29 March 2024, 07:00:42 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Just random thoughts and conversation thread  (Read 75404 times)
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« on: 27 November 2009, 17:37:33 »
ReplyReply

So,  it's Friday again, I've had a very boring week.  What are you all up to this weekend?

How's life treating you?  Good?  So, so.  Crap?

Anyone want to come around for a barbecue and a few beers?

I'll need someone to bring the beers,   I'll supply the rest.   Smiley

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2009, 19:50:31 »
ReplyReply

VERY busy at work....tired to the teeth....slow progress is visible...they bought me a laptop to be mobile for data input.... smallclap

and I've been sick for the last 2 days.... waa

tomorrow it's Simple Minds day with a live performance in Brussels.... iconclap iconclap iconclap iconclap iconclap iconclap iconclap iconclap iconclap

SIMPLE MINDS - New Gold Dream LIVE
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2009, 20:44:44 »
ReplyReply

Whatever.  More burgers for me then.    idea

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2009, 15:45:29 »
ReplyReply

Whatever.  More burgers for me then.    idea

no BBQ weather here...and certainly NO burgers on my BBQ  whistle
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 November 2009, 18:22:42 »
ReplyReply

2 racks of Baby back ribs (pork) dry rubbed this morning for grilling this afternoon, when they will get their blanket of brown sugar and be slow cooked for several hours, then a barbecue sauce  will be swabbed on for 2 cycles of candying and the final swab will stay moist for serving. When Im done it shall be best described as butter on the bone. Beautiful weather here in Ar-Kansas, sunny & cool but comfortable.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 November 2009, 22:56:54 »
ReplyReply

3 more weeks of hard work and than its christmass vacation, gotta keep going, i love this nursing stuff but i dont love the studying.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 28 November 2009, 23:42:56 »
ReplyReply

Sant Elm displayed it´s magic for me again today:

Just about 20 minutes before when I would not have known what to do with a puppy (son of my "Locke" and a Beagle) that I had exectued my - as owner of the father - primary selection right for another person that wanted a puppy but suddenly disappeared and that was going to be brought to me today - I suddenly found an owner, just like that, on the road! It never ever even had to enter my house, the hand over was executed in the mountains... (pooh!).

Real Mallorca Soccer Club scored a 1:1 draw in Valencia - absolutely not to be expected neither from team class difference POV as well as from actual match evolution, and even less so in Valencia.

To make it totally random thoughts:

Since today we have now, in winter and with only 50 persons living here, suddenly 2 soccer bars, out of the blue where we had none in high season (we have no bank anymore, though, they dissolved it in high season 3 month ago with the result of every tourist trying to pay one beer with a credit card)...

Magic.

Spain.

Rattler
« Last Edit: 28 November 2009, 23:52:03 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 November 2009, 11:36:51 »
ReplyReply

3 more weeks of hard work and than its christmass vacation, gotta keep going, i love this nursing stuff but i dont love the studying.

keep going bud, the end is near...
sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 1 December 2009, 18:01:20 »
ReplyReply

Good things fall apart...so better things can fall together........

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 1 December 2009, 18:16:21 »
ReplyReply

I like that saying, Sky  Smiley

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 1 December 2009, 19:19:36 »
ReplyReply

I like that saying, Sky  Smiley

Sigh.......thank you mami.........I kinda feel better now......

"A good teacher is like a candle...It will consume itself to light the path for others"
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 4 December 2009, 20:02:38 »
ReplyReply

For a long time now,  I've been looking out to purchase some land, near here where I live.

I think I might have found the right spot.  It's a nice piece of land, 50 acres of woodland,  with mature trees, a large stream running through the  property,  500 feet of road frontage, and best of all, it's only a short walk to a lake and beach.  And around a 40 min.  drive from where I am.

It looks promising, and is not too expensive,  land is quite cheap around this area.  Eventually I would like to build a cabin on the property.  Here are some designs that I have my eye on.  Let me know which one you all think is best.

And ofcourse,  once the cabin is complete,  I'll have a big cabin warming party,  let me know if you'd like to come.  Smiley

Whichever design I choose it HAS to have a fireplace and chimey,  for those cold, snowy winter days/nights.  I can imagine the inside looking something like these:

I like this fireplace too:

Any other ideas or suggestions very welcome.  Anyone on here ever built or help build a cabin before?  Any advice or tips appreciated.

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 4 December 2009, 20:05:10 »
ReplyReply

I think I prefer the first one,  seems simple and functional.

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 4 December 2009, 20:52:38 »
ReplyReply

I think I prefer the first one,  seems simple and functional.

#2 for me with a stream on the property.

Inside, regarding your ideas, I am awestruck, looks like "money", maybe it isn´t in Canada. Go for it!

Alternatively look for something you can manage alone when you are old even in winter, i.e an autonomous life with enough terrain for hunting and minor farming, water and electicity that you don´t have to pay... But until that combine it with looking for a winter residence in Southern Europe (hint, hint!  waa)

Rattler
« Last Edit: 4 December 2009, 20:58:35 by Rattler » Logged

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 4 December 2009, 21:33:37 »
ReplyReply

Number 2 is nice too isn't it?  It's higher off the ground, which is always good, if we have stormy weather, which is a likelihood.

The land itself is not that expensive, Matt.  The cabin will probably cost more than the land itself,  or about the same,  but it'll be worth it in the end.

A residence is Europe would be out of my price range for sure,  nice thought though.  Smiley

Electricity and water shouldn't be too much of a problem (hopefully).  There are already other residences around in the area and the mains electricity just has to be connected from the main road.  Water will come in the form of  underground well.

The wildlife could be a bit of a challenge though...   Smiley

sky2979
Sergeant

United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 4 December 2009, 22:49:06 »
ReplyReply

If I run fast enough will I get what I want?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?? lol.......... xangel

FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 5 December 2009, 12:05:28 »
ReplyReply

If I run fast enough will I get what I want?

I doubt it, more than likely you'll just fall farther behind, stop pushing the river. If you are at peace with yourself the world will unfold before you. hatsoff

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Mad Russian

« Reply #17 on: 5 December 2009, 19:03:12 »
ReplyReply

Tired this week.

Dealing with the mortgage company, dealing with the VA, dealing with the company HR that has no actual human in it...I thought thats what the H stood for - HUMAN...anyway, it's been a long week.

The cold weather doesn't help. It hurts my bones.

And finally 2009 isn't over yet..it's still slowly creeping forward like a tortoise that is tired of the race. I will be very grateful when 2009 is over and done with. Then maybe things will improve...they certainly can't go a whole lot lower than they are at the moment. BUT everything happens for a reason. AND what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

So, considering all that....I'm reasonably stronger.... salute

Good Hunting.

MR

Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 5 December 2009, 19:48:10 »
ReplyReply

Life can to tough sometimes huh, MR?  I'm sure it'll all work itself out sooner or later.

Here's an interesting display by the  Indian airforce:

BBC News - Indian airforce's dazzling helicopter display 

Mike
Sergeant

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 5 December 2009, 22:20:19 »
ReplyReply

Becoming 22 years old tomorrow and i dont like it one bit. I still want to be a "kid" somedays you know. real life is catching up with me so fast :p

Anyway this year i'm gonna make a new start, already started going back to shcool, i like it so thats number 1.

Number2, really really hoping i find someone to "love", i've been alone all my life and i'm getting sick and tired from it. Mike is starting to need some affection Knipoog This my fault for a part, the few girls that were interested in me i didnt like that way, maybe i schould have a more "open-mind" about these things.

Number3: Hang out with my friends more.

nd then somemor things :p
Pages:  [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166800 | Sitemap