25 April 2024, 23:04:44 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Just random thoughts and conversation thread  (Read 75980 times)
TechAdmin
Administrator

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 3 February 2010, 21:53:36 »
ReplyReply

-snip- Our dog 'Koda' (friend in Lakota language) has been having troubles walking on his right front leg for several months now, due to a breakdown and loss of cartilage in his paw. Now he has been found to have cancer as well, it has already metasticized and is in his lungs. So it shall be farewell for our son of 11 years as we send him to the otherside. -snip-

FACMan, my friend, I cannot be of much help. Just that you know, though, for one "Koda" that has to go, another is going to arrive!

Life´s weird co-incidences (and now try and tell me again this here village is not magic!), without even knowing what the name meant in whatever language, one of the 7 sons of my dog "Locke" ("Curl" in German, for that stange curl of hair on his forehead), we just named him "Koda" (just on behalf of the wish of the 5 yrs old son of his new owner). NOTE, there is no meaning to the word at all in Spanisch, it is a pure random (?) alignement of letters from our POV...

He is now four month old, and here in the village. Timid for starrters, he is now picking up and making friends with everybody, puppy... . If you wish (and it would be a pleasure to do so), I can keep you updated on his development, the picture (he is the one with the head sticking out, 2nd from left) is from the day two month ago (56 days old then) that we named him:

Koda:

The father, "Locke":

Kindest regards,

TA

"Smile, tomorrow will be worse!"  Murphy
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 4 February 2010, 08:47:09 »
ReplyReply

Our Koda was also quite timid early on, but as his confidence grew, so did his circle of friends.

Below a pic of a Dog & his Duck swimming laps, they would do this for hours at a time.

I am pleased to hear the story of the young Koda, please tell the owners what their dogs name means. Thanks Matt!

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 4 February 2010, 10:45:32 »
ReplyReply

Roger, willco.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 16 February 2010, 03:36:13 »
ReplyReply

So,  I'm getting late going to bed.  My cat has just started having her kittens.  She managed to get pregnant before I had a chance to get her done.  Anyway, so far so good.  She has just had one so far,  will keep you posted on how it goes.  And also post some photos.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 16 February 2010, 14:42:38 »
ReplyReply

I just took this one.  It's not very good, but the best I can do for now.  She had five kittens altogether:

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 16 February 2010, 18:49:09 »
ReplyReply

A more recent one.  They are all doing well and are cute as can be: 

(I have changed her bedding, but it needs doing regularly, and I don't want to keep disturbing them)

Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 18 February 2010, 02:05:49 »
ReplyReply

aaww those are some cute little guys you got there Jilly  Grijns
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 18 February 2010, 08:22:53 »
ReplyReply

Found in my TA work this moring that our site shows up in a google search for "facman.it", so I followed it, this is what I found:

http://www.facman.net/Facman_Classic/

Another mystery solved... Smiley

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2 March 2010, 00:32:06 »
ReplyReply

aaww those are some cute little guys you got there Jilly  Grijns

They are cute aren't they Mike?  I have to take some new photos and post them.  They have all opened their eyes now and are getting quite adventurous.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2 March 2010, 00:35:21 »
ReplyReply

Looks like Canada has won the most Gold medals in the Winter Olympics.   Grijns

Results:

(gold, silver, bronze and total)

United States 9 15 13 37

Germany 10 13 7 30

Canada 14 7 5 26

Norway 9 8 6 23

Austria 4 6 6 16

Russian Federation 3 5 7 15

Korea 6 6 2 14

China 5 2 4 11

Sweden 5 2 4 11

France 2 3 6 11

Switzerland 6 0 3 9

Well done, Canada. Smiley

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: 2 March 2010, 20:50:04 »
ReplyReply

congrats  champ

did you see the comment of the Russian president?

it went something like this: ahum...."the people of the Russian Olympic Commity should take their responsability and make some heavy choices...if not...we'll give them a hand"  whistle
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 4 March 2010, 17:51:23 »
ReplyReply

I love being a Canadian.  Did you know that Vancouver has (yet again) been voted the best and most livable city in the world?

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 4 March 2010, 20:49:39 »
ReplyReply

I love being a Canadian.  Did you know that Vancouver has (yet again) been voted the best and most livable city in the world?

no, didn't know that...nice  congrats
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 4 March 2010, 21:39:07 »
ReplyReply

Canadians are viewed as about the most civilized people in the world, they only got one problem (from Bushees faction POV, of cause):

http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml

Rattler

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 5 March 2010, 01:00:10 »
ReplyReply

Koen......>   urock

(can't find the flower icon)

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 5 March 2010, 01:01:49 »
ReplyReply

Rattler,  well,  I'm certainly very civilized doncha know  Tong

btw, Rattler,  you are not checking your PM's on the HANG forum lately.  Perhaps you don't have them set up right?

Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 10 March 2010, 17:46:51 »
ReplyReply

Yeah canada is cool, still have some distant relatives over there. My greatgrandfather was a Belgian canadian (or how that you call it) But came to Belgium just before the World war. But some of his children stayed. maybe one day i'll move to there to. its certainly way up my list of countries were i might move to.
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2 June 2010, 20:17:22 »
ReplyReply

Well,  if you any of you ever do come to  Canada,  I hope you'll find the time to visit.

My latest news is that I'm probably moving to the City come late summer.  For work and school purposes.  It's not a permanent move,  just for the one year.  It should be interesting.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 4 July 2010, 22:11:45 »
ReplyReply

Have a good 4th July, Americans!

Well,  1st July was Canada day,  here are some pics from then:

deleted on request

MontyB
WaT Supporter

New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 5 July 2010, 02:36:01 »
ReplyReply

Have a good 4th July, Americans!

Well,  1st July was Canada day,  here are some pics from then:

Hehe nice stuff, our national day is February 6th (Waitangi Day) and it is usually the national day of protest when the "natives" with very white skin and English names protest about the Europeans "oppressing" them, but it is summer and there is plenty of beer and beaches so no one really cares.

We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation. ~Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44542290 | Sitemap