19 April 2024, 08:03:39 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Rattler accidet and hiatus for a while  (Read 7244 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« on: 9 October 2009, 13:57:25 »
ReplyReply

had my personal ft. alamo today, one of the anecdts for gransons: got - at leaving hous at 0730 at dawn - into a battle with 5 or 6 wild dog pack of considerable size, result: cannot type on keyboard, only with smallest finger of left, cannot scroll nor move mouse, and for some days or so...

oob enemy: 5-6 dogs wild incl 2+ pointers, therest smller

oob friendlies: me, my 2 dogs, 12 hens 3 cocks, 2 cats from the neigbour and my male cat

how it went: managed to repel the pack attack, although with heavy friendly losses.

casualities enemy: 2 biggies with crushed balls from my steel boots left howling. one small dog kia (really sorry for that: accidentally full power kicked his head), the rest fled when the tide turned

casualities friendlies: 2 neighbour cats, 3 hens, 1 cock all kia - and one who remained nekkid: not 1 feather left -, my dogs with split ears and uperficial injuries, and the worst part i took: 1 tendon fissure (cannot open or close right hand), and all patched up on both arms, right arm in plaster prvisionally and fixed plaster day after tomorrow when the hemoraghia is reduced.

ironically the severest injury i got was blu-on-blu: when i was going for the throat of one of the pointers my small dog - the one frm the pix - also was going but got +my+ arm instead, would not let loose for 5-10 secs shaking it like a bone: tendon fissure and some 4 really deep holes, hurting like hell...

just fyi why i won´t really post much for some days..

rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 9 October 2009, 14:22:08 »
ReplyReply

Sounds bad Matt,

Take care and relax a bit!!!
Shouldnt you buy a gun?

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 9 October 2009, 15:50:28 »
ReplyReply

Crikey!  That sounds bad.  Hope you are doing okay,  Matt?

Are there a lot of animals running wild out there then?   

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 9 October 2009, 16:42:02 »
ReplyReply

Sounds like a case of 'Friendly Fire'...I might suggest a 32 ounce 'Louiseville Slugger' (baseball bat) over a gun as there is less chance of neighbors taking incoming. Maybe I dedicated my last song to the wrong person...no matter, just scroll back and play it loud, as you are the champion this day, my friend. Time to kick back and put your feet up with a cold cervasa.   beerout

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 9 October 2009, 21:40:43 »
ReplyReply

Are there a lot of animals running wild out there then?   

no, first time ever i had to confront sth like that, turned out later today 4 dogs were from on owner and had escaped (and he denoncef me and demands me fopr te small one that go the bad part).

Shouldnt you buy a gun?

henk, you have been here and know my setup, a gun would be seriously counter productive, any stone or stick is better in such a situation: surprise attack, you wont be carrying anyway.

Sounds like a case of 'Friendly Fire'...I might suggest a 32 ounce 'Louiseville Slugger' (baseball bat) over a gun as there is less chance of neighbors taking incoming. Maybe I dedicated my last song to the wrong person...no matter, just scroll back and play it loud, as you are the champion this day, my friend. Time to kick back and put your feet up with a cold cervasa.   beerout

thx facman, i agree: baseball bat would have cleared te situauion asap. but who carries a bat when leavin for work?

interesting bit was the action of my 8+ kilo cat sombero (henk knows him, here in front of the picture below see a nrmal sized cat behind): really went into the fight handing it claws out to the smaller dogs as he saw *his* cocker attacking and never wavered, i never expected anything like that... the eighbour cats fled and had no luck, the pointers got them.

i did not reprimand pocholo who bit me (left on the pic below), as this FF or blu-on-blu attack on me really was clearly an accident and I contributed to it by ot keeping my arm out of the way of two dogs going for each other.

also, the news is good: after revision tonight and change of the gazes, it seems neither intervention nor fixed plaster will be necessary, doc told me I can work and type nirmally within three days... Smiley

tx everybody for worrying.

rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 9 October 2009, 22:40:23 »
ReplyReply

Glad that you are doing okay,  take care of yourself. 

Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 9 October 2009, 23:47:53 »
ReplyReply

Hoping you recover well Rattler.  A pair of wolfhounds seems in order if not a shotgun loaded with birdshot.
Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 9 October 2009, 23:50:24 »
ReplyReply

That's funny that the cat helped out in the battle.  Most unexpected.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2009, 07:23:52 »
ReplyReply

well, maybe no so much. sombrero was raised and educted by the cocker and at some time believed he was a dog: when the cocker barked at people walking by my house, he would also "bark" (a funny thing see him trying it and an even funnier sound), he would lift a leg to pee, etc.

when the new cocker "Locke" came into the house and "esquid" left to palma with my ex, he transferred his attention seamlessly to "locke", imitating everything he does. so, when the cocker charged he also did, thats the only explanation i have...

rattler

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 10 October 2009, 10:13:33 »
ReplyReply

Cats can be dangerous because they are smarter than dogs..

They can flee to higher ground but keep attention focussed on the dog.
I saw that with a neighbour.
His shepperd dog was attacked by the cat he had.
The dog just one second lost guard and turned his head.
The cat on top of the closet jumped down onto his neck.
My friend had to kill the cat with a hamer because the cats nails where deep into the neck of the dog, a little further and the dog wouldnt have made it either.
The dog in his struggle ruined the entire livingroom .......
We managed to grab him and had to hold him with 3 men to be able to get he cat of his neck.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 October 2009, 10:53:01 »
ReplyReply

woooooowwww....well...you surely had an exciting day...good to hear you'll recover  champ

my smallest dog bit me once (my fault) and meanwhile jumped away, with my finger still in his mouth...

result: 2 days in hospital....they had to open my finger and clean it on the inside....very nasty...

once I had the splendid idea to catch me a wild pussy....he bit me...no problem there....but after a couple of hours my arm became twice as thick....infection ON the bone.....yayks....nasty!

BTW: I like your new writing style.... hihi
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2009, 23:55:41 »
ReplyReply

You're typing is definitely  better than yesterday,  Rattler.     congrats

I have a Husky,  she's big and doesn't like strangers much,  but all she ever does is bark, never actually touches people she doesn't know.  But her bark is loud and scary!  On the other hand,  I've had tiny kittens here before and she has allowed them to go all over her, even use her bowl.  And I've taught her how to take her favorite treat very gently from my mouth.  (The treat doesn't taste too bad actually,  but a bit too tough for me I think) Knipoog

I think the owners of a dog have a lot to answer for,  it's up to them to teach their pet to behave in the right manner.
I agree about cat behavior,  they can be a strange kind of animal.  I've seen cats attack even very large dogs before,  especially when protecting their kittens...

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 October 2009, 00:12:46 »
ReplyReply

it's ALL about the owners....they make animals to do what they do...

got 2 dogs and 2 cats and they live/walk mingled all the time in peace and rest....I am the boss around here...no macho business in the pack  hihi
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 11 October 2009, 13:57:46 »
ReplyReply

Grijns

Sounds like you have them well under control Koen.  It's important with dogs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44449194 | Sitemap