

thx for reminding me it's tuesday today (with that free monday my schedule is f*** up)

I saw the Barca game last week and I was still a bit disappointed.... 2-2??? while they were so much better?

And Barca-Galacticos is also here on payed TV saturday  champ
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 6 April 2010, 19:49:41 »
ReplyReply

I saw the Barca game last week and I was still a bit disappointed.... 2-2??? while they were so(oooooo... R.) much better?

And Barca-Galacticos is also here on payed TV saturday  champ

Here my take (match has not started yet):

Yes they were better, light years better actually, but playing in foreign territory (playing at home has a  testosterone boost of 80% for home players, home/away yes has a backround) hampers, so some of the other possible 10 goals just did not go in (the 1 centimeter difference  is luck to some point, and adrenaline which is testosterone triggered).

I expect Barca to fill their wretched defense (for tonight, against the anti christ they will play with their full force) with Marquez, and I also expect Guardiola to trust his A youth (Bojan, Pedro etc: No club has a better youth than Barca atm, though, of cause, they will lack "experience" which in champions influences). Anyway, history is against them, nobody won Champions twice (but, plz, let them make semis!).

Let us see, kick off now, I might chime in in half time again.

On the next game its (ex-)galacticos (much better than last season, actually, to be fair, in total in the league averaging Barca of last year) vs. Barca and not the other way around, "merengue" home turf and we "culés" will be suffering, a draw would be great for us. Of cause, and I can only repeat the importance of todays match, if we get eliminated today.... forget all titles.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 April 2010, 19:58:01 by Rattler » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: 6 April 2010, 20:04:43 »
ReplyReply

min 18: F.....!!!! Arsenal 0:1, and what is more, for a ref fault/ball loss fault....?

Rattler

I was about to write on my modifying this message: "Now Messi has to save us again", when he already scored, and a super goal, after pass from "Pedro" (he is *not* "Pedrito" (= "little Pedro") anymore, though his dress still says so: The only player of Spanish history that scored in all 6 competitions in one year! A-youth Barca all the way!... Smiley )

min 20: 1:1 after goal from Messi.

Rattler

Again, Messi is instoppable when Barca is donw in the ring, another unbelievable goal from a sound preparation, and just the 15 centimeters ahead of the defender that make the difference: Min 37, 2:1, gooooooooool Meeeeeeesssi! !!

Rattler
« Last Edit: 6 April 2010, 20:23:47 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 6 April 2010, 20:22:15 »
ReplyReply

min 18: F.....!!!! Arsenal 0:1, and what is more, for a ref fault/ball loss fault....?

Rattler

I was about to write on my modifying this message: "Now Messi has to save us again", when he already scored, and a super goal, after pass from "Pedro" (he is *not* "Pedrito" (= "little Pedro") anymore, though his dress still says so: The only player of Spanish history that scored in all 6 competitions in one year! A-youth Barca all the way!... Smiley )

min 20: 1:1 after goal from Messi.

Rattler

still....hard working goal from Bentner....and brilliant from Messi....

damn....typing his name gave him the urge to score again  champ
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 6 April 2010, 20:27:33 »
ReplyReply

... and again: 3:1 Messi, minute 39... Smiley

Actually, this best player of all times just broke another record (sorry Stoffel), maximal scorer in European competitions now, van Basten is relegated to 2nd place as of today... Smiley

OTOH he is only human, just missed the 4:1 he had on his toe...

Rattler

Halftime result: Messi vs. Arsenal 3:1
« Last Edit: 6 April 2010, 20:33:55 by Rattler » Logged

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 6 April 2010, 20:42:39 »
ReplyReply

hattrick in Champions League....damn....

still possible:

6 players have scored 4 goals in one European Cup/UEFA Champions League match:

* Marco van Basten (Milan), Simone Inzaghi (Lazio), Dado Pršo (Monaco), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Andriy Shevchenko (Milan) Ferenc Puskas (Madrid)

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 6 April 2010, 21:00:22 »
ReplyReply

hattrick in Champions League....damn....

still possible:

6 players have scored 4 goals in one European Cup/UEFA Champions League match:

* Marco van Basten (Milan), Simone Inzaghi (Lazio), Dado Pršo (Monaco), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Andriy Shevchenko (Milan) Ferenc Puskas (Madrid)

I stand corrected (had not being pulling from the net, just off -my bad - memory). Overall not even, Raul (Real Madrid) is the top scorer with 64, Messi is closing in with 57.

Now (after Abidals re-injury and swap for Maxwell, another really down thingy for defense... from wretched to disastrous now...) they are going defensive, Bojan out and Touré in, I thinks this is a mistake that the might pay dearly (any draw wil have Barca elimintated now).

What is worse, that is not their style, they do not even know how to play defensive, I can only pray Iniesta comes in (they are failing in the midfield) and that he will not re-injure (one week for a muscular injury seems almost impossible??)

Rattler

Min 74: A pity Rosicky goes out, for me one of the best on the pitch, but of cause Wenger now tries everything with new forces (though I think Eduardo is not even on the same planet as Rosicky).

R.

I was right, he isnt: Min 76: Eduardo goes solo and fails to come close to the goal from 37 metres, two free players to his right ignored.

R.
« Last Edit: 6 April 2010, 21:19:15 by Rattler » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166636 | Sitemap