19 April 2024, 01:03:16 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Happy BD Rattler  (Read 5723 times)
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« on: 8 May 2011, 10:11:23 »
ReplyReply

bdaypty
Mad_Russian
Captain

United States

Co-founder of WaT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2011, 19:24:22 »
ReplyReply

Happy Birthday!  iconclap   Brede lach

Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2011, 22:25:50 »
ReplyReply

Thanks a lot folks, it was an interesting day indeed, not yet able to understand the whole impact:

Let me start off with saying that the last 6 weeks I was occupied 12 hours daily in the neighbour village of Andratx mounting an Ice Cream Factory and Ice Cream parlour in a way I had never done before, suffice to say that it all turned out marvelous though I did not gain on it (because the price offer I had made was a professional one expecting to use two weeks when in the end I needed 6... But, I learned a lot, like e.g. Drywalling or Tile Laying).

Today, my first free day in 6 weeks and my birthday co-incided and the day was soooo interesting I still dont know how to evaluate it:

- First, my ex Joana came searching for me in the morning (and found me in a cafe in the peatonal zone), a relief all by itself as it was the first time I saw her after all the hassle and problems that had happened (and it *was* a relief seeing her alive and kicking and well, believe me, tears welled in my eyes, especially as she had come to look for me to give me the birthday congrats, visitng her had been on my priority list for tomorrow).

- Then, during the day (brandies, beer, and more), a guy approached me (I know him, son of the chief construction company in the village, but not his wife) who threatened me directly with "Keep the fuck away from my wife, will you!?" in a bar where I was taking my drinks and relaxing after the long 6 weeks of daily rushing. I tried to talk to him and ask him what it was all about and that I did not even know his wife and that I am in love, etc..., but he wouldnt say more than that I had watched her showering and on the toilet (which I can state all sincerely I havent) and then left with giving me the finger, not my take for a 55 yrs birthtday party, really, but fast forgotten.

- This was around midday, and I kept on drinking, and then, about an hour ago, I suddenly, out of the blue, got attacked by two guys with knives in the same bar who tried to give it to me (it did not work out as there were all my friends around and a major shuffle started instantly that I oonly have unsharp memories about - mental pix of a multitude above me giving it to each other in the dark, from the ground, as I got shoved and pinned down right from start, receiving nothing more than a few kicks to the body from ppl I dont even know), shouting something about that I had talked bad about the before mentioned guy.

I got a few hits on me, and bruises, managed to avoid the knives, got up in the general turmoil and - following the "advice" of the bar owner: "Better get outta here!" - got the Hell out of Dodge (one of the thugs realized and went after me, but my terrier bit him and distracted him long enough to make leeway enough to confront him alone and smack him to an extent he would let me go, but it cost me my glasses and wallet)

Interesting, tomorrow I will hear more I am sure (and right now, with a certain time distance, I start hurting all over from the excertion).

This said, now we are going next stop 60...

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Jilly
Poster

Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2011, 05:05:00 »
ReplyReply

Oh my gosh!  Interesting day indeed.   waa

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2011, 17:51:09 »
ReplyReply

DAMN... I was so happy to read about Joanna but reading what occured afterwards?Huh?Huh?hdbng
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2011, 19:43:11 »
ReplyReply

Well, at least you had a far more interesting/ exciting day than I had Knipoog
But its good to read Joanna is on her feet again!!!
Say hello to her from me.

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Rattler
WaT Supporter

Germany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2011, 22:39:43 »
ReplyReply

@ stoffel: Willco.

Well, as I had lost my glasses (and alcohol makes you courageous) I went back to fetch them after I had written the message here, turns out that the bar got a little destroyed in the open field battle that had ensued after my departure, but when I re-appeared almost everybody had left and I could take a few more beers in peace.

Got my glasses and my wallet back, also, so for me a round day after all (but a *big* hangover all today which I havent recovered from yet).

Thanks all for you well wishing!

Rattler

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...": The Rattler Way Of Life (thanks! to Solideo)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9v3Vyr5o2Q
Mad_Russian
Captain

United States

Co-founder of WaT

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2011, 14:13:55 »
ReplyReply

One thing for sure, you didn't have a dull birthday.

It was good to see Joanna was okay.

The one thing that will go away from all that was the "big" head....unless, you keep feeding the beast!  Geschokt

Good Hunting.

MR
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2011, 22:02:52 »
ReplyReply

LOL Matt.
Thosen hangovers are getting tougher when you get older Smiley

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2011, 22:19:04 »
ReplyReply

LOL Matt.
Thosen hangovers are getting tougher when you get older Smiley

hangsoverS? I only have 1....
the_13th_redneck
Sergeant Major

Korea, Republic of