29 March 2024, 05:55:41 *

Login with username, password and session length
Welcome to War and Tactics!    War and Tactics Forum is currently undergoing some modifications that might disable features you are used to. This is unabvoidable as we have to update the forum engine to a new structure that is incompatible with many of the features we had used so far. The good news: WaT will be more secure and stable, and most of the features we uninstalled will be a natural part of the new structure anyway. For the rest we will be looking for solutions. (APR 23, 2018)

Home   Forum   Help ! Forum Rules ! Search Calendar Donations Login Register Chat  
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on Yahoo
Author Topic: Round 3 information  (Read 13646 times)
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 26 August 2009, 16:25:43 »
ReplyReply

Yes,

If your opponent agrees you can restart using the fix.

henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 August 2009, 02:39:25 »
ReplyReply

Ok, two questions then.

1. Where can I obtain the link?

2. This is a more academic question for me because my opponent has kindly agreed to a restart, but why would my opponent have to agree to restarting the scenario?  It was a flaw in the design which disadvantages one side.  The game was already started when you sent the email about it.  A restart should be automatic.

Disregard 1. I found the file above. Smiley
stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 27 August 2009, 12:23:53 »
ReplyReply

Lol, ok.

Well, I allways believe that two people should have agreement about  certain things before they act Knipoog

henk

My topics are about my personal opinion, my thoughts and what I think. They do not reflect the official opinion of the ministry of defense of the Netherlands.
FACman
WaT Supporter

United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 August 2009, 14:59:07 »
ReplyReply

Henk sez:
Well, I allways believe that two people should have agreement about  certain things before they act

I would readily agree with you under normal circumstances of two fellows playing a game where a problem is discovered, or a misunderstanding occurs. However, I think you missed Tanker's point, in that this is a tourney, and therefore it is not up to the players to define the parameters, but the moderator. Using your logic, you will find someone (theoretical) might like the advantage he has and not wish to restart. In which case you are then left with one player feeling taken advantage of by the flaw in the design. At which point he might demand (and reasonably so in my opinion) that the scenario be removed from the match and not count toward the final tally. It would therefore behoove you as the moderator to get the entire tourney on the same page to avoid the headache voluntary compliance 'might' unleash.

Disclaimer:
My opinion and a couple of dollars/Euros might get you a cup of coffee.

"You can call me by my first name...Sarge."
Tanker
Sergeant Major

United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 August 2009, 17:48:28 »
ReplyReply

Lol, ok.

Well, I allways believe that two people should have agreement about  certain things before they act Knipoog

As Facman said that's true normally.  But you are running a tournament so you must set the rules. 

henk

stoffel
WaT supporter
WaT Supporter

Netherlands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 27 August 2009, 18:26:38 »
ReplyReply

Lol,

I get your point.

Koen
Poster

Belgium

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 7 September 2009, 14:19:24 »
ReplyReply

to all players: read and reply plz: http://www.warandtactics.com/smf/round-3-discussions/round-3-update-please-report-status/

(Stoffel=posted it here so that everybody that posted before in THIS topic gets an email at home)
Pages:  1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Unique Hits: 44166171 | Sitemap