19 April 2024, 01:46:19 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Just random thoughts and conversation thread  (Read 75698 times)
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 6 December 2009, 00:07:28 »
ReplyReply

Mike,

As it is SAT night I am giving you some - well earned - leeway:

Becoming 22 years old tomorrow and i dont like it one bit. I still want to be a "kid" somedays you know. real life is catching up with me so fast :p

Don´t you worry: You will *always* be a kid even if over 50, you won´t lose that (but you will have to find the lady that knows *and loves* it)...

I guess it is in our genes, but for women we will always have that "inunderstandable" kid aspect even when matured. I, personally, like and cherish this, we have enough roblems being real men, any "kid" relief is wellcome...

This said, you are still a "twen" after tomorrow, and many more years to come... CONGRATS, caballero!  champ

Number2: really really hoping I find someone to "love"; i've been alone all my life and i'm getting sick and tired from it. Mike is starting to need some affection Knipoog This my fault for a part, the few girls that were interested in me i didnt like that way, maybe i schould have a more "open-mind" about these things.

Not your fault as far as you dexcribe:If it its not worth it do *not* go for it... Do not rush things, live life the "Rattler" way, take it easy. How long has *your* life been by now? 4 yrs? 2 yrs? When did you start it on your own (left from home)?

I am looking back on some (startting with 17) 36 yrs now, and there are mysteries that haven´t revealed themselves to me yet, but one thing is sure for me: If it is to hit, it will. And then, it will be allright. I cannot give you much guidance as my life shows I havent even managed to get mine on line, but I believe that dropping your level of expectations is the wrong way to start things out...

We have a saying in Germany "Every pot has it´s cover", so: Just ride it out, don´t let anything burn and screw away all you can, but always have this eye open for what you really are looking for... Give, and do ot expect reward for it, the best way to go.

Number3: Hang out with my friends more.

Not a bad idea as such, but heavily contradicting your #2, methinks... Chicks AFAIK do not take a real liking to that... Smiley

Kindest regards, and "Happy Birthday!" to you:  champ

bdaypty

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 6 December 2009, 00:49:46 »
ReplyReply

Have a great birthday,  Mike.

Wow 22,  you are SO young.  Smiley

Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 6 December 2009, 11:46:07 »
ReplyReply

@ rattler, wise words again my friend Smiley
and thanks

@ Jilly thanks Smiley
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 7 December 2009, 01:01:29 »
ReplyReply

There was a birthday cake in my last post,  not sure where it went.   Huh?

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 7 December 2009, 01:05:57 »
ReplyReply

There was a birthday cake in my last post,  not sure where it went.   Huh?

I have sen it, sometimes it displays, sometimes ot. must be a photobucket thingy as all other stuff displays well.

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 7 December 2009, 01:10:24 »
ReplyReply

So,  what will you most remember about this year?  Either personally or generally?  Was it a good year for you?  Or not so good?

So, how was this year for you and what do you have planned for 2010?    Smiley

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 7 December 2009, 01:29:41 »
ReplyReply

Yes, it's not anyone's fault.  Here's another one for  Mike:

champ

Mad Russian

« Reply #27 on: 7 December 2009, 07:26:10 »
ReplyReply

2009 in review:

January - Our youngest daughter went into the hospital to have an emergency C-Section done to save her and the baby. They were in the hospital more than a month each.

An Uncle died.

Having trouble with my joints swelling up. Having a hard time walking without crutches or a cane.

March - The woman that raised me as my Mom died. I couldn't afford to go the funeral.

April - Youngest daughter back the hospital and is operated on.

Lost my job because the company went bankrupt.

May - Got another job.

June - My best friend dies of cancer.

Koen and I have issues.

Went to see my Father. When I got back they fired me from my job.

Visited the Lady that raised me's grave and paid my respects.

July - My Father dies on our youngest daughters birthday.

Aug - Our youngest daughter is back in the hospital.

My wife's best friend and the wife of my longest gaming friend dies of breast cancer.

Having problems with my joints swelling up.

Sept - My joints swell to the point I can't walk. I finally go to the VA.

Stopped mortgage company from foreclosing on my home.

Middle daughter and her family move back from Kentucky. All the kids and grandkids back in Tx now.

Oct - Still can't walk without either a cane or crutches.

Start interview process with Coca Cola Company.  They were less than thrilled that I couldn't walk without a cane.

Youngest daughter back in the hospital. FINALLY she see's another doctor.

Sent to the VA hospital for x-rays. Had 32 x-rays done of all my joints and my back. Results were good. Electric bill much lower now since I now glow in the dark..... Brede lach

Nov - Finally get the correct diagnosis after 3 years. Find out I have rheumatoid arthritis. Get some medication that starts to work.

Coke drags out the hiring process for a secondary job.

Youngest daughter and youngest grand-daughter home for Thanksgiving. I can at least walk unaided for short periods. It was a good visit.

Dec - They hire someone else for the original position but are talking to me continuously about the secondary job. They are a strange company to do business with in HR. No reps here. Closest one in Dallas and then Atlanta.

The ESL (English as a Second Language)/US Citizenship program I direct gets local attention in the newspaper. We are growing slowly. Our entire organization is volunteer.

Midnight December 31st 2009 - By this time I will have had the worst year of my life and it will finally be behind me personally and for my family as well. Couldn't happen to a nicer year. Everything happens for a reason and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

That should mean I'm reasonably stronger for what happens for the rest of my life on this planet. I'll need that to help me with some of the left over issues that 2009 brought. But it should be easier to handle after what we've just been through.

Good Hunting.

MR
« Last Edit: 7 December 2009, 07:38:03 by Mad Russian » Logged
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 7 December 2009, 15:16:29 »
ReplyReply

What a year, Im glad its behind you as well. As for the VA, if you dont have a rep, get one. They will guide you through the labrynth the VA has set up. Personally, I chose the American Legion because they were the advocates for starting the VA originally, so they have a lot of exp dealing with them. Though it took almost 3 years they helped get me the settlement I deserved. If the VA had their way, Id still be at 20% instead of the 80% I now have.

At your service,

Jody

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 7 December 2009, 16:12:32 »
ReplyReply

Wow,  it has been a very tough year for you MR,  hope 2010 is better.

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 7 December 2009, 17:01:15 »
ReplyReply

Pedicure sounds great  xangel

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 7 December 2009, 18:10:47 »
ReplyReply

I feel like going for  a loonng drive, and losing myself.

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 7 December 2009, 18:56:09 »
ReplyReply

Hold off till' the summer when we visit Las Vegas *big smile* then you can really lose yourself Knipoog lol........... xangel

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 8 December 2009, 00:03:28 »
ReplyReply

That's sounds so good, Sky.  I'd love to go.  And don't forget what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas Knipoog

(hey, why should the guys have all the fun huh?)   Grijns

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 8 December 2009, 00:07:55 »
ReplyReply

Funny story:  my son came home from school today (he's 10 years old) and forever has the girls chasing after him.  Today, he told me that the boys in his class are telling him of a little girl in the next class who has a big crush on him.  

'What's she like?' I asked

'she's nice...I think'  he said.

'But I don't want talk about it Mom!'  and walks away.

I wonder if this is the same little girl who always runs after him in the playground to try and kiss him?  She got him one time already!    Grijns
« Last Edit: 8 December 2009, 00:20:11 by Jilly » Logged

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 8 December 2009, 00:22:12 »
ReplyReply

champ

At 10 girls are "eeek!" for outsiders and collleagues... Smiley

Rattler

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 8 December 2009, 09:57:56 »
ReplyReply

LOL!! He's so precious Jilly!!!! My oldest son is 9, and the girls are so after him too, lol.....sigh....I dont know what I'll do when he brings a girlfriend home..Bedroefd....he's my baby....lol...sigh.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 8 December 2009, 16:53:58 »
ReplyReply

He's a cutie, Sky.   He'll be a  heartbreaker one day.  I used to have people stop me in the street, shops, bus etc.  just to comment on how cute he was, ever since he was very little.  Little old ladies couldn't go past him without commenting and patting his head.   Smiley

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 15 December 2009, 20:55:24 »
ReplyReply

For some reason I keep thinking it's the weekend.,

Sky,  are you going to Vegas by yourself or with someone else?

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 December 2009, 12:49:31 »
ReplyReply

Sometime within the next month, I shall be moving back to Ca. so that I might watch my granddaughter grow up, I have missed way to much already. There shall be a short intermission from my posting as I get settled.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44446773 | Sitemap